Sweet Temptation (B×B) [Book...

By Squidtcyc

"Sorry, Sir! I'm really sorry!" The small figure apologised repeatedly as he stood frozen in his spot. "It's... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
New Book!!!

Chapter 6

70.1K 2.6K 1.3K
By Squidtcyc

QOTD: Where are my fellow readers from? I'm from Singapore :)

Matthew's POV:

"Class, once you're done selecting your item, please go to the cashiers to pay for your items. Understand?" A woman around her forties instructed to a group of children as they listened to her intently.

"Yes Mrs Day!" They chorused in union making her smile.

"Good. Now run along kids. Remember to stay in your pairs!" They cheered, splitting into pairs quickly before rushing down the aisle.

"Class trip?" I asked curiously as she leaned against the railing beside my register.

"Yup. They're learning how to pay for their items and learning to count their correct change." She says proudly as she glanced at me with warm eyes.

"I suppose that you're a teacher from the childcare down the road?"

"Yup! No offence but...what is a student like you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in school? You're 16 right?" She asked hesitantly as she scanned me from top to toe quickly making me chuckle.

"None taken. I'm 25 this year actually." I chuckled when she stared at me with mouth open in disbelief.

"25?! I thought that you're 16! You look so young and student-like! Oops! Sorry sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude."

"It's alright. No worries." I laughed lightly before taking the candy and money from one of the kids once he has chosen what he wanted.

"Here you go love. Here's your change." I handed him a 10 cent and his sweet which he took carefully from me.

"Thank you b-brother." He says shyly before running to his teacher's side.

"You're welcome." He smiled slightly before hiding behind Mrs Day...if I heard correctly...

"Hey Michael, can you call the rest to come and pay now? We have to go back to school already so that your parents can pick you all up on time."

"Okay Mrs Day!" He replied cutely before running back between the shelves calling his friends to come and pay.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Is everyone here already?"

"Yes Mrs Day!"

"Okay! Everyone, let's say thank you to all the cashiers here who've helped you before we go. Okay?"

"Okay Mrs Day. THANK YOU brothers and sisters!" They shouted loudly before walking out of the supermarket in two rows. They're so cute!

"Matt, it's your break time now. I'll take over you today. Misty has taken leave today." John, one of the staff here, announced as he put on his badges.

"Okay. Thanks John." Removing my badges, I saw a little boy looking cluelessly around in fear as he stood alone near the drinks section.

Walking over to him, he looked up in tears as he clenched a box of instant hot chocolate in his little arms. "Hey there buddy. Are you lost?"

"I-I can't find my c-class..." He sniffled as more tears flowed down his rosey cheeks.

"Shhh. Don't cry buddy. I'll take you back to school okay? I know where your childcare is."

"Really?" I nodded as he smiled widely while wiping his tears away with his small fists. Awwww...so cute! "Oh! You're the pretty guy!" He exclaimed suddenly after he wiped his tears away. Pretty guy?

"What do you mean buddy?"

"Did you buy hot chocolate for yourself? I put a note for you to buy yourself a cup of hot chocolate. It was cold and you looked cold. Daddy says that hot chocolate helps to warm one up. I wanted to buy this for you in case you are cold again." He held up the box to me excitedly making my tears fall at his words. That's the first time in the 7 years anyone has ever cared for me. I can't believe my saviour is actually this little angel.

"Thank you buddy but it's alright. Why don't you choose something for yourself?" He nodded before putting the packet of hot chocolate back before grabbing two boxes of strawberry biscuits on sale and handling it over to the cashier quickly along with his money.

"Let's go back shall we?" I carried him up while he wrapped his arms around my neck securely. I was walking extra carefully as the ground was filled with snow and extremely slippery.

"What's your name bud?" I asked after a few minutes. His warm breath against my neck felt comforting as it provided me with a little warmth from the cold.

"I'm Caydon. You?" He says openly as he stared at me interested.

"Hi Caydon, I'm Matthew." His eyes flew open as he peered at me with amazement.

"Really?! I'm Matthew too!"

"Oh? I thought you said that you're Caydon?"

"Yeah. I'm Caydon Matthew Valentine. My dad calls me Matt but the rest calls me Caydon."

"Oh! I see. That's a very nice name." He blushed lightly, burying his face into my neck.

"Thank you Matty." He beamed widely as he cupped my cheeks with his little hands after removing his woolen gloves. So warm. "Aren't you cold? You're not wearing a jacket. Daddy says that we must wear a jacket when it's snowing."

"I don't have one Cade. But you're keeping me warm so I don't need one." He furrowed his eyebrows adorably as he thought hard about something.

"I'll ask my daddy to buy you one! I can't keep you warm if you leave me so you'll need a jacket."

"It's alright Cade. Oh, we're here. That's Mrs Day right?" I pointed towards the flustered looking Mrs Day as Caydon nodded eagerly. Putting him down gently, he dashed towards Mrs Day, wrapping his arms around her legs, giving her a scare.

"Oh my goodness! You're back Caydon! Are you hurt? Did any bad guy try to take you away?" She asked concerned as she brushed off the imaginary dust off him.

"I'm okay Mrs Day! Matty brought me back!"

"Thank goodness! I was close to calling your father. Thank you young lad." She thank me profusely as Caydon walked back to me.

"Thank you for bringing me back Matty. This is for you." He handed me one of the boxed biscuits which he bought just now.

"It's alright Cade-"

"Please take it Matty. Pleaseeee?" He gave me the puppy eyes, making me groan in defeat at his adorability. 

"Okay...Thanks Cade." Bending down, I opened my arms to him which he gladly ran into.

"You're welcome. You'll see me next time?" He questions hesitantly as he buried his head into the crook of my neck.

"Yeah, I will." He smiled brightly before walking back to Mrs Day.

"Bye Matty!"

"Bye Cade." He waved wildly before walking into his childcare with Mrs Day by his side.

I wish I can have a son like him one day...That's if if I can ever get to fall in love at the first place...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 23.1K 104
It was supposed to be an easy job. Get the phone and run like hell. Make a few hundred bucks for food, a nice hot shower, and a warm bed to sleep in...
295K 9.5K 45
"Eat." I ordered as I pressed the spoon against his lips but in return, earned a cold glare from him. Before I knew it, his arm swung out and knocked...
961K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
1.1M 54.1K 92
This story is complete ✅ 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...