Upgrade Me || BTS Yoongi & Ju...

By av1united

"A memory that changed his life forever..." "A memory that haunts him every night..." "A... More

CH. 1 [UPDATED]
CH. 2
CH. 3
CH. 4
CH. 5
CH. 6
CH. 7
CH. 8
CH. 9
CH. 10
CH. 11
CH. 12
CH. 13
CH. 14
CH. 15
CH. 17
CH. 18

CH. 16

963 54 27
By av1united

[JUNGKOOK'S HOUSE]

Picking up the note that was lying beside the contract, Jungkook stared at it emotionlessly.

Farewell... Jungkook.

~Taeran

She had left him speechless. He woke up this morning and found no trace of her except this note that she had left behind.

He hasn't got the time to even wash up yet and was still shirtless, wearing only his sweat pant from last night.

After staring at the note for a very long time, he stepped back and sat on the edge of the bed.

He let the note dropped to the floor as he sat there... alone and empty.

He was such a fool. He should have known that this is what she intended to do.

She had planned this long ago, ever since from the trip to Jeju Island he was suspicious of her. But he still let himself fell into her trap.

This is what she wanted. She wanted this to happen between them so that she could use the contract as an excuse to go away from him.

Though he was angry... he doesn't have any rights to hold her back.

This is her choice and all that he can do was to accept it.

He fell backward onto the bed and closed his tired eyes. He continued to lay there and then a tear escape from the outer corner of his eyes and trekked down the side of his temple.

[AUNT SUJIN'S HOUSE]

Since the door to Aunt Sujin's house wasn't lock, Hyebin told Yoongi to stay outside and she'll go in to see if Aunt Sujin is home.

HYEBIN: "Aunt Sujin?"

She called out when she stepped into the living room.

HYEBIN: "Aunt Sujin?"

Her gazes wandered around the living room but then it landed on a picture frame on the coffee table.

It looks so familiar to her.

She stepped over and picked up the picture. Her heart dropped dramatically when she realized the picture was the exact same one that she saw in Yoongi's drawer.

HYEBIN: "Why does Aunt Sujin had this picture?"

She took a closer look at the woman who was in the picture and then her lips parted in a surprise.

The woman in the picture was Aunt Sujin.

Hyebin hardly recognize her because she was still young and slimmer in the picture but the similarity is still there.

She suddenly remembered yesterday after they came back from the event that Yoongi had to attend, she came and visit Aunt Sujin.

Yoongi didn't come because he was having a slight headache, so Hyebin came by herself.

~ HYEBIN: "We came to visit you yesterday but you weren't home so we left. Where did you go? Your door wasn't lock."

AUNT SUJIN: "Ah... I was in the backyard and then decided to go to the market down the street. I must have forgotten that I haven't locked the door."

Hyebin inhaled heavily and gave Aunt Sujin a look.

HYEBIN: "How many times have I told you to lock your door before going out? What if a thief intruded in and stole all your stuff? Or even hurt you?"

AUNT SUJIN: "I know. I know. I'll remember it from now on. So... how is your boss doing? He almost got hurt this morning. Is he okay?"

Hyebin's eyebrows twitched and she blinked her eyes questionably.

HYEBIN: "Hm? How did you know that he almost got hurt this morning?"

Aunt Sujin looked away suddenly and then let out a weak laugh.

AUNT SUJIN: "I walked by this morning and saw the situation, that's why I asked."

HYEBIN: "Awww~aww... he's doing fine. He wasn't hurt, that's a relief." ~

~HYEBIN: "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

YOONGI: "No. She's my mom! That woman over there is my mom!" ~

So, it is true. Yoongi did saw his mother.

It was Aunt Sujin.

Hyebin suddenly turned her head toward the front door when a loud crashing noise was heard from outside.

Yoongi stormed into Aunt Sujin's house and his men came right after him. But the house was dead silent.

~ Mrs. Jeon stopped at Yoongi's side during the cross intersection.

MRS. JEON: "I will never let a boy like you win me."

She whispered into his ear and then continued her way down.

YOONGI: "Then you should have put an end to it."

She stopped and looked over her shoulder with a slight grin.

MRS. JEON: "It's not the time yet." ~

His fist clenched tightly in anger and frustration.

YOONGI: "Where is he?!"

He jerked the woman who had attacked him yesterday by the shoulders. She smirked wickedly.

WOMAN: "You'll soon know."

His eyebrows crashed together and then a second later, his cellphone rings.

He looked at the unknown caller ID and then answered it. There was a brief of silent before the man on the other line speaks.

MAN: "I'm waiting for you. Only you."

The call ended and then seconds later an address was sent to his cellphone.

[MRS. JEON'S HOUSE]

Jungkook turned his car towards his mother's house when he noticed that his mother's car drove out of the drive way and into the street.

He braked his car and stared at his mother's car as it was going the opposite direction from him.

JUNGKOOK: "Where is she going?"

Curious, he stepped on the accelerator and drove after his mother.

Three black cars parked in front of an old abandon parking garage and Yoongi stepped out from the first car.

Yoohan stepped out after him from the second car and walked over to his side.

YOOHAN: "We will be right behind you."

Yoongi glanced at him at the corner of his eyes and then looked at the dark clouds that are roaming in.

Without saying anything, he marched into the abandon place.

A bucket of icy cold water was splashed right at Sujin's face. Both Sujin and Hyebin were tied against a pole in a warehouse after being kidnapped.

Mrs. Jeon bends over and held onto Sujin's chin.

MRS. JEON: "Can't believe I've tried to search for you all these years and you're just hiding right under my nose."

SUJIN: "You took my son! Jungmin is still alive!"

Mrs. Jeon burst out laughing.

MRS. JEON: "I did. But then... Your husband did found out and guess what... he let me keep him. I can't wait to see how you'll feel when both your son dies in front of you!"

She smirked and let go of Sujin's chin with a strong push.

HYEBIN: "What kind of sister are you? How you could this to your own sister?"

MRS. JEON: "Shut your mouth! You're not me, how could you possibly know the pain I've been through! The person that I love got taken away. He married to my own sister! I have been living in hell knowing that the person I love was just right in front of me but I can't even touch him! I can't even love him! All I could do was watched him from the side, loving and living happily with someone else! The pain of being abandoned and being unloved, have you ever felt it!?"

HYEBIN: "But do the person that you love, loves you back?!"

Her question causes Mrs. Jeon to freeze and her mind went back to that day....

~ NAYOUNG: "No, please don't go!"

Nayoung, Jungkook's mother, hugged onto Yoonri, Yoongi's father, from the back, preventing him to leave when he picks up his clothes that were scattered in the hotel room.

She was in a bathing robe and he was still shirtless, wearing only his pant that he managed to put on before heading out.

NAYOUNG: "Don't go please. I love you, Yoonri. I love you."

He glared at her over his shoulder.

YOONRI: "I can't believe you can do this."

NAYOUNG: "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

He turned around violently and held her shoulders.

YOONRI: "You're not sorry! You already know that I'm marrying your sister in a couple of months and you purposely do this!"

NAYOUNG: "Because I love you! I don't want to lose you to somebody else!"

YOONRI: "But I don't love you, Nayoung!"

She froze in shock.

YOONRI: "I love Suyoung! I love her with all my heart. That's why I'm marrying her."

She shook her head in disbelief.

NAYOUNG: "No... that's not true. You love me. You take care of me, because you love me. You love me, Yoonri."

YOONRI: "I apologized for making you misunderstood me. I take care of you because you're Suyoung's sister. I don't love you. I never did."

She continued to shake her head, not wanting to believe the words that Yoonri had confessed.

YOONRI: "I'll pretend that last night never happen."

He turned around.

NAYOUNG: "If you take one step out of this room, I'll tell everybody about what happen between us!"

He turned back to her and stared deeply into her eyes.

YOONRI: "Then who do you think will be at fault? Me, who had slept with you without intention or you, who had drug me to sleep with you."

Nothing dares to come out from her mouth as she continued to stare at him with tears trekking down her cheeks.

YOONRI: "Please... don't make things worse." ~

Hyebin stared at Mrs. Jeon who had gone quiet.

HYEBIN: "If he doesn't love you, then you're just being selfish. You are living in pain because of your own thoughts and beliefs. You never care about what others would think or feel. You only care about your own self!"

Mrs. Jeon slapped her face.

SUJIN: "Hyebin!"

Mrs. Jeon grabbed onto the back of Hyebin's hair and pulled it back so that Hyebin will be facing her again.

MRS. JEON: "You have such a smart mouth, don't cha?"

She looked at the men that came in with her.

MRS. JEON: "Untied her!"

One of the men came and untied Hyebin from the pole.

MRS. JEON: "Let's see how bad your mouth can speak when I shot a bullet right through it."

SUJIN: "No, NO!"

Mrs. Jeon dragged Hyebin by the hair toward the exit of the warehouse.

SUJIN: "Don't! Nayoung! Don't do anything to her! Nayoung!"

The men open the door and Mrs. Jeon suddenly froze.

Jungkook was standing outside, blocking her way.

She let go of Hyebin's hair instantly.

MRS. JEON: "Jungkook..."

Marching through levels and levels of the parking garage, Yoongi came face to face with a group of men, about 100 in total, that are waiting for him.

YOONGI: "Where is Jungmin?"

The head man of the group stepped up and smirked.

HEAD MAN: "Calm down, pretty boy. Our boss wants us to play with you first."

Yoongi stared at them at a low angle and his eyes grew darker.

MRS. JEON: "How did you get here?"

JUNGKOOK: "I followed you."

Her jaw muscles tensed and she breathe heavily.

JUNGKOOK: "Why are you doing this? Let them go."

MRS. JEON: "This has nothing to do with you, so go back home."

JUNGKOOK: "I am not going anywhere!"

He shouted at her.

MRS. JEON: "Are you being stubborn towards your own mother? I said go home!"

JUNGKOOK: "Then you'll have to go with me!"

Her lips were seal and she took a step back.

JUNGKOOK: "Please mom. You had already done so much. Please stop."

She shook her head.

MRS. JEON: "No. I've already gone this far... I am not going to stop."

JUNGKOOK: "Mom, listen to me."

MRS. JEON: "I am not going to stop! They'll have to suffer like I have suffered!"

A body falls straight and hit the ground right beside them.

Both of them looked up and Mrs. Jeon's heart sank. They were fighting up there.

MRS. JEON: "No..."

She dashed away and Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise.

JUNGKOOK: "Mom!"

Jungkook caught his mother's arm and stopped her from running. She screamed and shouted for Jungkook to let her go, but he didn't.

JUNGKOOK: "Hold her and do not let her go up!"

He ordered the men and they nodded. They held onto Mrs. Jeon as Jungkook continued his way up.

As soon as Jungkook went out of sight, Mrs. Jeon stopped struggling immediately and smirked.

The fighting continued, Yoongi versus the 100 men. Though he was injured, it does not stop him from fighting.

Yoohan, along with all Yoongi's men reached them and they also joined the fight.

A gunshot boom across the air and hit Yoongi's right arm.

It was so sudden that he forgot to feel any pain.

He turned around and caught a glimpse of Jungmin, who was standing at a distance with the gun pointing at him.

Jungmin lowered the gun and his gaze pierced right through Yoongi's eyes. He flashed Yoongi a smirk and then ran up to the next level of the parking garage.

Yoongi did not hesitate and dashed after him.

Jungkook got there right in time when he caught a glimpse of Yoongi running up to the next level.

He dashed after, fighting every man who came and attack him along the way and then once he got through, he run up after Yoongi.

The sky has darkened when Yoongi reached the roof top. He glared at Jungmin's back, who was standing by the edge of the building.

JUNGMIN: "I want you. Only you I said."

Jungkook ran out to the rooftop breathlessly.

JUNGKOOK: "Yoongi."

Yoongi immediately looked over his shoulder when he heard Jungkook's voice.

JUNGKOOK: "Watch out!"

Yoongi turned back to Jungmin when he pulled the trigger. Yoongi and Jungkook ducked right in time when the bullet came right at them.

They rolled off to the side and as Jungkook stood back up, he was stunned to see Jungmin's face.

Lighten strike and thunder roared above them and then seconds later, heavy rain started pouring.

Jungmin grinned at the sight of Jungkook.

JUNGMIN: "What a surprise? I didn't expect you to be here. How's Ms. Taeran doing?"

Jungkook's eyebrows twitched at the mention of Taeran's name.

JUNGKOOK: "Who are you? How did you know Taeran?"

He chuckled and lowered his gun down.

JUNGMIN: "Of course you wouldn't know me. How could you when mother kept me a secret? As of Taeran..."

He grinned.

JUNGMIN: "I was the one who kidnapped her."

Jungkook's lips parted in shock and his heart sank.

JUNGMIN: "The two of you were so sweet, walking together at the temple..."

His expression suddenly darkens.

JUNGMIN: "It's irritating."

~ MRS. JEON: "He gave it to me. I don't know anything of what had happen."

Jungkook exploded in rage.

JUNGKOOK: "You bastard!"

Jungkook charged over and punched him in the face. He split out the blood and chuckled when Jungkook held his collar.

JUNGMIN: "You should count your blessing. I planned to torture her and kill her, then send her dead body to you. But mother interrupted me."

Jungkook threw another punch at him and then jerked him to face Jungkook again.

JUNGKOOK: "Why did you hurt her for?! What have she ever done to you!?"

JUNGMIN: "You made mother cried!"

He shouted in rage and grabbed onto Jungkook's collar as well.

JUNGMIN: "You hurt her! You destroy her! But still... she loves you. You stole mother away from me!"

He pushed Jungkook away violently.

JUNGMIN: "And you!"

He pointed the gun back at Yoongi.

JUNGMIN: "You took father away from me! Both of you took everything away from me! I was left all alone in the dark, old, dungeon! Why did I hurt her? Because I was hurt. Nothing hurt more than seeing the one you love getting hurt!"

YOONGI: "She is not your mother!"

Jungmin's gaze shifted over to Yoongi.

YOONGI: "The woman that you think is your mother is not your mother!"

JUNGMIN: "What the hell are you talking about?! His mother is my mother!"

YOONGI: "She is not!"

Yoongi's blazing gaze pierced straight through Jungmin's eyes.

YOONGI: "The woman that you loved and called her mother... is the one who killed our mother."

Jungmin shook his head in disbelief.

JUNGMIN: "You're lying!"

YOONGI: "Then explain to me the reason to why she doesn't love you?! She locked you up, away from the outside world for what reason?! You called her mother... but have she ever told you that you're her son?"

Jungmin's expression softens and his lips started trembling at the words that are coming out from Yoongi's mouth.

YOONGI: "We look alike for one reason. You and I... are identical twins. You're my younger brother."

Jungmin's lips tighten and his jaw muscles tensed.

YOONGI: "She kept you because she wanted revenge! She played you to believe every word she said so that we will fight and kill each other ourselves and we are doing exactly like what she wanted!"

Yoongi's expression softens and he gave Jungmin a warm brotherly look.

YOONGI: "There are only the two of us left. Let's not do this, brother."

Yoongi's words soften Jungmin's heart. He can feel the love in Yoongi's eyes and he also feel so attach to Yoongi that it hurts him so much.

BANG! BANG! Two bullet shot right into Yoongi's back. It was so sudden that causes Jungmin and Jungkook to freeze there in a daze.

SUJIN: "NO! Yoongi!!"

Mrs. Jeon stepped out, with two men holding Sujin and Hyebin on each side of her. Hyebin was stunned in shock as of Sujin, she burst out crying at the sight of her son getting shot.

MRS. JEON: "I've killed you once and I'll kill you again."

Yoongi dropped to his knee. Jungkook was about to rush over but a couple of men ran over and tackled him down.

They bended his knees and stepped on his legs to firmly held him in place so that he couldn't use any of his muscle.

JUNGKOOK: "Mom, what the hell are you doing!?"

MRS. JEON: "I'm killing them all, that's what I'm doing!"

JUNGKOOK: "You can't do this! Mom!"

Jungmin took a couple of steps forward with his gazes right at Mrs. Jeon.

JUNGMIN: "What he was saying... is it true? You're not my mother?"

MRS. JEON: "I am not your mother. She is your mother!"

The man that was holding Sujin pushed her a step forward. Jungmin's glanced at Sujin and then back at Mrs. Jeon.

JUNGMIN: "You're lying. You're my mother."

Mrs. Jeon smirked.

MRS. JEON: "Yes... I raised you. I feed you. But I am not your mother. I took you from your mother ever since the day you were born and fake your death. This is what I wanted. For you two to kill each other in front of your mother! But... I guess I'll just have to kill you myself."

She rose up the gun.

JUNGKOOK: "Mom, stop! STOP!"

Jungmin looked down at Yoongi, who was lying right before him. Yoongi's blood trailed down with the rain, forming a river of blood. Jungmin tightens his grip around the gun that he was holding.

JUNGMIN: "You killed my brother."

He mumbled to himself as tears started forming in his eyes.

JUNGMIN: "You killed my brother. YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

He pulled the trigger right at Mrs. Jeon but the man behind her pushed her away and the bullet shot him.

Yoohan and the others men that was still alive attack the men from behind Mrs. Jeon.

Since the men that were holding Jungkook was caught off guard, Jungkook took the chance and attack them to free himself.

Hyebin elbowed the man that was holding him and kick him away. She rushed over to Sujin, who was thrown to the ground when the other men attack.

She helped Sujin up and then Sujin rushed over to Yoongi and held Yoongi in her arms.

SUJIN: "Yoongi! Yoongi!"

A helicopter flew above them and flashes a light down to them.

POLICE: "This is the police! You're surrounded! Everybody dropped your weapons."

Mrs. Jeon's eyes widen and she ran back down.

JUNGKOOK: "Mom!"

He chased after her.

Sujin looked up and sees Jungmin followed them down.

SUJIN: "No! Jungmin! Jungmin!"

She let go of Yoongi and rushed after. Hyebin held onto Yoongi.

HYEBIN: "Aunt Sujin!"

Jungkook catch up to his mother and grabbed onto her hand that was holding the gun.

Mrs. Jeon strongly refused to let go and they both struggled to get the gun.

JUNGKOOK: "Mom, let go! Mom!"

A gunshot boom right passed them and Jungkook turned around, pulling his mother behind him.

Jungmin strolled towards them, aiming the gun at Mrs. Jeon.

JUNGMIN: "You ruined me! You destroy my whole life! I'll kill you! I'll make you suffer!"

JUNGKOOK: "No! If you want to hurt my mom then you'll have to kill me."

MRS. JEON: "Jungkook!"

JUNGKOOK: "The only way you can hurt her is to kill me!"

SUJIN: "Jungmin."

Jungmin's facial expression softens when he heard his mother called him. His heart ached painfully just by hearing her voice.

Sujin strolled slowly towards him from behind.

SUJIN: "Jungmin... you can stop now. Please... don't hurt yourself anymore. You had been separated from me for too long. Come... come back to your mother's arms."

Mother...

He lowered the gun down and turned around. When his gaze meets his mother, the gun dropped out of his hand.

All he ever wanted was to be love. To be love by his father and his mother. He wanted a loving family.

His mother opened her arms and they both strolled towards each other after so many years.

JUNGMIN: "Mother..."

A bullet shot right into his back. He falls straight into his mother's arms.

SUJIN: "Jungmin!"

Jungkook turned to his mother and his mother was the one who had shot Jungmin. He grabbed onto the gun but his mother held onto it firmly.

MRS. JEON: "LET GO! I'M GOING TO KILL THEM ALL! LET GO OF ME!"

JUNGKOOK: "Stop! Mom! Mom!"

He managed to toss the gun away and then held onto his mother as she struggled strongly.

MRS. JEON: "LET GO OF ME! LET GO! LET GO! AHHH! AHHH!"

[HOSPITAL]

Sujin was running by Jungmin's side and Hyebin was running by Yoongi's side when the nurses were pushing them towards the Emergency Room.

Both of them stay behind when the nurses closed the door.

Hyebin hugged onto Aunt Sujin and tried to comfort her, though she was trying so hard to hold back her tears.

All they could do now was pray for Yoongi and Jungmin to be alright.

Daejoon rushed over after settling everything with the police.

DAEJOON: "How are they? Are they out yet?"

Hyebin shook her head.

He exhaled nervously and then the door opened.

They all rushed over to the nurse that came out.

DAEJOON: "Is Yoongi and Jungmin okay?"

NURSE: "Mr. Jungmin is fine now. We took out the bullet from his back, which luckily the bullet didn't hit any of his bones. The nurses will transfer him to another room for him to get some rest."

All of them were relief that Jungmin was okay now but then... the nurse only mention Jungmin.

SUJIN: "How... how about Yoongi?"

The nurse lowered his eyes a bit before meeting theirs again.

NURSE: "As for Mr. Yoongi, he is in a very critical position right now."

Their shoulders dropped and their heart pounded against their chest.

NURSE: "Doctor Kim is still with him at the moment. We will get back with you all shortly. Please excuse me."

The nurse walked on and Sujin dropped onto the seat behind her.

Hyebin sat down beside her and rubbed her back gently. She looked toward the close door in front of her that separated them from Yoongi.

HYEBIN: 'You'll be okay. You'll be okay, Yoongi.'

Taeran burned a couple of incense sticks and then held it in-between her hands as she prayed.

She was the one who called the police after Yoohan had called her about Yoongi going out to meet Jungmin.

Just a couple of minutes ago, she heard the news from Hyebin about Yoongi's condition.

It was hard for her to accept it, but she'll have to be strong. Be strong for everyone. Be strong for Yoongi. Stay positive and believe that Yoongi will be safe.

DOCTOR KIM: "Okay, ready."

He pressed the defibrillator against Yoongi's chest.

DOCTOR KIM: "In one, two, three!"

They plumped Yoongi's chest when his heart beat has gone slower and slower.

DOCTOR KIM: "One more time."

He pressed the defibrillator against Yoongi's chest again.

DOCTOR KIM: "In one, two, three!"

They plumped Yoongi's chest again and again. The ECG heart rate monitor shows very slow peaks of Yoongi's heart beats and then... none.

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.5K 24
*sigh* The normal cliche high school story between a nerd and bully. My dad is the richest actor and my mom is the richest actress. I don't need any...
444K 9.3K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
4.5K 142 8
Commander of the Sacred Order of Holy Knight, Chief of the International Police Force, First King of Illyria, rival of Sol Badguy, genius swordsman...
25.9K 358 60
•she was just lucky meeting celebrities• rewritten version out now :) AestheticalAmber ©all rights reserved 2018-2020