NightQuinn

By just_trash_tbh

Dick Grayson and Harleen Quinzel are both tired of their current situations, they need a change. Something ne... More

Something Had To Change
He Felt Like He'd Done This A Thousand Times
Don't Make Me Regret This
Why Should You Care?
What Really Happened Last Night?
The Innocent Psychiatrist
In Case You Need Someone To Talk To
Thanks For Trusting Me
His Responsibility
Harleen
He'd Started To Like Her. A lot.
His Trust
I Needed You
He Wasn't Giving Up On Her
One Hell Of A Team
Things Wouldn't Be So Jovial
Warzone Of Thoughts
No Son Of Yours
Rage, Guilt and Sorrow
You Really Do Care
Something I Need To Tell You
Just A Regular Day At Wayne Manor
BANG!
You're Gonna Listen To Me Now
I Like Us
(A/N) Thanks For Reading!

Who You Wanted To Love

1.7K 47 1
By just_trash_tbh

The Batcave, beneath Wayne Manor, 1:00 AM,

Bruce was sat in front of the Batcomputer, tiered and in pain. He was trying not to fall asleep as he hadn't done so in nearly a week due to everything he'd done in the aftermath of what happened to Barbara at the hands of the Joker. On top of that, he was worried as he hadn't seen Tim or Damian all day, and they hadn't gotten in contact. He heard the elevator from the manor head down as well as many of the bats in the cave fly around far above his head.

He turned his head to the direction of the elevator and saw Alfred, walking towards him with some degree of purpose. "Sir, you've..." Alfred adjusted his collar. "You have a visitor Master Bruce." Bruce turned back around in his chair to face the computer again. "Tell them I'm busy." Bruce replied before typing away into the computer. Alfred sighed. "Sir, with all due respect it's more important than anything you could be doing on that computer of yours." Bruce's typing stopped. "Sir, Master Dick has come home." Bruce turned to face his butler with a slightly puzzled expression. "He's at the front door, sir." Bruce got out of the chair and made his way to the elevator and ascending to the manor.

Dick was waiting by the front door, Tim and Damian had already gone inside, neither had slept so they intended to catch up on that. Harley and Selina had gone to speak with Poison Ivy, plus, Dick and Harley both figured that it'd be best to wait before she saw Bruce again. Dick was still stood just outside, letting the rain fall upon him, he was still feeling unsure as to invite himself in or not, that's how distanced he'd felt from Bruce and the family when he and Harley were in Blüdhaven.

Then, Dick's attention was caught. His father turned the corner of the corridor leading towards the entrance to the manor. Bruce froze. The, without a word from either of them, he approached his son and embraced him. Dick smiled, he'd forgotten what family felt like, especially when it's something like this, from Bruce no less. Bruce stepped away for a second. "Dick..." Bruce nearly cracked a smile. "Son, I've...we've missed you." He placed a hand on his son's shoulder, Dick couldn't quite say anything yet. "I'm sorry for what happened."

"Don't be." Dick finally said. "I was the one who took our argument too far."

"No, Dick, it was me. I'll admit it." Bruce said. "I should have just let you be who you wanted to be, do what you wanted to do, love who you wanted to love." A moment of silence passed between father and son when Bruce mentioned that last part. "Are you and her still together?"

Meanwhile, Selina's apartment,

Selina was in her kitchen, making three cups of coffee for herself and her two guests, Harley and Ivy. Before she showed up to visit Harley, she hadn't spoken to either of her friends in a while, she was glad to have the Gotham City Sirens all under one roof again. She brought the drinks to the table in her living room where Ivy and Harley were catching up, it was mostly Harley explaining where she'd been for the past seven months. Selina sat down beside her fellow Sirens. "Thanks, Selina," Harley said, taking one of the coffee mugs. "I was just about to tell Ivy about you-know-who." The clown smiled.

"She wouldn't tell me until you sat down," Ivy explained. "I was this close to using my pheromones to make her tell the truth." All three chuckled and took a sip of their drinks.

"Well, it's uhh, it's an interesting situation to hear about for the first time," Harley put her drink down. "but there was someone who helped me escape Joker. He helped me see a better side of myself." Harley looked between both of her friends. Selina smiled at her to encourage her to reveal to Ivy the relationship with her and Dick. Selina was ready and willing to accept the two of them, in fact, she found it kind of adorable on both Dick and Harley's part. Harley nervously placed a hand on the back of her neck. "The person who helped me, the person who loves me, the person I love is Nightwing. The son of Batman." Harley clearly still didn't feel comfortable admitting to anyone she'd fallen in love with someone who'd been a thorn in the side of her and the Sirens for so long. Ivy chuckled slightly. "Harley, you don't have to feel like I'm gonna be unhappy with you being with him just because he's been trying to stop people like us." She smiled. "If he's helped you appreciate yourself, made you see good in yourself and helped you break away from Joker, then he's someone I can get behind." Harley smiled at her friend, before Selina chimed in.

"That is when he's not the one getting behind Harley if you catch my drift." Selina winked and sipped her drink.

"Ok, look," Harley replied with a smile as Ivy burst out laughing. "I'll bet the two of you are gonna be itching to tell those kinda jokes about me and him, but it's 'cause you're both just jealous." She smiled. Her phone began ringing. Dick was calling. "I just gotta answer this, gimme a minute, guys." Harley picked up the phone and walked into another room before answering. Is everything alright?" She asked, she knew Dick had gone to see his father, but she wasn't sure how things had gone on his end. "Yeah, it's all good." He replied, she smiled knowing that, ever since they'd left Gotham, she'd worried that she had ruined the bond between Dick and his family. "Myself and Bruce were just headed to the hospital to check on Barbara, doctors have told us that she's regained consciousness for the first time in a while."

"Okay, that's great." Harley replied, smiling as if Dick would be able to see her from where they were. 

"I just thought I'd tell you in case you get back to the manor and I'm not there."

"Okay, sweetie, I'll see you later tonight." She said. "I love you, goodbye." She thought, after hanging up, she didn't really say very often that she loved him, neither of them had said it in the months of them being together. Something about her telling the story to Ivy reminded her of what she felt, and she liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 6.2K 59
This story is complete, it will no longer be updated and I am no longer taking requests. :)
51.9K 1.5K 61
This is a continuation of my previous birdflash book. They're still gonna be gay idiots who love each other. If you have any suggestions, feel free t...
272K 7.2K 138
One shots about Dick Grayson and the members of the Batfam. Updated weekly :)
103K 4.8K 78
"You're so beautiful..." "Even after what Joker did to me?" "You're still the brightest star in my night sky, Mae...