Mate (on hold)

By bobbygurl

"Make me a woman...your woman," she whispered so innocently. I had waited for this moment for so long and had... More

Mate
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Not an Update but... A/N
chapter19
chapter 20
Chapter 21 part 2
A/N
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Complete chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 pt1
OOPS
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Character Recap
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 21 part one

241K 5.8K 1.3K
By bobbygurl

(Chapter 21) please read author note

(Angel POV)

I stared out the window wanting to go outside.
“Hey Angel,” I turned around seeing Ashley and Thomas. I smiled as they came over to me and looked over my shoulder at the yard.
“You want to go outside,” Ashley asked bending down to me as I nodded some reason everyone is really tall, Ashley had to be over five eight and Thomas had to be over six feet, even Jonah is kind of tall.
“Yes, but I’m not allowed,” I muttered turning back to the window. The yard is huge, I’ve never seen so much grass so close before.
“You can go out, we’ll take you,” I perked up a little, but eyed them with suspicion; I looked over at Jonah who gave me two thumbs up while nodding.
“Are you sure? You won’t get in trouble right?” I don’t want anyone getting in trouble because of me.
“Yes we promise,” Thomas spoke while Ashley held out her hand for me. I took it cautiously while picking my bear up off the window sill.
“Okay,” I muttered letting her pull me out the room. I took a deep breath and looked around. The house looks normal and oddly familiar.
“Its okay,” Ashley said giving me a soft smile as I nodded and crept forward clenching my bear as he told me to follow them down the stairs. I kept going until we reached a kitchen where that man and women were. They were talking to each other with the lady sitting on his lap.
“Angel,” They stared at me shocked I swallowed and looked down in a panic
“I’m sorry, she said I could leave and I tried to tell them I couldn’t, but don’t hurt me I promise to stay in the room,” The red head woman came over to me with a smile while I backed up some looking at Ashley for help, but she only squeezed my hand gently, trying to reassure me.
“Its fine, go play outside and when you come back in we’ll have some food for you,” I stared at her and the man not knowing what to say so instead I held Ashley’s hand tighter than before. She smiled and pulled me gently out the house. I smiled and looked around enthusiastically, while Thomas put me in a big puffy coat, he zipped it up for me before placing a warm hat over my head.
“Thank You,” I mumbled politely before going over to a tree I stared at it before reaching out and touching it. I smiled at the rough and wrinkly brown bark.
“A tree,” Ashley said I frowned. Does she think I’m stupid? I may be just another experiment to them but I’m not dumb.
“Sorry,” she apologized her cheeks turned a deep shade of red. My eyes widen she apologizing no one ever apologizes to me. I bent down and ran my hands through the grass smiling as I sat my bear up against the tree.
“Do you like it?” I ask him quietly getting a yes almost immediately I smiled and kissed his nose before sitting next to him.
“You don’t want to touch the snow,” Ashley pointing towards the white sheet that covered some of the grass. I shook my head and grabbed bear sitting him on my lap. Snow is cold and last time, I kept my fingers in too long, they burned for almost two day and they were very sore. Everyone was also angry at me.
“No, no, bad for hands,” I explained showing them my pale fingers that were slowly turning blue. Its really cold out, but I like the outside I haven’t been outside for almost a year now.
“Here, this will keep them warm,” Thomas said pulling out mittens, he slips them onto my hands I curled them up and pulled my bear closer to me as Ashley sat down beside me. I cautiously placed my head on her lap and sighed.
“Don’t fall asleep its cold out,” she warned but it was too late, its so much fresh air and openness I haven’t felt like this for awhile now.
“I’m sorry, I want to stay out for awhile and I’ll try hard not to sleep,” I muttered welcoming the darkness.

(Blake POV)

I ran into Angel’s back yard spotting her immediately, she was curled up under a tree with Ashley. I frowned and went over to them.
“You’re letting her sleep in the cold, what if she gets sick?” I growled bending down and picking my mate up, she snuggled against me, I can’t see much of her face since she’s bundled up but I’m sure she’s smiling.
“I was warming her up fine,” I ignored her and carried Angel back into the house where her grandmother is waiting. I had gone and picked her up, I didn’t tell her anything. I literally threw her over my shoulder and into my car ignoring her the whole ride as she practically cursed me out while calling me all types of names.
“She’s upstairs,” The leech said I nodded and carried Angel up until I reached her room. I peeked in seeing her grandmother on the floor with candles spread out. She looked up at me with a cold stare before gesturing me in.
“Take off her coat,” I did as I was instructed and stripped Angel down to her T-shirt and pants, before carrying her over to the circle, I placed her in the center and stepped back.
“You can leave now,” she grumbled I’m guessing she’s still mad about earlier, but honestly I don’t care, I just want my mate to be better and I think she’s the only one who can make her better. I left out and sat by the door, I turned on my phone and connected to the camera inside her room, just to see exactly what she does. Her grandmother looked directly at the camera and glared before the screen turned black. I frowned and tapped my phone before groaning. Of course it’ll mess up when I need it. I sighed and leaned against the wall. The only thing I can do is wait for her.

2 hours later

I paced the hall ignoring the leech’s irritated look as Ashley slept on his lap.
“We’re finished,” her grandmother stepped out the door and glared at me.
“I suggest that you don’t go in until she wants you too as for the others you’re allowed to go,” She instructed I stomped up to the door seeing Angel curled up and sniffling in the bed, she glanced up at me and closed her eyes while shaking her head no.
“No, Ashley,” She cried out while my wolf started to whine once more as my heart dropped again. I couldn’t do anything, but back away and let Ashley and the others take over.

(Angel POV)

“He doesn’t love me and it hurts,” I cried to Ashley trying to forget again, but it wasn’t working, nothing was working.
“It won’t go away,” Its like everything is coming at me at once and I kept going back to that place, that I had longed to forget. I curled up with Ashley as she told me to calm down and rest, but I can’t rest.

(Flashback)

10 years ago
“Dad,” I called out wandering around the park. Today is my birthday, well not yet, but it’s the day before and I’m going to do some much this wee, I even got a bear as an early present. Dad is fixing me a super big cake, like touch the ceiling cake, right now we’re at our pack festival, tonight I’ll officially be apart of the pack which is totally super.
“Have you seen my dad?” I asked a lady pulling gently on her shirt; she smiled and shook her head. I thanked her and ran off ignoring her as she told me to come back. If she can’t find him, I’ll be able to.
“Dad,” I called out, I want to get cotton candy today, but the candy guy is asking for money. I don’t have money yet. Mom says I need to work for money, but she doesn’t work for money which doesn’t make sense because she has a lot of money.
“Hey you,” I called out looking at the pale kid. He turned to me and frowned.
“What?” he grumbled I went to him and poked him feeling my fingers freeze in return. He hissed at me.
“You seen my dad?” I asked he rolled his eyes and shook his head, I shrugged, but took his hand.
“Come on. Lets play for a bit,” I suggested watching his bright eyes widen as I smiled. He doesn’t seem happy so I’ll play with him.
“Why do you want to play with me?” he asked I dragged him out to the field where I always play.
“Because I think you’re nice and you’re pretty,” I said smiling brightly as his face turned red, I poked his cheek and laughed.
“You know I’m a night dweller,” he said I nodded he’s a vampire, but he’s a nice one, plus he’s really nice to look at.
“I’m a wolf and I’ll be a big one, one day, but I’m a little short,” I said pushing him down the hill, he yelped, but I rolled down with him laughing as we landed in a pile of mud.
“My name is Angel, you’ll be my best friend,” I state grinning he glared a little before laughing and throwing a chunk of mud at me. I screeched and threw it back laughing harder as a piece landed in his dark hair.
“I’m Thomas,” I grinned we’ll be awesome together.

2 hours later

I giggled as Thomas chased me through the forest, I could still hear the festival happening and I was having fun.
“Angel we shouldn’t go out too far,” He called out I laughed I always go out far.
“We’re safe in the territory,” I called out stopping by a tree and giggling as he jumped out a bush and tackled me, I fell on my butt with a oomph.
“You’re not very fast for a vampire,” I said laughing as he pushed me down again with a grin.
“And you’re not very big for a wolf,” he retorted back I giggled and flexed my arms.
“I’m super strong though,” I pointed out he pulled up his own shirt and flexed his arms making me laugh again.
“Me too and my dad is fast too,” he stated I nodded and jumped on him again, he grinned and moved from underneath me.
“I bet you I can beat you back to the festival,” I gave him a toothy smile and nodded.
“You’re on,” I crouched down as we counted off.
“Three” he yelled speeding off, I followed quickly after him, he looked over his shoulder I frowned at him and stuck out my tongue laughing as he tripped I skipped over him running ahead quickly. I looked over my shoulder seeing that he was still on the ground. I puckered up my lips and turned around. Mom says I have to help people in need no matter what, so I guess I have to help him.
“I’ll help you up,” I say holding out my hand, he grabbed hold of it only to pull me down with a smirk.
“Got you,” He quickly stood up taking off as I gaped.
“You cheater,” I yelled running and trying to catch up to him. Oh when I get him, I’m so going to pummel him and then I’m going to tell his parents. I kept running getting closer.
“Its called tactic, that’s what my dad says,” He said as I yelped and fell feeling something sharp hit my leg. I looked down seeing blood coming out. I bit my lip trying not to cry.
“Thomas help,” I cried out not liking that it was flowing out fast. I looked up seeing Thomas stopping he looked at me suspiciously before sniffing the air and coming towards me quickly. He crouched over me and took off his shirt.
“Don’t cry, its not deep I don’t think, but we have to get you back to my parents,” I nodded letting him wrap my leg before he picked me up and pulled me to his back, I gasped.
“Told you I was strong, dad says I’ll be even stronger soon,” he stated I nodded as he started to run. I closed my eyes. He stumbled a bit and hissed quietly. We kept going for a good few minutes but he was slowing down.
“Angel whatever happens I’ll get you back,” He said I frowned not understanding what he meant until he fell to the ground holding his side as I fell with him.
“Thomas,” I shook him frantically trying to get him to wake up, I flipped him over seeing blood flowing out his wounds.
“Thomas,” I cried out trying to pick him up, but he’s too heavy.
“Look what we have,” I scrambled back and covered Thomas with my body growling. I may not have my wolf yet, but I’ll protect Thomas no matter what.

(End Flashback)

“Angel,” Ashley pulled me up to her as I cried more, I held her tightly. No one wants me, no one ever wants me.
“Look at me Angel,” I looked up seeing a scowl on her face as she looked at Thomas who nodded.
“Blake loves you and I can’t stand him sometimes, but he loves you, he’s been by your side for the last three days non-stop,” I zoned her out and continued to cry. Blake doesn’t want me. No one wants me.
“I don’t want to see him, I don’t want to be hurt, please don’t make me see him….Thomas,” I called out wanting him too, he sat down next to me and pulled me onto his lap, I curled up to him.
“I’m sorry Thomas, I hurt you and I remember hurting you, its my fault,” I sniffled he sighed and ran his hand through my hair.
“And I got you back just like I promised so I wasn’t hurt,” I nodded he did get me back and I ran until I found my way even though he was so far behind me.
“And you got strong and super fast, while I became weaker and useless,” I cried he sighed once more and pulled me away from him frowning.
“I hate when you say that,” he half yelled at me, I flinched away and cried harder. I always cause so much trouble
“I’m sorry,” Ashley took me away glaring at Thomas who was scratching the back of his head.
“Its fine, why don’t you just rest we’ll talk when you have your mind right,” I nodded moving under the sheets and trying to calm down, I reached out and grabbed my bear pulling him close to me as I tried to forget everything that has happened. I just want to be happy again.

(Blake POV)
“Blake,” I looked up at Ashley as she tossed me a cover. I thanked her letting her take a seat next to me. I was still outside of Angels door. She’s currently sleeping, but she cried herself to sleep.
“You know the best thing to do is to just go in there, rest with her and when she wakes up talk to her,” I opened my mouth and protested, “if my mate needs some space and time I will give it to her, I’ll be patient until she wants to see me, I don’t want to push myself on her,” As much as this is killing me, I want to do right by Angel.
“Are you serious?” Ashley laughed and shook her head “If you go by that logic she’ll never come around. Blake, Angel is a stubborn girl, she may not seem like it sometimes, but if you leave this up to her, she’ll never want to come to you or face her fears as her best friend its my job to correct this, so get your ass in there and fix her or whatever. Her parents aren’t going to be home until tomorrow afternoon, so there’s no excuse as to why you can’t be in there with her tonight,” I stared at her trying to figure it all out, she groaned and pointed to the door.
“Go you idiot before I change my mind,” She grumbled pushing me out the chair, I growled at her, but moved towards Angels door. I carefully opened it up seeing the rogue sitting by the window.
“Get out,” I commanded he shrugged and left out with that book he was reading. I shut the door behind him before removing my clothes leaving me in my boxers before I snuck into bed with her. She moved to me almost immediately and relaxed. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her knowing she wouldn’t wake up, but of course I’m completely wrong as usual.
“Blake,” she whimpered squirming back and away. I sighed in disappointment and the feeling of my heart squeezing as she stared at me with tears forming in her eyes.
“Why?” she asked I wiped her cheek gently not wanting to hurt her bruise. She flinched back while looking at the door and calling for Thomas, Ashley and Jonah frantically. I covered her mouth.
“I need to tell you something,” I started off, but a heavy sob wracked through her body as she curled in a ball.
“No, No, No, please don’t reject me Blake, I know I’m worthless and I know my body isn’t the best, but I’ll try as hard as I can to get stronger, I won’t be weak anymore and I’ll listen. I know you don’t like me, but we can try and I’ll be good, but don’t reject me. I don’t want to be alone anymore, I don’t want to be scared,” She cried getting out the bed and picking up a little weight on the floor.
“See, I can do it and I’ll try, I’ll try hard, I promise,” she cried cringing as she moved; I quickly went over to her as my wolf whined to be let out. I took the weight from her and tossed it on the ground before cradling her in my arms
“God Angel, I’m not rejecting you, I’ll never reject you,” I gently sat us on the bed, putting her on my lap, I lifted her chin up and kissed her nose.
“I don’t care if you aren’t physically strong, I don’t care if you don’t have your wolf. I don’t care how many mistakes you make, you’re perfect to me. I don’t care about any of that. I just want you,” I growled frowning at her as she sniffled.
“But no one will accept me as the Luna and no one wants me, they were right, I’m really useless and” I covered her mouth not wanting to hear anything else she had to say.
“I don’t care about anyone except for you Angel, if they can’t or won’t accept you then that’s fine, we’ll move to another place anywhere, we can start over. I don’t care as long as I have you. Angel I love you and nothing can or will change that.,” She sniffled and stared at me as if she didn’t believe me.
“Really,” she half cried I nodded and kissed her lips softly.
“Yes really and I’m sorry, I know I got mad at you, but I should have spoken to you instead of sending you home, so next time we have any misunderstandings we’ll talk about it and if you need to something you just tell me first, you don’t have to sneak around just ask me and I promise you, you won’t get in trouble,” I explained I want to make it clear to her that I’ll be here with her no matter what and I also want her to know that she doesn’t have to lie to me.
“I’m sorry too, I always mess up and I try hard not to, but sometimes it just happens and they always told me I wasn’t worth a thing to them,” I kissed her forehead, I still want to know about her.
“Who are they?” I asked feeling her heart race as she shrugged and glanced up at me with tears streaming down her face.
“I don’t know, no one knows, but it hurts remembering and everything just keeps coming back, I don’t want it to come back, but it won’t stop,” she whimpered while shaking in my arms I held her as close as I could, trying to get her to calm down as soft sobs wracked through her small frame.
“I just want to forget and I want to be normal, I want friends, I want you and I want to be happy,” she cried into my neck, I shushed her and rubbed her back carefully.
“I’ll make you happy, I’ll help you,” I claimed wanting her to stop crying, I can feel her broken heart through our bond along with the fear and the churning in her stomach. She’s afraid, no she’s terrified. Of what? I don’t know, but I will find out first thing tomorrow morning.

Next day*l

“Angel baby wake up,” I muttered softly while sweeping my hands through her hair, she ignored my morning call and cuddled up closer to me. Last night she cried herself to sleep once again, but this time she didn’t sleep peacefully, she woke up several times crying out in terror. I had to get the leech in here to help her sleep for the rest of the night.
“Angel,” I tried again running my hands down her side she shivered and groaned.
“Blake,” she said leaning back, I leaned down kissing her forehead with a smile.
“Hey sleepy head,” I mumbled brushing her hair out her face as she blushed and greeted me, I turned on my back bring her with me on my chest. She sighed and held me as if I would leave.
“Don’t leave me,” she whispered I chuckled.
 “I’ll never leave you,” I sit up, but keep her firmly against me. She let out a breath once more and stared out the window with that same distant look she has had the last few days.
“I still want to talk to you about last night and the rogue” I say watching her reaction as she grew rigid, but nodded against my chest, she wrapped her arms around me holding me tightly.
“I don’t know who did it, I was walking to class and they hit me then threw in a dark place. I hit my back against something and fell,” she muttered as I pulled her shirt up and examined her black and blue back. I gently ran my finger over it, ignoring her as she tried to pull away while telling me she was fine, she was far from fine. I know this hurts, no matter how many times she tells me it doesn’t.
“And Jonah helped me when I was little, he’s my friend and he’s like Thomas, he gave me food and water, he took care of me, like a big brother, I, I got him hurt and then they, they took me away from him,” I wiped her eyes as she bit her lip trying to hold it in, but I sighed and gently pulled her lip away from her teeth.
“I know you’re in pain and I know you want to forget, but I can promise you that the more you talk about it the better it gets. You don’t have to talk about it with me if you don’t want to, but I do want you to talk to someone or anyone,” Angel needs a therapist or a psychologist, I don’t know what her parents were thinking when they pulled her out of her therapy, because she definitely needs it.
“I don’t want to talk to anyone. I want to talk to you,” she muttered I smiled and kissed her nose as she sniffled and buried herself in my chest.
“You promise not to leave,” I nodded as she touched my cheek.
“You really promised, because you leave me a lot and it always hurt. It feels like my heart is being torn apart. I don’t want to feel that way again,” she took a deep breath and stared at me with her big watery eyes, making my heart shatter again. My mate doesn’t trust me and I don’t blame her. I’ve left her plenty of times so I could vent.
“I’m sorry, I know you don’t trust me,” she covered my mouth and shook her head with a pout.
“No, I trust you I’m just scared. I don’t like being alone. Ashley has Thomas and Mom has Dad. When I get older everyone will go his or her separate ways and I’ll be alone, I don’t want to be alone anymore, I want to be with you, even if you don’t like me, you can pretend or something, I just want to be with you,” she spoke softly while looking at her lap and squeezing her hands into a fist as a tears fell.
“God Angel, I like you, no I love you, I know I’m screwing up some and I know we have a few problems, but this won’t happen again, I won’t let this happen again…” A rumble went through my chest and I pulled her face up frowning.
“You annoy me so much Angel,” I growled ignoring her as her face fell “but I love that about you, yes you get on my nerves and occasionally I do want to strangle you, but I honestly love everything about you, you keep me on my toes and you’re probably the weirdest and cutest sixteen year old girl I’ve met and I can honestly say that I don’t want a thing about you changed, so I won’t pretend to love you or like you, because I already love you and when everyone goes their separate ways you won’t have to worry because we’ll be here together, just like a Ohana,” I finished gently only see her crying and nodding, I smiled.
“We’re Ohana….  just like you said before we’ll be an Ohana and we’ll be together forever,” she wailed I rolled my eyes and let her throw her arms around my neck. I held her against me agreeing with her.
“I’m sorry Blake, I’m really sorry for everything I did,” I laughed a little and let her cuddle up to me as she toned down some. We grew quiet. I’m sure Ashley left already with the leech and the rogue, her parents won’t be back till tonight, they’re currently a pack emergency meeting discussing the latest death, this time it was someone from our pack and I can confirm myself that it wasn’t the rogue since I’ve been monitoring him. I would have attended the meeting myself, but I have my mate to look after and I’m glad I stayed back with her because she’s a little better now.
“Blake,” I looked down at Angel smiling a little as she kissed me before hiding again.
“It happened on my birthday, it was the day I met Thomas…” I shifted us comfortably on the bed knowing she was about to open up to me. I could feel my wolf presence again, he was curious too.  (didn't get to reread this at all so pardon the mistakes)

-------

"Please read so you can know about the next updates and times"

I know this was a terrible place to stop (And I know its short) but my mom just had an unexpected transplant this week (just so happened that she was being prep for a different surgery when we got the call for a kidney) so a minor surgery turned into a major transplant (which is good). Anyway I've been with her this whole week and she just got home yesterday, but I have to stay with her 24/7 for six weeks while also taking her to her check up (Which is twice a week for the next few months) along with this i do have to take care of her since she isn't allowed to drive (so basically i'm cooking cleaning, giving her meds and checking her vitals all day) and on top of that I do have school work and projects to do and school is starting to end so major test and exams are coming up that i have to study for.... but I am still writing when I have the chance too, the next part of this will be half of her back story which I'm still writing out, but I do have most of it done............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
860K 23.6K 56
Baba- This is soon to be Alpha in the Blue Moon Star's. After he finds and claims his mate that is. Baba is straight with a girl wolf. His birthday i...
5.6M 197K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...