Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

XXII

1.1K 54 69
By W1LDCH1LD

Don't pick up the pieces, just leave it for now
They keep fallin' apart

Setting: Jenner House

Merry fucking Christmas. Besides Halloween, Christmas was one of her favorite holidays ever. It hadn't always been like that but once she moved in with Kris and was exposed to how amazing Christmas could be with matching pajamas and cheesy anecdotes about childhood memories, she became obsessed with it. This Christmas was special because it was her first Christmas with Trey as a married couple. Or at least it was supposed to be.

Currently, she was nursing a cup of Godiva hot chocolate with gluten free marshmallows (thank you Kourtney) in Kris's iconic black and white kitchen while waiting for everyone else to wake up. Most of them were probably severely hungover but last night Demi couldn't even bring herself to take a single sip of the champagne that had probably cost thousands of dollars.

Considering the fact that she hadn't talked to Trey since last night and she was too scared to talk to him – her phone was safely tucked into the pocket of her onesie on silent – she had come to the conclusion that it was probably best if they just spent today apart. Christmas came every year. Maybe she was just overreacting and this one wasn't special at all.

The Kardashian/Jenner/West/Disick clan sounded like a stampede coming into the kitchen for a quick breakfast before going to open the presents. Everyone exchanged variations of "Merry Christmas" and took snapchat selfies in their matching onesies while waiting for the Keurig to heat up as Demi finished off the last of her hot chocolate and gave her leftover marshmallows to a grumpy Nori.

"Where's Trey?" Khloe asked as she wrapped her arms around her neck and rested her head on her shoulder, seeing that the younger woman was clearly not in the best of moods.

"He should be on his way. I lost my phone so..." Demi trailed off with a light shrug as Khloe giggled in her ear.

"You lost your phone? Here?"

"I'll retrace my steps later. It's no big deal," Demi lied through her teeth as Khloe let go of her and they all moved into the living room where one out of seven of Kris's massive trees were set up.

Demi claimed the same couch as Kendall and cuddled up to her as Kris, Kim, and Kourtney started to distribute presents to the kids. Reign was more focused on the wrapping paper than the actual presents. Nori was still in a bad mood so Kim was opening her presents for her. Penelope was just ripping through wrapping paper then tossing whatever she got aside. And Saint was still asleep. Demi couldn't help but to giggle at their antics as Kris started to pass presents to the adults in the room. Shopping for Christmas presents was hard when you were shopping for people who could have whatever they wanted with a snap of their fingers but Demi had managed. She had even dragged Trey's presents over here but she would just have to lug them all back to his house if he didn't show up.

"Look who I found," Scott said as he came into the living room with Trey trailing behind him.

Demi was surprised to see him but tried to school her facial expression as Kendall scooted over to make room for him on the couch. He pecked her cheek before he sat down then intertwined their fingers as Demi finished unwrapping the Chanel No. 2 perfume that she had been meaning to refill for the past two months. Thanks Kim.

Just being around everyone and seeing how happy they were with their little families made Demi cheer up a little bit, even if she was still dwelling on what happened yesterday. She never liked fighting with Trey but it felt different now that they were actually married. Now she really didn't like to fight with him.

"Wait, Demi, what'd you guys get for each other?" Khloe questioned once everyone was pretty much finished opening their gifts.

Kendall had gotten all of them customized Victoria's Secrets robes. Kylie gave everyone matching necklaces with "sisters forever" engraved on a gold name plate . Khloe got them visa cards with $1000 on them. Kim and Kanye gave them Yeezy stuff (of course). Kris planned another family vacation but this time on a cruise around the Virgin Islands. And Demi had followed the pattern by giving them custom designed Fabletics outfits and matching Balenciaga shoes, along with the offer to babysit anytime they needed it.

"Well, we all have to travel to get to my gift for him. Obviously not everyone has to go but..." Demi trailed off as she played with the ends of her messy ponytail. Kylie gave Demi a knowing look as she stood up and set her presents on one of the coffee tables.

"I'll take my car. Who wants to ride with me?"

"I think all the girls should go and all the men can stay here with the kids," Kris suggested. They didn't really have much of a choice because all of the women were already tugging on Ugg boots and grabbing their phones to leave.

Everyone except for Kendall piled into the car with Kylie, so Kendall climbed into the backseat of Demi's Range Rover and they both pulled out of the driveway. Kylie knew where they were going so she didn't have to worry about keeping up with them or anything.

"Trey, we missed you at the party last night," Kendall said to break the awkward silence in the car. Demi was biting at the skin around her nails and Trey was focused on his phone.

"Oh, how was it?"

"Crazy with a K," Kendall joked as she thought about everything that had happened last night.

But Christmas Eve was always like that. Even Demi seemed to have had a great time despite what was obviously going on between her and Trey. Usually they couldn't keep their hands off of each other but they had barely looked at each other since Trey had arrived.

"Looks like it." Kendall didn't hear him because she was in the backseat and he was speaking underneath his breath, but Demi did. They were at a red light so she peeked at his phone and saw a picture of her from last night on Instagram. Well, there were several.

obj: #odemi4life

frenchmontana: baby mama did the damn thing last night @ddlovato

"You didn't get my texts this morning?" Trey asked, causing Demi to shake her head. So, he had texted her. She was just too much of a pussy to even look at them.

"How convenient." He locked his phone and placed it in the cup holder as Demi pulled into the driveway of the home that she had been visiting every day for the past two months.

Before they got married and before his birthday, Demi had decided that she was going to purchase a home for both of them. It would be the first thing that was collectively theirs and she had purchased it with their future in mind. It wasn't too far away from the rest of the family because it was in Calabasas. There were a few elementary schools and a dog park right outside of the neighborhood. It was private, it was spacious, and it was the perfect mix of both of their interior design styles.

As excited as Demi was when she picked out the house and bounced ideas off of Kylie about interior decorating, now she couldn't even be excited about it because there was all this tension between her and Trey. This was not how she imagined Christmas going. Their families were going to see the house. Then they would leave them alone to christen every room. Trey would say some cheesy shit about their future. She was even thinking about sunset skinny dipping, but not this.

Kendall and Trey exited the car, and Demi did as well, but first she pulled her phone out of her pocket and went straight to her messages. Just as he said, there were three messages from Trey that came in at nearly five this morning.

Trey: I understand you're just having fun and shit but for you to be all over those niggas... it's one thing when it's Angel, but I know damn well that French and O are not gay.

Trey: And Odell is my best friend Demi. I don't even know why you'd feel comfortable dancing on him like that. I hope your ass is drunk because this is fucking ridiculous.

Trey: Is this not the same shit you were upset about when I came back from tour???

Shit. So, last night she had hung out with Odell and French Montana. She knew Odell because of Trey, and Odell was just as much as her friend as he was Trey's. French and Trey weren't friends at all though, and Trey didn't really like him either because he was constantly referring to her as his "baby mama," even though Demi had told Trey numerous times that it was just a joke. A part of her did understand where he was coming from. TheShadeRoom had posted a few very suspect looking videos of her dancing with both of them but it was harmless fun. Then again, Trey was really overreacting. She would never cheat on him. And even if she did, it wouldn't be with Odell or French.

"Demi, what is this?" Khloe exclaimed as Demi played with the black box in her hand that held the key to the house.

"Well um," Demi turned to Trey but she could barely make eye contact with him because she knew how upset he was. "I found this house with Kylie a couple of months ago and I thought it'd be perfect for us. I didn't sign any papers because I don't know if you'll actually like it but, your house has become like home for me and I thought that it would be nice to have one thing we could call ours...if you want to."

Demi passed him the box and watched as he opened it, pulling out the key that was dangling from the black ribbon. And he actually smiled. Maybe he wasn't as pissed as he seemed to be in those text messages. Maybe he had cooled down and realized that she was 100% faithful and always would be.

"I think I'm actually crying guys," Kourtney whimpered, wiping at her fake tears with the sleeve of her onesie as Trey grabbed Demi's hand and led her to the front door. He unlocked it with the key and his jaw nearly dropped as he entered the foyer. If Demi knew how to do anything, it was pick out a piece of beautiful real estate.

"What do you think?" She nervously questioned as they walked further into the house.

"Damn," Khloe uttered as they continued their walk through the house.

The outside of the house looked like a suburban mansion, but the inside was absolutely stunning. The floors were black and white marble with a chandelier hanging in the middle of the foyer. It kind of reminded Demi of Kris's house with the stairway overlooking the main entrance, but it was much sleeker in design. There was a marble bar in the living room, a personal wine cellar next to the kitchen, a family room that led to a game room, a theater, a two-story gym, and a sauna. There was even an elevator in the house. Basically, this mansion rivaled every other house owned by a Kardashian.

Everyone else was still exploring but Demi and Trey were outside looking out at the pool which was across from the guest house. Demi was waiting for Trey to say something but he was still just looking around.

"Do you like it?"

"Actually. I love it. I didn't even know you were thinking of doing something like this," Trey said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and stood across from her.

"That was kind of the whole point. If you really like it and you want to move in, we can have the papers signed on Wednesday. I just wanted to make sure you liked it and you could see our future here the same way that I could," Demi admitted with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Sounds great..."

Things were still awkward. They were still tense. And Demi just couldn't take it anymore.

"Look, about what happened yesterday-"

"Are you talking about you getting upset over me not going to the party or you grinding all over Odell and French?"

Oh, so they were going there. Demi didn't want to fight in front of her family, but she also didn't want her and Trey to be in this awkward place anymore.

"A little bit of both. Look, I didn't mean to freak out on you last night but you know, this is our first Christmas as a married couple and I just wanted us to be together. I didn't care about where we were going to be, I just wanted to be with you. And we promised we'd communicate and you just told me that at the last minute. If the situation had been reversed, you'd be feeling some type of way too. Not to mention, you kind of had an attitude with me yesterday and I don't even know why," Demi explained as she folded her arms over her chest.

"We can get back to that in a second. I just want to know what the fuck that was last night. I talked to Odell this morning and he cleared a few things up but he said that you were flirting with French all night. So what, we have one fight and you're ready to jump ship? The shit online looks misleading as fuck and I look like a fool because you were all up in another man's face last night while I was trying to make sure that your ring would be ready on time," Trey ranted, causing Demi to furrow her eyebrows as she played with the strings of her onesie.

"What?"

"I didn't go to my parents' house last night. There was a problem with the jeweler so I had to sit at his shop for six fucking hours and watch him put the finishing touches on your ring. I wanted to surprise you with it today but..."

Was he seriously thinking about not giving it to her just because French was being thirsty last night? This really was similar to what had happened when he was on tour except Demi didn't let French caress her breasts and touch her in places where only Trey was allowed to. This whole fight was just stupid.

"Trey, I don't know how else I can prove to you that I am all in. I am loyal to you. Never in a million years would I ever cheat on you, and especially not with French fucking Montana. I can admit that things were a little crazy last night and for my part in that, I am sorry. But I have never given you a reason not to trust me and the fact that you think I would ever sleep with your best friend or anyone else just because we're fighting is just...it makes me feel like shit. Like, do you really think that low of me?" Demi asked as she rubbed at her actual tears.

Yes, she had accused Trey of cheating on her before and she used to have trust issues when it came to him but that was because he had cheated on her in the past. Nothing in her past should make Trey think that she would ever step out on him, yet here they were. Call her whatever you wanted, but she was loyal to whoever she was with and it had always been like that. She wanted to just put the whole thing behind her, but not if Trey actually thought that she would go to another man just because they had a small disagreement. If he didn't trust her, why were they even married?

"No, I don't think that low of you."

"Obviously you do. I was upset about you not being there but I would never do that and it's like you don't know that. You were so close to calling me a hoe in those messages when I've been nothing but faithful to you and that's not fair. Do you trust me?"

He hesitated before he said yes, and that was enough for her.

"Well, why don't you take some time and figure out if you really do? Because if you don't, we don't need to sign those papers and we definitely don't need to be married. You can take my car back. I'll ride home with Kylie," Demi said before breezing past him to go back inside of the house.

Trey didn't even know why he hesitated. Of course, he trusted her. It was other men he didn't trust around her, and that wasn't her fault. And now he had to figure out how to fix things without ruining her Christmas even more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 619 12
I need something different. Something's been missing...
23.3K 733 11
I'll be good in bed, but I'll be bad to you.
30.3K 1.1K 18
and I lost so much more than my senses, cause loving you had consequences
14.8K 424 12
when I'm with you I feel alive