Until I Met You (America x Ch...

By burgersnscones

Alfred F. Jones has the looks, the smarts and the popularity to back up his title as Blackwell's perfect All... More

WARNING & DISCLAIMER
All American Boy
Found You
The Job
Someone Like Me
Guilty People
Skeletons in the Closet
Can't Help It
Realize
You're Beautiful
First Love and Other Regrets
My Damage
Killing Me Softly
Bitter Ghosts
Meant to be Mine
I Will Fight For You
This Ends With Us
Epilogue

My Kind of Weird

489 22 5
By burgersnscones

Alfred wasn't a moron but he liked to think that every one had goodness inside them so he refused to doubt [Name]'s generosity. Not less than a week in and Arin's disinterest is already fading into nonexistence, all thanks to [Name]'s tips.

He was making progress with her and she was becoming less and less hostile, meaning she no longer makes fun of him for being a jock.

Rain began to pour just when he arrived at the Rosewater Estate. Tomorrow was a Saturday and he planned on finishing early to catch up on much needed sleep.

"Good evening" Alfred waited for Muriel to invite him in but she gave him a regretful look.

"I'm sorry, dear, but Miss Arin has been feeling under the weather since this morning. I'm afraid you won't be able to tutor her tonight."

"He's still invited for dinner though"

The two turned to the staircase where [Name] stood with a mysterious smile "He drove all the way here, we can't just send him back like an unwanted stray" She walked towards the door.

"I don't mind—"

She grabbed his sleeve "Nope. The weather is bad enough as it is, best to wait it out until the rain stops or at least weakens."

"Good point" He then caught himself, "But what am I supposed to do in the meantime?"

"Arin got an A-minus yesterday I want to thank you on her behalf"

"Her hard work is enough" He said with a curved mouth.

"The theatre has been set up, we were supposed to watch together but Arin is sick and Allen is busy with studying. How do you feel about horror movies?"

"This isn't some cheap ploy to get an unwitting, innocent boy into falling for you using the suspension bridge effect, is it?"

She let out a dry Ha! and stared him down, crossing her arms "I don't need to trick a boy into liking me. I'm trying to be a hospitable hostess and good friend to Arin by offering you with a movie marathon in a private theatre, but now I'm starting to think that maybe the football captain is not that tough after all"

He mirrored her stance, finding amusement in her teasing eyes "Care to put a wager on that?"

"That depends on how much."

"You first"

"No deal. I want to hear your price first" Her shoulders rolled back "It doesn't have to be money. Hm. . ." She pretended to study him "Maybe I'll take your jacket"

A hand possessively, reflexively flew to the collar of his varsity, "You drive a hard bargain"

"Then don't play hard ball with me"

His lips quirked "Why don't you just tell me what you want?"

"Why don't you two just get a room and watch the damn movie already?" Allen passed by the hall, a book to his nose.

Alfred shook his head "All right, how about this: we decide what we want after we've watched the movies and I've proven that I'm without a doubt one of the toughest males in Blackwell history"

"Nothing sexual"

"Or has the potential to be brought to court" He might've seen her face harden for a split second, but he blinked and her smirk was back.

"The first to scream bloody murder loses"

"We're on an agreement then?"

She didn't take off her eyes from his when they shook hands "Prepare to lose, Football"

His smile widened and Alfred could see himself falling for this girl.

[Name] asked Muriel to prepare the popcorn and sodas before flicking her head towards the stairs, silently ordering Alfred to follow her. They reached the third floor and she went to a door at the end of the west wing. (He still can't get over the fact that he's in a house with a west wing)

"Okay, choose your burial site."

"Holy cow. . ." Alfred whistled lowly. When she said private theatre he pictured a living room with a plasma TV, not an actual theatre complete with black walls and folding red seats, a wall served as the screen.

"I know" She giggled and his stomach did a backflip. She should giggle more. "Kind of makes it hard to focus on schoolwork"

"What's the movie?" He chose the seats in the third row.

She thanked Muriel before running up to him with the food and drinks "A special playlist of mine. I've already watched some and the rest are completely new"

"That's cheating" He said but he grinned.

"We already shook hands on it. Don't pussy out on me now."

He guffawed.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just that you come off so demure to me. Well, that was my initial impression, but then you started talking. Still, hearing. . .that word come out your mouth is weird"

"Is weird bad, Mr. Football Star?"

He raised his arms "Not at all. Weird is good. I like weird"

"Then there you have it. I tend to say fuck and shit a lot too so best not to eat and drink here when you're under the impression that I speak like a proper lady"

"I'll keep that in mind" He tugged the bowl from her and set it down on his lap. He popped a popcorn into his mouth "And I'm no pussy"

Three hundred minutes later, Alfred lost.

"Ah, so stringy-haired females are your weakness?" [Name] sipped on her Coke.

"When they're little girls who can kill with just one look. Yes, they're my Achilles' heel." He kept his gaze glued to the wall on his right.

She laughed.

"You win, okay? Now shut it off! I can feel her looking at me"

She shrugged and clapped her hands. The projector switched off as the white lamps came to life to provide light in the theatre.

"I must say, I'm impressed. Any other 'tough Blackwell male' would act unafraid and tell me to keep playing the movie"

"Is she gone?" His voice trembled slightly.

"She's gone"

The door creaked open and Alfred jumped in his seat and kicked the bowl, burnt kernels flew into [Name]'s hair.

"Chill, will you?" She cackled and threw a popcorn at his nose "It's just Muriel. Supper is—" The air outside boomed with thunder and the room was engulfed in darkness.

"Oh, fuck." He heard her say.

*

"I know, they say I can stay here until the storm passes. You guys stay safe there. Bye, dad." Alfred's phone beeped. LOW BATTERY 10% LEFT.

He groaned, having forgotten his charger at home.

"You sure you're not hungry?" [Name] asked, she waited in the doorway with a plate of five Oreos and a tall glass of milk.

"Now I am" He moved away from the window and gently took the tray from her, which he set down on the bed. He didn't eat supper, watching Cannibal Holocaust and The Last House on the Left can do that to a man.

"How are your parents?"

He twisted the top half of the Oreo "They're all right. The water drowned dad's garden but at least it didn't reach the house. Yet" He licked the cream off the cookie.

"I'm sure they'll be okay"

"I hope so"

For a moment, none of them spoke. She stayed quiet wearing an unreadable expression, as though her mind was someplace else. Alfred cleared his throat, unable to eat properly with her like that.

"Alfred" She whispered.

"Yeah?"

"How many miles before your truck runs out of gas?"

"I'm not sure, um, 240 miles or so. Why?"

She shook her head and smiled weakly "Muriel put a pitcher of water on the dresser. Enjoy the cookies" She hugged herself and left the guest room.

Alfred finished the last of the Oreos, threw up, changed into a robe and plopped down on the queen bed. But he didn't sleep, not early enough, because at around one a.m. he found [Name] hovering above his face.

"What—mpf!" She covered his mouth and raised a finger over her lips.

"I won the bet. I'm cashing in my chips" She shoved his clothes into his chest "I'll explain everything in the car, now hurry. We only got six hours before Geoffrey comes to check up on you" She turned her back to him and he realized she was waiting for him to change.

As Alfred slipped into his jeans, he saw that [Name] had put on a black hoodie and tucked all of her hair inside a black cap.

"I'm done"

"Okay" She gave him a card "Look familiar?"

"Rosewood General Hospital. Well, I don't know the hospital but I do know the town, it's located up north, about two hours from here. Wait, you want me to drive you there? In the middle of the night?"

"Technically, it's morning"

"I'm not a morning person. Now either you tell me what's going on or I tell Eloise about this" He didn't mean it, and he regretted saying it when she collapsed to her knees and clung to his t-shirt. Tears spurted from her eyes and every breath came as a gasp.

"No! They can't know, please, I just need to see him. Even if just for a moment! Please don't tell, please don't tell—"

"Okay, okay" He grabbed her shoulders and eased her up "It's okay. I won't tell anyone, just breathe."

She swallowed hard and slowly her breaths started to return to normal.

"I'll take you where you need to go" He squeezed her lightly "But you need to tell me why you need to be there"

"My dad. I need to see my dad." She croaked and then wheezed.

"Is your dad in the hospital?"

She nodded.

"What happened?"

She lifted her head and whispered, "I tried to kill him"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 170 8
COMPLETED! 💞💕 ⭐ Heavily Inspired by a Deviant Art discountinued (😭😭😭) Alfred x Neighbor Reader series where Alfie was a pervert to the new girl...
14.1K 627 16
Reader x America fan fiction. You have liked Alfred ever since you were eight. At first you thought the feelings would fade but no. Your feelings...
45K 2K 15
Arthur Kirkland, a 16 year old Slytherin student at Hogwarts, has a dark secret. Keeping this secret has been relatively easy, but when his longtime...
61.1K 1.8K 20
Chloe Price X Fem!Reader. You move to Arcadia Bay with your foster family, hoping to get some fresh air and start a new life. But you never expected...