Eleanor's Demise ✔️

Por veronicasoli

Can be read as a stand-alone book. After faking her suicide, murdering her father-in-law, and running off to... Más

Part 1- Prologue and Recap
Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: Shadows of The Past
Chapter 3: Uptight
Chapter 4: The Crime of Loving Adam
Chapter 5: Obsessed
Chapter 6: Half of a Truth
Chapter 8: Punishment
Chapter 9: Finding Demeanor
Chapter 10: Signs
Chapter 11: Wishes and Nightmares
Chapter 12: Dishonesty
Chapter 13: Feel the Hurt
Chapter 14: The Ring
Chapter 15: Night
Chapter 16: Weird
Chapter 17: I'm a Baker Not a Shrink
Chapter 18: I Believed Her
Chapter 19: Eleanor Undead
Chapter 20: Strut Like You Own the Stage
Chapter 21: Talking Dead
April Fools! Chapter 22 or Something
Chapter 22: The Hole in My Heart
Chapter 23: Unafraid and Thriving
Chapter 24: Madness
Chapter 25: Hot in Here
Chapter 26: Insanely in Love
Chapter 27: Where Were You
Chapter 28: A Master Manipulator
Chapter 29: The Look of Betrayal
Chapter 30: Official
Explicit
Chapter 31: Revelation
Chapter 32: You at Your Finest
Chapter 34: All Good and Pure
Chapter 35: Touch Me Again
Chapter 36: Have your Way
Chapter 37: Play with Fire
Explicit 2
Chapter 38: Who is this
Chapter 39: I am Fire
Explicit 3
Chapter 40: Melt
Chapter 41: Warmth
Chapter 42: Dangerously
Chapter 43: Perfectly Wrong
Chapter 44: Beg for Mercy
Chapter 45: Unmatched
Chapter 46: Adam's Demise
Good Morning, Red Bird (Epilogue)
Authors Note: the end and thank you

Chapter 7: Mansions and Hotels

4.6K 252 6
Por veronicasoli

Adam paced across the room, waiting for Zac to enter. He had become engrossed in this investigation ever since he realized the handwriting matched with that of Eleanor's and fresh finger prints had been on the box. His hope was restored and the search had begun.

He had announced on National Television that he was searching for a hazel-haired girl with the eyes of Eleanor. He couldn't recall who she was until he realized that it might have been the girl who he'd spoken to a night before his birthday.

"Adam, you look absolutely exhausted! When was the last time you slept?!" Adam's fiance trudged into the room as he continued to pace. He couldn't dare tell her why he was stressed unless he wanted to ruin the engagement of course.

"I'm fine, how are you Magdelene?" He asked as she stopped in front of him. Her fingers snaked around his arm as she demanded his attention.

"What's the matter? You never call me Magdelene."

"Nothing Mags, I'm fine, I should get some rest now," Adam said, hoping she would take the hint and leave.

"I thought we were having movie night?" Magdelene said, confusion enveloping her.

"Not tonight Maggie, I'm too tired." Adam easily lied.

"Mr. Carnegie, I have news." Zac barged in, his folder flying on the floor and the pages flying out. Adam's office felt tight now, he wanted to break a window and throw Magdelene out of it. She raised her eyebrows, her curiosity obviously peeked.

"Maggie, do you mind?" Adam asked as she gave him a look. She rolled her eyes, now staring at him, demanding an answer. "We'll talk later Mags." Adam pleaded as she huffed, turned on her heel, and left the room.

"You're keeping this from your fiancé? What if Eleanor is actually alive?" Zac blurted out, his gaze meeting Adam's.

"What if she's dead?" Adam spat. "I don't pay you to butt into my private life." Adam scolded, his face hardening.

"Yes, sir. Thought we'd become friends now." Zac said as Adam's mouth hung open. He didn't have time for friends.

"Just because you know my biggest secret does not make us friends Zac." Adam scoffed, a smile forming.

"Well actually, it kind of does. My girlfriend actually wanted me to invite you and Magdelene to dinner actually. Mr. Carnegie." Zac spoke with such false confidence that you would've believed that Adam worked for him.

"We'll see. Enough of this," Adam gestured with his hands flailing and pointing at Zac, "what news have you found?"

"There's this guy, his name is Josiah I think. He called the cops reporting a missing brown haired blue eyed wonder named Bree. Just thought you might want to know. Would you like me to investigate him privately or send him in?"

Adam contemplated for a second, walking over to his desk and taking a seat on the black leather chair.

"I don't know." Adam finally decided. "Investigate him privately first, become his friend even, we'll see where it goes from there. Get him to trust you, let me in on the details."

"Yes, sir." And with that, Zac turned and left the room, a newfound determination filling his senses.

~🌿~

"Where are you from sweetheart?" Adam's mother asked Eleanor, the master of disguise. She'd worn a red-haired wig, her eyes a highly pigmented green, freckles were drawn on her face, and she wore thick black eyeliner that was smothered across her whole face now, making her look like she had been punched in both eyes.

"England. My boyfriend and I came here on a Christmas vacation, our car broke down, and our flight got delayed. He left me once I told him I loved him." She lied easily, feigning hurt as Mrs. Carnegie's face turned into a mesh of emotions.

"Darling, you've been through a lot, you must be freezing." Adam's mother said, taking off her warm gloves and handing them to Eleanor. "If you need a place to stay tonight, I'd be more than happy to offer."

"No, that'll be fine, I have a couple hundred," Eleanor said.

"Are you sure, we can get you a warm place to stay tonight, a comfortable bed, and clothes to change into tomorrow morning. If you like, you could save that money for a trip home later."

Eleanor shook her head, "I'll be fine." She said, shaking rapidly now, the cold sinking into her skin and over powering any warmth she had left.

"No, dear, I insist." Mrs. Carnegie said, crossing her cold arms over her chest as she reached for Eleanor's arm, "let's head inside, frankly we're the only two people out here and you must be freezing." She said.

Eleanor didn't want to comply, but in the cold weather, she couldn't refuse. The nearest hotel was the one Josiah was staying at and she didn't want him recognizing her, even with this new mask on. It might be more difficult, but he had caught onto her habits pretty quickly. One word from her mouth and that'll be all it took- especially with her bad impression of a British accent.

Her voice was fresh on his mind, as well as easily recognizable. She needed to hide that. She'd fake an English accent once her brain could work again, once she could actually process what was going on.

The cold breeze flew past her, her entire body hurt to move as she followed Mrs. Carnegie into a nearby restaurant.

"Why are you helping me?" Eleanor shuddered, the smoke still leaving her lips as the door opened and she defrosted. She rushed inside, now her body felt like it was being stabbed with a million needles as the heat began piercing the cold away.

"Believe it or not, but you remind me of somebody that I used to know. I never caught your name dear." She said, changing the subject as they took a seat.

"Hello, welcome to Lucky Spoon, may I take your order?" The waitress saved Eleanor a few minutes to come up with a name. Emily perhaps, Bella, Amelia?

"Take your pick darling, it's on me."

"I couldn't..." Eleanor said politely, "you've been too kind." Eleanor forced her r's to disappear as a light accent took over.

"No, please, don't make me beg." Mrs. Carnegie smiled warmly. Eleanor returned the smile and shook her head laughing.

"Thank you." She replied then turned her attention, "Could I have something warm, tea or soup perhaps?" She spoke with such elegance that she believed she could easily pass as a Brit.

"Why not both?" Mrs. Carnegie pushed, "We'll take two cups of chamomile or Jasmine tea if you have that. And a chicken noodle soup for her, you're not a vegetarian are you sweetie?" Eleanor shook her head as the waitress quickly scribbled on her notepad and walked away.

It was deliciously warm inside, a dim orange light filling the room as the darkness of the outside world hovered through the shadows. It was a comforting warm cafe with booths colored red for further comfort.

"Thank you miss... "Eleanor began, trying her best not to say Carnegie, she needed to pretend, to act like she had no idea that the woman sitting across from her was her mother-in-law.

"Mrs. Carnegie." She replied, a prideful grin on her face. Eleanor feigned surprise as she stared at her with her mouth agape.

"Like, Adam Carnegie's mother?! How amazing! I've had such a huge crush on him since he'd married Eleanor!" Eleanor blurted out, faking her admiration.

"Thank you darling. And yes, that would be my son. A rascal that boy, but he's oh so sweet. If Eleanor was still alive, she wouldn't have known how much she hurt him. He puts on such a cover, but I can still see he's hurting. Even with a gorgeous girl like Magdalene. He can't love her like he loved Eleanor- that's kind of obvious. Anyway, you probably heard all this on the news so this is nothing new..."

"I'm Elena." Eleanor blurted, she never agreed with herself on that name, she had chosen Claire in her head but her mouth had other plans.

"Well, its nice to meet you darling. My escort will be in front of these doors in thirty minutes, so we will need to eat quickly."

"May I ask where we're spending the night?"

"At my son's house. He has a whole conspiracy he wants to share with me about how his dead wife is actually alive. Silly boy doesn't want to let her go and move on. He doesn't see the good that Magdelene is... I'm sorry. Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut." She smiled.

"Heh, I get what you mean." Eleanor replied, a bored look on her face while her brain began to go crazy. She was about to enter the den of lions disguised as a lamb.

She was about to go back home and now she knew she'd better be the best damn actress on the planet if she was going to pull this night off.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7 Lives Apart Por Rose

Misterio / Suspenso

312 40 11
"At that time, I didn't know that fate would drag us 7 Lives Apart!" *** Rose will go to any lengths just to lure in...
365K 9.2K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
137K 1.9K 11
[NOW PUBLISHED BY LIMITLESS PUBLISHING] A deadly game is being played. The question is . . . who will survive? *** As she waits to give her statement...
399 52 31
# Book trailer inside🍁 Mark is a simple private detective. "Find me Mark" that's when it's all started. He thought it was an usual thread... Until A...