Falling For The Opposite of M...

Bởi emmyteal

She closed her eyes as the wind blew against her ever so beautifully. It swept her hair off her shoulders as... Xem Thêm

Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
39
Epilogue: 40
Announcement
Announcement 2

27

1.8K 49 5
Bởi emmyteal

Namjoon POV

I coughed out more blood again. The metallic tang remaining tasted in my mouth. The chain bounding my wrists shook as I knelt lower from the kick, my stomach reeling from the pain.

"Tch. More blood on my favourite Ryan shirt aish you wussies." I murmured under my thin breath.

The leader of the torture unit then came in to sneer down at me. "How low you've dropped, Namjoon."

Pft. Yook Sungjae. You always were jealous of my high position, filled with envy.

I sneered back at him, crazed madness within my eyes as I stared back intensely at him.

"I wonder how the fuck did you manage to become an angel? So full of envy. Oh I forgot, angels aren't perfect and are just created like that. Plus, when did you ever do anything right? You got your first prisoner killed, second committed suicide and third managed to kill two guards before dying. Wow, amazing man." I shot back with calmed craze, moving as close as I could to the crouching figure before me.

Sungjae gave a look of amazement and shock. "You really are audacious aren't you, Kim Namjoon?"

"Nah, I'm crazy but at least my conscience is clear." I replied with sickly sweetness. Sungjae had this look of fury and his face went red.

"You little-" The door slammed open, revealing the figure that I only knew too well who it could be, leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed, one foot against the wall in his apparent cool fashion. How was he allowed in though?

"Yah! Who the fuck are you?" Sungjae snarled at him. His hand shot out and passed Sungjae a card which I think said that he was allowed to visit me for a while.

"Well, um ok. But how can I be sure that it's not a counterfeit?" Sungjae scrutinised his eyes on him who just coughed and sighed.

"Look, would a guy like me really fake this to talk to one of the guys I hate the most? Just get out before my tolerance level becomes dangerously low."

Hurriedly gesturing to the guards, Sungjae scurried out and gave threw a look of disgust towards him.

I raised my head higher to meet Jungkook obsidian cold eyes, an unpleasant smile plastered on his cold face.

I faked a sincere smile at him.

"How heartwarming to know you came all the way up to meet your older brother. Ain't it?" I challenged him. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, swiftly materialising a chair made of black smoke with a flick of his fingers and sat down, leaning back into the back of the seat and spreading his legs open comfortably as he adjusted his black ripped shirt.

"Ew. But I have actually come to ask the angels to help me with something."

I tilted my head at him.

"You."

"So I'm the problem now? Great way to talk to your hyung." He glared at me intensely after I finished my sentence.

"I repeat this. We are and never were brothers in any way."

I coughed purposely. "Lies. Such pretty lies flow out of your mouth, don't they, baby brother?" I spat out, my cracked lips hurting even more but it was worth it. I had to make Jungkookie uncertain enough to stop whatever he was doing with the other angels. I had to shake his heart and mind.

He leaned back again, lightly sniffling. My ears caught the sound and I asked again, "Still suffering from your rhinitis?" He froze, then slowly nodded, wary of my intentions.

"Don't act like you care about after you put me in that shithole called Hell all those years ago. What is Lucifer's plan? Answer me!"

I tch-ed and looked at Jungkook straight into the deep dark abyss of his eyes.

"But even so, you enjoyed living up to the darkness in your heart, didn't you?"

He gulped.

"The feeling of crushing others weaker than you."

He started sweating profusely.

"The feeling of, being superior to weaklings."

I smirked. His heart was wavering as I spoke, the look on his face was all I needed to justify it.

"The feeling of being a perfectly demonic son."

Jungkook nervously rubbed the nape of his neck as a proud smirk spread across my lips.

He does enjoy the thrill of doing what demons do.

Killing.

Saeyeon POV

I sat at a table in the nearby cafeteria as I waited patiently for oppa but worriedly for Jungkook.

I thanked oppa when he passed me my favourite drink, Bubble Milk Tea 70% sugar from the heavenly bubble tea shop where the bubble tea really tasted like the best in the world. Better than the humans version that is.

"So, how's life with him now? He really loves you right?" he asked curiously as he sipped on a warm cup of vanilla choco latte.

I blushed slightly at the question and giggled.

"It's not bad and we do find each other suitable for each of us. I have put demons in a new light thanks to him and realised how judgmental I was being so in many ways, he's brought me happiness and love and shown me how caring and shy he actually is. Jeon Jungkook is a half demon half human, did you know that oppa?" I tilted my head girlishly with my cheeks puffed up lightly due to the yummy pearls in my mouth. Seokjin oppa sighed.

"Aww that's nice to hear that you two are going well together. How are the others? Taehyung, Suga and Jimin? Does Taehyung try to do anything with you since he got rejected?"

I frowned.

"Don't avoid it oppa. Answer me."

Seokjin oppa faked another smile at me as he rubbed my hands.

"Does Jungkook treat you well enough?" I couldn't stand it.

Just what was he hiding from me?!

I scrunched my brows and nose as I slipped my hands out of his grasp.

"Oppa, 말해! (Tell me!)" I fumed as I put down my bubble tea.

Seokjin oppa looked down guiltily as his arms slid down.

"Saeyeonie-ah, don't be too shocked."

I nodded. What is it?

"Jungkook is half angel half demon. His mom was actually a prominent and strong angel before Lucifer captured her and forced her into labour, giving birth to the first angel-demon child, Jeon Jungkook." He paused, waiting for my reaction. I slowly processed it but I couldn't help wondering why didn't Jungkook tell me at first? Why didn't he tell me about his family?

Just then, Jungkook came out, his hair ragged and face paler than usual. I ran up to him and hugged him, my face buried in his chest to express my worry.

"Kookie-ah, you ok?" I worriedly asked him. I didn't feel his usual warm and cheerful demeanour, his body colder and his arms not hugging me back like he usually did.

"What's wrong? You definitely are not ok. Tell me honestly. Please Kookie~" I tried my terrible aegyo on him as I lifted my head up to see him. Reaching up my left hand to caress his face, I looked him straight in the eye, my worry and concern turning into anger at him not coming clean with me.

However, he grabbed my wrist midway, his mouth telling me that he was sorry about something.

I heard Seokjin oppa get up as his chair screeched on the ground.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, this isn't funny. Tell me what's wrong. Let me and Seokjin oppa help you." I joked with a fake laugh to cover my impatience.

Jungkook's arms fell, hanging by the sides and letting go of my wrist as he looked back at me.

"Help? From angels like Seokjin? Sorry I only trust you. You're the only one who can and can't help."

A puzzled look came across my face as I gave him my weird stare.

"What are you saying Kookie? Of course I'll help you. That's cos I love you. Don't you too?"

No reply came from his mouth. Just a soft sorry as he closed his eyes, light tears streaming down his cheek as his hands slipped out of mine.

And before I knew it, the very man I loved, held on so dearly to, depended on, trusted with my life,

Disappeared with a poof of black smoke. Right before my eyes as I stood there, completely dumbfounded.

"What? Wait Kookie. Comeback, this ain't a joke." My voice dry and shaky as I reached out to the quickly dissolving smoke, only to touch nothing but air. He was gone.

I felt it. The feeling when you feel at fault for making your lover leave without saying anything back. Thoughts on what I could have done wrong slipped in and out of my mind.

Did I care too much?

Was I being a burden to our supposed love?

Was I too nosy?

Did he actually love me?

No, just why did I pester him so much when it was already so hard for him?

"I'm such an insensitive bitch. Why couldn't I see that he was already in pain? Why couldn't I accept that it was too difficult for him to say? Just why did I do this to us?" I croaked out of my dry throat as I kneeled to the ground, the harsh reality of us hitting me like a truck. I blamed myself. Just why did I press him for more when he had given enough already?

Seokjin oppa hugged me as he tried to soothe me. But it just didn't work. My heart breaking as I tasted the dry taste of the little saliva in my mouth.

"Saeyeon-ah, it's not your fault. Stop doing this to yourself. Jungkook is a grown man who made that decision and I'm sure he did that for the best of you two." he comforted as he slowly rubbed my shoulders, a sincere tone in his voice.

But, there isn't a medicine for a heartache.

There never is.

I cried into oppa's shirt, wetting it with my tears as I pulled him closer, wailing at Jungkook gone.

"Ahhhh hhuhuhuhu... Oppa, why am I such a bitch? I don't deserve such a great guy like him. Why did I do that to him? Now it's my fault he's like this." I sobbed harder. Oppa didn't say anything as he just patted my head, staring at the spot where Jungkook stood.

There was a final thought in my head before I completely fell into oppa's arms, tears still staining my face.

Jungkook left because I fucked up. Because I was so busy caring about the truth than him.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.5K 426 23
I woke up jerking, my hands clutching the blanket. The same dream all over again! it's been a month since I last dreamt about it. The girl. Kerria H...
12.7K 918 13
"Love at first sight doesn't exist" she exclaimed with a faint smile, nevertheless her being an hopeless romantic and having this kinda opinion about...
6.6K 619 5
Her mouth fell open as her phone slipped from her hand, hitting the ground with a loud thud. He was now clear to her as he was close enough to her, h...
85.1K 7K 18
Falling from Heaven hurt a lot. Being dragged into Hell by devils also hurt, however nothing hurts as much as having your freedom taken away by none...