Whose Eyes Were Red? [s.m][3]

By hoechlin72

A lot has changed in Beacon Hills. Scott McCall and his pack have just survived the Dread Doctors and Theo's... More

trilogy
epigraph
introduction
trailer
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
series epilogue
teen wolf: the movie
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8

chapter 8

5.9K 172 24
By hoechlin72

"Yeah, but you could have warned them!" Stiles screamed out, tears streaming down his face as he continued to realise that Levi Hale was gone. She had died doing the thing she had always tried to do: protect her pack.

"We warned Levi. And he was gonna do it anyway. Now, we know," Peter tried to act rational, but he was dying inside. He thought he could kill Levi the way he had Laura, but it was obvious to him now that there was something different about the girl.

"Know what?" Stiles asked, glaring deeply at Peter as he looked up at the werewolf.

"That we're stuck. It's over."

//.//

Levi had died before - that was a fact. It hadn't been that sore, and she had been brought back safely by Deaton in the animal clinic. All it had been was darkness and serenity. As if she was floating.

That's how she knew she wasn't dead, it didn't hurt the way this did. 

She had fallen from maybe twenty feet in the air, slamming down on to hard concrete that she strangely recognised but couldn't explain why or how she recognised it. Her vision was blurry from the pain, but as she lay there is got easier to breathe.

Her sense of smell kicked in first, allowing her to take a breath and understand why she recognised the smell. She could smell the familiar rubber tyres of Scott's motorbike - leading her to realise that she was laying on the ground outside his house. She guessed this made sense as it was him who she most wished to see when she returned from hell.

Levi was still in shock, but the burning across her body wasn't doing anything to help with the pain she was experiencing. Tyres screeched as a car pulled to a halt to avoid from hitting into her, and the alpha heard a voice yell out in shock as they saw the unrecognisably burned girl lying in the middle of the path.

She still couldn't see, but she didn't need to. She hissed as the person collapsed to their knees beside her, holding on to the girl as she tried to squirm on the gravel below her.

"Dear god," he spoke, not recognising her in the slightest - a fact that didn't surprise the girl. Coach Finstock was a good man, but even the best of people would find it hard to un-do the ghost rider's curse that had been placed on her.

Levi was drifting awake and not, her wounds not healing quickly due to the extent and supernatural causing of them. She could hear the coach calling the emergency services to send out an ambulance to them straight away, but it wasn't something she was really concentrating on. 

She had been so close to getting to Scott, but her smell had confirmed that he wasn't even home so wouldn't have seen her anyway. She swore, once she was able to leave the hospital that the first thing the girl would do would be to find her boyfriend - even if he had no idea who she was to him.

Rough hands gently grabbed at her, easing her onto hard plastic at the same time. She groaned, her eyesight still blurred, and her body still itching and burning from the disaster.

And as she was lifted into the ambulance, drifting in and out of consciousness, Levi heard the one thing that gave her hope for Stiles being able to be saved from that hell - the sound of a roar. Peter's roar.

_________

"What the hell?" Scott muttered, him and Lydia being jolted awake from inside the jeep as they heard the roar echo across Beacon Hills. 

"Did you hear that?" Malia checked with them as they ran over to stand beside the were coyote, not sure what was going on. It was familiar, but they weren't sure why. 

"I think all of Beacon Hills heard that," Lydia answered, having heard it even without the were-creatures supernatural hearing. She wasn't sure about this, and was confused that it would only end in back luck.

"Who is it?" Scott asked, trying to figure out who could have made that roar. It wasn't any of his pack, and he was pretty sure that Satomi had moved the majority of her pack out after the massacre of the dead pool.

"I'm not sure, but I think I recognized it," Malia muttered, the three of them taking off into the woods where they had heard the roar come from.

They searched for almost half an hour before they met back up, having had no luck trying to find the mysterious person. They all knew that whoever it was was definitely supernatural, so the quicker they found them to see if they were a threat or not, the better.

"I've got a scent but..." Malia started, watching as Scott also caught on to the scent. 

"There's something wrong with it. It smells like whoever it is, is burning," Scott agreed, his hearing trying to tune into another heartbeat.

"I hear a heartbeat," Malia also noticed, both of the supernaturals turning and sprinting towards the sound that they had latched on to.

"Who is that?" Scott asked, looking down at the charred male body that they had just come across. He was twitching slightly, making it painful for the teenagers to watch. 

"I don't know, but I know the scent. Even through the barbecue," Malia explained, moving closer to the body. She crouched down beside it, sniffing the air around him slightly.

"How do you think he got here? There's no tracks. No fire," Scott stated, looking around to see that there had been no visible way that the man could have ended up there without leaving some sort of trace of where he had came from.

"Oh, my god," Malia suddenly exclaimed, a hand coming up to cover her mouth as she looked at his eyes and suddenly had flashbacks. "Peter?!"

The burned man nodded, trying to show his daughter that she was correct - it was her father lying there in front of them.

"Who's Peter?" Scott asked, sinking to the ground on the other side of him.

"Peter Hale. My dad!" Malia exclaimed, and as Scott looked at the man's eyes he also began to have the memories flash back to him.

"You were my beta first..."

"Peter. He bit me. How could I forget him? How did I forget him?" Scott asked, mainly to himself as he stared down at the man that had caused him and his friends so much pain over the years.

"He has something." Malia said, reaching down and taking the keys out of his hand. As she looked at Scott, they both instantly knew what those keys belonged to. The jeep; the one Lydia had been obsessing about all day. It was connected to whoever this Stiles person was.

/./

 "Don't flood it," Scott said to Lydia, turning the key in the jeep to try to get the engine to flip over and start up. Lydia sighed, turning to look at the alpha in disbelief.

"Do you even know what that means?"

"Not really," Scott noted, not even sure why he knew to say that to the strawberry blonde girl.

Trying once more, Lydia turned the key with more force this time. The engine stuttered to life, and the headlight beams shot straight out in front of where they were parked. Scott and Lydia laughed, surprised that it had actually worked out for them for once in their lives.

As they sat peacefully, they were interrupted by the old radio in the car suddenly crackling and whizzing to life. They had previously thought it was dud, so Scott and Lydia jumped miles in the air as they turned to face the machine.

"Hello?" A voice that was so familiar to them broke through the quietness of the radio, Lydia rushing to turn the channel up.

 "Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait," Lydia ordered Scott, fiddling with the levers until they managed to get the station slightly clearer.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Can anyone hear me?" Stiles repeated, his voice now instantly reminding Scott and Lydia of him.

"Stiles? Stiles, are you there?"

"Scott? Lydia? Is that you?"

"Oh, my god, Stiles. We can hear you!" They exclaimed, both shared delighted looks as they managed to communicate with their best friend.

"Oh, my god, you know me? You remember me?" Stiles breathed, not having expected his friends to actually remember who he was.

"Stiles, is this... is this you? Is this actually you?"

"Yeah. Listen to me... do you remember the last thing I said to you?" Stiles yelled, needing to know that she remembered his final words to her.

"You said... you said, "remember I love you."" Lydia stuttered, causing tears to well up in both her eyes and Stiles' eyes from the other dimension.

 "Are you okay? Where are you? We're comin' to get you!" Scott yelled into the receiver, needing to rescue his best friend as quickly as he could. He couldn't believe they had forgot that the boy had existed.

"No, no, no. You can't. You won't be able to find me!" Stiles butted in, not knowing how long the connection had left.

"Stiles, what... what are you talking about? Just tell us where you are, and we'll, we'll come and..." Lydia spoke, trying to ignore the thought of losing the boy again.

"Right, just remember this. Canaan, okay? You have to find Canaan and Levi! Levi came across before Peter. Just find Canaan and Levi!" Stiles yelled, just as the radio seemingly lost the connection and turned back into radio static. 

"Stiles! Stiles!" They yelled, trying to get the radio to turn back on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 12.4K 49
Maia Arceneaux (Are-seh-noh) has always been the outcast. She's the enemy. She's the alpha. She took the idea of power to a whole new level. Challeng...
553K 13.7K 89
𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 she wondered what it was like to be loved by him maybe she'll find out. 𝐭𝐡𝐞...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
18.7K 875 54
growing up in a family entangled in the rigidity of tradition, evelyn harper sought solace in the embrace of soccer. the soccer field was her sanctua...