A Promise (Love Anthology Pt...

By Recrivain

It's the first part of Love Anthology. Sehun and Yoona are classmates and childhood friends. They are proud o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 2

181 9 20
By Recrivain

"Okay, let's put our precious items together." Chanyeol tells his friends. "Are you ready?"

It's the last day of their school. They're no longer high school students now. Tomorrow will be a completely different day.

"Okay." Sehun, Yoona, and Irene nod. Each of them carries a small bag containing their own precious items that no one can see.

"Let's put them together."

After they lock their time capsule, Sehun puts the metal capsule into a hole he and Chanyeol have dug earlier. The two teenage boys cover the capsule with dirts and make sure no one will notice something is buried under the ground.

"Until ten years from now." Yoona says while glancing at her friends.

"Until ten years from now." Sehun and Irene smile.

"Let's have some drink to celebrate our adulthood!!!" Chanyeol excitedly shouts.

Yoona stares at Chanyeol. "Just because we've graduated from high school doesn't mean we automatically become an adult." She cringes.

"But we're not kids anymore. That's for sure!"

"I'm not sure we're allowed to drink yet." Says Irene. "We're not nineteen yet, we must wait one more year."

"Ah, nonsense! I won't wait until next year to have drink with my best friends. Who knows where we're gonna be then?"

"I agree with Chanyeol! Let's have a drink and celebrate our new life." Yoona raises her hand to show her excitement. She has never drunk alcohol before. It's gonna be her first time.

Sehun and Irene glance at each other and contain their laughter.

.......................................................................

"For our health!"

The four teenagers make a toast for the first time that night. They sit at a local bar whose owner knows these kids quite well.  Cheonguk is small, everybody seems to know everyone.

Even though according to Korea's law they have to wait until they're nineteen to be able to drink alcohol, the bartender makes an exception, knowing that these teenagers are just celebrating their graduation from high school. The bartender realizes that most of teenagers will leave Cheonguk after they graduate from school. Some of them will only return after five or ten years, and most of those who have left will never return again. This is probably the last time for these teenagers to sit together and have a chat. If they want to have some drink, then why not?

"Let's tell each other about our dreams and aspirations." Yoona initiates.

"That's a good idea." Chanyeol replies while sipping his soju. "Tell us about your dreams, Yoong."

Yoona takes a breath. "I want to be a famous designer. And I want to have my own fashion show someday. I want to participate in Seoul Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, Paris Fashion Week,  literally every fashion week in this world."

Chanyeol claps his hands, "and you're on the right track for that. Good for you. I will come to your fashion show, I promise."

Sehun and Irene also clap their hands. They know Yoona is accepted at a prestigious fashion school in Seoul. They have no doubts that Yoona will eventually make her dreams come true. And they are so happy for her.

"Ya Sehun, what do you want to achieve in your life?" Chanyeol turns to his best buddy.

"Me?" Sehun points at himself. His friends nod. "It's simple. I want to become a great photographer."

"We know you love taking pictures, but why do you take Business Economy as your major?" Chanyeol voices out his curiosity.

"I need to please my family first. But after I graduate from college, I will work as a photographer." Sehun shrugs his shoulders.

"Hahaha. What a clever idea. You know your parents pay your school tuition."

Sehun smirks.

"Now you my lovely Irene, what is your dream?"

Irene looks so shy when Chanyeol teases her. She clears her throat and says, "I want to become an elementary teacher. I will return to Cheonguk and teach here."

"Wow.... With a teacher as beautiful as you are, I wonder if your students can even concentrate in class or not." Chanyeol seems to be fascinated and it makes Irene's face turn red. She promptly glances at her own bottle.

"What about you? What do you want to be and what is your dream?" Yoona nudges Chanyeol's rib.

"Me? Well, I don't have special dreams like you guys, except..." Chanyeol contains his smile playfully. "I only want to become Yoona's husband...."

Yoona pinches Chanyeol's arm. But then she laughs. Irene also laughs. Sehun laughs too, but his heart feels so uneasy. Somehow, he is jealous for no reasons. He glances at Yoona who is still laughing hearing Chanyeol's answer.

"Come one, Chan..., tell us your real dream." Yoona says seriously.

"You don't believe me? Of course I want to be your husband... And also Irene's husband!" Chanyeol winks at Irene who immediately stops her laughter.

Sehun shakes his head and smiles. Chanyeol really knows how to light up the party with his cheesy jokes.

........................................................................

The night's sky is so clear. Yoona puts her hand around Sehun's waist. She chuckles to see Chanyeol tries to catch up behind them.

"Irene is drowsy. I hope Chanyeol won't make her fall off his bike." Yoona voices out her concern.

Sehun spontaneously looks over his shoulder. He slows down his bike. "Did Irene drink that much?" He asks.

"Not really. But it's the first drink for all of us. I don't think she can drink a lot." Yoona answers.

"Are you feeling drowsy too?" Sehun asks.

"I'm doing fine. Don't worry." Yoona smiles and puts her head on Sehun's back. Her simple gesture gives that young man some kind of warm feeling that quickly spreads all over his body. His heart rustles like two leaves that touch each other.

"Yoona..." He calls that girl's name so nervously. Sehun has promised himself to confess his feelings for that beautiful girl. He wants Yoona to know about his heart before they leave Cheonguk. If they're going to go to two different universities, Sehun wishes to make Yoona his girlfriend so that he won't be too uneasy if he hears Yoona is close to some male friends at her university.

"Ne?"

"I... I want to tell you something..." Sehun gulps.

Suddenly, Yoona feels really nervous. Is Sehun confessing to her? Is her wish really coming true?

"We've known each other for so long.... Too long that I've no longer remembered how many years have passed since our first meeting."

Yoona shuts her eyes tightly. She can hear the sound of the beating drum inside her chest.

"I need to tell you this before we leave for Seoul..." Sehun is so nervous that he doesn't actually see the road they're on.

"Wh-what do you want to tell me?" Yoona's fingers have become numb and cold.

Sehun takes one deep breath. "I've always..."

"SEHUN AH!!!"

Sehun promptly turns his head around. He sees Chanyeol struggling to paddle his bike.

"WAIT FOR ME!!! I THINK IRENE IS SLEEPING."

"What?" Sehun doesn't understand. He spontaneously stops.

Chanyeol catches up with his friends. "Irene is drunk and she's sleeping now."

Yoona gets off from Sehun's bike. She immediately approaches Irene who leans her head againsts Chanyeol's back and put her hands around that guy's waist. Her eyes close.

"Irene ah, are you sleeping?" Yoona shakes her shoulders, but Irene doesn't move an inch.

"I can't ride her home like this. She will fall." Chanyeol grumbles. "Her father is going to kill me."

"Can you ride your bike if I sit behind Irene?" Yoona asks.

Chanyeol sees no other options. He struggles to paddle his bike that weighs double now while Sehun rides behind him.

They arrive at Irene's house safely. Lucky for them, Irene's father doesn't scold them for drinking soju and making his eldest daughter drunk. That old man only shakes his head and gives those three teenageers a very sour look.

After Irene's father closes his door, Yoona walks towards Sehun's bike.

"Let me ride you home." Chanyeol says.

Yoona looks at Chanyeol and glances at Sehun who has already been on his bike. "Aren't you tired after giving me and Irene a ride?"

"Naaah, I'm good. I can still ride you home." Chanyeol brags. He doesn't look like someone who struggled to paddle his bike a few minutes ago.

"It's alright, Chan. I'll give Yoona a ride." Sehun says.

"No, no no. Let me." Chanyeol waves his finger. "Yoona helped me taking Irene to her house, now let me thank Yoona by riding her home."

"Buut," Sehun is reluctant. If Chanyeol gives Yoona a ride, then how will he confess to her?

"What?" Chanyeol stares at Sehun. "But what? You don't want me to give Yoona a lift? Why?"

Yoona finds the situation a bit awkward.

"No, but... Your house and Yoona's house are in different direction. It's better if I ride her home." Sehun makes up his excuse.

Chanyeol grins. "Don't tell me you're jealous that I'm giving Yoona a ride home?"

"Huk!" Yoona coughs. "What are you talking about, Chan? Don't be ridiculous."

Sehun feels his cheeks are burning.

"You always give Yoona a ride everywhere, it's my turn to do it." Chanyeol grins wider. "You can't monopolize Yoona... She's not yours. Haha."

Sehun swears in his heart. Sometimes, Chanyeol can be a pain in the arse.

"Come on, Yoong. Grab on my waist." Chanyeol winks.[]

================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 170 11
He gulped, recalling the sensation of worshiping her satiny, soft skin, the way her lips gasped every time he nibbled on her delicate flesh. His thro...
7.6K 227 34
"choi taeyang. my friends call me Theo. " "that's the boy. " you are just a normal average teen with a normal average life. a normal teen who hates...
6K 1K 36
[Completed] (book 5 in my EXO series spinoff to Time) Throughout my life, I live a regular life, but an accident make me have this inability that I...
15.5K 728 47
Saranghae Being a Kpop idol is hard as it is, but being a quiet girl going in, it's different. A new lifestyle is thrown at you, crazy friends, pack...