HIS Only Weakness

By BettieBurton

HIS Book Series #3: Don't have to read series in order! :) James is a twenty-eight year old ex gang leader. H... More

CHAPTER 1: Do Me A Favor!...You Owe Me!!
CHAPTER 2: The 'Package'
CHAPTER 3: Who The F**k Are You?!
CHAPTER 4: About Last Night
CHAPTER 5: Memories....
CHAPTER 6: I Don't Need A Babysitter!
CHAPTER 7: So.....Does He Like Me?
CHAPTER 8: Moment Of Truth.....
CHAPTER 10: The Heart Wants What It Wants!
CHAPTER 11: Blast From The Past!!
CHAPTER 12: Old Habits Die Hard!
CHAPTER 13: Hello Again!!
CHAPTER 14: Today's THE Day!
CHAPTER 15: He's Gone
CHAPTER 16: SOLD!!
CHAPTER 17: I Must Be Dreaming!
EPILOGUE: Five Years Later!

CHAPTER 9: Bittersweet Revenge?!

7.3K 269 15
By BettieBurton

<<JAMES>>

        I was glad that she was coming with me to my shop. This way,  I could be sure she was safe. Besides, I wanted to introduce her to my crew. 

        When we got to the shop, everybody looked at us and Zandria was the first one to introduce herself. Then everybody else did the same. 

        Then I hear Andy ask, if we're together. Which makes me for some reason, come back to reality and makes me realize that I don't know what we are. It's too soon. I do want to be with her, but I'm not sure yet, if we should be or not. Though, now, as I think about it, I also begin thinking that maybe it wasn't a good idea to kiss her this morning. That probably gave her some mixed signals. 

        I can feel Angie looking at me, waiting for me to answer. Then I notice her getting ready to answer but I quickly cut her off and blurt out, that we aren't dating. 

       Why I said that? I don't know. It was none of their business. But now, I'm pissed off at myself even more than I was before, especially for telling everyone that, but I panicked I guess is a good way to put it. 

       What the fuck is wrong with me?! I asked myself. Why do I have to be such a bipolar asshole?

       I could tell that Angie felt disappointed and upset. 

       We started heading back towards the office and I began telling her where the office, break room and bathrooms were. Then I just left, while ignoring her childish remark. I closed the door behind me and got my station prepared and all ready for my client that was about to come in. 

        Everybody else was preparing themselves for their clients. 

        Andy however, already got started on his client and was just finishing up. 

        Andy is a talented guy and very laid back and funny as hell. 

        It was about half an hour into my clients tattoo that I saw Andy get up and head towards the break room. 

       My client and I wee talking and laughing about random shit that we did in our lives when we were teenagers and the mistakes we made. 

       He was getting a grim reaper on his entire back. 

       I was caught up in the tattoo that I didn't notice what time it was til I noticed it was close to closing and everybody had already left. Well, except Andy who was packing up his station. 

        I hear the door open up from the office and see Angie walking out and right up to me. 

       "I'm gonna go home. I'll see you later." She tells me then starts walking off until I call out to her.

       "Hold up." I tell her. 

      She turns and looks at me as though she's a little upset. 

      "What?" She asks. 

      "I'll be done in an hour. Can you wait for me?" I ask in more of an assertive tone than I wanted it to be. 

      "I'm really bored." She says. 

      I take in a breath and let it out. "Fine." I tell her trying to not sound so upset in front of my client. "I'll be home in a couple of hours." 

      "Okay." She replies. Though she doesn't sound like she cares when I'm coming home. And I know that I deserve the cold shoulder cause I've been a huge dick to her in letting her believe one thing and then...

        Before I could finish my thoughts, I heard her say, "Bye." She then walked out as I went back and finished up my client's tattoo. 

***********************************************************************************************

         As I got to the condo, I was getting a beer out of the fridge when I realized that I should apologize and try to explain myself to Angie. 

        I never expected to feel this way with her again. But fuck me, I can't help it. And I guess I'd rather be in denial then risk being rejected. 

        So I take out my phone and am getting ready to text her, in case she's at the grocery store or something. 

        Which, as I looked down at my phone, I noticed a text message from her. 

        I clicked on it and read:

                ANGIE: Hey, so I'm out with Andy right now. I'm OK and will be home later. Oh and
                               before I forget, one of your bimbo's stopped by saying for you to call her. I
                               think her name was Kandy? I don't know. But yeah. See ya later. 

        I wanted to throw my phone against the wall. Why the hell would Andy do this to me? That little fucker. Come on Monday, he is fired. 

        I quickly grab some Makers Mark and take a couple of shots. Then I quickly texted the girl that I know Angie was talking about and invited her to come over. 

       All I could think about was that two can play this game. I'm sure she's just trying to make me jealous. And you know what? It worked. So now, let me reciprocate. 

***********************************************************************************************

        I woke up this morning with a little bit of a headache. I also noticed Kandy getting dressed and heading out the door. 

       While watching her finishing getting dressed, I all of a sudden realize that I am in love with Angie and that what I did last night can never happen again if I were to get her back. I'm instantly filled with hatred and disgust with myself and full of regret. 

       I'm such an asshole for trying to deny what I feel for her and treating her like shit. Just like I did when I left that day, years ago. 

      My thoughts are interrupted by my phone going off letting me know I have a text message. 

      I take a look at it and see that it's from Andy. Which reads:

                 Hey man. I'm sorry, but I took Angie out on a date. Please don't hate me. I swear
                 to you that NOTHING happened and we both decided we were better off as just
                 friends. Don't tell her I told you this, but she's in love with you man. And as a 
                 friend, you need to man the fuck up and get her back. Cause I know you love
                 her too, bro.

        I guess that I can't be mad at Andy or Angie for that matter. I also have gotta respect Andy for having the balls to apologize to me and let me know he took her out on a date. But now, Shit! I start yelling at myself in my head. 

        "Fuck!" I say out loud as I grip my hair. 

        I text Andy back to thank him and let him know it's all good between us. 

       But I suddenly begin to realize that he sent his text half an hour ago. That means that Angie....

       I quickly get up and tell the girl from the bar not to open up the door, but she does and I see a hurt look upon her face. 

       Kandy ends up leaving but that's after Angie heads back to her room and slams the door shut. 

       I open up her door without knocking first and begin to walk up towards her as she's laying on her side of the bed with her back facing me. I then hear her crying. It reminded me of the day when I left her. Which now, pains me to hear as it did back then. I really really fucked up this time. 

       As I slowly start walking a little closer towards her bed, I stop when I hear her talk. 

      "Please leave." She says between sniffles from her crying. 

      "Angie. Please, can I explain?" I tell her. 

      "There's nothing to explain. I'm done. You win." She sniffs. 

      My heart drops and suddenly I feel the worst pain in my chest that I had ever felt. 

      "What do you mean?" I ask. Though I already know what she's talking about but don't want to believe it. 

      "I can't. I can't do this anymore. I don't have the strength to go through this again. I love you, but I can't keep letting you hurt me." She starts crying a little more. 

      "Angie, I..." I get cut off.

      "I said for you to please leave. Because as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. Once Luke finds a place for me, that's safe. I'll be out of your life for good and I'll never bother you again. So for the last time, please go." She cries out. 

       Fuck me. I had really really really fucked up this time. 

       Fate gave me a second chance to make things right and have things between her and I turn out the way they should. And I fucked it all up again. Except this time, I was around to hear and watch her be in the pain I caused her. 

      I have hurt her so bad that I might as well have put a gun to her head and pull the trigger. 

      I need to find a way to fix this. And quick. I will NOT give up on her and I WILL get her back. 

      Though for now, I know I need to give her space. So I pack some of my things and leave. 

NEXT CHAPTER TOMORROW! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 13.1K 28
Carolynn is almost eighteen and is a Senior in high school. She has always been the big curvy girl and has never been popular. Since the sixth grade...
1.9M 57.5K 38
Frankie has just become the youngest and only female in a local barbershop after just moving into town. She has no living family or friends back home...
244K 7.5K 27
Camryn has always been bullied. Not just at school but in her own home also by her stepfather. Ever since her father passed when she was five years...
245K 9.5K 29
Aleena is the daughter for one of the most dominant and respected MC's but after her father died a few years back and her mother remarried the VP who...