Monster (A Supernatural Fanfi...

By musicdreams31

"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. B... More

Introduction and Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1: Night Moves and Piles of Hell
Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"
Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel
Chapter 4: Archangels, Biscuits, and Broken Windows
Chapter 5: 4.20.1 The Rapture
Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture
Chapter 7: Angels, Demons, and Nephilims, oh my!
Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."
Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 10: 4.22.2 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 11: 5.1.1 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 12: 5.1.2 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 13: "Of course it's Lucifer. It's always Lucifer."
Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End
Chapter 15: 5.4.2 The End
Chapter 16: Drunken Pancakes
Chapter 17: 5.6.1 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 18: 5.6.2 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 19: "How do you handle a drunk woman?"
Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."
Chapter 21: Heaven on Earth
Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 24: "The therapist and the alcoholic."
Chapter 25: 5.10.1 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 26: 5.10.2 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses
Chapter 29: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 30: Broken Promises and Birthday Wishes
Chapter 31: Heaven Help Us All
Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 33: 5.16.2 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 34: "You can't leave me here forever."
Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."
Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return
Chapter 37: These Are The Lies
Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 40: 5.22.1 Swan Song
Chapter 41: 5.22.2 Swan Song
MONSTER One-Shot
MONSTER One-Shot: Djinn
DECEPTION
Why I made Cassandra Moore as she is
Deception is up!
Wattys 2018
Instagram
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! AHHHHH!!
Published Novel

Chapter 28: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same

4.1K 121 26
By musicdreams31

The past two cases were cases that Cassandra had decided to sit out on. She went back to the mansion and trained, desperately trying to get her head back in the game. Ever since Carthage she had been shaken up and it was hard to control her emotions. Castiel had popped in a few times in those weeks, mostly to see how she was doing. Cassandra had left right after Christmas.

"That's new," Castiel had said, eyeing the anti-possession necklace around Cassandra's neck. She stopped throwing punches at the dummy in front of her and glanced down at the silver, nodding.

"Dean got it for me for Christmas."

"I wasn't aware he celebrated Christmas," Cas replied. Cassandra grinned and shook her head, reaching behind her to tighten her ponytail.

"He doesn't. I managed to talk him into it. It was small. One gift for everyone from each person, pie, beer, and a few movies," Cassandra explained. The angel nodded, his eyes observing her every move. He cocked his head to the side before walking behind her, his hands on her hips stopping her actions. The Nephilim tensed under his touch and jumped, staring at him with wide eyes. Cas gently turned her hips and let go.

"You, uh, you were standing in the wrong position," he told her awkwardly. Cassandra stared back at him blankly, her eyes twinkling with fear. "Are you okay? Dean told me that you've been a bit off since Carthage." Cassandra cleared her throat and nodded.

"Um, yeah. I'm okay." Cas eyed her warily. "I promise I'm not going to go off the rails or something. I just don't understand why the Colt didn't work on Lucifer, y'know? We were all so sure and it backfired and now he's walking free. I just can't help but feel a bit scared and disappointed."

"You weren't the one who pulled the trigger. Why would Lucifer go after you?" Castiel questioned. Cassandra shrugged and decided to take a break, walking over to the kitchen counter to grab her water. Cas followed her, leaning against the island counter as she hopped up on the edge of the outside countertop.

"I was supposed to, actually. Crowley had wanted me to do it. Besides, Castiel, you heard Lucifer back in Carthage. The way he spoke...he's not going to stop until he has me on his side," Cassandra said. Cas glanced around in thought before locking gazes with the blonde.

"Double-play?"

"Hell no," Cassandra replied, instantly catching on to what the angel was insisting. Cas frowned slightly. "I saw the outcome of that and I don't like it. I'd rather not be his bitch and Graceless in a war like this. I'll do whatever it takes to gank him, but I won't double-cross him. It's not worth the risk." Castiel sighed and nodded in agreement.

"I suppose you're right." He sucked in a sharp breath and eyed the dummy in the middle of the room before looking back to the Nephilim who sipped her ice-cold water. "Dean and Sam are back from their case." Cassandra perked up slightly at the mention of the Winchester brothers. "Dean said he texted you the address of the motel they're at."

"I haven't looked at my phone," the blonde admitted. She leaned back and reached for the iPhone in the corner, just managing to slid it over with her fingertip before sitting up, wincing when she hit her head on the cabinets above her. Castiel bit back a chuckle, earning a playful glare from the Nephilim. She unlocked her phone and scrolled through her messages before stopping on Dean's contact. "He did. I'll pop in soon. I just have to clean up all of the weapons and such."

"I can do that," Cas volunteered. Cassandra slowly looked up, arching an eyebrow in suspicion. "I believe their last case was...interesting. They might need someone to talk to about it." Cassandra chuckled and shook her head, hopping off of the counter.

"Thanks, Castiel. I'll shower and then be on my way. Is there anything else you need?" The angel shook his head. "You're the best."

Cassandra quickly rushed to her room to grab a set of clothes before locking herself in the bathroom and starting the water. She pulled her hair out of the ponytail and started to brush through it when a man with raven hair and a chiseled jawline appeared behind her. His icy blue eyes stared softly at the blonde through the reflection of the mirror. Cassandra would recognize those eyes anywhere. Her matching eyes widened and she gasped, the brush clattering to the floor as she spun around.

"What the hell?"

"Cassandra, listen to me."

"I could've been naked!"

"You must go with the Winchesters."

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows at the archangel's words, wondering why he was suddenly supporting her relationship with them. Michael stepped forward and placed his hands on her shoulders, staring her dead straight in the eye. Cassandra glanced down at his hands warily before looking back up at her father.

"You have to help them before it's too late."

"You're scaring me," Cassandra whimpered, shrugging off Michael's hands. He did a once-over of her body, stepping back as his face fell.

"What happened?"

"What?"

"You're not as strong as you were last we spoke. Mentally, I mean." Cassandra stared back at him in confusion. What was he talking about? How could he know something like that? "Cassandra, were you in Carthage, Missouri?"

"I figured you knew. We had a shot at Lucifer but it failed. The Colt didn't work."

"Cassandra, you are warded from me. It was only luck that you were here now when I popped in. Why didn't you ask for my help? I could have helped you," Michael hissed. Cassandra took a small step back, eyeing his vessel.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me since I chose the Winchesters. Besides, you don't even have your true vessel. Dean would never say yes. How would you—"

"Next time you find yourself near him, contact me. You know how." Cassandra opened her mouth to reply but Michael cut her off. "You need to hurry up and get to the Winchesters before it's too late. They'll need your help."

"Wait—" Michael disappeared before she could finish, leaving her standing alone in the bathroom as the steam fogged up the mirror behind her. Cassandra sighed and her shoulders slumped slightly. She truly couldn't understand Michael no matter how hard she tried. One minute he used her as a punching bag because she wouldn't side with Heaven and the next he was telling her to go with the Winchesters before it was too late. But too late for what? What could be so bad that it'd need all three of them?

A pounding on the bathroom door snapped the blonde out of her thoughts and she looked up. "Cassandra, shower quickly. It's vital we go and see Dean," Castiel said.

"Yeah, okay. Give me ten minutes," she called out, glancing around the bathroom uneasily to make sure she was alone before stripping and stepping into the shower.

~*~

Cassandra and Castiel appeared in Dean's motel room without warning, Cassandra tripping on an abandoned beer bottle and falling. Arms wrapped around her before she could hit the ground and she looked up to see Dean staring down at her with raised eyebrows. "Still clumsy as ever, I see," he teased. He helped Cassandra back to her feet.

"Thank you." She kicked the beer bottle away from her and Dean and turned towards Castiel. "So what was so important that we all had to meet here?" Cassandra questioned. Castiel hadn't yet told her about Anna's plans to kill Sam and she was just as in the dark as Sam and Dean were.

Six minutes later Castiel was drawing an ancient symbol on a small round black table with white chalk, Cassandra sprawled across the farthest bed while Sam sat on the edge of it and Dean walked towards the angel, shaking his head. "Really? Anna? I don't believe it," Dean said.

"It's true," Cas replied.

"So she's gone all Glenn Close, huh? That's awesome."

Castiel straightened his posture and glanced over at Dean while Cassandra sat up and stared at her boyfriend, both celestial beings completely and utterly confused. "Who's Glenn Close?" they chorused. Dean stared at Cassandra in disbelief before shaking his head. Sometimes he thought Cassandra was more angel than she was human.

"No one, just this psycho bitch who likes to boil rabbits," Dean told them. Cassandra and Castiel exchanged glances before shrugging, Cas turning back to the table. Dean paced the length of the room, stopping next to his brother.

"So the plan to kill me, would it actually stop Satan?" Sam asked. Cassandra's head snapped towards Sam with wide eyes.

"No, Sam, come on."

Sam just glanced at the blonde before looking back to Castiel, waiting for an answer.

"Cas, what do you think? Does Anna have a point?"

Dean and Cassandra stared at Cas who glanced at them, hesitating slightly. Sam didn't catch it but Cassandra did. She understood why Cas was so determined to stop Anna. He cared for Sam despite his past with demon blood.

"No. She's, uh, Glenn Close," Cas said softly. Sam hung his head in the slightest while Dean made his way back towards the angel. Cassandra sent the younger Winchester a reassuring smile.

"We'll figure something out. I promise," Cassandra whispered. Sam nodded but he didn't believe one word. Neither of them did.

"I don't get it. We're looking for the chick that wants to gank Sam. Why poke the bear?" Dean asked.

"Anna will keep trying. She won't give up until Sam is dead," Castiel explained as he poured an oil into the bowl on the table. He turned slightly towards Dean. "So we kill her first." Dean turned back towards his brother and Cassandra, frowning slightly.

"I'm game," Cassandra said. Dean stared down at her in disbelief, earning an innocent shrug. "What? I got a bad vibe from her in the beginning."

"Zod ah ma ra la ee est la gi ro sa," Cas chanted. A red flame shot up the bowl and Cas sucked in a sharp breath, his eyes clenched shut as he staggered back before gripping onto the chair. Cassandra shot up from her spot on the bed, ready to catch the angel if needed. Luckily Castiel has regained his composure and furrowed his eyebrows. "I've found her."

"Where is she?" Cassandra and Dean chorused. Castiel looked up.

"Not where. When." He straightened his posture, any dizziness and grogginess long gone. "It's nineteen seventy-eight."

"What?" Sam asked in disbelief, standing and joining Dean and Cassandra. "Why nineteen seventy-eight? I wasn't even born yet." Cassandra scoffed, shaking her head as she instantly grasped the idea.

"You won't be if she kills your parents," Cassandra said in realization. Sam stared at her in confusion, cocking his head to the side slightly.

"What?"

"Anna can't get to you because of me. So she's going after them," Cas explained. Dean glanced at his brother his wide eyes before looking back to Cas, stepping forward.

"Take us back right now," Dean demanded.

"And deliver you right to Anna? I should go with Cassandra. Alone," Cas rejected. Cassandra recoiled at the angel's words, her lips parting slightly in shock. Cas had never volunteered her for a mission before. She usually had to beg him to go especially if it concerned other angels. And even then he still said no.

"They're our parents. Cas, we're going," Dean quickly cut in.

"It's not that easy," Cas replied with a shake of his head as he started to walk away.

"Why not?" Sam snapped.

"Time travel was difficult even with the powers of heaven at my disposal."

"Which got cut off."

"Even with Cassandra's powers I wouldn't be strong enough to do it safely," Cas said. Dean furrowed his eyebrows.

"So, what, you're like a Delorean without enough plutonium?" Dean questioned. Cas leaned forward slightly, his eyebrows raised as he replied nonchalantly:

"I don't understand that reference." Cassandra bit back a snicker at Castiel's words. "But I'm telling you, taking this trip, with passengers no less—" Cas shook his head. "—it'll weaken me." Dean walked over to the angel, hardening his glare on him. Cassandra frowned slightly. She didn't understand why Dean wanted to go back so badly. Wouldn't seeing his parents only hurt more since he knew he couldn't save them?

"They're our mom and dad. If we can save them, and not just from Anna... I mean if we can set things right, we have to try."

Cas shook his head in a way that told Cassandra he couldn't actually believe he was giving in to their demands. He locked eyes on the Nephilim who watched him warily. "I suppose you should learn time travel at some point. It could be important," Castiel told her. Cassandra's eyes widened and Sam and Dean both grinned. They were going to get to see their parents.

~*~

"And if I mess up?" Cassandra questioned as Cas packed two ceramic jars into a duffel bag before shoving his angel blade in.

"Don't mess up," Cas replied simply. Cassandra gulped, nodding slowly.

"Well, that's comforting," she muttered uneasily. Dean sent her a reassuring smile as the angel turned to face the trio, Sam slinging his own duffel bag over his shoulder. Cassandra securely tucked her angel blade in her leather boot, a handgun Dean had given to her holstered in the back waistband of her jeans.

"Ready?" Cas questioned.

"Not really," Sam admitted. Dean turned towards his brother slightly as Cassandra gripped Castiel's hand in hers, letting him draw some of her power and Grace for the jump.

"Bend your knees," Dean told his brother just as they all disappeared into thin air.

Sam and Dean landed in the middle of the street, a car laying on its horn and slamming on its brakes, tires screeching at the sudden appearance of the two brothers. "Get out of the street!" the driver shouted. Sam and Dean headed for the sidewalk, just dodging another car that nearly hit them. They jumped to safety between two parked cars, Sam waving awkwardly at the second car that sped away.

Sam let out a sharp breath, calming his heart rate. "Did we make it?" he inquired. Dean pointed to a yellow Pinto next to Sam, scanning the area as they stepped up onto the sidewalk.

"Unless they're bringing Pintos back into production, I, uh, I'd say yes."

Out of the corner of his eye Dean spotted Castiel leaning against the nearest car, blood dripping from his nose. Cassandra was unconscious next to him, her blonde locks sprawled out around her head as an identical red substance dribbled from the corner of her mouth. Dean's eyes widened and he rushed over to the blonde and nearly dead angel.

"Cas?" Sam questioned before following after his brother. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy. Take it easy. Are you alright?"

Dean shook Cassandra gently, worry flashing in his eyes when she didn't wake up immediately. He could tell that she was breathing and he could feel her heartbeat but she wasn't waking up.

"I'm fine. I'm much better than I expected," Castiel admitted. He turned towards Cassandra, frowning slightly. "She'll wake up soon. She's just drained from the amount of energy I had to tap into. She's not quite strong enough to time travel just yet." Sam and Dean tried to help Cas up but he turned and coughed up blood before passing out.

"Cas?" Sam asked. He put his hand in front of Cas' nose and mouth to feel for breath. "He's breathing." Sam nodded his head to the side. "Sort of. What do we do?"

Suddenly Cassandra shot up, gasping for breath before leaning over and retching up blood onto the sidewalk. Dean cringed slightly as she continued to puke up her insides, the action from the blonde earning odd glances from passing crowds. Dean sent them an awkward smile before helping the blonde to her feet, letting her lean against him.

"Cassy?"

"I'm fine," she rasped out, struggling to open her eyes. "I'm fine. I just..." Her chest heaved as she tried to catch her breath. "I need water." Dean nodded as Sam grabbed Cas, the two Hunters helping the celestial beings to the nearest hotel.

Cassandra flopped down in one of the lobby chairs, helping herself to the water and glasses next to the seats. She chugged down four glasses by the time Dean had managed to check Castiel into the honeymoon suite. Cassandra had denied a room, assuring Dean that she would be perfectly fine in no time. Sam waited outside for the couple, ripping a page out of the phone book and stuffing it into his pocket.

"You ready?" Dean asked his girlfriend as he slid his wallet back into his jacket pocket. Cassandra nodded and stood up, catching herself as a wave of dizziness took over. Dean eyed her warily but she only nodded again in reassurance.

"I'm okay. I promise. Let's just find your parents."

The couple left the building, meeting Sam outside as he watched a couple pass by with an amused smile on his face. "I mean, the mustaches alone," Sam said with a scoff. Cassandra followed his gaze, chuckling.

"So I paid for Cas for five nights up in the, uh, honeymoon suite. I told the manager, 'Do not disturb no matter what.' You know what he said to me? 'Yeah. Don't sweat it. Want to buy some dope?'" Dean explained in disbelief. Sam snorted and shook his head. "Dope. We ought to stick around here, buy some stock in Microsoft."

"Yeah, we might have to if Cas and Cassandra don't recover. Is he all right?" Sam asked, knowing that Cassandra was just a little drowsy and nauseous.

"What do I look like—Dr. Angel, Medicine Woman? He'll wake up. He's, you know, tough for a little nerdy dude with wings," Dean replied. He furrowed his eyebrows at the glare Cassandra shot at him before looking back to Sam.

"If he landed like that, hopefully, so did Anna. Should buy us some time."

"So, did you find 'em?" Cassandra chimed in. Sam nodded and pulled the folded paper from his pocket, holding it up between two fingers.

"Yeah. Uh, the Winchesters. Four-eight-five Robintree."

"Let's go pop in on the folks," Dean responded as if it were nothing. Cassandra sighed and glanced around, wondering which car they were going to hotwire and how long it would take them.

~*~

It was dark by the time the trio pulled up to Four-eighty-five Robintree, the familiar nineteen-sixty-seven Chevy Impala parked outside of a quaint, little, blue house. Cassandra leaned towards the window, squinting her eyes up at the Winchester Residence. That couldn't be where Dean had grown up, could it? One glance from Dean told her that it wasn't and she couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed.

They all practically threw themselves out of the car, but Sam was the one rushing up to the house without a plan. "Sam. Sam. Wait, wait, wait, wait," Cassandra hissed. The Hunter slowed, giving time for Dean and Cassandra to catch up.

"Cassandra, Anna could be here any second," Sam argued. The Nephilim arched an eyebrow.

"What exactly are we gonna march up there and tell 'em?" Dean replied.

"Uh, the truth," Sam told him as if it were obvious. Dean furrowed his eyebrows.

"What, that their sons and Michael's daughter are back from the future to save them from an angel gone Terminator? Come on. Those movies haven't even come out yet!"

"Well, then tell her demons are after 'em. I mean, she thinks you're a hunter, right?"

"Yeah, a hunter who disappeared right when her dad died. She's gonna love me," Dean replied sarcastically. Cassandra frowned and glanced up at the house, Dean following her gaze in thought. "Just follow my lead." Dean headed past Sam into the house, Cassandra following as Sam let out a soft sigh. Dean eyed the doorbell before reached forward and pressing his finger down on it, quickly pulling it back as if he had made a mistake.

"I guess this is the point in our relationship when I get to meet the parents, huh?" Cassandra joked. Dean chuckled and wrapped an arm around her waist comfortingly.

"You might like them." Just then the door opened to reveal a young Mary Winchester. Sam's breath hitched in his throat and Dean was the first to speak. "Hi, Mary."

"You can't be here," Mary replied with wide eyes. Sam's eyes raked over her body, too stunned to process anything they were saying. He was staring at his mother. The same woman who died before he could even create memories.

"I'm sorry if this is a bad time,'" Dean apologized.

"You don't understand. I'm not—" Mary cut herself off, glancing at Sam who continued to stare at her and then over to Cassandra who flashed her a warm smile. "I don't do that anymore," Mary continued softly. "I have a normal life now. You have to go." Mary moved to close the door but Dean stopped her.

"I'm sorry, but this is important, okay?" Dean said. A young John Winchester cleared his throat behind his wife, swinging the door open wider as he eyed the trio with a smile. Cassandra's eyes widened and her breath hitched in her throat at his piercing blue eyes. She had seen those eyes when she met Michael for the first time in Heaven before he found a vessel to inhabit. Those eyes were in her nightmares.

"Sorry, sweetie, they're just—" Dean interrupted Mary with a smile.

"Mary's cousins." Mary smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, we couldn't stop through town without swinging by and saying 'hey', now, could we?" Dean held his hand out for John to shake who took it. Cassandra only stared back at the Winchester, speechless. "Dean."

"You look familiar," John said, studying the Hunter in front of him. Dean furrowed his eyebrows and cocked his head to the side.

"Really? Yeah, you do, too, actually, you know? We must have met sometime. Small towns, right? Gotta love 'em."

"I'm John." John held his hand out for Sam to shake. The youngest Winchester stared at him with tearful eyes for a moment before he took it, smiling slightly. He was too choked up to manage to get out a word.

"This is Sam," Dean introduced.

"Sam. Uh, Mary's father was a Sam," John replied. Sam smiled and nodded.

"Uh, it's a—it's a family name," Dean told him. Sam had yet to release John's hand and Cassandra eyed it warily. John did the same.

"You okay, pal? You look a little spooked." Snapping back to reality, Sam dropped his father's hand and nodded, exhaling sharply and forcing a reassuring smile on his lips.

"Oh. Oh, yeah. Just a...long trip," Sam lied. John looked to Cassandra, grinning. The grin sent cold shivers down her spine.

"And who's this lovely lady?" John questioned. Dean also grinned, staring down at her lovingly. Cassandra met his gaze and managed a smile at Dean's happiness.

"My girlfriend. Cassandra Moore," Dean told him. John outstretched his hand for the blonde to shake and she took it warily, her eyes never leaving John's. Dean watched her with worry, wondering why she was acting so odd. He chalked it up to side effects of time travel instead of thinking it over too much.

"Nice to meet you, Cassandra."

"Uh, you, too," she agreed, clearing her throat and pulling her hand away to tuck it in the front pocket of her black leather jacket.

"Well, Sam and Dean were just on their way out," Mary cut in, locking a glare on Dean. Dean's grin faltered as John looked down at his wife in disbelief.

"What? They just got here," he protested. John turned back towards the trio of Hunters. "Real happy to meet folks from Mary's side. Please come on in for a beer."

"Twist my arm," Dean replied eagerly. Mary continued to glare as they stepped in, her eyes raking down Cassandra's body as she followed the brothers inside. Mary didn't trust any of them and she didn't understand why Cassandra had reacted to John the way she had. As far as Mary knew, Cassandra had never seen John before in her life.

Mary shifted uncomfortably under Sam's stare and looked away.

"Are you sure you're okay, Sam?" John asked. Sam snapped out of his trance and looked up, nodding when he realized that everyone else noticed.

"W—oh. Yeah, yeah. Um, I'm just, um—" He looked back to the blonde Winchester in front of him. "You are so beautiful," Sam complimented. Cassandra coughed, grabbing Sam's attention. His eyes widened when he realized what he said and he opened his mouth to explain but no words came out. Dean quickly jumped in.

"He means that in a—a non-weird, wholesome, family kind of a way," Dean said. John leaned forward slightly with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, right," Sam agreed. Dean let out a nervous laugh as the Nephilim next to him stayed silent, never looking away from John. She thought she'd be ecstatic to finally meet Sam's and Dean's parents, but now that she knew John somehow had a tie to her own father she regretted leaving Cas alone at the hotel.

"We haven't seen Mary in—in quite some time, and—See, she's the spitting image of our mom. I mean, it's—it's—"

"Eerie," Sam finished for his brother. John nodded slowly, lips pursed.

"So, how are you guys related?" he questioned.

"You know, uh, distantly," Dean lied smoothly. Cassandra looked away before John could notice her uneasy stares. Dean quickly glanced at her before returning his attention to his parents.

"Oh. So you knew Mary's parents?" John said sadly. Dean nodded and cleared his throat, rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Mary's dad was, uh, pretty much like a grandpa to us." Dean locked gazes with Mary.

"Oh. That was tragic—that heart attack," John told him as he reached over and grabbed Mary's hand comfortingly and lovingly. It was something that Dean had yet to do with Cassandra but both of them knew that it was an action that neither really cared for. Cassandra wasn't one for hand holding...or physical contact at all save for Dean.

"Yes, it was," Dean agreed, sending a knowing look his mother's way. Cassandra's gaze dropped to the floor as she shifted nervously on the sofa, quickly snatching her beer from the table in front of her and taking a long swig.

"So, uh, what are you guys doing in town, anyway?"

"Uh, business, you know," Dean said. John raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Oh, yeah? What line of work?"

"Plumbing," Sam said at the same time Dean lied, "Scrap metal." Mary quickly stood up, finally deciding that this needed to come to an end.

"Oh, gosh. It's almost seven. I hate to be rude, but I got to get dinner ready," the blonde announced. Dean reached over and squeezed Cassandra's thigh comfortingly, earning a jump from the woman. Dean eyed her worriedly and she gulped, glancing over at John.

"Maybe they could stay," John suggested.

"I'm sure they have to leave," Mary replied with a smile. Suddenly the phone started to ring and the Nephilim winced, the sudden loud noise catching her heightened senses off guard. John glanced towards the phone before looking back to Sam, Dean, and Cassandra.

"Uh, look, please stay. You know, it would mean a lot to me. I haven't met much of Mary's side of the family," he requested with a smile before rushing towards the phone to take the call. Cassandra seemed the relax the moment he left the room and Dean took notice in this, frowning. He had no idea what was going on with her or why she'd be scared of him. She had never met John before in her life.

"You have to leave. Now," Mary hissed quietly.

"Okay, just listen—"

"No, you listen. Last time I saw you, a demon killed my parents. Now you waltz in here like you're family? Whatever you want—no. Leave me alone," the blonde interrupted. Sam and Dean exchanged glances, nodding their heads to the side.

"You and John are in danger," Cassandra quickly chimed in. Mary eyed her warily.

"What are you talking about?"

"Something's coming for you," Dean told her.

"Demon?" Mary asked, her voice shaking in fear as she thought back to Azazel five years earlier. Dean shook his head.

"Not exactly."

"Well, what, then?"

"It's kind of hard to explain, okay? It's—it's—"

"An angel," Sam finished. Dean and Cassandra turned towards the younger Winchester with an 'are you kidding me' look as Mary recoiled at his words, laughing softly. Cassandra sighed. There was no turning back now.

"What? There's no such thing," Mary insisted.

"I wish," Cassandra replied. Dean frowned slightly. As much as he hated angels he loved having Cassandra around. "But they're twice as strong as demons, and bigger dicks."

"Why would an angel want to kill us?" Mary inquired.

"It's a long story, and we'll tell you the whole thing, but right now, you've got to trust us, and we got to go," Dean ordered. "Look at my face and tell me if I'm lying to you." Mary studied Dean's expression and body language, her eyes starting to water as she stared back up at him in fear.

"Okay. Where do we go?" she gave in. Cassandra breathed a sigh of relief.

"Out of here. We got to move now, though," she informed the Winchester woman. Mary nodded.

"Okay. But what do I tell John?"

"Just tell him—" Dean cut himself off upon noticing the lack of conversation from the kitchen. He furrowed his eyebrows and glanced over towards the room, looking back to Cassandra. "John?" Dean called out.

"Dean, I can't feel his presence," Cassandra told her boyfriend shakily. Dean licked his lips and nodded as he lead them into the hallway where Mary's gaze landed on a note by the phone, John's handwriting scrawled out across it. Mary pulled the small clipboard from the wall to read it before glancing over her shoulder at the trio who all exchanged glances.

Back in 15

J

~*~

Everyone had piled into the stolen car in a rush, Mary and Cassandra sitting in the back. It was silent almost the whole ride to the garage where John worked. Mary kept her gaze on Cassandra, studying her. Finally after a few minutes Cassandra snapped and narrowed her eyes at Mary.

"What?"

"You were scared of John," Mary said softly. "Why?"

Cassandra crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her gaze out her window. Dean glanced at her in the rearview mirror and sighed. "Cassy, she's right. You seemed pretty spooked. What's up?" Dean asked. The Nephilim cleared her throat.

"Nothing. He just looks like someone I know." Mary furrowed her eyebrows. "Let's just get to the garage before Anna beats us to it. I have a feeling John also relies on my future," Cassandra muttered. Sam and Dean exchanged glances before Dean pressed her foot harder on the gas, flooring it the rest of the way.

Cassandra managed to teleport in just as Anna threw John back into a large shelf. "Anna!" she yelled out, briefly distracting the angel to let Dean sneak up on her. "This is not your fight."

"Nor is it yours, Cassandra Moore. Their lives don't affect yours," Anna told her. Cassandra's fists clenched at her sides and her irises glowed a blue as deep as the ocean. She pulled out her angel blade as a signal for Dean to pull out the one Castiel lent him. Anna sensed the movement and spun around, grabbing Dean's wrist and wrapping her hand around his throat.

"I wish I could say it's good to see you, Anna," Dean grunted.

"You too, Dean," Anna replied. Before Cassandra could react, the redheaded angel sent Dean flying out of a window. Mary lunged for the abandoned blade on the ground just as the Nephilim lunged for the angel, only to get thrown back into a pole. The blonde groaned and tried to force herself off of the ground, watching as Mary swung at Anna. Cassandra blocked out John's stares. Mary managed to slash Anna's hand, distracting her briefly. Cassandra ran forward and took a swing but Anna ducked, vanishing into thin air. Mary glanced around.

Cassandra's gaze landed on the angel as she appeared behind the Winchester who spun around, slashing at her. Anna caught her hand. "I'm sorry," Anna said before flinging her into the windshield of the closest car. Mary crawled over the hood of the car and slid off, stumbling to a bench to grab a crowbar.

Cassandra managed to push herself off of the floor, channeling all of her energy that she could muster and running forward just as Mary drove the crobar through Anna's chest. Blood dribbled out of the angel's mouth but she showed no reaction. The Huntress only stared in shock as Anna pulled the blood crowbar from her body.

"Sorry. It's not that easy to kill an angel," Anna told her. Cassandra raced forward with her angel blade in hand, only for Anna to spin around and drive the crowbar through her stomach. Cassandra gasp and clutched the iron rod just as Mary screamed out. "I'm sorry, Cassandra, but you're in the way. You should know that you can't kill angels this early into training."

"No." Sam's voice echoed throughout the garage. Everyone turned to see the Hunter with a bloody palm standing in front of an angel banishing sigil painted in his own blood on the wall. "But you can distract 'em." He slammed his palm against the sigil, watching as Anna vanished into a bright light.

Cassandra staggered back, still clutching the cowbar. "Cassy!" Dean yelled out, racing forward. He steadied her as she let her eyes flutter closed. Mary and John watched with wide eyes as she yanked the bar out of her body, the metal clattering to the ground after she threw it down. "Cassy?" Her legs started to give out and she fell to her knees, Dean sinking down with her.

"I'm fine," she gasped out. John's gaze locked on Cassandra as she ran her hand over the wound, gritting her teeth in pain as a warm sensation rushed throughout her body, her cells rapidly regenerating as if she had never even been cut. Cassandra collapsed against Dean, unconscious, as the use of her powers had drained her.

"Dammit, Cassy," Dean muttered, shaking his head. "I knew we should've left you at the hotel with Cas."

~*~

John sat behind the wheel of the Impala, Mary riding shotgun while the Winchester brothers sat in the back with Cassandra wedged between them. Her eyes fluttered open and she groaned as John's voice rang throughout her ears, waking her.

"Monsters. Monsters?" John asked.

"Yes," Mary replied, a bit irritated.

"Monsters are real," John said to no one in particular. The three Hunters in the backseat exchanged glances.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how—"

"And you fight them?" John interrupted. He glanced at the trio in the rearview mirror. "All of you?" Sam sighed and nodded.

"Yeah," Sam muttered. John stared ahead at the road for a moment, mulling it over in his brain. He was desperately trying to take all of this in but react calmly, much different from how Cassandra had reacted. Her first impression on the supernatural world resulted in a screaming fit, a stubbed toe, and running from demons and angels with an angel and two Hunters.

"How long?" he demanded.

"All my life," Mary said softly, glancing over at her husband out of the corner of her eye. "John, just try to understand—"

"She didn't exactly have a choice—" Dean tried to defend.

"Shut up, all of you!" the elder Winchester yelled. "Look, not another word, or so help me, I will turn this car around!" Silence fell over the Impala, Sam, Dean, and Cassandra all exchanging shocked glances.

"Wow. Awkward family road trip," Dean commented. Sam scoffed, nodding in agreement.

"No kidding."

"Let's just invite Michael and it'll be a party," the Nephilim retorted sarcastically, rolling her blue eyes. Dean bit back a laugh and pulled her against him, the blonde resting her head on his shoulder in exhaustion. She curled up into Dean's side and let herself drift off to sleep until they'd arrive at the Campbell house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 351 48
With the apocalypse officially started, Alexis is being pulled in a million different directions. She's trying to avoid both Eden and Eric at all cos...
184K 4.9K 32
Highest Rankings: #1 in Angels #1 in Sam Winchester #1 in Dean Winchester #1 in Nephilim #2 in Supernatural #2 in Heaven #4 in Winchester ~~~ ...
1K 148 66
Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life seems pretty okay until Jessica was thrown...
113K 3.7K 69
"I like you, Dean. I get what the other angels see in you. Goodbye. We'll meet again soon." Lucifer turns to walk away. Someone appears next to Lucif...