Better. [e.d]

By euphoricdolan

Elena moves into a house with a group of people for university. What happens when she falls in love with the... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
continue writing?
Shall I come back?

n i n e t e e n

19.3K 520 910
By euphoricdolan

Chapter 19:

Elena's POV:

1:04 A.M.

After Mario Kart, we moved onto Mortal Kombat and then Just Dance. It was hilarious to watch Grayson and Ethan dancing.

By the time we finished Just Dance, we were all tired out so we sat down and watched a movie.

*

Saturday 6:50 P.M.

"Alright, we're gonna go get outfits for tonight so if you boys wanna head home, feel free," Maya says to the guys as we get up from our table. We had just finished eating dinner at the mall and we were now going to go get outfits for the club tonight to celebrate Ava's birthday. "I don't mind coming with you guys," Grayson says shrugging. "Yeah, we'll come with you guys," Evan says. "Alright, but no complaining," Savannah says.

"I don't see why we need new outfits for tonight," I say. "Well, you need to look hot for Jake, and Ava needs a birthday outfit," Maya says and we walk into a store. "Speaking of Jake, did you let him know we're coming?" Savannah asks. "He didn't pick up when I called him so I texted him but he still hasn't answered," I say shrugging. "It's fine I already called the club earlier and booked the terrace," Maya says.

*

We get out of the car and walk into the club. We walk over to the side and head up the stairs. Once we reach the top, we encounter a couple laying on one of the couches making out.

"Uh, hey get out, we rented this for the night," Savannah yells over the loud music. They both look over at us and that's when I felt my heart drop.

"JAKE?" I yell. "What?" He asks standing up. "What? WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" I yell and walk towards him "WE'RE OVER, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?" "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE'RE OVER?" "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT FUCKED UP! OR SHOULD I SAY FUCKED ETHAN?" HE SAYS. "WHAT?" Ethan and I say at the same time. "I CALLED YOU LAST NIGHT, AND ETHAN PICKED UP AND MADE IT PRETTY CLEAR OF WHAT WAS GOING ON," Jake yells. "WHAT? WE WERE HAVING A GAME NIGHT AND THEN WATCHED A MOVIE! ALSO I DON'T REMEMBER YOU CALLING AT ALL!" "You were asleep," Ethan says from behind me and I turn around to face him. "What happened on the phone?" I ask.

-

Ethan's POV:

Last night, 1:46 A.M.

We were all sitting in the dark watching a movie as Elena was leaned back into the couch and had her head rested on my shoulder. I suddenly heard Elena's phone go off but she didn't bother to move as it rang.

"You gonna get that?" I ask and she doesn't say anything. I looked over at her to see her asleep. I reach over and see it's Jake calling.

"Hello," I say after answering the call.

"Oh, hey Ethan. Is Elena there? I know it's late, but I usually text her around this time." Jake says.

"No man, she's sleeping. I guess she got tired from all the fun we were having."

"What?"

"Yeah, she's sleeping on me right now,"  I say.

"Are you fucking serious dude? I can't believe you!" Jake says angrily.

"What?" I ask.

"Fuck you dude, fuck you and Elena!" He says harshly before hanging up.

Okay...

-

Elena's POV:

Present.

"Wait no, Jake you-" I start but he cuts me off. "I don't have time to listen to this bullshit," he says before walking towards the exit with the girl following him.

"You okay?" Ava asks me and I shrug. "Yeah," I say and everyone moves closer to me. "You sure?" Maya asks and I let out a deep breath. "Yeah, this is all just a big misunderstanding... I was going to end things with him anyway," I say. "Why?" Grayson asks me and I shrug. "Tell us," Evan says. "I just didn't feel as much as he felt for me. I didn't want to hurt him," I say. "You sure you're okay?" Grayson asks. "Seriously, I am," I say and go over to sit down on one of the couches as everyone else follows and takes a seat. I then set my present for Ava on the table in front of me.

We talk for a bit before heading down to the bar. Everyone got up to go dance as I sat at the bar. Ethan walked over to me and sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I shrug. "Ribs feel fine if that's what you're talking about," I say. "No, about Jake," he responds and I twist my stool to face him. "I'm fine, really. I was going to end things with him anyway," I say. "Why?" "Like I said earlier, I don't feel as much as he feels for me," I say before taking a sip from my glass. "How many drinks did you have?" He asks. "Like five," I say shrugging. "Elena, you're not fine and you need to stop drinking, you're on antibiotics, you're going to have a really bad headache." "Ethan, I told you, I'm fine, leave me alone," I say. "You're not fine, stop acting like you are!" I let out a deep breath and turn back to face the bar.

"Elena, it's okay if you're hurt by this," he says after a few seconds. "But I shouldn't be! I was going to end things with him anyway, and he cheated because he assumed I did..." "Still, you had some feelings for him so it makes sense as to why you would be upset to see him with someone else." I look down at the bar and trace my fingers along the pattern on the tile.

"You wanna get out of here? I'm sure Ava will understand," Ethan says a few seconds later. "Yeah," I say before chugging down the last bit of my drink. I get out of the chair to go look for Ava as Ethan follows behind me. I already felt super dizzy and I was bumping into a ton of people as I looked for Ava.

I eventually find her dancing with Maya and some random guy.

"I'm not feeling too well, do you mind if Ethan and I head home early?" I yell over the loud music. "Yeah, it's no problem girl! Hope you feel better soon," she says smiling at me. I thank her and turn around to Ethan and follow him out of the club.

We get out of the building and I'm hit with a cold breeze. Great.

"Mmm, where are we going?" I ask feeling very drowsy. The alcohol is really starting to kick in now. "You wanna go home?" he asks as we walk down the sidewalk. "No." "Where do you wanna go?" "I'm hungry," I say and stumble over my feet and fall on Ethan's shoulder.

"Sorry," I say giggling. "I see the alcohol is getting to you," Ethan says and I laugh some more.

"Where do you want to eat?" He asks. "I want mac n cheeseeeee," I say dragging out the e. "Really?" Ethan asks looking over at me smiling and I nod. He looks ahead still smiling and walks to the car.

Once we get into the car, I grab the seat belt and try to put it into the latch but kept missing causing me to laugh. Ethan grabs it from my hands and puts it in and I laugh again.

"You're a child when you're drunk," he says smiling before starting up the car.

Ethan's POV:

"Where are we going?" Elena asks after a couple minutes of driving. "To the store to get you mac and cheese," I say. "REALLY?" She yells excitedly and I laugh. "Really," I say. "Yessss!" She cheers.

She then turns on the radio and starts moving back and forth in the seat to the beat of the music.

"How drunk are you right now?" I ask and she shrugs. "I'm a lightweight drinker, usually get pretty drunk after three drinks and I've had five in fifteen minutes... so I'm still not at my drunkest point!" She explains. Oh god.

We get to the store and I park my car.

"Will you be fine in here for five minutes alone?" I ask her. "Yes, just leave the window open okay?" "Alright," I say and open up her window half way. "I'll be right back," I say before getting out of the car. 

"AW THERES A PUPPY IN THE CAR!" I hear Elena yell as she looks out the window and into the car next to us where there was a puppy by the window. I let out a laugh before heading in the store and grabbing a few packs of mac and cheese.

Once I get out of the grocery store, I head back to the car. I see Elena's head out of the window yelling at a man next to her. Oh no.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOUR DUMB ASS DOG JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW!" She yells at the man standing by my car and I run over to her.

"What's going on?" I ask. "Your girlfriend over here lost my dog!" The man yells. "NUH-UH! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Elena yells. "I come back to my car and see my dog jumping up at your car and then he ran away! She obviously had something to do with it!" The man says. "AGAIN IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" Elena yells again. "Well, I don't see how this would be her fault in anyway," I say. "She lured him out or something! He would never jump out of the window," he says. "How would she lure him out? This is your fault for leaving your window open." "HA, EXACTLY," Elena yells. "Whatever, fuck this!" He says before leaving.

I get into the car and set the bag of mac and cheese in the back.

"You got my mac and cheese?!" She asks excitedly. "I did," I say and start up the car.

"So, what exactly happened with the dog?" I ask and pull out of the parking lot. "I was just talking to it and it kept barking at me then it just jumped out of the car and kept trying to attack me! Then when its owner came it ran," I explain. "It was trying to attack you?" I ask with an amused smile on my face. "Yeah, it was trying to get in the car and it wouldn't stop barking!" She says and I laugh.

We get home and Elena had fallen about four times trying to just get into the house.

She struggles to take off heels so I bend down and take them off for her. She then runs into the kitchen with me following behind her. She jumps up onto the counter and I set down the bag next to her.

I pull out a pot and fill it up with water before setting it on the stove and turning it on.

I then walk over to Elena as I wait for the water to boil.

"Ethannnn," she slurs. "Yes?" I say and get closer to her. "You're so hot," she sighs. "Really?" I ask with an amused smile on my face. "Mm hm," she hums and traces her finger along the top of my chest in small circles. "You're so muscular and you just look so good in black," she says and grabs the top of my shirt pulling me closer to her so I was now standing in between her legs and up against the counter. "You think so?" I ask. "Yeah, and your lips are so full and soft," she responds and moves her finger up to lips and resting it on the bottom one as she moves closer to me. I hum in response and look down at her lips before back up at her eyes.

"Well, looks like the water is done boiling," I say before walking over to the stove. "Ethannnn," she whines. "What?" I ask. "I wanted to kiss you!" She says. "You're drunk." "So what?" "You're not completely aware of what you're doing and it's known that when you're drunk, people seem more attractive to you," I explain. "I don't care," she says and I laugh. "How about you shut up and let me make your mac and cheese."

*

1:28 A.M.

After Elena ate her mac and cheese, I convinced her to take a shower and head to bed as I did the same. 

I was currently laying in bed on my back just thinking when I suddenly hear my phone go off and I grab it from the night stand next to me. I take it off the charger and turn it on to see Elena texting me.

Elena: Ethannnnn

Me: Yes?

Elena: i wqnt u

Elena: i want to kiss you

Elena: i want to feel ur soft lips on mine agisn

Elena: i dint care about Jake i wanted to bredk up with him bc i want u

Me: Elena, you're drunk stop texting me.

Elena: so wjat???? 

Me: You don't mean any of this

Elena: you don't know that

Me: I do.

Elena: stop being so annoyinh

Me: Goodnight Elena.

Elena: NOOOOO

Me: Yes

Elena: no

Me: Yes

Elena: no

Me: Yes

Elena: no

Me: I'm shutting off my phone now.

I then turn off my phone and put it back on the nightstand. I hear it vibrate every couple seconds but I ignore it. 

*

Elena's POV:

12:26 P.M.

I woke up with a massive headache not wanting to get out of bed so I just continue to lay in bed.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I yell and Ethan walks in with a glass of water.

"Good morning," he says. "Morning," I mumble and sit up groaning. He walks over to me and hands me the water and a pill. I take the medication before washing it down with water.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. "Like shit. My head is pounding," I groan. "You're in that much pain after only five drinks?" "Well yeah, I chugged them down so fast and the antibiotics made me even more drowsy," I explain. "Do you remember anything from last night?" "Well, I remember catching Jake making out with someone... a dog, I think... and uh, that's about it," I say. "Why? Did I do something stupid?" "No, just curious," he says.

"What are your plans for today?" He asks. "Probably just going to go explain to Jake about what happened," I say. "I thought you didn't want to get back together with him." "I don't, but I don't want him to think I cheated on him," I say.

*

After calling Jake multiple times and texting him asking if I can explain everything, he finally agreed to do so. I was currently sitting at the coffee shop that was a couple minutes away from the house waiting for Jake to arrive as Ethan waited in the car for me.

Jake arrived seconds later and sat down at the booth across from me.

"Hey," I say softly. "Just explain," he says sternly. "You took what Ethan said the wrong way. We had game night the night you called and I guess I fell asleep so Ethan picked up the call. "Did he really have to phrase everything the way he did?" "I know it kinda seemed as if we hooked up but do you really think I would do that?" I ask and he lets out a deep breath. "You're right, I'm sorry," he says. "It's fine, this was all just a misunderstanding." "So... where does this leave us?" He asks after a few seconds. "Well, I actually was going to talk to you about us yesterday before what happened." "Really?" He asks. "Yeah... I think we should just end things now before we get serious,"  I say. "What? Why?" "It's just, I don't want to hurt you, Jake. I'm so confused right now so I think it would be best if we stayed friends," I explain. "This is about Ethan, isn't it?" "Why would you-" "I knew Ethan would get in the way of us, that's why I asked if we couldn't see other people for that reason," he says quickly. "I'm sorry, but I-" "No, whatever, I saw this coming. You're-" "Jake!" I say raising my voice and he goes quiet. "Look, I didn't want this to happen either but it did! It wouldn't be right for me and you to be together if I have strong feelings towards someone else. Ethan was there for me when I really needed someone and I couldn't help but develop feelings for him. I'm sorry this happened but I can't control how I feel. You are such an amazing guy, and that's why I have to end things between us. You don't deserve this," I explain. "Yeah," he says looking down at the table. "I'm sorry, Jake. I hope we can still be friends," I say. "Sure," he says blandly before standing up.

"So, I guess I'll see you later," he says. "Yeah.. cya," I say and he walks out of the store. I walk out a few seconds later and get into Ethan's car. I let out a deep breath and relax in the seat.

"How'd it go?" Ethan asks me and I shrug. "Fine, I guess." "You okay?" "I think the reason why I was so upset yesterday was because being cheated on is one of my biggest fears... so seeing it happen was really upsetting," I say. "That makes sense," Ethan responds. "Yeah... It's just, my ex kinda cheated on me so I've had trust issues since." "Kinda cheated?" "Well yeah he cheated and he admitted to it. He said our relationship was too boring and that he met someone else... They had been together for three months and I didn't even know," I say looking down at my hands nervously. "Is this guy serious? Elena, you are so amazing," Ethan starts and I look up at him. "You honestly are and whenever I'm with you I'm always having fun and in such a good mood. That guy is insane and so stupid for letting you go because you are such an incredible, beautiful girl. He has issues if he went for someone else when he had you and I really mean that," Ethan adds and I can feel the heat rushing to my face... "Thanks, Ethan," I say smiling before looking back down so he doesn't notice I'm blushing.

(A/N: took long enough for Ethan and Elena to become single god. but ha yeah i wanted to take things slow BUT DONT WORRY, ETHLENA WILL BE TOGETHER SOOOO! VERY SOON

AND WHAT THE HECK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 60K READS WOAHHH)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 199 14
Grayson and Valerie find themselves both in the hospital after accidents, stuck in comas. They have to decide whether they want to return or pass on...
288K 10.5K 23
in which a girl is in an abusive relationship caused by the death of her boyfriends twin brother - best rankings so far: #3 in fanfiction #6 in youtu...
254K 4.9K 50
addicted to you. - warning: mature content.
687 8 26
Julie is a normal girl, she moved to LA when she lost everything she had in her old life... Things go perfectly until she stumbles upon YouTube famo...