Starcrossed (Sequel to Apocal...

By blackdust

(Okay guys this is the Sequel to Apocalypse so if you haven't read that story you wouldn't get this story so... More

Starcrossed (Sequel to Apocalypse)
Chapter 1- Shattered
Chapter 2- Melancholy
Chapter 3- Enmity
Chapter 4- Nightmare
Chapter 5- Beginning
Chapter 6- Changes
Chapter 7- Unforseen
Chapter 9- Euphoric
Chapter 10- Content
Chapter 11 - Attribrute
Chapter 12 - Salutations
Chapter 13 - Arrangements
Chapter 14 - Unity
Chapter 15 - Intuition
Chapter 16 - Apprehension
Chapter 17 ~ Trueness
Chapter 18 ~ Outspoken
Chapter 19 ~ Interlace
Chapter 20 ~ Ensemble
Chapter 21 ~ Disclosure
Chapter 22 ~ Carousal
Chapter 23 ~ Sync
Chapter 24 ~ Hitch
Chapter 25 ~ Homecoming
Chapter 26 ~ Fortuitous
Chapter 27 ~ Matrimony
Chapter 28 ~ Auspicious
Chapter 29 ~ Controversy
Chapter 30 ~ Compromise
Chapter 31 ~ Complications
Chapter 32 ~ Confinement
Chapter 33 ~ Rejoice
Chapter 34 ~ Corruption
(FINAL CHAPTER) Chapter 35 ~ Vale
Epilogue
Midlight Has Been Posted (Well the prologue)

Chapter 8- Misconception

6K 129 51
By blackdust

Hi guys! Hehe I didn't vanish for too long did I? Well I am going to vanish again... anyways enjoy! :)

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 8- Misconception

I didn't know what to think as I looked at them. I blinked away the tears thinking that moving on was good for him. That means he's happy?

Who am I kidding? To be honest I didn't want Max to move on. I never did and never will.

His gaze ripped from the lady beside him which made our eyes lock. I missed him looking at me more then anyone could ever imagine.

Every moment we had together replayed in my mind.

It wasn't fair nothing is ever fair. I just wanted to run up to him and kiss him but I couldn't. I ripped from his gaze and saw the girl.

She was exceptionally beautiful, she was a vampire and well she just seemed perfect...

Oh why oh why did I have to leave him?

The rest of the guys and Aubrey noticed the sudden tension in the air. Gabriel who was formerly standing behind me was now leaning over me so our bodies brushed slightly. Also the mystery girl had noticed the tension and her face became concerned.

They most definitely are together.

Max then looked away from me and faced the girl. She gave a sudden look of surprise and gazed at me and then nodded slightly at Max.

I then became jealous. She can have the guy that I'm in love with and I can't. She probably won't even leave him lime I did.

What do I do now then?

Move on too?

Or maybe...

"Gabriel if anyone asks you are my boyfriend." I whispered to him only loud enough for the people around me to hear. Gabriel looked at me in confusion.

"What?" He replied in the same volume.

"Just go with me please." I silently begged him. He thought for a moment and then nodded.

Damien, Aubrey and Landon had seemed to have caught on and went along with it.

I hand unconsciously gripped Gabriel's arm as the girl did the same to Max.

I wanted to rip her limb by limb preventing her to ever touch Max again but couldn't. If Max moved on that means he's happy, I don't want to take away his happiness.

Wait.

Does it mean now that he has moved on that he doesn't love me anymore...? My heart skipped a beat before it started to hammer in my chest at the thought of him not loving me anymore.

"Um... this is just awkward... I think we should actually do something then stand and stare." Damien then said breaking the suffocating tension.

"Uh yeah." I agreed and then looked down. I mustered whatever I had left within me looked back up and saw Max and the girl approaching us.

Hand in hand.

"Hey Max it's been years what's up?" Damien said casually as if his sister wasn't internally dying. They did the man hug thing and he then replied

"Yes it has Damien. It's good to see you." Was what he said.

His voice was so smooth, the words were like they were made for his mouth. It made my heart race faster and flamingos in my stomach turn into hawks. He sounded so... sexy. It made goose bumps rise over body.

"Oh so you are Max it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Aubrey and this is my boyfriend Landon. We are Amelia's friends." Aubrey introduced calmly whereas I felt like I was going to combust. They exchanged a few words before the fateful moment had arrived.

Max stood was then a metre in front of me and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him a kiss him.

But I couldn't.

"Hello Amelia." He greeted and then stretched his hand out for me to shake. I brought my free hand from my side trying not to make it shake and shook hands with him.

It was impossible to ignore the way our hands fit against each other, the way powerful sparks flowed through our bodies.

It wasn't fair.

All I wanted to do is grab him a kiss him. Was that too much to ask for?

"Hi Maxi - Max. This is Gabriel my... boyfriend..." I trailed trying to make my voice even.

I want to run away from this. But I can't, I've been running all my life. I need to face this.

We unclasped each other's hands and I detected a look on Max's face that I couldn't decipher. It was like he was a stranger.

"And this is Eva my girlfriend." He replied in a expressionless tone. I looked at the blonde beside him and gave a smile which hurt. For some reason I felt like being sickenly sweet to her.

"Hi Eva." I greeted and I offered my hand for her to shake. She smiled and shook my hand.

"Hey Amelia. It's great to finally meet you." she replied. I arched an eyebrow in confusion.

She knew about me? Why does she know? Maybe she comforted Max when I left him?

I guess all I am is a lovesick ex.

I let go of her hand and dropped mine to the side.

There was then silence. A very awkward but heavy with tension silence. I was choking on it.

"So... why don't we go to a cafe or something? We could catch up?" Damien offered once again breaking the silence. I sighed in relief as the tension eased and Max's eyes were off me.

"Yeah sure. We have nothing better to do right now." Max answered. He then with his grip firmly on Eva moved away from Gabriel and I.

Everyone then engaged in conversation to where we should go whilst I stared at the ground.

This was not supposed to happen. Max and I are supposed to be with each other not with anyone else.

What if they two are married? I thought horrendously. No, Max just told me that she is only his girlfriend.

Oh my God! She could bring pregnant! No, she's a vampire.

Wait. Does that mean that they have done the deed already?!

Do they kiss?

Do they sleep together?!

Do they plan to bring married one day ruining my only chances of being with Max?

Do the-

"Amelia chill out." Gabriel whispered in my ear only loud enough for me to hear. I looked up at him and smiled showing him that I was alright.

"I'm alright." I replied in the same volume. I looked into his golden eyes.

I could fall in love with Gabriel couldn't I? I'll be over Max then right?

Who am I kidding? I can't fall in love with anyone else. It can only be Max and ever would be.

"Wait. Amelia you just said to him that you and-" I heard Landon start but was cut off by Aubrey hitting his arm immediately silencing him.

I guess Landon wasn't paying attention to anything. I gave Aubrey an inconspicuous thank you look and that focused on the matters at hand. We had decided to go to a cafe which was only a little walk away.

"Amelia what are you doing?" Damien asked me quietly as we began to walk.

"What do you think? He's moved on!" I snapped back at him in the same volume.

"I don't think he has..." he trailed unsure.

"Weren't you listening? She's his girlfriend!" I exclaimed. I gestured to them a few feet away from us.

"I don't think so Amelia. But for noe I guess we are going to have to go along with it." He calmly replied. I looked at him incredulously. He had to be kidding me. "You know I could always hypnotize him into believing he loves you."

"No. That's just wrong. If he's happy with her then so be it. It's what he wants so I am going to respect that."

"Are you seriously going to let him go?"

"If you love something set it free, if it comes back it's yours if it doesn't then it never was." I said repeating the line I had told Max when I had left him.

"Why does everyone say,'If you love someone, let them go?' If you really love someone, hold on tight and never let go." he quoted. I stopped walking for a second and then continued completely taken aback. I didn't know how to respond.

It's true. You should never let go. The biggest mistake of my life.

"It's done now there's nothing I could do about it." I choked out.

"Are you seriously thinking that? Amelia we both know that's not what you want - Amelia stop!" He said the last part being loud so it was heard by everyone. I ended up bumping into Max. He had stopped walking because we bad reached the cafe.

I felt the warmth of his against mine for a split second before I hastily took a step back to accomadate myself next to Gabriel whilst mumbling a quick 'sorry'.

"Here we are, the cafe." Gabriel announced.

"No sh!t Sherlock!" Landon replied. A smile touched on my lips at the two boys. Max noticed my smile and then frowned.

Okay weird.

We sat ourselves outside the cafe where there were picnic tables able to seat all of us even through we weren't all having something to eat. I was in-between Gabriel and the oh so lovely Eva. It was hard not wanting to glower at her.

"So Amelia Max has told me all about you. I've always wanted to meet you so here you are. What's it's like in Britain?" Eva asked. I gave her a you cannot be serious look.

She is talking to her boyfriend's ex not a long lost friends!

"It's fine I guess." I mumbled and started to play with Gabriel's fingers which I already had a tight grip on.

"Did you attend school?" She asked and it all started like that. Question after question I tried to put her off by giving her short answers but it would only bring up more questions for her to ask.

All I wanted to do is squish that pretty little head of her's.

"Okay enough about me tell me about you. Where do you originate from?" I interrupted ignoring the previous question she had asked. I was glad that she didn't ask any questions regarding Gabriel.

"I originate from....." she started but I immediately got bored. She talks too much. I feel sorry for Max. Thinking of Max...

I glanced over to Max only to see him giving a death glare to what was beside me which was... Gabriel? Why is he glaring at him? It makes no sense!

I then again studied Max's features. He was beautiful. His soft stylish hair. White shining teeth. Glimmering hazel eyes. His full, plump lips. It was all to die for.

His gaze was about to switch to me so I quickly looked away to the people opposite me.

Aubrey gave me a sympathetic look. She knew as well as the others that I loved Max. More then anything.

After a few minutes of day dreaming I noticed the seat next to Eva was empty. Where has Max gone?

Hmmm...

Before I started to ponder to stopped myself I don't need to know where he has gone. It has nothing to do with me.

"Amelia you've been awfully quiet. Is anything wrong?" Eva asked me.

Yes there is! You stole my boyfriend! I wanted to shout at her but refrained before the idea was too tempting.

"Um... just feeling a little homesick?" I lied. She didn't seem to pick it up though.

"So when are you guys going back then?" She questioned. Jeez women we just came to this country yesterday and you are already asking when we are leaving?

Maybe I'm just taking things a little too personally.

"About 2 weeks maybe." Damien answered.

"Aww so you are staying here for Valentine's day?" She gushed. I felt my stomach sink.

Who knows what she and Max might do.

I then glanced around casually and then spotted a forest. Hmmm...

"I'm going to go for a walk. I shouldn't be too long." I excused myself and got up from the table. They said goodbye and I set off for the forest. It felt good to be surrounded by trees once again I had missed the soothing atmosphere too much. A smile touched my lips as I leant against a tree. I closed my eyes hoping when I opened them again everything would be alright.

Before I could succumb myself to the silence I was interrupted.

"You look comfortable." A voice pointed out. I opened my eyes to look at Max. He was only a few feet away from me. He too was leaning against a tree.

"Trees help me loosen up." I replied trying hard to keep my eyes on his face.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" He asked curiously.

If only he knew.

"Just a little homesick." I said feeding him the lie I had told the others.

"Oh okay. So I guess you and Gabriel huh?"

"You could say that."

"How long?"

"Not long." It was weird just talking to him like this. Like nothing had happened.

"Same." He said referring to himself and Eva.

"You two seem good together." I said not believing my own words.

"Well you did say to move on..." he trailed. Our gaze locked. I couldn't decipher the look in his hazel eyes it was like I never knew him at all...

I felt hurt and looked away from his gaze so he couldn't detect it.

"I guess I did."

"You don't seem bothered by that?"

"What's it to you anyway?" I snapped.

"You've changed." He pointed out.

"No sh!t Sherlock."

He seemed taken aback by my attitude. I don't know why I was like this... just...

"You swear now too?"

"As if you don't. I don't know what you want from me Max."

"It's like I don't know you at all..." he trailed mostly to himself. I felt angry not particularly at him but myself. I just have to screw everything don't I?

"The feeling is mutual." I replied and then straightened myself up from my leaning position and turned on my heel to walk away.

I felt him moving behind me but I made no attempt to stop him. He placed his hand on my arm immediately making me freeze. I once again felt those sparks.

I felt tears to my eyes. I wanted to scream, shout, cry - anything. I couldn't keep everything bottled in.

"Don't touch me." I whispered to him a lightly shrugged his hand off. I then turned to face him, his was was hard.

"So you are just going to walk away? Like you do on everything? The family, your cat, your life, me." he questioned harshly. I stood silent. "So you aren't even going to answer? That's just pathetic."

"You don't know everything Max." I stated coldly to him and took a step back.

"I know enough. You left me. You left me to go stay with a guy who says he's your father without even thinking how it would effect me."

"I didn't want you to mope around me Max. I never said you should." I countered.

"Oh so you wanted me to celebrate? Throw a party and be like yay you have finally left my life?" He questioned venomously making me flinch slightly. But it didn't stop my next action.

My palm made a clapping sound as it hit his cheek. I was careful not to use a lot of force.

"No Max. I wanted you to move on so you could be with someone who would stay with you. Someone who wouldn't leave you like I did. When would you see that Max? I wanted to better for you!" I retorted making my voice louder.

"You didn't have to leave in the first place!"

"I didn't have a choice!"

"That's just bullshit everyone has a choice." He argued his hazel eyes had darken dangerously.

"Well I didn't! IF I DID I WOULD'VE STAYED." I shouted at him.

"WHY didn't YOU have a choice? WHY couldn't you have told me so I could've understood?"

"There's no point now it's already done Max. I left and now I'm back. We've moved on I guess we were never meant to be."

"You talk as if you were suffering too." He stated. I felt enraged. He doesn't know what I've been through. But then again I don't know he's been through either.

"YES MAX I DID SUFFER. DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT DAY? I said I would always love you."

"You said but it looks otherwise."

"I LEFT BECAUSE OF MY MOTHER OKAY?" I revealed. He opened his mouth to retort but closed it.

"But I thought your mother was-"

"Dead I know. She is. But what you don't know is that once when you were sleeping she asked me to make a promise to her that I would stay with my father if she died. I was fulfilling that promise Max and before you asked the reason I never told you was because it was something I had to do not something I had to pull you in."

"You still could've told me..."

"It's too late now it's done and can't be undone. Anyways I'm going. Be happy with Eva don't let her leave you like I did. Goodbye Max." I said and once again turned on my heel and started to walk off. With my vampire speed I wiped away the tears that had started to fall from my eyes.

"Amelia... don't go..." he trailed softly making me want to stop walking away from him and walk towards him. But I didn't, I couldn't.

He clutched my shoulder but I shrugged it off and carried on walking only for him to skirt around me and plant himself in front of me. He then held my upper arms with hid hands.

"Don't touch me Max." I whispered firmly and took a step back so I was no longer in his possession.

"Amelia. Why are you being like this?" He questioned. His hazel eyes focusing soley on my green ones.

"When I told you to move on I actually meant come with me so we could move on together." I told him trying to stop the tears from falling but it was getting harder and harder.

"Do you still love me Amelia?"

"It doesn't matter if I do anyway. You don't love me." I stated.

"You don't know that Amelia. I never stopped loving you I couldn't."

He still loves me? But... what about Eva? This is all just confusing.

"Then why are you with Eva?" I asked my voice cracking slightly. The tears were now coming nonstop.

"I saw you and Gabriel together. I thought that since you have moved on I could show you I have too." He admitted. I gave a confused look.

He had done exactly what I had done with Gabriel.

"And that's what I did with Gabriel."

He then gave me a confused look but then he began to think.

"So you and Gabriel aren't together...?" I shook my head.

Wait. So Max isn't in a relationship and I'm not too... does that mean that we-

Max grabbed my head in his a gave me a look I didn't really understand he then brought me closer to him.

*~* Max's POV *~*

I grabbed her dainty hand in mine and brought her closer to me. I clasped her waist after I let go of her hand and inhaled her mouthwatering scent which drives me crazy.

I looked into her beautiful emerald eyes which were rimmed red and puffy, overflowing with tears and savoured the moment. I missed this more then anything. I then brought her into a hug. Her body fitting with mine perfectly. I felt every curve which was making me go crazy.

I wanted to kiss this girl senseless.

I felt her cry into me and soon wrap her arms around me.

I still loved this girl more then what's good for me but I didn't care. I have her now and I'm not going to let her go.

Never again.

After a few minutes her crying had stopped and she pulled anyway so we were just in day other's embrace. I already missed hugging her.

"I love you Amelia." I told her and brought her closer so our bodies were pressed against each other.

"I love you too Maxie." She replied in her soft alluring voice. I unclasped her waist with one hand and cupped her face. I brushed away a tear stained hair and wiped her eyes so they were no longer wet.

She's so beautiful.

"You're mine now. Don't ever let me go." I told her. A smile sat on her perfect kissable lips making me smile too.

"I won't ever let you go. Not again." She promised. It felt so good to hear those words. I just feel like shouting to the world that she's finally mine. I first need to tell the family.

Before I continued to think I leant forward and pressed her soft lips to mine and kissed her like I hadn't had the chance before.

Well I hadn't in 3 years.

Her taste drove me insane my body ached in need of her. My palms were sweaty, my heart sped I traced my fingers over her slender body and then rested my hand on her thigh whilst her fingers traced my back and made a bee line for my hair.

She was killing me.

We carried on kissing in perfect sync until we had to gasp for air. I pressed my forehead against hers and then kissed her nose.

"I think I just died and went to heaven." I proclaimed making her giggle.

"And I think that Mr Max Cullen enjoys this too much." She clarified with a cheeky look on her face.

"And so what if I did?" I challenged and pulled her closer to me.

"I know you did. Anyway you need to take me on a ride on your motorbike."

"You like the motorbike?"

"Love it. Real badass." She said the words played on her tongue.

"Then whatever you wish. You could have anything."

"I know." She then leant back and effortlessly broke my hold of her and grabbed my hand in hers. "We need to head back. They are wondering if we have killed each other or making out."

"I definitely don't mind the making out part." I said smirking broadly making her roll her beautiful eyes.

"Neither do I." She agreed and then leaned forward to teasingly peck my lips. I let out a little moan.

She then tugged on my hand started to drag me along. I let go of her hand and then grabbed her waist bringing her close to my side.

"Do we have to go back?" I whispered to her.

"Not really but I would like to show off my boyfriend." She replied and winked at me.

She's amazing.

She had black, leather boots which complemented her tight skinny jeans emphasizing her long and toned legs. She wore a red blouse which hinted what was underneath but stayed modest. On top of the blouse was a light jacket and a few necklaces. Her hair was silky brown and fell to her waist with soft waves and curls. She had beautiful, pink, kissable lips, high cheek bones and a small button nose.

Just so beautiful.

We were soon in sight of civilization and soon by the cafe where everyone else was. I noticed everyone talking. One thing in particular was that Eva and Gabriel were flirting.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked Amelia quietly. She seemed to had noticed them too and was smirking.

"Oh yes. They seem perfect so why not?" She suggested.

"I'm with you on that."

We then meeting it to the table and sat ourselves down only to be interrogated.

Great.

*~*~*~*~*

I updated! Who loves me? Lol I hope you liked this chapter! I loved writing it and can't wait for the next!

NEXT UPLOAD: I have no idea. I'm still on my leave so maybe a few weeks? The only reason I updated for you was for a treat! It's Blackdust's birthday today! We are one years old.

So what do you think of this chapter? Please tell me your thoughts! And I hope you guys are happy that I didn't do another cliffy!

Anyways without further ado this chapter is dedicated to Ali and Ambo because they are the reason for the change of plan! Thanks guys! ;)

Anyways I'm tired it's past midnight I have school tomorrow :(

Anyways I love you guys and I hope that this chapter is nice and long for you guys! By the way no proof reading has been done!

~ Ami xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.6K 25
What if Jacob Black never ran away? What if something else happened after the fight with the newborn army? Eleanor doesn't know anything about her pa...
750K 19.2K 77
⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show Semi sexual activity. As well as ot...
403K 9.9K 81
What if Emmett and Rose weren't mates. What if Rose and Edward were mates, and Alice had thought Bella would be Emmett's mate but that didn't work ou...
202K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...