Angel - A Violetta One shot

By shiningmartina

"What if Violetta Castillo died?" More

Sevilla
The Funeral

Sequel

492 12 14
By shiningmartina

The 25th of August, 2022

*Five years later*

I never thought that my final wish really would come true. Yes, I swear I'm not lying but guess what? I'm able to return to the earth, back to my life, as an angel. Like last time, no one can see or hear me and I decided to take advantage of it. I wanted to make sure nothing bad could happen to the people who had loved me and had taken care of me in my short life. So for the last 5 years, I visited them almost everyday, trying to protect them. I literally became their guardian angel...

And believe me when I say that a lot has changed since the accident. First of all, dad proposed to Angie shortly after in her favorite restaurant, he told her that after my death, he realized that life is too short to delay everything. He loved her, she loved him and more was not needed. It was a beautiful wedding and it made me happy to see my father smile again.

After the funeral and their graduation, I also noticed that my friends barely spoke to each other anymore, they had all gone their seperate ways to start a new chapter in their life and to build up their own music carreer. Luckily, it didn't take long until everyone realized that they couldn't live and work that far away from each other. So Ludmila decided to organize, with the help of the other girls, a reunion every month and also I tried my best to be there everytime. Our group became closer than ever and from that moment on, everything went fast;

Naty and Maxi moved in together, Fran and Diego got engaged, Federico and Ludmila travelled around the world, literally sharing their love and music, Camila and Broduey were planning to build their own dance school and Andres eventually found the love of his life.

And Leon? His music carreer was becoming very succesful, he was currently stealing the hearts from many teenage girls all over the world but he, on the other hand, hadn't found love again. But I'm sure he will. Ever.

Well, you could say, he was finally but slowly moving on. My death had hit him hard and I couldn't blame him. Even we were both only 19 years old, we were pratically sure we would spend the rest of our lifes with each other. We always joked about getting engaged straight after our graduation, but I was already gone.

All of them also didn't talk about me anymore, nor the accident nor that specific night in Sevilla. They all promised it to each other not long after the funeral. I was with them when they made this promise, it seemed better to them this way. That way nobody could get hurt anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their decision but I can't hide the fact that it didn't make me happy. Already for years, no word has been spoken about me like I had never existed and that broke my heart. That's one of the reasons I come back to them everyday, beside my duty as guardian angel I can't allow them to forget about me, I just can't.

But then, one morning, something happened that changed everything...

-

I was in the hospital together with all my friends. It was surprisingly quiet in the waiting room, everyone was clearly very nervous and we were all impatiently waiting for Diego to come out of the room. Camilla's head was laying on Broduey's shoulder, Naty and Ludmila were softly whispering some things in each other ear as they were smiling and Federico, Maxi and Andres were busy with playing some game.

"Any news yet?", Leon asked whispering while he was handing out the coffee and snacks that he brought from the cafeteria. Federico shook his head as Leon groaned. We were here already for 3 hours and I saw that everyone was getting tired. I couldn't blame them though, it was only 4 o'clock in the morning when Diego called them.

Leon went to sit down on the empty chair right next to Andres. He ran his hand through his hair and looked down at the floor. I bit my lip as I was watching him but my eyes left him soon when I heard foot steps coming our way. I turned around and I smiled at the person who stood right in front of me now.

"She's here", he said.

Everyone's head turned upwards. Diego stood there, in the middle of the hall way, with a big smile on his face and tears of joy escaping his eyes. This was only the second time I ever had seen Diego cry (the first time was on my funeral), in all those years.

All our friends stood up quickly, ran to him and hugged him tightly. I heard them whispering things like "Congratulations, buddy" and "I'm so happy for you" while I joined them in the group hug, I couldn't resist it.

"Can we see her? Like right now? And Fran?", the girls asked him impatiently but enthusiastic as the guys smiled at their curiousity. "Follow me", Diego nodded. Everyone began to walk after him and so did I. I still can't describe how weird it is and feels to stand in a room full of people, but still being totally alone.

Diego whispered to everyone that they had to talk a bit quieter as everyone nodded. He opened the door softly as nobody spoke. I looked at the baby in my best friend's arms and I automatically teared up. Yes, that's right, Francesca and Diego just became parents of a beautiful little girl. Fran looked beautiful even though she just had given birth and the big, proud smile on her face covered her tired eyes.

"Hey guys", she said with her soft voice. "There's someone here I like you to meet", she giggled as Diego went to sit beside her on the hospital bed. "She's beautiful", I heard Maxi whisper as he held Naty's hand. I went to stand right next to Fran as I looked at everyone's faces. Everyone was smiling and their eyes were all shining, it was simply a beautiful moment.

But all that I wanted to do was cry knowing that I was not really here for them, I wasn't at the most beautiful moment of Fran's and Diego's life and it felt like someone had torn my heart into a thousand pieces.

"Do you want to hold her, Leon?", Francesca suddenly asked him as I woke up from my sad thoughts. He came closer and closer and carried their baby girl softly in his muscled arms. My heart missed a beat when I looked at them. This was all he and I ever wanted, starting a family together. This could had been our future right now.

"Wow, wait a minute, what's her name?", Camila asked them confused as everyone nodded at her question. Fran looked hopefull at Diego as he smiled lightly as response.

"Violetta", she whispered looking at her daughter as my heart skipped another beat.

Leon looked shocked hearing my name as everyone's smile faded for a second. "We can only wish for our little girl to become like her, we want to be able to remember her forever". Francesca added as I smiled.

"We should have never agreed to this ridiculous idea to avoid speaking about her in the first place. She would've never want that", she muttered a bit disappointed.

"Francesca, listen", Camila sighed. "No Cami, She was an important person in our life and we don't have the right to ignore the love we still feel for her. I realize that now", Francesca interrupted her immediately as an awkward silence filled the room. "I miss her on moments like this", Fran said now looking straight in Diego's eyes. "She would have been an amazing aunt and godmother", Diego confessed to everyone while Francesca bursted out in tears. "Hey, hey, babe, look at me", he said softly holding her chin. "She's here, she's always here and she will always be. She lives on in our memories and even when she sometimes disappears in our minds, she will always fill a place right in here", he told her, pointing at her heart. I smiled at Diego's answer, he was so good for her, for everyone.

I was honestly shocked to hear Francesca speak that way, especially to her best friends. She was the kind of person who fixed everyone's problems and discussions, not start them.

It was very quiet as everyone looked at each other, waiting for the next person to speak. "Damn it, I'm sorry guys, I freaked out a bit, but let's be honest, we have to stop hiding from the truth. We need to keep her alive in our memories, we own her that", Francesca explained determined but in a softer way a few minutes after her rage. Everyone nodded understanding and softly smiled again.

"I seriously couldn't agree more and I love it, the name, it's amazing", Leon simply whispered, breaking the uncomfortable vibe, while carressing the cheek of little Violetta. "Me too", Federico said laying his hand on Leon's shoulder.

"Welcome to our crazy little family, Violetta", Camila said as she went to stand next to Leon. "When you're grown up, we will tell you everything about your beautiful aunt", Naty added while she layed her head on Camilla's shoulder. "She would have loved you so much, you have no idea", Andres whispered as everyone joined them, all standing around Leon. While my friends were busy with the baby, I turned around to look at Fran and Diego who were still sitting on the bed. They were, just like me, smiling.

Isn't it unbelievable? Little Violetta just changed the lives of all of them, in less than an hour. For me it is a sign, a sign for me to go. My job is done here. I can't protect them forever, I have to let them live their life, even it's dangerous and unfair sometimes.

I looked at all of them one last time and with pain in my heart I flew away. Away from the hospital, away from Buenos Aires, away from earth, right back to heaven.

Where I belong now. Forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23M 805K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
613K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...