Forgiven // Drarry

callmedaddy_42 tarafından

"How am I supposed to be a better person, when all my life I've buried the last bit of good in me?" Harry's l... Daha Fazla

Trouble
Consequences
Night Air
Fireplace Talk
Potions
Study
Friend
Ridden and Weighed
Living
Joining In
The DA
Hagrid's Hut and Lakeside Talk
Safety First
Holidays
Don't Be a Drag
Aftermath
Hogsmeade
Big Trouble
The Daily Prophet
Vision
Prophecy
Deception
Summer
Hope
Dread
Tick Tock

Dozing Off

12.5K 536 839
callmedaddy_42 tarafından

Harry sat in the soft grass beneath a twisty, tall tree.  He leaned against the trunk, with his eyes closed and glasses crooked. There was several books surrounding him, and a book in his lap.

The sun was up and shining and it was a beautiful day. But Harry was exhausted, and all day he'd been struggling to stay awake in his classes.

All the free time he'd had he'd been researching the spell he'd used in the library. But he'd had no luck at all whatsoever. Maybe once he got rest he'd be able to find at least something?

But Harry, at the moment couldn't think. His mind was a cluttered mess that was impossible to sort out.

As he rest there, waiting for Malfoy, he was suddenly in a tiny, dark room. There was a blinding pain from where his scar was and he struggled to hold a gasp from the sudden sting.

  In the room was a door that emitted light from the bottom crack. His palms were sweaty and his heart was racing. He heard voices coming from the other side.

"If after this session, he doesn't spill. He's yours, Naigini" The voice sounded like a hiss.

"My Lord, are you sure you want to give him up like that? He could be valuable!"  A different hissing voice cut in.

"There's no use to him if he can't give us the information we need. We've lingered too long on this man. We have other, more important areas to cover. We can find this information elsewhere if he doesn't budge."

"Alright, my lord. Just be sure you know what you're doing."

Harry heard a loud bang.

"Do you doubt me? Do you think that I'm making a mistake? Do you not trust what I'm doing?"

"N-no no, my lord. Not at all! I trust every decision you make!"

"Very well. Come Naigini. You, sir, prepare the table, for Naigini will be feasting tonight. Whether he gives us the information or not."

Harry heard footsteps and backed away from the door with a whimper.

The door handle clicked to unlock several times before entered a hooded man and a python slithering beside him. The man's cloak swished behind him and Harry could see his eyes from under his hood. Red slits. Cold and emotionless.

"Crucio"

Harry writhed in pain.

"Potter."

"Potter."

"Potter wake up you buffoon!"

Harry opened his eyes to see an angry and impatient Malfoy staring down at him. He was covered in cold sweat and he felt nauseous and shaky.

"S-sorry - dozed off." Harry straighted his glasses.

"You looked like you were having a bloody seizure, Potter. And you look like you're going to be sick."

"Oh, do I? It's nothing just tired."

Malfoy rolled his eyes and muttered something inaudible under his breath. He then looked at Harry with a cold glare.

"Pull yourself together, Potter. We need to figure this out before my father finds out what's happened."

"What do you think I've been doing all day?"

"Dozing Off " Malfoy replied coldly.

"I don't see how you can be so awake right now! You got the same amount of sleep as I did!"

"I drank this wonderful potion, that ensures I have energy."

"Oh?"

"Its called coffee, you should try it sometime."

"Oh." Harry grumbled.

"Now enough pointless yapping. Let me see the book I told you to bring."

Harry handed Malfoy the book that had been resting in his lap. Malfoy scanned through the pages until he found the curse that he'd fallen victim to.

"What the hell is this book even doing at Hogwarts?!" Malfoy exclaimed with frustration.

"How do you even know about this book Malfoy? This is extremely dark magic. I'm certain its illegal to have, considering."

" That, Potter is none of your business. Take your nose out of it or you'll end up not having one at all."

"Is that what happened to Voldemort?" Harry smirked.

"Now is not the time to be making jokes!" Malfoy scorned, but he was obviously attemting to suppress a smile.

"How long do we have to figure this out?" Harry asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Malfoy asked, back to scanning the old, frail pages of the book.

"Well didn't you say that whomever is victimized by this curse has the date of their death implanted in their mind? Well how long until- you know."

"Oh." Malfoy looked up from the book. "The date in my mind is July 31st, 1996. The day I supposedly die."

Harry froze, and stared at Malfoy.

"No. You're kidding."

"What, potter? You gonna miss me?" Malfoy said with sadness and anger colouring his voice

"July 31st is my birthday."

"Oh. Well Happy birthday to you, guess your wish will come true."

"What?"

"You hate me Potter, it's not hard to figure out. How could you not? I know you'll be happy once I'm finally out of your hair."

"First of all- we're going to figure out how to reverse the curse. You're not going to die that day, Malfoy. You're going to live a full life alright, and everythings gonna be okay because were going to figure it all out. Second of all- Malfoy, I've said this. If you do end up getting the unfortunate side of the curse, I would never be happy about the outcome. Ever. I told you this. I know youve been an arse to me for the past five years, but believe it or not I don't hate you. Voldemort? I hate. Umbridge? I hate. You? You don't even come close."

Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"Don't pretend, Potter! You're just saying you don't hate me because I'm a dead man walking! I know it because everyone hates me! I know! What makes you different from everyone else besides that fancy scar carved into your head, golden boy!" Malfoy's pale cheeks had turned red.

"Do you hate me?" Harry asked calmly.

"What?"

"Malfoy, do you or do you not hate me?"

Malfoy stared at him for a moment with hesitation.

"I- I" Malfoy looked at Harry's emerald eyes and sighed. He closed the book.

"No." Malfoy replied quietly.

"Then what makes you think I hate you?" Harry asked him,

"Well i haven't exactly been the kindest to you! You? Well you don't really bother me unless I instigate you. But I - Im not a nice person, Potter, according to everyone. Nobody wants me around!"

"Malfoy. I don't hate you." Harry looked right into Malfoy's silver eyes as he said it.

For a moment, Harry could see the vulnerability in Malfoy's eyes. He could see pain. Anger. Sadness. Wonder? But only for a moment before they went back to cold.

Malfoy didn't say anything in response. He just opened the book again with hesitation and continued to scan through the pages.

Malfoy muttered under his breath as he read the text.

"I'm sorry." His voice quivered but his expression stayed the same. He didn't think Harry had heard him. He didn't intend for Harry to hear him. But Harry did.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

65.2K 2K 22
After the war Hermione manages to convince Harry to go back to Hogwarts for his eighth year. Expecting an uneventful year of classes and rooming with...
9.7K 368 11
He never wanted to be the Boy Who Lived, just like Draco Malfoy never wanted to be a Death Eater. They return to Hogwarts for their 8th year and beco...
36.1K 1.6K 18
Harry Potter is utterly broken. Every death pushes down on his shoulders so hard he can barely breath. Still, people worship him, he never gets into...
101K 3.6K 19
The beginning of sixth year and Draco Malfoy is a death eater. Harry begins to suspect something is up. Read as Harry quickly becomes obsessed with f...