from me to you | liskook

By yliayukari

from the very start, she knew he was bad news by the way he smiles and the way he moves More

foreword
~01~
~02~
~03~
~04~
~05~
~06~
~07~
~08~
~09~
~10~
~12~

~11~

4.1K 235 66
By yliayukari

The meeting with the PR representatives had only lasted for 30 minutes, shorter than they have expected. And much to Lisa's surprise, it did not involve lengthy interrogations or excruciating punishments for their rule breaking. So far, their boss remained oblivious about that little incident. Instead, it was more of a good news informing them of the upcoming collaboration stages they will individually participate in for the SBS Gayo Daejun. Rose, being in the acoustic stage and Lisa on the street dance opening number.

The two were giddy with anticipation and nerves at the same time. It will be a chance for them to exhibit their true potential, and prove that they deserved to be called Monster Rookies not just because they came from a big company. However, it will also be their first time working with other artists outside their label and alone without their other members.

Tomorrow will be the start date for their rehearsals. They were being thrown straightaway into the spot; without giving them enough time to prepare physically and mentally for the magnitude of responsibility in representing their group. What can they expect as an idol, really? Producers and company executives don't alter their schedules to accommodate you. You adjust yours to fit theirs – even if it meant waking up in the middle of the night to shoot for an endorsement campaign. Not that they can complain anyways.

"Unnie! Jennie-unnie! Jisoo-unnie!" Lisa shouted as soon as they stepped foot inside their dorm, unable to control her excitement in sharing the good news.

Jennie came out from the kitchen wearing a flowery apron and holding a spatula at one hand. "Are they finally kicking you out of YG Lisa?" She said in a cheery tone, "Before you leave, can you first clean up your mess in the bathroom?"

"And leave your entire make up collection behind," Jisoo added, giving her a big hug while patting her back. "We will miss you maknae. Don't cry, unnie will comfort you. There, there."

"Yah! What made you think I'm leaving?"

"You're not?" The two oldest asked in unison, showing their disappointment.

"No."

"Oh, then we got our hopes up for nothing," Jennie shrugged, walking back to the kitchen, followed by Jisoo.

"Are you two that eager to get rid of me?" Lisa said puffing her cheeks and adapted a fake, wounded expression, clasping her chest for more effect.

"Stop with the aegyo Lisa," Jisoo scolded with a cringe. "That's one of the reasons why we want to get your ass kicked out to the curb."

"What's the meeting about then?" The dark haired inquired, stirring the pan full with rice. Lisa's mouth watered at the sight of food and its delectable smell. Her unnie's kimchi fried rice was so far the best that she has ever tasted; even those in restaurants can't rival it. "Don't you dare Lalisa," she warned at the maknae who started to make her way closer to the stove. "If you don't want to sleep outside tonight, better behave yourself."

She glowered in defeat and sat next to Jisoo at the kitchen island. Jennie always meant what she said, once a threat is made, better back down or suffer the consequences.

"It's for this coming Gayo Daejun unnie," Rose exclaimed in happily, like a kid receiving her first Christmas present. Well, that's just like her, showing a whole range of emotion over the simplest things. "Lisa and I will be collaborating with other idols. I will be singing and she will be dancing."

"Daebak!" The oldest shrieked out, getting affected by Rose's infectious enthusiasm. "I'm so proud of my kids. And proud of myself for raising you well." She pulled the three of them in a tight hug. One can't really get a praise from her, without praising herself first.

•••

The following day came by too quickly. Rose has gone ahead to a recording studio where she and the others whom she will be collaborating with will meet up and practice. Lisa, on the other hand, was now inside the SBS building waiting for the lift to come down. With ear pods blasting on full volume and focus on her phone, she did not notice the presence of a person standing beside her, waiting as well. As the lift doors opened, employees and staff stepped out before they can finally get in. She was about to press the 5th floor button when a finger beat her into it.

Out of Body Experience or OBE, Lisa has only heard of it from watching horror films and paranormal documentaries. It never crossed her mind that she would be experiencing it firsthand. In the elevator. In front of Park Jimin. She can feel her soul escaping her body the millisecond their fingers touched.

"S-sunbae..." was all that she managed to say. She has no idea if for how long she was lost in trance, staring at the beautiful being before her. All those promises and resolve of forgetting about him have vanished the instant he flashed his enchanting smile. He was just too much to ignore. His presence alone can crumble all the her defenses, like a house of cards collapsing in on itself.

He bowed first, and Lisa greeted him back in an extremely rattled manner. "Lisa-ssi from BlackPink, right? You must be here for the collaboration stage." His voice was like honey, smooth and fluid.

"Y-yes, sunbae. Are you a part of it too?" She asked timidly; mentally pleased with herself for not collapsing. That was the first two sentences she has ever spoken in front of him. Now that she thought about it, the last one was a seemingly dimwitted question. Duh, Lalisa. Why else would he be here?

The door pinged open and they both exited. "Yeah. I'll be on the modern dance. I'm looking forward to our collaboration." Bloody hell. Realization hit her hard, she and Park Jimin on the dance floor. That would be the death of her. But she has to stay low key as much as possible; and that would entail controlling her fan girl mania and trying to act indifferent around him. Easy.

Not. Not when he was serving looks and muscles right in front of her. Not when he was gliding effortlessly on the dance floor, face gleaming with sweat and sending sultry looks at her direction. Well, not really at her direction. More like to everyone else in the room. She feasted her eyes over the manificence that is Park Jimin.

"Boo!"

Lisa jumped a few feet away from her spot, shocked. YugYeom was laughing hysterically at her stunned face, while JinYoung was shaking his head at the younger one's silliness. She smacked him hard on the arm, making sure the impact would hurt.

"You almost gave me a heart attack." She hit him again, this time in the gut, earning a whinge of agony from the other.

"That's abuse already, noona," he winced as he spoke, covering his aching belly from more harm.

"Serves you right."

The three of them were part of the street dance team along with four others. Having finished with their rehearsals for their first opening act, they opted to watch the others from the modern dance whilst having a break. They have to wait for them to finish before learning the choreography together for the end part of the presentation.

YugYeom draped an arm around her shoulder, leaning all his weight on her small figure. "You like him noona?" He asked out of the blue, looking at Jimin.

"No," she blatantly denied, averting her gaze quickly from him. First Jungkook, now YugYeom.

Wow. Does having a coconut head grant them the power of reading minds? Or was she that obvious? Lisa thought; she would rather believe the first reason though.

"Stop spouting nonsense, Kim YugYeom, or do you want me to hit you again? This time, I'll aim lower. If you know what I mean."

"Uh huh," he let out a hoot, not the least bit scared at her threat. "You have been ignoring me minutes ago because you were too busy staring at him. Like you were eye-raping him or something."

Lisa's fired him a scandalous look, swatting his arm away. "I'm telling JaeBum-sunbae about your foul mouth." She walked away to reprieve herself from all his queries.

"Wanna grab a bite after this, Liz?" JinYoung said when she sat down beside him with YugYeom tailing her back doing the same.

She nodded in agreement, gulping down her water. "Sure sunbae. I'll give manager unnie a heads up first."

"That's rude." Their conversation was interrupted by Seulgi. "Making plans without inviting us." Seulgi was very sweet, contrary to Lisa's first impression of her. She thought that she would be as sassy as Jennie because of her resting bitch face, but no. The girl is too cuddly and fluffy, almost like a teddy bear.

"Hey, why don't all of us go," YugYeom chirped in. "Everyone in the street dance team should come. It's a good start to know each other and bond since we're going to perform as one."

"Wow. That was the most sensible thing you've said for the whole 19 years of your life, Brownie," JinYoung commented, patting him on the back.

•••

Poop hands. That's what her unnies call her. Lisa must have done something terrible in her past life to deserve being tortured in the present. The universe was surely conspiring against her, putting her in such torment: where Park Jimin was sitting in front of her, grilling meat and Jeon Jungkook at her left side, slurping a bowl of naengmyeon.

After the rehearsals, YugYeom purposely invited Jimin to eat dinner with them. Lisa suspected as much that it was his way of getting revenge for causing him "physical and mental stress". His words. With a stroke if misfortune, Jungkook coincidenyally arrived with a BigHit manager to fetch his hyung. In summation, they all ended up at the samgyeopsal restaurant in Hongdae where GOT7 members usually eat.

Lisa scooted more to her right, leaving a good amount of space between her and the jerk. But that did not stop him. From accidentally brushing their arms together. Accidentally spilling his drink all over her. Accidentally leaning over her because he 'can't reach a piece of pork'.

Dealing with Jeon Jungkook is more complicated than Algebra. At least there are different solutions in solving for x, whereas with him, it seemed that murder would be the only option. She fought the urge to stab him with her chopsticks as he deliberately knocked down her bottle of juice on the floor.

"Sorry, noona. I'm being such a huge klutz today," he apologized, smiling like an innocent child who could do nothing wrong.

More like a huge dick. She gave him a cold glare.

Her expression quickly changed from murderous to mellow, when the man across her spoke. "You did well today, Lisa-ssi. The instructors were impressed at how fast you mastered all the steps." She instantly blushed at his compliment and flashed him an embarrassed smile.

"Of course she would," YugYeom mumbled through his stuffed mouth. "BamBam won't call her dance machine for nothing."

"Manners, Gyeom." JinYoung scolded his dongsaeng and wiped the sauce dripping on his chin harshly with a table napkin. The boys wolf whistled and the girls laughed at the adorable mother hen and his giant for a son.

"I bet there are a lot of guys interested with Lisa," Seulgi said all of a sudden. She was sitting next to Jimin and Ten, who has never spoken a word since they arrived. Lisa choked on her soup, wheezing as she tried to catch some air. "Aw, she's embarrassed. You're too cute Lisa." The older girl cooed and reached forward to pinch her already red cheeks.

"Absolutely not! She's still a kid!" YugYeom protested loudly. "He will go through hell first, before laying a finger on my noona."

They all looked at him in disbelief. "What are you? Her Father?" JinYoung whacked him rightaway. "She doesn't need your approval on anything."

"So...do you have anyone in mind?" Seulgi persisted. The interest around the table increased; everyone waiting for her reply. She can feel the curious looks directed towards her, especially Jungkook's intense ones, boring right through.

"I have a relationship with dramas," she deadpanned, making the rest laugh.

"Sorry for prying, Lisa" Seulgi chuckled. "Because there's someone I know who is very interested in you."

•••

❝I wish I could explain your eyes,
and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies
how your smile makes my heart skip a beat
and how everytime I'm with you I feel so complete❞

•••

Author's Note:
happy weekend everyone..
this one's full of convos
i cringe whenever i write convos
uck..i'll try improving on it more
hopefully..enjoy the weekend :)

fickle..i tweaked the story a bit
..like again..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 100 23
the decision he made, he feared that it was an act of selfishness and not self love
71.6K 2.5K 47
Trying to move on when you're so broken and ripped to pieces was hard enough. Him, leaving something for you to remember him by forever, was even har...
255 46 14
⇝ Her heart chased after him as my eyes were only on her. Her mind was filled with thoughts about him as I was suffering just watching her. ⇜
12.7K 333 21
It's amazing how a person who was a stranger, can suddenly mean the world to you