Love....Such A Silly Game We...

By BettieBurton

Melanie (aka Mel) has just moved to Indiana. She, is eighteen and is in her last year of high school. Her mo... More

CHAPTER 1: First Day....First Impressions
CHAPTER 2: Hello There Neighbor!
CHAPTER 3: Saturday Night
CHAPTER 4: Who's Tony?!
CHAPTER 5: The Assignment
CHAPTER 6: I Am Thankful For?!
CHAPTER 7: I Can't Stay Away Anymore
CHAPTER 8: I Have A Confession...
CHAPTER 9: The BEST Weekend Ever!!
CHAPTER 10: Wait....What?....
CHAPTER 11: I Love You!
CHAPTER 12: The Cabin
CHAPTER 13: It's Okay....
CHAPTER 14: Unconditionally
CHAPTER 15: I Love You Not
CHAPTER 16: Not Meant To Be....
CHAPTER 17: Just Around The Corner...
CHAPTER 18: WHAT?!
CHAPTER 19: So....What Now?
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 20: Valentines Day!!

8K 292 22
By BettieBurton

<<MEL>>

        It's been almost a month since I was released from the hospital and I feel like mine and Anthony's relationship is stronger than ever.

       I have been getting help from a therapist that Sam had recommended and I really like her. Anthony takes me every Tuesday.

       Ray has apologized to Anthony and I. Again, cause of his cousin, though we already told him it was okay.

       Also, I was told that Chelsea had come to the hospital to apologize. And though, I took precaution, she explained everything to me and how sorry she was for both the incident with John and the trying to break up Anthony and I. It took a while, but eventually, we worked things out and her and I are good friends now. Who would have thought, right?

       Nobody has bullied me since I returned from the hospital. In fact, it was kind of weird the way they treat me. I got so many people coming up to me, asking how I'm doing? It was kind of nice, but also, kind of weird at the same time.

       Tonight is Valentines Day and I have never really celebrated this holiday before. Well, other than with my mom. But never with a guy before. I was excited because tonight was also Anthony's big night where all these big sponsors were gonna be there and his dream of becoming a professional rider was going to come true. And I don't know for a fact. But I just have a feeling.

       Anthony's been waiting for this night forever and because it happened to fall on Valentines Day, he told me that afterwards we would grab some dinner and then go home to watch a movie. Oh and to have great Valentines Day sex.

        We got ready and had Ray drive us to the race in Anthony's truck with his bike on the back.

        Anthony was extremely nervous, more than usual. He held my hand with his gloves on his hands already, then once we arrived, Ray told him he would get everything set up for him.

        As soon as Anthony put his helmet on and goggles, we walked hand in hand together. And of course, we were stopped immediately by cameras and the groupies and reporters.

        "So, Tony, how are you feeling about your huge race tonight? And who do you hope to get to sponsor you?" Reporter one asked.

         "I don't know. I'm just more focused on the race right now." Anthony replies.

         "Yes, of course! And who is this lovely lady by your side?" Reporter two asked.

         "This is my girlfriend, Melanie!" He told them.

         We then looked at each other and smiled. He then lifted his helmet and we kissed each other as the lights from the cameras flashed. We heard a few people say, "Awwww."

        He then raised his hand and told them that that was it. He needed to finish getting ready for the race.

        We then walked off towards the tent and I suddenly begin to feel nervous.  Cause the last time I was here, I was humiliated.

        Except when I walked inside, almost all riders had girls with them on their laps, but they seemed really nice and not all looked like they were stuck up or anything. They all nodded at Anthony and I like a 'what's up?!'

        I was introduced as his girl and instantly was pulled down onto his lap as he sat down. I swear, I love this man.

*****************************************

<<ANTHONY>>

        I was the luckiest man tonight. Showing off my girl. My love. She was very sweet and understanding how important this night was to me. That even though it was Valentines Day, she was still gonna be right there at the event to cheer me on.

        I knew I would need to find a way to make it up to her. But for tonight, I thought about afterwards, grabbing something to eat, taking it home and watch some movies. Which seemed to love that idea.

        I get on my bike and get ready to start the race, when I pull Mel in closer to me, lift my helmet up a little bit, kiss her and moan cause she has on that yummy lip gloss that I love.

         She wishes me luck, gives me one more kiss after saying we love each other. Then she walks off to the sides to stand by Ray, his boyfriend, Chelsea and her boyfriend and watch me.

         The race started off good, but there were a couple times when a few riders had tried to cut me off on turns to where I would fall off. But luckily, I missed them. Then finally, it was the final lap. It was between me and this Tyler guy. He is really hard to beat.

         For a minute there, I actually thought that I wasn't going to win. But then, at the last minute, something happened when he turned on the final turn. His bike hit something so hard that it made him fly off. Which meant.....

         "And first place goes to Tony!" The announcer said over the speaker.

         The crowd went wild and all I cared about was, Mel. I notice her shouting loudly still and I got off my bike and threw my arms in the air and started yelling from all the excitement.

        After the rest of the riders had finished, we congratulated each other and then after we were awarded our trophies, I saw Mel make her way through the crowd towards me.

        People were trying to get my autograph, reporters were trying to do an interview and a lot of crazy shit was happening all at once around me but all I saw was her.

       She got up to me and we wrapped our arms around each other and started kissing each other after I took my helmet off.

        Then after a few minutes of ignoring everybody around me, I headed towards our tent with her hand in my hand and to get ready for a few interviews.

         Which as I was trying to relax and get ready to answer some questions, I heard Ray come up to us, excited.

          "You have to hurry up man, there are huge ass sponsors that are thinking of signing you dude. Come on." He says.

          "Alright, I'll be there in a minute." I tell him, before directing my attention back to Mel.

          We look into each other's eyes and smile before kissing.

          We break away for a minute.

          "I am so proud of you baby." She tells me.

          "Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you." I tell her.

          "Aww. You are so romantic." She tells me while giving me a quick peck on the lips.

          "Oh my god, that reminds me. Come on." I tell her while grabbing hold of her hand and having her follow me.

          We walk out the tent and we start heading towards the table where I'm supposed to answer questions, sign things and everything. But before any of that, I walk up onto the platform, behind the table.

          I put my arms in the air and start yelling for people to please take a seat and quiet down for a minute.

          Ray comes right up to me, he slips me Mel's Valentines gift and then stands off the platform, off to the side.

           "Ladies and gentlemen. I do plan on answering your questions and everything. But I have something that I just have to do before we do all of that." I say while looking over at Mel real quick, who's now standing next to Ray. I hold out my hand for her and she looks at me confused, smiles and then places her hand into mine.

          She next then gets up onto the platform.

          "What's going on?" She asks me.

           I just smile and wink at her before looking back at the crowd."Everybody, this night is so amazing and one of by far, the best nights of my life. But tonight is amazingly special to me in many ways. One of those being that it's Valentines Day. And the other being the fact that my girl here is the best person in the world. She is amazing herself, is kind, beautiful, sexy as hell and above all, has made me fall in love with her." I see tears starting to fill her eyes up a little bit. "So....." I say as I then get down on one knee, still holding her hand and looking into her eyes. "Melanie? Would you do me the honor, in continuing to making me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

          Everyone seemed to get quiet super fast as they waited nervously along with me for her to answer.

          She covers her mouth with her hand and she's trying not to cry but can't help it. She then nods her head and says, 'Yes.' Several times.

           I place the ring on her finger. Everyone cheers as well as some of them do cry also. Then I stand up quickly and we wrap our arms around each other and start kissing.

           In fact I got caught up in all the excitement that I had forgotten that I still needed to answer questions. In which I eventually did and accepted an offer.

           Life couldn't get any better than this. I told myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 12.9K 28
Carolynn is almost eighteen and is a Senior in high school. She has always been the big curvy girl and has never been popular. Since the sixth grade...
36.2K 757 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
66.7K 1.1K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
452K 17.2K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...