Angels & Kings

By Nonnie228

It's the summer before they go to college and all Callie and Nonnie really want to do is spend their summer t... More

Chapter 1,2
Chapter 3,4
Chapter 5,6
Chapter 7,8
Chapter 9,10
Chapter 11,12
Chapter 13,14
Chapter 15,16
Chapter 19,20
Chapter 21,22
Chapter 23,24
Chapter 25, 26
Chapter 27,28
Chapter 29,30
Chapter 31, 32
Chapter 33, 34
Chapter 35, 36
Chapter 37,38
Chapter 39, 40
Chapter 41, 42
Chapter 43, 44
Chapter 45, 46
chapter 47, 48
Chapter 49,50

Chapter 17,18

215 3 0
By Nonnie228

Chapter 17

(Nonnie)

It had been two weeks after our little talk and Pete and I still hadn’t decided where this thing was going. Well, I had. I mean, I really liked him. Even when he had his little tantrums he was cute, they always called me 'cause apparently I could calm him down when he was upset. I really think it's weird 'cause we’d only known each other for maybe a month, and had been fooling around for two weeks, but whatever.

"You just have this effect on him, it's like, I don’t know, morphine or something," Patrick said. We were sitting in the common area on the Cobra’s bus and everyone else was watching the Nightmare Before Christmas. I honestly never liked the movie. So Patrick and I were talking about Pete. "I mean I still don’t like it, the two of you together. It could cause a lot of trouble, I mean what happens when Travis finds out. If it doesn’t come from you and he just stumbles over the info. Then what," He whispered.

"Ugh don’t bring that up," I said, "Look if he finds out that Pete and I are doing anything together and he hasn’t even asked me on a proper date, he would kill us both."

"Then just tell him," he said loudly. Everyone turned and looked at us. I just smiled nervously. "Sorry," He said to everyone and they all turned back to the movie.

Then Pete came on the bus. "Hey Non, I have some lyrics and I was hoping you could help me just get the sound of them in my head," He said knowing darn well that while I could sing, putting lyrics together was not my strong suit.

"Uh… Sure." No one even looked up anyway, Patrick just rolled his eyes. We made our way to the FOB bus and as soon as we were in the door his lips collided with mine. We made our way to the back of the bus; his hands making a trail under my shirt.

"Pete," I said out of breath, "We better stop." He barely let the words leave my mouth before lifting me so that we both fell onto his bed; giving me the time to tell him we had to stop now.

"Why," he groaned.

"Because we need to find out what else we have in common; other than that we like to make out." That was a total load. I just knew that once again we would get to the point where I would have to stop us 'cause I wasn’t ready and that would just make him mad, and me a tease.

"We do we like the same kinds of music," He said and attacked my lips again.

"Pete…" he wouldn’t let me talk anymore, until finally I bit his lip.

"Ouch," He said jumping back, "Why’d you do that?"

"Because you wouldn’t let me talk."

"Fine," He said obviously frustrated, "What did you want to talk about." I sat there quiet, not knowing what to say. "Non what’s going on?"

I got up to leave. Only to have him grab me and pull me back onto the bed. "It’s… Nothing…" I said.

"Stop lying to me," He said looking me in the eyes.

"Look its just that, all we do is make out…what happens when you get tired of making out with me," I said looking away. "I don’t think I’m ready to…"

"Is that what all this is about?" I nodded and he took my chin in his hand making me look at him. "I will never force you to do anything you don’t want to, and I understand that you may not be ready, I will wait."

I took a deep breath did he know how much of a turn on that was. This time I kissed him. I left the bus happy. I was actually scared of how Pete would react.

I went around the corner only to be grabbed by Bill. "Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said taking a step back out of his hug quickly, "I was just about to go see what Callie was doing."

"No you weren’t," he said with a serious face.

"Yes I was," I said not understanding what he was talking about.

"Nope, you are going to dinner with me."

"Nope," I said. "I’m going to see Callie." Then I turned to walk away.

"Oh well I guess I’ll just go hang out with Travis, maybe tell him about what I just heard."

I stopped in my tracks.

"And what exactly did you just hear," I said. I tried not to let the worry show in my voice but I was failing miserably.

"You moan really loudly," He said with a smirk.

"Bill…"

"So where do you want to have dinner?"

Chapter 18

(Callie)

I had been playing video games with Matt in the bus for about an hour when I finally decided I was tired of losing miserably and gave up. I had no idea where Travis, Nonnie, or Victoria were so I decided to take a walk and see if I found them.

I had walked a bit when I came across Gabe walking in the opposite direction. He turned around and started to walk beside me. "So when are we going to dinner," he asked nonchalantly.

I stopped dead in my tracks before continuing my stroll. "What are you talking about," I asked.

"That day I helped you pack up the merch, when Nonnie disappeared, I asked if you would go to dinner with me."

"Hmm, really…" I thought hard, "I don’t remember that." At that moment we came upon two figures standing in the darkness. As we got closer I could see the shorter figure belonged to Nonnie, the taller one, William, who had her pinned against FOB’s bus.

"Hey guys, what’s up," Gabe asked.

"Hey buddy," Bill responded, "We were just about to go to dinner."

"Do you think we can come," asked Gabe.

"No!" I practically shouted at the same time Non shouted, "Yes!"

We glared at each other for a moment. "Can you excuse us for a minute," she said grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me to the other side of the bus out of earshot from the boys.

"Oww! What’s your problem," I asked.

"Please, please come with us," she begged.

"Why?"

"Because, I keep telling Bill that I only like him as a friend, but he’s determined we’re going to be more and I honestly don’t want to be alone with him," she cried.

I burst out laughing. "Why? Do you think he’s going to rape you or something?"

She started to giggle herself. "Hey, you never know. But why don’t you want to go? I thought you liked Gabe? This could be your first date."

I tried to think of an excuse but the only thing I could think of was, "Because I’m involved with your brother and he makes me incredibly happy." But I couldn’t say that. I thought back to last night when Travis and I had cuddled in the back lounge watching "The Breakfast Club" like we had that night it all began; only this time I didn’t fall asleep. At the end of the movie before we went to bed Travie had pulled out a pretty beaded bracelet and put it on my wrist.

I started to play with it before lifting my head to meet Nonnie’s gaze. I rolled my eyes, "Fine let’s go."

We were seated fairly quickly especially when the young hostess recognized William. Nonnie and I sat across from eachother and Gabe sat next to me. Nonnie and I immediately became engrossed in our menus.

After the waitress had taken our drink orders William decided to break the ice, "So tell us how you two met and became best friends," he said putting his arm casually around Nonnie’s shoulders. She stiffened and looked at me.

I simply raised an eyebrow and started to speak, "Well, my family moved into the neighborhood when we were just babies and our parents became friends. Our moms used to get together and have play dates for us and stuff."

"Awww…that’s so cute," said Gabe sarcastically pretending to gag.

"Shut up," I said punching him playfully on his side. The mood seemed to lighten up from then on for the rest of the evening.

When we got back to the buses, William asked Nonnie to go back to his bus. She hesitated but then he whispered something in her ear and she quickly agreed. As the two of them walked off Gabe turned to me said, "Can I walk you home, milady," extending his arm.

"Why you certainly may," I said with a bad southern accent. I looped my arm through his and we walked slowly and silently toward the GCH bus.

The night air was warm but there was a cool breeze blowing. We were now in the Midwest so I could clearly see every star in the sky. It made me wish I could be sharing this moment with Travie.

When we reached the bus Gabe spoke, "So I had a really good time tonight. It was nice getting to see you away from everybody else, especially the watchful eye of Travis," he joked, "Maybe we could do it again…" he trailed off.

"Yeah I had fun too," I said quietly.

Then he moved closer and kissed me very softly and gently. He stepped back and quickly lowered his head. He began kicking the dirt with his beat up Nikes. He looked pretty adorable in his tight black jeans and purple hoodie pulled up over his hat-covered head. I had to admit, if I wasn’t with Travis I would definitely be interested. I also felt bad about giving him false hope but it seemed I had no choice. Finally, he looked up and said, "I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that."

"No," I said quickly, "It’s fine." Then, I kissed his cheek. "Good night."

"Good night," he said back smiling. Then, I turned my back towards him and went into the bus.

When I entered, I found Matt exactly where I had left him hours earlier playing video games in the front lounge. I kissed him on the top of his head. "Sorry for ditching you Matty."

"It’s ok, I didn’t realize you were gone until about 2 hours ago," he said never taking his eyes off of the screen. I rolled my eyes and continued to the back of the bus.

I was standing in front of my bunk when someone covered my mouth and grabbed me from behind pulling me into the bathroom. I stopped trying to scream when I realized it was Travis. "What the hell are you doing," I yelled.

He shushed me loudly and locked the door. I stood with my hand on my hip waiting for him to explain himself.

"Where’s Nonnie?"

"She went back to TAI’s bus. Now what’s going on?"

"What the hell was that," he said angrily.

"What was what?"

"You kissing Gabe. Did you think I wouldn’t see you standing right outside the bus?"

I sighed and hopped onto the sink. "Travis…look a couple of weeks ago Nonnie said she noticed a difference in me. She could tell it was from a guy. So when she asked me who it was I lied and said Gabe. Tonight somehow I sucked into going to dinner with Non, Bill, and Gabe and then he kissed me," I said almost without stopping. He didn’t speak; he just let it all sink in so I continued. "It’s just a bad side effect of hiding a relationship. And in order for noone to find out about us I might have to continue seeing Gabe…and kissing him," I added gently. "But trust me, you have nothing to worry about baby," I said cupping his face with my hands.

He still looked moody and mad so I used my thumbs to stretch the sides of his mouth into a silly smile. When I let go he still wasn’t giving in so I stretched his mouth again but this time I kissed his now duck-shaped lips which made him smile. He positioned his body between my dangling legs and steadying me on the sink with his hands on my waist.

"Fine I guess you have no choice. But I swear if Cal, if you sleep with him..."

"What! Travis you know I'm not going to do that! Besides, I don't want anybody but you," I said pulling him in for another kiss, "Sorry, babe, but you're not getting rid of me just yet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.5K 38
Lila Daniels has spent all of her life living under the protective wings of her three older brothers, Charlie, Lucas and Tucker or in the gymnastics...
300K 8.1K 48
It's the beginning summer vacation and you are going into your senior year of high school. Every summer, you leave our main home in the east coast an...
450 1 50
It's the summer before they go to college and all Callie and Nonnie really want to do is spend their summer together with their big brother, Travis...
1.2K 246 19
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...