UnStoppable [Book 2]

By Wisegirl502

A new summer begins at Camp Half-Blood without incident. Silena and Derek are going strong as boyfriend and g... More

My Friend Goes Crazy
We're Going to Cause Hell
Bryn Swears Like A Sailor
Curse My Luck
You're Not His Family
I Attempt to Stall Romans
We're Getting A Trial
My Friend Is Flanked
I'm Yelling Timber
We Insult the Augur
What Happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
You Almost Caught Bryn Winchester
Bat Mobiles Fly
That's Ironic
Separated Again
One Too Many
Here Comes Goodbye
Plot Twist

That Dam Trip

281 7 25
By Wisegirl502

I’m on a roll with this story!  Pardon where the quote comes from.  I can’t stand the series but I love this quote.  Enjoy!

Chapter Quote:

"Driving at the speed limit- hideous thought.”

~Edward Cullen

_______________________________

Chapter 14: That Dam Trip

Bryn

To be honest, Bryn had only heard that being related to Poseidon made falling on water from stories high feel like landing on a pillow.  She actually didn’t know if it was true.  Therefore she tried to slow down there fall as much as possible, even though they had so much momentum going that she couldn’t help much.  Thankfully, when they plummeted into the water, her hypothesis had been correct.  It didn’t hurt at all.  An air bubble, created by Silena, quickly encased them, allowing Derek, Bryn, and Rachel to breathe normally.  Silena didn’t need an air bubble to breathe considering her heritage.

“So did that Pirates of the Caribbean just slip out or did you mean to say that?” Derek laughed.

“I just wanted to say it.  It’s an epic line, you have to admit.  We need to get out of here.  They’re going to scan the water until they find us.  Let’s swim away from here and resurface at a random place,” Bryn said.  No one could come up with a better idea so that’s what they did.  The swim took a couple hours.  Bryn passed the time by figuring out what to do once they reached Garden of the Gods.  How were they supposed to find the way underground?  Surely there was a trap door or hidden cave they had to get to?  That was the only thing she could think of.

“Guys, we’re about seventy miles from Hoover Dam.  The Romans and Ryan’s troops are good at finding us but they’re not that good.  Plus, I’m getting tired.  Let’s resurface here,” Silena suggested.  Bryn wanted to keep going but chose not to argue.  Silena did look tired and the granddaughter of Poseidon and Athena needed to preserve her strength for what they had ahead of them.  The group floated to the top and paddled over to land.  They dragged themselves onto the small beach, collapsing on their backs and taking in the fact they’d jumped over two hundred feet into Hoover Dam.

“I’m never going to that damn place again,” Rachel grouched. “Two times I’ve nearly been killed there!”

Derek snorted. “What a dam trip.”

Silena grinned. “What a dam swim.”

“You’re both so dam immature,” Bryn joined in, giving a small laugh.

“And yet you join in,” Derek pointed out.

“You’re all dam insane,” Rachel joked.

“We need a good laugh with what’s going on.  All right, let’s get going.  I think we’re on someone else’s property,” Bryn replied.  They all got up and turned around.  The daughter of Zeus was greeted by a rifle in her face.

“Who are you and why are you on my property?” he demanded.

Staring down a gun barrel made Bryn’s heart start to pound uncontrollably, although she refused to let it show that she was petrified.  This man would not intimidate her.

“My name is Bryn Winchester.  These are my friends.  We are being chased.  We jumped in the Colorado River and couldn’t swim any farther.  We mean no harm.  Please lower your gun.  Now,” Bryn ordered, throwing all her Charmspeak into that last command.  Something flickered in the man’s violet eyes.  He started lowering his gun, and just as it was about her hip level, he raised it to her face again.

“What kind of black magic are you using on me?” he barked.  She didn’t answer, but looked over at Silena, Derek, and Rachel.  All the color had drained out of their faces.  They weren’t going to do anything with Bryn’s life on the line.  A surge of gratitude welled up in her heart for her friends.  She had to get them out of this.

Bryn studied the man, trying to figure out something to say to convince them they meant no harm.  He wore a leopard print shirt, dark jeans, and had a bronze dagger on his belt.  It was the weapon that struck her as odd.  Who carried a dagger around anymore except for a-

“Demigod,” Bryn said.  The man lifted his head a little, his eyebrows scrunching together.

“What?”

“I’m a demigod, so are they,” she explained, pointing to Derek and Silena.  Motioning at Rachel, she added, “This is our Oracle.  You’re a demigod too.  That dagger on your belt is Celestial Bronze.”

Slowly, the man lowered his gun. “You’re demigods?”  Bryn, Derek, and Silena nodded.  At this confirmation, he let out a sigh of relief. “Thank the gods!  I thought you were here to kill me.  You have the Charmspeak ability I see?  You’re pretty good at it, almost got it to work on me.  I’ve trained myself to avoid it doing just that, but good job.  My name is Pollux Chablis, son of Dionysus.  You are?”

Pollux held out his hand for Bryn to shake.  She did as she introduced herself.  Derek and Silena did the same thing.  Rachel, on the other hand, exclaimed, “Pollux!  It’s so good to see you!  And alive!” She gave him a hug.  He seemed taken aback but went with it.  When they pulled back, he said, “Rachel Elizabeth Dare.  You were and still are much prettier than the old Oracle.  How’ve you been?”

“Good.  I’m on another crazy, possibly suicidal quest, but all is good.  And you?”

“Never better.  Have my own vineyard out in California in Napa, have a booming business in Vegas, and I have my own restaurant here.  Life is good.  Come on in.  I’ll make stuff to eat and drink and you can brief me on what’s going on and how I can help.”

“Thank you,” the three demigods and the Oracle responded sincerely, following Pollux inside.  His kitchen was incredible.  A person could definitely see the Greek influences in here.  There were white granite countertops, dark mahogany cabinetry, a basket of grapes on the island in the center of the kitchen, and a mosaic in a Greek design as the backsplash on the wall.  The parts of the walls not covered by the mosaic were painted a burgundy-red, the color of wine.

While Pollux whipped up some grilled cheeses for the group to eat, they explained what had been going on recently, starting from when Percy and Annabeth had been kidnapped all the way to Hoover Dam and how they had two different armies trying to capture them.  Bryn admitted she thought the Romans had a better chance of capturing her than Ryan London just because Antony knew more of what she, Derek, Silena, and Rachel were capable of.

“So a war is happening again?  Lovely.  Can the gods stop pissing other people off?” Pollux grumbled.  Thunder rolled across the sky even though, looking out the window, there were no clouds to be seen.

“That would be correct,” Rachel said.

“And the Jacksons are at the center of it again?” Pollux chuckled.

“Correct,” Silena replied.

“And these Jacksons have an independent, smart blonde friend?”

“If you mean me, then yes,” Bryn answered.

“Tell me, Derek, do you like enchiladas?” Pollux queried, a sparkle in his eyes.

“I love them.  Why?”

The son of Dionysus laughed heartily.  Rachel joined in.  It must’ve been an inside joke…

“How are Percy and Annabeth?” he questioned, serving his guests two grilled cheeses each.

“Same as ever.  Totally in love.  Percy is still Seaweed Brain, Annabeth is still Wisegirl and the only girl who can still make Percy speechless.  His son has inherited his incredible ability to accidentally find trouble.  Silena here has inherited her mother’s ability to know the answer to everything.”

_______________________________

Silena 

“I’m not that smart,” Silena protested.  If she knew the answer to everything, she’d know how to save her brother.  She’d know how to win this upcoming war.  She’d know how to get her eyeliner to wing out perfectly every time.  But no.  She didn’t know all this stuff.  She wanted to, but Silena doubted she would end up knowing everything she wanted to.

“I’m calling full crap on that,” Bryn declared.

“It’s bull crap,” Derek corrected, “And typically people use a more colorful word.”

“Well then I’m calling bull crap.  Silena is one of the smartest people I know,” Bryn said. “I don’t think she knows she’s smart though.”

“You’re the one who got us out of the Lotus Casino and out of Hoover Dam,” Silena commented.

“I wing everything.  I rarely plan things out.  You on the other hand know more than you realize.  You’ll find out just how much in time.  I promise you.”

“I know the stuff that isn’t useful.  Like how is knowing the most successful company that sells all types of war equipment is run by a woman and is based in London?  And that when being strangled, a person will black out between fifteen and thirty seconds, and die in about two to four minutes?  It might be different for you Bryn, considering your indestructibleness.  And what about knowing there’s an entrance to the Tower of London near the Thames River?  Or that Pollux’s last name means a ‘dry white wine’?  Which I find ironic and awesome.  Seriously, it’s all useless knowledge.”

“You never know, Silena.  I’m just saying you’re smarter than you know,” Bryn consoled. “Anyways, Mr. Chablis-

“Please, call me Pollux,” he interrupted, smiling at her. “I’m not formal at all, no matter how much money I have.”

Bryn returned the smile. “All right, Pollux, we need to get to Colorado Springs and fast.  We can’t fly because of Silena because no matter how much father lets me get away with, he most like won’t allow her to fly.  Derek gets really sick while flying.  He’d rather walk somewhere than fly.  Do you have any ideas?”

Pollux tapped his fingers on the counter.  Suddenly, he snapped his fingers. “How do you feel about driving?”

“That was our main mode of transportation until we were accosted by the Romans.  Why?” Bryn prodded, trying to hide her excitement but failing just enough that Silena could notice.

“Follow me.” Pollux left the kitchen with his four guests trailing behind him.  Derek swiped his grilled cheese off his plate and munched on it while he walked.  Silena giggled at him.  His cheeks were so full he looked like a hamster.

Pollux led them to the garage which could house six cars.  There was a Honda Pilot, an Audi A4, an Infinity Q50, a Toyota Tundra, and at the end of the garage were two supercars: a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari 458 Spyder.  Both were black and resembled the Bat Mobile, which made Silena wonder if that was the point.

“Take the two fastest in here,” Pollux said.

Derek started choking on the last piece of grilled cheese.  Silena and Bryn slapped him on the back, trying not to laugh.

“We can’t take those cars.  They’re… what?  How much do they cost?” Bryn queried.

“The Ferrari costs around two-hundred-fifty-seven thousand; the Lamborghini is a little over one hundred-eighty.  Give or take a few on each, mostly give depending on what you add to it,” Silena noted.

“And you say you don’t know anything,” Rachel remarked.

“Take them.  I never use them and I want a Porsche anyways and they’re taking up space.  Keep them.  Besides, they’ll get you to your destination the fastest.  Take them.  I swear I don’t mind.  Here are the keys,” Pollux insisted.  He handed the keys over to Bryn.  She took them with shaking hands. “Good luck you four.  And try to live through this, okay?  That’s the only thing I want you to do for me.”

“We’ll try,” Bryn promised.  Turning to Derek, she said, “You’re taking the Ferrari.  I want the Lambo.”

Derek took the keys and stared at them with his mouth open.  Silena closed it.

Bryn tossed the keys in the air and caught them in her hand. “Now, let’s go get Luke.”

_______________________________

Another cameo by a Percy Jackson and the Olympians character!  Do you think there will be anymore?  Yes?  No?  You’ll have to see :)  Please review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 57 1
After his incident with the magicians last year, Percy hopes that for at least one time in his life he can have a normal Summer at Camp Half-Blood. B...
1.6K 62 10
Percy and Annabeth are finally happy, living in New York with their 3 children. But what will happen to change this happy family's life forever, the...
4K 75 10
The first summer of camp is over for Luke and Silena Jackson but what happens when Bryn attends their high school? What happens when she and Luke sta...
198K 1.3K 29
Marissa and Luci are just normal girls at Camp Half-Blood after the Titan War, it seems at first that they're just going to have to deal with mean gi...