Arrange Marriage at Sixteen

Por angeliqueroman

Angelique Roman learns on her sixteenth birthday that her deceased father arranged a marriage with a rich guy... Más

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9

Part 7

4.6K 177 20
Por angeliqueroman

By the time we reached his car, I felt tired. 

"Thank you, Leo," I say quietly as he opens the door for me of his car. 

A small smile plays on my lips as I look towards the entrance of the zoo. The fond memories I hold of the place will never be forgotten and the memories of today will also be added to those wonderful memories. 

"It's been a long time since I've come here and, frankly, my mind feels at peace right now. I don't know how or why I feel peacefulness, but thank you for bringing me here," I say as I turn to look at him. I suppress a giggle when I see that Leo's face is that of shock and......admiration. 

After a moment, he seems to recover and gives me a grin which I return with a smile. 

"You don't have to thank me, Angel. I did this because I wanted to spend time with you," he replies and motions for me to get into the car. 

Once I settle down and put my seat belt on, he closes the door and runs to the driver's side and gets in, quickly turning on the car and driving away from the zoo not before taking my hand in his. 

I feel him give my hand a squeeze which in turn makes my heart beat faster. Why? Why do I respond like this towards him when I barely know him? We barely met yesterday for goodness sake! Not even twenty four hours! 

My eyelids feel heavy as I think of this, but I stop thinking. I am too tired to keep on thinking over the matter. I feel myself drifting off to sleep as Leo drives and give his hand a squeeze which he returns. Before I close my eyes completely, I look at Leo one more time. 

He is handsome and very attractive, but can I trust him? Can I let a mere stranger who will soon turn into my husband into my heart? Can I truly depend on him? 

I try to analyze the possible answers to those questions, but I can't. My mind is not letting me dwell on such matters and instead is focused on one thing. The feeling of his hand holding mine. It is so warm and so reassuring. It makes me feel calm when I should be uncomfortable with the situation. Our hands fit perfectly together and with that in mind I let sleep take over as the movement of the car rocks me to sleep. 

I feel the rock of the car stop, but I do not wake up entirely. It feels lik I am between waking up and going to sleep and I can still feel what is happening around me. Leo tries to wake me up by shaking my shoulder and calling my name. I groan and snuggle into the car seat more and sigh. He chuckles and opens his door while swiftly removing his hand from mine making it feel cold. He  closes the door behind him and opens mine carefully. Leo puts a hand under my knees and the other around my waist, slowly but carefully getting me out of the car. 

Unconsciously, I automatically snuggle into the crook of his neck and Leo tenses before relaxing once more. I put my arms around his neck. 

"So comfy," I mumble in my state of sleep. 

Leo just chuckles and starts walking towards which I assume to be the front entrance. I could not even pay attention to my state of vulnerability and instead let him take me wherever he was taking me. He quietly orders a servant to open the doors for him and then gives a quick thanks before walking away. 

He quickly but quietly takes me towards, I'm guessing, the room he gave me and a maid quickly opens the door for us. She is asked to change my clothes by Leo as he places me gently into my bed. However, I did not feel like unwrapping my arms from around his neck as he tries to pull them off. Keyword, tries, but then chuckles and gets close to my ear.

"You're so vulnerable when you're asleep, Angel," he whispers into my ear and an involuntary shiver runs through my spine at the sound of his husky voice.

I lazily open my eyes to be met with his beautiful eyes and give him a sleepy smile before shocking him and pecking him on the lips. 

He freezes for a moment and I let go of his neck and snuggling into my bed. 

"Goodnight," I whisper to him and fall asleep once again as Leo recovers and tucks me in even though the maid did not get a chance to change my clothing and strokes my hair before placing a kiss on my forehead.. 

I am walking through a forest, chasing a silver wolf as we pass through trees before suddenly ending up in my room at home. i hear someone trying to break in and quickly hide in closet after locking the door of my room, scared to death of what might happen. Suddenly, my door is flung open and in comes a figure I know all too well. He searches my room for something making my room a mess and I stay quiet in the closet, praying that he does not find me there. But I spoke too soon. Out of nowhere the doors of the closet are opened.

"N-Nat?" I whisper, scared to know what he wants. 

He just giver me a cynical smile before grabbing my arm and dragging me towards my bed. He flings me onto it and I scoot towards the head board as he approaches me like a predator who is hunting it's next meal.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want?" I whisper one more time. He grins maliciously.

"You know what I want, Maria," he answers coolly, calling me my middle name.

In one swift movement he grabs both of my arms and puts them on top of my head. I let out a little scream before he tells me to shut up as he puts pressure on my wrists.. By now, I am crying and screaming at him to let me go, but he doesnt. He trails his nose on my collar bone making me shiver in disgust. 

"It's about time you became mine," he whispers and my eyes widen when realization hits me. 

I start thrashing and screaming more, trying to throw him off me. 

"Angel! Angel wake up!" I hear a voice shout. 

I struggle to get him away from me. 

"Come on Angel! It's just a nightmare," they shout, restraining me.

I fight harder, but I can't get free from him.  

I bolt awake and notice someone restraining my arms. I look up in fear and look into familiar blue eyes, Leo's eyes. They show so much concern.  I push myself away from him and press my body to the headboard of the bed. The fear from the nightmare still present and running through my veins. 

I watch through my tears as Leo slowly scoots away from me giving me the space I need. After a couple minutes of silence with tears streaming down my face and breathing heavily and him only looking at me with concern, Leo is the one to break it. 

"Are you okay?" he asks quietly. 

I take a deep breath to calm my self and nod slowly. However, Leo's face of concern does not leave. 

"Are you sure?" he asks. 

I nod quickly and brush away the tears from my cheeks with the palm of my hand. I look down on my lap. I can't face him after he saw me wake up from a nightmare. I feel Leo move on the bed and stiffen when I realize he is getting closer to me. I don't stop him when he hesitantly reaches for the hand on my lap and gives it a little squeeze. Instantly, I feel my body relax at his touch.

It confused me how my body would react that way when my mind screamed danger. I didn't dwell on it, however, because images of my nightmare were being replayed in my head. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks softly but I quickly shake my head and without thinking I give his hand a squeeze. 

"Okay. We won't talk about it," he reassures me. 

By now, my tears have stopped and my breathing has calmed significantly. Leo draws little circles in my hand in an attempt to keep me calm and it works. I really don't know what his intentions are, but right now I don't care.

I need to be able to support myself on someone and it looks like Leo is my only choice. I love my friends to death, but I do not want to tell them the truth behind my sudden depression. 

I sigh and just stare at my lap, not wanting to say anything. The silence was not awkward nor comfortable, but tense. I could tell Leo wanted to have me close and comfort me, but I did not want that type of contact. 

The nightmare always made me fear the touch of any man in close proximity, except my father. Who wouldn't after what happened or could have happened.

"Do you want a glass of water?" Leo breaks the tense atmosphere. 

I look at him from under my eyelashes and nod my head slowly. He gives my hand one more squeeze before carefully standing up from his position and heading out of my room. 

When he's gone, I pull the covers over me and bury myself into my pillows. 

I did not want to remember what had happened that day, but I couldn't forget. How could I? The man that I thought I knew very well turned against me and almost took advantage of me. That's why I didn't want to get close to anyone, especially a guy.

I'm scared of getting hurt way n like that. I don't want it. The problem is who could I truly trust? So much is going on and it's barely been at least two days since I met Leo!

I don't know what to do anymore! I close my eyes tightly and try to forget everything, but I can't. I want to scream and cry like a child, however, it won't change the circumstances.

The door being opened breaks me away from my thoughts. I look up and see Leo coming in with a glass of water.

He quietly closes the door behind him before walking towards me and handing me the glass of water as I sit up in bed.

After drinking it, I hand it to him who in turn puts it on my nightstand.

“Thanks," I whisper.

“It's nothing. Do you want to go to sleep now?" he asks.

I nod my head and he starts walking towards the door, but I quickly stop him by grabbing his hand. I didn't want to sleep by myself knowing that if HE is back then something could happen. Of course the nightmare was still preset in my mind.

I really didn't care at that point what would happen if I trusted Leo. 

“Please don't leave me," I whisper.

I knew the nightmares would never leave me if someone wasn't with me. Leo looks at me and nods. I scoot over and he gets under the covers, leaving a good amount of space between us.

We stare at each other for who knows how long. His eyes seemed to be piercing right through my soul, as if knowing fully well what caused me to have such a nightmare. It was probably because of sleep, but I felt like I was doing the right thing by giving him my trust even though my mind told me it was not.

The nightmare and the aftermath had tired me out to the point that my whole body ached with pain at the slightest movement. I sigh in contentment as my eyelids start to grow heavy.

The last thing I see before going into a dreamless sleep was Leo's eyes staring right at me, a small smile on his face.

Hey guys!!! :D I'm sorry for not updating until now, but last week was final's week and I needed to do my tests so I haven't really had time to finish my update that quickly. I hope you guys enjoyed and I am also hoping, since I have only two classes right now (high school classes), to update ASAP, probably next week. Thanks for reading!!!!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

969K 14.8K 25
When 18 year old Arianee hears she is in an arranged marriage she doesn't think it will be to a Vampire! Rain, the man she is supposed to marry, cer...
298K 4.8K 42
What happens when Katie finds out she has an arranged marriage to a Son? Who will that Son be? And will she ever be able to take the MC life? *******...
1.6M 29.4K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...