Brewin' in the Boroughs

By 12YearsInAzkaban

"Race, what's goin' on? Where 'ave ya been?" Crutchie asked, eyeing the boy with worry. Race ignored him and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
NOT an update
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Another Not Update
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
What Comes Next?
Sequel?
Guess What

Chapter 22

1.3K 51 606
By 12YearsInAzkaban

Race stood nervously next to his and Jojo's bunk. He wrung his cap in his hands, trying to decide what to say.

"Hey Jo," he tried.

"Hey," the other boy responded shortly.

"Can I sit down, maybe?"

"I don't know, can you?" Jojo asked, glancing up to meet Race's eyes. Race looked dow and Jojo sighed. "Go ahead."

"Thanks," Race mumbled, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Got anythin' to say?"

"What?"

"Why are youse here Race?"

"I came to say that I was sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Jojo asked, genuinely confused.

"For comin' back the way I did. For bein' selfish and pushin' you away when you tried to help."

"It's fine," Jojo shrugged. "Sometimes we've gotta take time for ourselves."

"Jojo, I was drunk out of my mind."

"I know that Race. Trust me, everybody knew."

"But I told you I would stop!" Race cried. "After the last time I promised you that I was gonna stay away from stuff like that."

"Don't beat yourself up over it, I shouldn't have asked that from you."

"What do you mean Jojo?"

"You can't help it Race! It wasn't fair for me to ask you to quit, 'cause I know that you don't have control over it! You can't stop, not for anyone."

The disappointment in Jojo's voice and eyes were worse than the anger that Race had been expecting. Race longed for the boy to lash out, yell at him, tell him how selfish he was. To tell him that he was a liar who'd broken a promise.

That would have been better than Jojo sitting there and excusing it on account that he didn't believe Race had self control. Race hated letting Jojo down, and that's exactly what he had done.

"I'm sorry Jo," he said, eyes pleading with his friend to understand, to regain faith in him. "I'm gonna get better, I promise."

Jojo raised a brow skeptically. "Youse already promised that."

"But I mean it this time. Ise gonna be here for ya this time."

Jojo considered the thought, analyzing Race's features before giving a sharp nod. "Okay. But this is your last chance. Youse better not screw it up."

A smile slowly spread across Race's face. "I won't. I ain't gonna let youse down again."

***

Spot slammed the door shut as hard as he could. It shook on it's hinges, drawing surprised looks from his boys. He ignored them all in favor of storming up to his room, slamming that door too.

After throwing around a few more things and almost breaking his hand against the wall, he sunk into his chair, his head dropping to his chest. His eyes burned, but he ignored the sting. Spot Conlon didn't cry, not even when he was alone.

He glanced up at the sound of the doorknob slowly turning. The door creaked open just far enough for an eye to peek through.

Spot watched confusedly as the door opened even further, a blond head poking into the room, looking back nervously.

Dimples hesitantly stepped into the room after silence from Spot. "What's wrong Spot?"

"Nothin'," Spot replied, coming out of his surprise.

"Are you sure? You looked really mad," Dimples said skeptically.

"It ain't your business kid, now scram!" Spot said a little harsher than before.

"If youse upset, than it is my business. Youse like another brother to me!"

"I ain't your brother, Will is. Go talk to him and leave me alone!" Spot stood up and shooed the boy towards the door.

Dimples frowned thoughtfully at Spot, then moved toward him, wrapping his small arms around Spot's waist.

"What are youse doin'?" Spot sputtered, muscles tensing at the unfamiliar act.

"Giving you a hug," Dimples replied cheerfully.

Spot tried you pry the boy's arms off of him, but Dimples held him tighter, refusing to be moved. "Why?"

"You looked like you needed one. My mother used to tell Will and me that hugs make everybody feel better."

Spot slowly relaxed and patted Dimples' back carefully. The boy let go a minute later and shot Spot a blinding grin.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks kid," Spot smiled softly.

"No problem," Dimples chirped.

"How about you go down and talk to your brother now," Spot suggested. Dimples opened his mouth to argue, but Spot held up a finger causing the boy to snap his mouth shut. "I think he'll get jealous if youse stay up here all day, don't you?"

"I guess so," Dimples said, giving in reluctantly.

"I'm sure Will would love a hug," Spot added with a smirk.

"Really?"

"Really."

Spot grinned as Dimples gave him a wave and hurried down the stairs.

"I'll see ya later Spot!"

***

A day and a half had passed and Race had appeared to have forgotten his fight with Spot, he seemed to once again be his carefree self.

He'd made an apology to all of the boys the night he got back and all the boys had forgiven him instantly. They weren't in the practice of holding grudges against each other, and by the end of his speech Race had Romeo's arm slung over his shoulder as Elmer and Henry excitedly told him everything he'd missed, until Albert had pushed them away to tell him a joke that he'd heard from men working in a less than virtuous establishment, a joke that made Jojo's ears burn and caused Tommy and Sniper to turn tomato red.

After a couple of minutes of him speaking to Buttons, you wouldn't have suspected that anything had ever happened between them.

Jojo and Race seemed closer than ever and had barely gone anywhere without the other.

Race was afraid to leave Jojo, he didn't want his friend to feel abandoned like he must have the few days Race was gone. Jojo on the other hand accepted partial responsibility for Race's mistake, noting that if he'd been a better friend he would have noticed Race's troubles, and he never would have left in the first place.

The result was that the two seemed to be glued together, and were being teased mercilessly about how they'd turned into schoolgirls. The two shrugged it off, usually delivering a more than stinging response, though it was all in good fun.

All the boys had others that they were closer with, guys that they spent more of their time with, so they understood and didn't really care that Race and Jojo were spending all of their time together. It didn't bother anyone until it  was quarter after twelve and they were awoken by the two of them attempting to stifle their laughter.

They kept whispering back and forth until half past one when Albert, having been awoken for the third time, dug around under his bed for a second before finding one of his boots, which he proceeded to throw in the direction of their bunk.

It'd been a lucky throw, and he'd connected with Jojo's head, which had of course led to more laughter from Race, which woke up more boys. After receiving several threats from the exhausted boys, Jojo and Race had decided to call it a night, and their annoyed, yet grateful, brothers quickly dropped off.

Race was pretty far at his good fortune, he'd been lucky to have all of his friendships restored so quickly and he acknowledged that. As he ate breakfast the next morning, he glanced around at all the boys who were laughing and talking, and he smiled.

He was awfully lucky indeed.

***

"How you feelin' about the fight tomorrow?" Crutchie asked Jack quietly.

Jack shrugged. "I ain't gonna say I'm not worried. I ain't gonna lie to you."

Crutchie nodded, chewing nervously on his thumb nail. "We gonna win?"

"'Course we will!" Jack said firmly.

"Then it'll all be over, right Jack?"

"Then it'll be over," Jack agreed. "Theyse only outta control 'cause Hook's crazy and thinks he's stronger than he actually is."

"You think anyone's gonna die?" Crutchie spoke after a brief moment of thought.

Jack took a second to consider, then sighed. "It's a possibility Crutch."

Crutchie's face fell. "I don't know if wese can handle losin' another boy Jack."

"I ain't plannin' on lettin' that happen, I just wanted you to know that it might."

"I wanna help."

"That's not goin' to happen," Jack immediately replied. "I ain't gonna let you go. You saw what happened during the strike. I ain't lettin' you get hurt again."

"I need to help you guys Jack! i can't let my family go fight while I sit and hide."

"You ain't leavin' the lodge Crutch."

"I didn't ask to! I just want to help out somehow," Crutchie argued.

"And by stayin' here you'll put my mind at ease. that's enough help for me."

Crutchie wasn't impressed. His lips were pursed and Jack knew he needed to backtrack.

"How about this, youse stay at the lodge with Tommy and Snipes and make sure they don't try nothin' stupid. Then when we get back, youse can help Specs clean up anyone who gets hurt."

Crutchie wanted to do more than that, he really did want to be helping his brothers fight, but he knew it wasn't a good idea.

Crutchie wasn't helpless. He knew how to fight and his crutch came in handy in big fights, but he still hadn't recovered completely from the refuge. He hadn't regained full ability in either of his legs and he the Bronx boys were vicious. Crutchie knew that at that point in time, he couldn't hold his own against any of them.

"Sounds good."

Jack threw an arm over Crutchie's shoulder. "Thanks," he said, voice overflowing with relief. "Youse the best."

Crutchie grinned. "I know."

***

"Les? Les, can I come in?" Davey asked, softly knocking on the door to their bedroom. Lately Les had taken to shutting himself in there as soon as they got back from selling.

Davey listened intently, ear pressed against the door, but he received no response. Davey sighed and pushed the door open. He rolled his eyes when he noticed Les, who was laying face down on his bed, head buried in a pillow.

"Go away," Les said, voice muffled.

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me," Davey replied. He sat down on the bed next to Les rubbed his back, trying to soothe the boy. Les shoved his hand away and scooted closer to the wall, away from Davey. "Stop that Les. You're being immature."

"I don't care!"

"Why are you mad at me?"

Les sat up, glaring at Davey. His eyes were red-rimmed and his face was stained with tears. "Because you ruined everything!"

"What did I ruin?"

"You made us stop seeing Jack and the others! You didn't ask me if I wanted to stop seeing them, you just made up your mind and didn't even give me a say!"

"I don't have to," Davey responded calmly.

"Yes you do! We're in America and America's a demography!"

"Democracy," Davey corrected. "And that doesn't matter. I'm older than you. That means that I know better than you. I had reasons, Les. You don't understand right now, but someday you will. I miss them too, but I'm doing this for you. You'll see."

"No I won't. You're doing this because you're scared."

"No I'm not!"

Davey was doing it for Les, he knew that. He wouldn't abandon the boys for nothing!

"Why can't you just be brave like you were during the strike?"

Davey paused, at a loss for words. Les took that as a cue to keep talking.

"I wanted to be just like you! But now I don't, because now you're forgetting our friends because you're scared of getting hurt! You're trying to run away! You-"

"That's enough Lester!" Davey exclaimed. "Nothing that you're saying is true!"

"Just 'cause you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean it isn't true, David."

Davey got up from the bed, flustered. "You're not leaving this room until dinner," he said quietly.

"I don't care!"

Davey searched desperately for something to say in response, and coming up with nothing, he settled for slamming the door shut. As soon as it closed he flinched and pressed his hands against the door.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled as he searched for any cracks. If he ruined the door his mother would kill him.

On the other side of the door Les flung himself back onto the bed, collapsing into another wave of tears.

***

It was a normal afternoon for the boys. A few were still out, but most had arrived at the lodge and had started their normal games and activities.

Race ha started up a card game, per usual, and Jojo had helped him convince the other boys that putting money into a pot for the winner was a good idea. Jojo knew he'd lose his money, but he also knew that Race would win it, and Jojo loved when race won.

Every time Race won a game, providing he'd won enough money, he would head to a bakery after selling the next day and he'd buy a nice pastry. Then he'd find Jojo and the two of them would slip into an alley and split the treat before heading back to the lodge.

They were crowded around the table, shoulder to shoulder as they played. Crutchie was at the other end of the room refereeing a game of Ringer.

It had originally been a match between Tommy Boy and Sniper, but then the two started arguing. Jack had heard the fighting and tried to step in and end it before they got out of control. When he learned that the fight was about which one of them was actually better, they'd each won a game, Jack had started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Sniper had asked indignantly. To he and Tommy a game of Ringers was a big deal, not something to laugh at.

It took Jack a second before he had calmed down enough to respond. "You two think that you're the best, but Ise better than both of you!" He'd said cockily.

After a gutsy, "Prove it," from Tommy Boy, Jack had flashed them a smirk and headed up the stairs. He'd reappeared a minute later and had held up a small sack of marbles, waving it in front of them. Then he'd knelt next to them and began to play.

He'd proceeded to win three times in a row and grinned triumphantly as Tommy and Sniper begged Crutchie to oversee the matches, convinced that Jack must have somehow been cheating.

Meanwhile, at the cards table, things were getting heated as the amount of cards in Race's hand dwindled and boys began playfully making pointed comments about that game's 'cheater'.

"One seven," Elmer said lazily, dropping a card onto the growing pile.

"One eight," Specs said, tossing his own card on top of Elmer's. He subtly glanced around the table, waiting to see if anyone would challenge him. No one did, and Finch took his turn.

"Two nines."

No more than a second after, Race smirked up at him and calmly said, "Cheat."

"Go ahead and check," Specs said.

Race flipped over the first card, a nine. Then he turned over the second to reveal a four.

Race grinned as he pushed the stack of cards over to Finch who groaned, but laughed along amiably.

"The only thing I don't like about you bein' here," Elmer grinned. "You can't let nobody else win, not even once!"

"What's the use in that? None of you will get any better if I let youse win all the time! I'm helpin' you-"

The door flew open, banging against the wall. Jack looked up, startled, from his place on the floor.

Romeo rushed into the room with Albert. The two of them were carrying something. Upon a closer look, Jack realized that what they'd been dragging was actually Buttons.

A few boys rushed forward and took the boy from them.

"Get him upstairs!" Specs ordered.

Elmer nodded and he, along with Jojo and Henry, hurried up the stairs with Buttons, Specs following right behind them.

"What happened?" Jack asked Romeo, who stopped in front of him. Jack was now standing tall as he tried to take charge of the situation.

"I was-I was just walkin' and I heard 'em. They was hittin' 'em and Buttons, he wasn't, he was just lyin' there and I-"

Romeo was pushed to the side, nearly falling, by Albert who stumbled towards Jack. Albert grabbed Jack's collar, pulling him closer, and Jack could see that he had been crying.

"It was so bad Jack!" Albert wailed. "There was so many of 'em! We tried to fight 'em off, but, but we just couldn't! Jack, I think," Albert paused, choking back a sob. "I think B-Button is g-gonna die!"

The dam burst, and tears began to stream down Albert's cheeks, which were littered with cuts and newly bruising skin. His eyes were puffy, though Jack wasn't sure if that was due to the bawling or if it was hinting at black eyes.

The boys left in the room watched in shock at the unrestrained emotion pouring from Albert. This was the boy who they'd never seen cry, the one who made fun of 'criers' unless they had what he deemed a 'suitable cause', the one who was disappointed when other boys got in fights because he was 'missing all the fun'. This was the boy who had once actively sought out a fight, and now he was standing in front of all of them, shamelessly bawling like a baby, in the biggest fit of hysterics any of the boys had ever witnessed.

Albert suddenly quieted down and swayed back and forth for a few seconds, face white and legs trembling, before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed onto the ground.

Race scrambled over the table and grabbed Albert under the shoulders, starting to carry him towards the stairs. Finch moved to grab Albert's ankles and the two took the steps up toward their room where Albert could also be treated.

Romeo's breathing had picked up and he was clutching at the table as he watched Albert's form disappear.

"Woah, hey, calm down Rome, unless you want to pass out too," Jack said, rubbing the boy's shoulder.

Romeo took a few deep breaths and Jack helped him into a chair. "Why don't youse tell me what happened."

"I found 'em when I was comin' back here. There were four or five of 'em. Buttons was already down, he wasn't movin' at all. Some kid kicked him in the head, he didn't flinch or cry, nothin'! He was layin' up against the wall, I figured Albert had found a second to drag him over there. Al was standin' 'tween them and Buttons. He was doin' his best Jack, but there was too many!"

"I'm sure he was doin' his best," Jack assured.

"He took a few good hits. He was gettin' tired, I knew he couldn't fight 'em off much longer. I stepped in to help. I, I hit 'em with a board. I know we ain't s'posed to fight dirty, but it was my only choice Jack!" Romeo said trying to defend himself.

"Don't worry, I don't blame youse," Jack said quickly. "You did the right thing. Then what happened?"

"They left. Said it was a message for you. I didn't care much what they was sayin', I grabbed Buttons and wese left. I wanted to get outta there 'fore they changed their minds or Albert passed out too. I knew I wouldn't be able to carry both of 'em."

"Okay, thanks Romeo," Jack said, squeezing Romeo's hand. "I'll take care of this, don't you worry."

***

"How is he?" Jack asked Specs as the boys crowded around Buttons' bed. A few were sitting with Albert, but the boy had woken up a few minutes after his fainting spell and had insisted that Buttons was the priority and that they should sit with him.

"He's fine. He woke up for a minute or two. He was talkin' good enough, just needs some sleep."

"Good," Jack muttered. "Boys! Doc says theyse gonna be fine! Time for bed."

They boys all started grumbling and complaining as they reluctantly dispersed, until Race remembered something.

"Guys! The big fight's tomorrow! Wese gotta be rested so we can get revenge!"

This raised a loud cheer and they shot around the room, hastily changing into their nightclothes, and nearly jumping into their beds.

Jack was the one of the only boys who wasn't excited at the though. Crutchie worriedly met his eyes as Jack's face grew dark.

Jack lay awake in bed long after the other boys had fallen asleep. He stared up at the ceiling, thinking over Romeo's earlier words.

Said it was a message for you.

A message for you.

They were soaked so they could be a message.

Jack's mind drifted back to an earlier meeting with Hook and he knew what he had to do.

***

Jack was angry as he approached Hook's lair the next afternoon. He was enraged, but he was under control unlike the last time he'd come.

He wasn't here to anger Hook further. That would only lead to bad things for his boys.

"Mr. Kelly! I had a feeling I'd see you today. What can I do you for? Anything in-"

"We're out."

Hook blinked, eyes widening at Jack's statement. "What?"

"You win. Me and my boys, wese out. We ain't goin' to the fight today."

Slowly a smirk spread across Hook's face, stretching the scar unnaturally and making him look even more grotesque. "I knew that you'd come to your senses Kelly. Brick, make sure all the boys know that not one boy from 'Hattan is to get hurt," Hook ordered. "Would you like someone to escort you back to your borough?"

Jack could hear the mocking tone slip into Hook's voice though the boy remained straight-faced. His lip curled in disgust as he shook his head.

"I'm fine on my own."

"Ain't youse forgettin' something?" Hook asked as Jack moved to leave. At Jack's hesitation Hook groaned. "Ain't you got manners?"

Jack didn't want to say it, he really, truly didn't, but he had no choice. Hook had just promised to leave his boys alone, the last thing Jack needed was for him to go back on that.

"Thank you," he spat, the words tasting bitter on his tongue.

"You're welcome," Hook replied cheerily. "You can go now."

Jack didn't need to be told twice.

***

All of the boys were ready by the time Jack arrived back at the lodging house. Albert and Buttons were staying back with Crutchie and the younger boys, though Albert had insisted that he was fine, which had been disproved when he tried to stand and immediately fell over.

"Jack! We've been waitin' for ya! Hurry up! We gotta go soon!" Elmer said, checking the cracked face of the lodging house clock.

"About that," Jack started cautiously. "After yesterday I've realized that fightin' today ain't in our best interest, so we ain't doin' it."

The boys looked around at each other in confusion.

Specs spoke up first. "What do ya mean Jack?"

"Did you switch it to some other time?" Finch asked.

"No you guys, I said we ain't doin' it ever."

That was all it took for the boys to break into arguments.

"We can't quit!"

"We promise!"

"What about Brooklyn?"

"If they beat Brooklyn, they'll never leave us alone!"

"Why would you do that?"

It was that question from Race, which sounded more like a calm accusation, that caught Jack's attention.

"Ise tryin' to protect all of you. If we fight, you guys might get hurt, maybe even killed."

"So youse gonna let Brooklyn get killed, and that's okay?"

"Race, I don't want Brooklyn to get hurt, but in the end they ain't my boys. I'd rather it be them than you."

"Jack, you promised! Don't your word mean nothin'?" Race's face was growing red, his hands clenched into fists at his sides.

"Yes, but all of you mean more," Jack raised his voice to match Race's and the other boys watched uneasily.

"What's to say his boys won't keep beatin' us in the streets?"

"He promised that they'd stop. I watched him give the order."

Race let out an incredulous laugh, slowly shaking his head. "Youse a liar and youse stupid!" He exclaimed. "You actually believed him? I met the guy too, and the fact that you believe even one word that comes outta his mouth shows me that you're losin' it too!"

With that, Race turned on his heel and headed out the door, Jojo following him.

"Race, stop!" Jojo called, stopping at the top of the stairs.

Race looked up at him. "What?"

"Where are you going?"

"Brooklyn."

"Why?" Jojo asked, voice ringing with alarm.

"To fight like I promised! You comin'?"

Jojo looked back at the lodging house, then at Race. "I don't know."

Race sighed. "It's okay, I ain't forcin' ya."

"I just think that maybe Jack has a point. It'll be safer to stay back and let Brooklyn sort it out."

"If that's how you feel," Race shrugged, trying to hide the betrayal he felt coursing through him.

"Race, you might get hurt if you go. I think youse should stay. I couldn't stand it if something happened to you while you were there."

"I don't have a choice Jojo! They're my friends!"

"So are we!"

"Yeah, but they're in trouble!"

"When are you comin' back?"

"I don't know. I ain't happy with Jack right now, maybe a week or two."

Jojo, realizing that Race was serious, grew more desperate. "Please don't leave," he pleaded softly.

"That ain't an option for me," Race said softly.

"So that's it? Youse just gonna abandon the boys again? I thought you said you was done lettin' me down!"

Race pulled his cap down over his curls and shrugged. "I guess it's hard to stop doin' the one thing you're good at."

Jojo's mouth dropped open in shock and he hurried down the steps, grabbing Race's arm and turning him around.

"That ain't true, I didn't mean it like that! I just, I mean, just please don't go. Please."

"Give me one good reason to stay," Race said firmly, his blue eyes steely.

Jojo racked his brain for a second, then the word slipped out. "Me."

Jojo regretted it as soon as he said it. They might have been 'brothers', but if all of the other boys combined wasn't enough to convince Race, than why would he even think that he could?

But... it seemed to be working.

Race's eyes softened as they met Jojo's and he thought for a second, biting his lip. Then his eyes closed and he let out a sigh, slowly shaking his head as though brushing away the thought.

"I'm sorry Jo, that's not enough."

Race turned again and began to leave.

Jojo stared after him, frozen. His brain was numb, he couldn't breathe, it felt like his heart had stopped.

"Race! Wait!"He cried, his voice breaking, but the boy didn't even glance back over his shoulder.

Race turned the corner at the end of the street and Jojo sunk to his knees. He'd lost him.

Jojo thought back over the quick conversation they'd had and he wanted to kick himself. He'd been crazy to offer himself as a reason for Race to stay in Manhattan. He knew how things were, he wasn't blind. Race would always choose Spot over him, every single time without fail.

Even if Spot weren't in the equation, Race still would've left. Like he'd said, Jojo simply wasn't enough. He'd never been enough. Not for his mother who'd dropped him off with nuns rather than take care of him, not for the nuns who constantly punished him nor the children who avoided him or constantly teased him, and certainly not for Race who had to rely on Spot Conlon or alcohol in order to feel happy.

The day Jojo had met Race was the best day of his life. It was the first day he'd gone to bed truly happy. He'd been excited to wake up the next day and start his new life. Race was the first friend he'd ever had, the first person who had ever cared about him.

Maybe that was why it hurt so much.

Because as Jojo sat there, stones digging into his knees and hot tears streaming steadily down his face, Jojo was sure that he'd never felt pain like this ever before.

And he really hoped that he'd never feel it again.

***

Hey guys! Sorry about the long wait! With school in session I may only be able to update once a week. I hope you understand!

Anyway... How was it? Okay?

This is the longest chapter I've ever written(4895 words)! I also am feeling kinda pressed to get this updated, so it's not very well edited, just a heads up!

But, that was also the end of Part 2! I've only got seven chapter left for this book(including the epilogue)! Thanks to all of you who have stuck with me this far!

Love ya and stay gold!
-Anna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 612 55
Welcome to The World Highschool. This is in the POV of mostly Crutchie, Jack, and Davey. Watch as they struggle though highschool and all its challen...
3.2K 76 13
Crutchie is just another kid trying to make it on the streets. He doesn't have a family but his dream is to become a Newsie. Day after day of beating...
193K 4.9K 42
the coughing in the middle of the night had scared you enough, but here she was in broad daylight, practically dying. after your mother falls ill, y...
1.6K 48 22
"Jack why's do I have ta come?" Race questions. "Because Racer, your my second which means you have ta come ta meetings and that includes Brooklyn."...