I Have Decided to Protect My...

By Rose_Valentine15

Kaede Sakamoto, just your average Japanese high school girl. She was hit by 'Truck-san' and died. Surprise... More

A/N
Chapter 1: I Died
Chapter 2: I Reincarnated
Chapter 4: Etiquette
Chapter 5: Music
Chapter 6: Dancing
Chapter 7: Singing
Chapter 8: Languages
Chapter 9: History
Chapter 10: Litterature
Chapter 11: Geography
Chapter 12: Fiancé
Chapter 13: Fiancé (Ren POV)
Chapter 14: The Library
Chapter 15: The Library (Ren POV)
Chapter 16: The Garden Pt. 1
Chapter 17: The Garden Pt. 2 (Ren POV)
Chapter 18: Ceremony of Magi
Chapter 19: Three Powers
Chapter 20: The Day Before
Chapter 21: Debutante Ball
Chapter 22: Engagement Ball
Chapter 23: Coronation
Chapter 24: Entrance Exam
A/N
A/N
Chapter 25: Starry Sky
Chapter 26: Preparation
Chapter 27: Master
Chapter 28: Quiet Goodbyes (Ren POV)
Chapter 29: First Classes
Chapter 30: A Twisting Plot
Chapter 31: A Twisting Plot Pt. 2 (Alexander POV)
Chapter 32: Sour Mood (Ren POV)
Chapter 33: Letters
Chapter 34: Magic
Chapter 35: Signs
Chapter 36: The Attack
Chapter 37: Regret
Chapter 38: Aftermath
Chapter 39: Change
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter 3: Dinner

30.7K 1K 649
By Rose_Valentine15

I am now officially 5 years old. Finally, my body and mind have more of less aligned. Since this is still the body of a young child, I'm not able to make the most graceful movements, but it's as best it's going to get.

I did try denying the fact that I was a villainess in a 'otome game' once more, but I was slapped into reality when there was a ball for the birth of the First Princess of Floria, meaning, me.

The story was just the way it was in the game. The villainess of the game was the First Princess of Floria, and her father and mother as the King and Queen respectively.

The heroine from common background finding her way to the Academy of Reinsdor, the top of the line institution of the art of magic and knightship. There, she meets beautiful young men that fall for her. Consumed by raging jealousy, the villainess gets in the way so she gets killed, or locked away, etc etc.

So, currently, I am about to proceed with my plan to avoid my destruction. They were quite cruel. Every single one of them. All three ending types of all three capture targets. They seemed to have hated me a lot.

In the game, I was engaged with one of them, the Second Prince of Aquamerria, Ren Hiard Aldon. Adorned with short black hair and piercing cold aquamarine eyes, he was personally my favourite. He was the 'cool' type character, adapt with water and ice magic. Even though we were engaged, there was only my one sided love between us and it was merely a political marriage between two neighbouring kingdoms to him.

In the good ending, he gets together with the heroine and declares war with our country. We lose, and the royal family was executed.

In the bad ending, the heroine doesn't get together with the prince, and I kill the heroine out of jealousy and hate. With rage, the prince kills me which leads to war between our countries.

In the friendship ending, the prince gets and heroine stay friends, but the prince disappears somewhere, leading the annulment of the engagement and the two countries go to war.

Really, all endings with him lead to war. Couldn't they find a different way to keep peace between the kingdoms? Like, anything instead of putting the fate of thousands of lives on the relationship of two mentally unstable teenagers?

Floria is originally a peace loving kingdom so our military isn't the best out of the neighbouring countries. Moreover, Aquamerria is the most military advanced in this world. What kept us from getting attacked was the magic stones that were mined in our land. Magic stones were precious resources for everyone in the world, and we were the main producer and distributor. Magic stones only grow when the land is abundant with magic, which was our country. The engagement between Ren and I only supported to stability of our kingdoms.

The second capture target was another prince, Prince Alexander Edward Bourchier III. He's from a empire a bit farther from Floria, the Cornerius Empire. Just like the symbol of their empire, he has long blond hair and the golden eyes of a lion. He was the ever so cheesy 'princely' type of character. Gifted with fire and lightning magic, he is the crown prince of the empire as well as a tactical gerenal of his own legion. Our two countries had good reputation with each other, and established great trade between the two. Floria for their magic stones and Cornerius for its weaponry and craftsmanship.

As it seemed like the writers were too lazy to come up with rival characters, I would just interfere with the heroine's love life for every single route.

In the good ending, he and and the heroine get together, and I placed under palace confinement for 3 years for the intensive bullying to the heroine. My title as Crown Princess was stripped and my cousin was to be the successor. The relationship between the two countries worsened.  That was basically what happens for the friendship ending as well.

The bad ending, however, the heroine rejects the prince (I know, there was a choice for that surprisingly) and I get killed by the prince because he was angry. I mean, seriously? That caused an uproar and the two countries go to war, and guess what? We lose, and the royal family is executed.

The third capture target was a the son of the Prime Minister from my country. His name was Lucas Mortimer. He was the cheerful character, nice and helpful, even though he was the son of a duke. He used his relatively weaker type magics of wind and sound creatively. Just as good looking as the others, he had medium length green hair, and cat like lime green eyes. The relationship of our two families seemed good on the exterior, but it was the opposite.

In the good ending, the heroine and him get together and his father performs a coup d'état with a the small number of the high nobles and the royal family is killed.

In the bad ending, the heroine is pushed down the stairs by me and enters a coma. Lucas destroys the palace in rage, using a powerful forbidden sound spell amplified with wind magic, ending the royal family's lives and his own as well.

In the friendship ending, they become friends and I am reported by the Prime Minister to my parents with a lot of exaggeration included (like trying to kill Lucas and the heroine), getting me sent to prison for the rest of my life.

So basically, in all the endings, I alone or my whole family is going to suffer.

Great.

So, my great plan is to avoid these endings.
1. Get proper education of everything I need to be a good ruler for my people. (The Liliane in the game was very irresponsible and never went through much studying getting her and her royal family humiliated)
2. Practice magic and weapon-ship. (For the sequel event)
3. Protect the engagement with the prince so our countries don't go to war.
4. Keep a good relationship with the other capture targets, as well as the heroine.
5. Find a way to satisfy the nobles and the commoners alike.
6. Find out why the Prime Minister would betray us. (And stop him.)

To make sure 1 is accomplished, I need to ask my father to start my education early. I wanted to be as prepared as possible. I mean, I was a 16 year old high school girl. How the heck should I know how to rule a kingdom?

Also, there's a lot of situations where reincarnated people try and avoid the other characters, but that's just running away from the problem. I should simply maintain a good relationship and strengthen them so we can all be at peace.

So, currently I am escorted by my personal maid Emma to go into the dining hall to eat dinner with my family; where I will ask his Majesty to start my education early.

Emma knocks on the door, stating my presence.

After a pause, a dignified voice beckons me to enter.

"Good evening, Your Majesty the King and Queen. I am sorry to have kept you waiting."
I said, giving a slight curtsy. I learned that this was the formal way to address the King and Queen after asking Emma how to address them.

"You don't have to be so formal, Liliane. You're our daughter. You can can me Papa."
My father said with a frown.

"Alright then. I shall call you father and mother, if you don't mind."
My father and mother sighed. They seem a little disappointed and proud at the same time. I really don't understand these people. But I know that they dote in their daughter very much. Even though that led to their ruin.

"I guess that'll do. Sit down."

"Thank you father."
I walked as gracefully I could with this body to my chair, then Emma lifted me up to the chair so I could sit down. I gave her a slight nod and a smile, as she blushed a bit and turned away. My father took the first bite, and then my mother started to eat as well. Well, I was still eating some expensive baby food with warm milk. We ate in silence.

One they finished their deserts, I timidly spoke up. 

"Father, mother, I have something I want to ask you."

"Yes dear? What is it?"
My mother said, with a very dazzling smile. As an average Japanese person with average people surrounding me in my past life, her foreign beauty seems too beautiful. It makes me very self conscious even with her genetics running through my veins.

"I, I would like to start my education early, if that's possible."
I said, peeking at their reactions. They seem surprised. I mean, I guess that's normal. In this world, if your 5 year old daughter asked for you to start their education early, she must be a genius or crazy. In my case, I would probably be the latter.

"Are you sure dear? We were thinking of starting it when you turned seven. And that's even quite early for children around here. Usually they'd start at the age of 10."
My mother said, worried.

"And why so suddenly Liliane? Like your mother said, you're allowed to wait 5 more years. "
My father added, confused. I had already anticipated this question, and had came up with a (somewhat) satisfactory answer.

"Well father, I want to start my education as quick as possible, because I want to be a great ruler like you."
Well this isn't too far from the truth. There was a sequel and a third part to the game, and there was a certain event that lead our kingdom further into ruin. In preparation to that, I need to prepare for it as much as I can.

My parents looked shocked, surprised that I said that. Of course, they had no idea what my other motives were.

"Of course, I'll make sure of it. I'll call the most excellent of tutors."
My father said with a proud smile.

"Thank you, father."
I'm said. We talked for some time then I excused myself to go to bed. Even if my mentality is of a 16 year old +5, I'm still in the body of a 5 year old. I couldn't fight the urge of being sleepy.

Tomorrow will be a busy day.

_________________________

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

(๑>◡<๑)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 39 19
As a lazy anime fan, I Jacob Robblee die and meet a goddess who offers me a chance to be reincarnated into any world. I choose to become the protagon...
139K 6.6K 22
A young boy is seen crossing the street when suddenly the infamous truck-sama strikes again! Sike! you thought! truck-sama missed this once but eithe...
1.1K 22 44
crappy isekai MC's that don't have progress, so, I call them one-shots, despite having an outline and plot that I don't want to write out. "What up...
511K 19.2K 47
When I found the newest Otome game by the famous game company Hugot7, I was crying tears of joy. It was utterly beautiful, the scenery, the kingdoms...