The Eternal Valkyrie

Par Vala411

Endless conflict, a stolen spear, betrayal. The world she grew up in was not fair. The world she died in was... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 13

2.3K 90 41
Par Vala411

"So...." Stormfly said to Toothless as their hosts kept kissing. Astrid snuck a hand through Hiccup's auburn tresses as she pulled him closer. None of the two paying any attention to the dragons.

"So what?" Toothless asked perplexed. "I would tell them to get a room but they're already in one."

"No that is not what I meant." Stormfly replied causing Toothless to sport a clueless look on his face. "I meant, shall we do something now that our hosts are.... occupied?"

"Ehh....Ehh..... Wait what are you actually suggesting?" Toothless asked.

"Now don't play coy." Stormfly said suggestively. "Why should our hosts be the only ones getting some?"

"Oh my god!! You mean.....!!" Toothless screeched looking completely flustered.

Toothless thankfully was saved from answering when the door bursted opened and Fishlegs came in shouting "Hiccup you need to see th-OH" He stopped, going completely red from embarrassment, as he looked at Astrid and Hiccup who had quickly broken their kiss to stare at who dared to interrupt them.

"Oh... A... Eh..." Fishlegs stammered as Astrid and Hiccup also blushed at being walked in on. "S...Should I come back later?" he stuttered but Hiccup shook his head.

"What's wrong Fish?" Hiccup asked as he had noticed the panicked look the other was sporting.

"You aren't going to like it." Fishlegs mumbled.

"What's wrong Fish?" Hiccup repeated as both he and Astrid began following him downstairs where he saw the others gathered around the television.

"-I repeat new information has surfaced which suggests that this tragedy that has befallen Berk was the work of these suspects. Authorities have confirmed that there is currently a BOLO out for their arrest and questioning about their involvement in the mass distribution of hallucinogens to the public and the subsequent bombing which has destroyed nearly a quarter of the city leaving hundreds of thousands homeless, injured or dead." A newscaster reported on the television and Hiccup froze as he saw that he and his friends were wanted by the police.

"This can't be happening." Hiccup groaned as the others turned to stare at him. "How can they relate the appearance of a mountainous dragon to mass hallucinations?!!"

"It looks like The Society is making us the scapegoats. They'll try to sweep this entire thing under the rug." Stoick told the group. "They have people in very high positions."

"Great just what we needed!!" Snotlout wailed. "I'm too beautiful to go to prison!"

"Hey sis" Tuffnut said as the twins watched Snotlout panic. "Has he ever looked in a mirror?"

"Beats me." Ruffnut shrugged.

"And this makes leaving the country much more difficult indeed. Three groups are now after us." Hiccup muttered as all turned to look at him.

"Leaving the country?" Several asked perplexed.

"I had a little chat with Odin." Hiccup told them and translated for Astrid who's eyes widened. "He told me that we'll find everything we need at her final resting place."

"Did you just say that you talked to Odin?!" Stoick asked surprised.

"I think the lad might have hit his head." Gobber mumbled.

"Hiccup are you alright?" Fishlegs asked tentatively.

"He might have a concussion." Valka who had been silent up till now added.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" Snotlout asked waving his hand in front of Hiccup.

"Reanimated Viking mummy right here!!" He gestured dramatically to Astrid who snorted at his antics.

"He does have a point." Fishlegs conceded at that. "We passed the bar of weird and impossible a while ago."

"And what do you mean about three groups lad?" Gobber now asked. "I thought it was only that weird group your parents joined and the police."

"Well it seemed that Dagur didn't know Camicazi." Hiccup stated. "So we can assume that someone else is also interested in Astrid's items. Where is Dagur anyway?" He then asked not seeing the crazy man.

"We threw him in the bathroom when he tried to make a run for it." The twins proclaimed proudly.

"Did you lock the bathroom door?" Hiccup asked the beaming twins.

"Of course my brother locked it." Ruffnut huffed.

"I thought you locked it." Tuffnut said.

"What! I told you to lock it!" Ruffnut shouted before headbutting her brother.

"So no one locked it?!" Hiccup yelled before dashing off in the direction of the bathroom. He yanked the door open to see that the window above the toilet was open and that Dagur seemed to have crawled out of it. Hiccup cursed in every language he knew, which were a lot, and Fishlegs blushed when he understood a few of the chinese ones.

"Well this sucks." Snotlout muttered.

"Hiccup" Astrid suddenly said. "Did Dagur not realize that the door was left unlocked?" This caused Hiccup to stop and look at Astrid before he broke out in uncontrollable laughter.

Once Hiccup was done laughing he looked to see the others watching him curiously. He waved them off when his stomach growled loudly.

"I think we could all use some grub." Gobber said as he proceeded to the kitchen. "I'll do the cooking."

"Wait, aren't you worried that they'll find us now that Dagur has escaped?" Fishlegs asked to which Gobber shrugged.

"We still have some time with the city being in chaos." Gobber shrugged. "And it's no use thinking on an empty stomach." He said patting his belly.

"So...." Snotlout said as he sat next to Fishlegs and opposite to Hiccup and Astrid on the couch. The twins took a seat on the carpet while Stoick and Valka sat on the ottoman. Gobber was in the kitchen area but could still hear them.

"So...." Hiccup said while looking at everyone.

"So...." Snotlout said again as he laced his fingers together while staring at Hiccup and Astrid.

"Will you just come out and ask!" Fishlegs grumbled next to him. "We've all been wanting to know more!!"

"Alright alright!!" Snotlout muttered as the twins laughed at him. "So who was that crazy hot chick, what was that giant dragon, the whole shooting fireballs thing and what was that you said about Odin?"

"Wauw, Snotman actually asked what we were all thinking." Tuffnut laughed.

"Wait what did you think I was going to ask?" Snotlout grumbled.

"If the crazy hot chick was single." Ruffnut giggled as she winked at Snotlout. This caused the others to roll their eyes.

"Is that why you guys let me go first?" Snotlout questioned.

"Well.... Yeah." Ruffnut admitted. "We have to get our kicks somewhere."

Hiccup was translating everything for Astrid who rolled her eyes and then said "I don't mind them knowing about Camicazi now or the Dragon ring. It actually would be better if they did know."

"That crazy hot chick as you called her is Camicazi, my former childhood friend and the one who literally stabbed me in the back." Hiccup translated as Astrid explained.

"Wait you mean...." The twins mumbled in unison.

Astrid continued. "She became one of my generals and was the first to volunteer to help me on my journey. We grew up together and when my family was killed, it was her and one other who helped me survive. My village was in the midst of war and no one wanted to take in an orphan. It would simply have been another mouth to feed for them."

Hiccup's eyes and everybody else's widened as he translated. "I'm so sorry Astrid. No one should ever have to go through all of that."

"Wait" Fishlegs suddenly interjected. "How can she still be alive? Don't tell me that she's a reanimated corpse as well!!" He squeaked.

"I don't think so." Astrid told them. "My generals were in possession of my Amulet of Life when I was dying and the other items were scattered. It grants longevity and it could be that they found a way to utilize the effects for both of them."

"Woa, so she's at least 13 centuries old." Tuffnut suddenly said and then looked at Snotlout in wonder. "I didn't know you were into cougars!" He exclaimed causing Snotlout to go beat red.

"Can we please move on!" Snotlout shouted causing the twins to high-five.

"Right.... Eh..." Hiccup said. "Astrid, maybe we should move on to the dragons."

"I'm assuming something embarrassing happened." She surmised as she watched Snotlout wave his fist threateningly at the twins.

"Yeah. I'll fill you in later."

"You better. Your friends are amusing." Astrid laughed before she had Hiccup translate the following part. "I gave Camicazi that dragon you all saw with the help of the Dragon ring, although she didn't use to be so big. I can only guess that living for so long has caused her to turn into an Alpha."

"An Alpha?" Fishlegs asked. "Why am I getting a bad feeling?"

"An Alpha is faster, stronger, and smarter than other dragons. They also have the ability to control and command other dragons."

"Which would explain why your attacks had no effect." Fishlegs guessed.

"The dragons themselves can also leant their powers to the humans they inhabit, giving them powers like fireballs, spikes, poison, acid. They usually stay in the tattoos on a human's body."

The room was looking astonished at Astrid's explanation while Gobber came out with the food. "Dig in everybody!"

"So son, would you mind explaining the Odin thing?" His father asked curiously.

"Right" Hiccup said. "It actually wasn't the first time I met Odin, although to be fair at that time I had no idea who he was. I ended up saving him from getting run over and he gave me the Dragon ring. I suddenly see him again in my dreams and he tells me that we'll find everything we need near her final resting place."

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" His mother now asked.

"I don't think so." Hiccup mumbled. "But what have we got to lose. We have no other leads to the other items and Odin did say that we'll be needing them."

"Okay Hiccup assuming that you really did meet Odin" Fishlegs began. "Which final resting place did he mean?"

"I'm assuming it is near where ever my parents found Astrid." Hiccup said and then looked curiously at them.

"Norway, on one of the islands." His father supplied.

"So I guess Norway is where we need to go." Hiccup stated.

"Hiccup might I point out a tiny problem with that." Fishlegs said. "We are currently wanted fugitives, whom people think are responsible for destroying a big part of Berk. Our pictures are plastered all over the news and I highly doubt that we wouldn't get lynched if we took three steps out of here."

"Fishlegs you can breathe now." Hiccup said as Fishlegs released a deep breath. "Toothless, my dragon, has been going on and on in the back of my head that he can fly us to Norway undetected."

"Stormfly can as well." Astrid stated.

"Wait! We're not letting you two go alone!" Valka suddenly exclaimed. The others all nodded.

"Eh....." Hiccup said before telling Astrid what had gotten the group in such a tizzy.

"I could grant your friends dragons." Astrid suggested. "They seem weird but I am more than willing to trust them. Your parents however Hiccup, I still do not fully trust."

Hiccup nodded. He could understand that. Afterall, his parents were part of a cult bent on getting world dominating powers by using Astrid. He then turned to the group who was now bickering on ways to get to Norway. The twins even proposed building a tunnel.

"Guys" Hiccup said trying to get their attention however it didn't work.

"Oh allow me" Toothless said before he materialized in his small form on the table. Toothless then let out a loud roar causing everybody to look at the little smug dragon on the table incredulously.

"Everyone, Toothless. Toothless, everyone." Hiccup quickly introduced.

"So..... I'm guessing that wasn't a plush toy?" Snotlout hesitantly mumbled as the dragon let out a growl in his direction.

"Astrid made a suggestion which should get everybody to Norway." Hiccup told them. "Get ready because you are all going to learn to fly!" He then exclaimed.

"WAIT WHAT?!" The room shouted as a collective.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

25.9K 589 27
High school sweethearts Hiccup and Astrid were a power couple. Nothing could get between them. Well, except for graduation. From lives in Scandinavia...
69.1K 2.6K 42
When the freedom of the world is threatened, its fate shall rest in the hands of a band of misfits and their dragons. (Daily updates)
4.7K 87 20
Hiccup and Astrid, childhood bestfriends, get separated for 5 long years when Stoick sends Hiccup off to boarding school. They both part ways with un...
116K 3.8K 59
History, written by the victors could have some serious consequences. Find out what will happen to our heroes as the plot thickens. (Daily updates)