Dancing In The Rain •Sirius B...

By WeasleyGirl04

•Book 1• "You know what? You're right! I'm not gonna sit here and sob over a stupid boy! In fact, I'm gonna d... More

A Fair Warning
Cast
Trailer
Aesthetics
Playlists
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Completed And Sequel
Quotes
I Got Tagged!
I Got Tagged Again!
Let's Just Admire The Artwork
More Artwork!
But Wait, There's More!
There's Still More!
Some Masterpieces

Chapter 28

8.4K 212 74
By WeasleyGirl04

•Edited•

~Claire~

The day went by fairly quick.
After an hour or so of talking with the guys. Lily came. Claiming she was wondering where Camellia and I went.

So Lily joined us, and we talked for awhile before heading down to breakfast.

That was normal. As were our classes. But once classes were over, we went to dinner. And then it was interesting.

"Wait a minute. Where's Peter?" Lily asked, looking up and down the Gryffindor table.
"Oh, he had to go home to visit his mom. Apparently she's sick," James answered, a frown evident on his face.
"Horrible time to be sick too. With all the Death Eater attacks lately," Camellia stated.
"Especially with the latest," Remus added.
"The latest?" I asked, not having the chance to read the Daily Prophet this morning.
"There was a big attack last night. Death Eaters attacked a whole neighborhood. Killed 23 muggles and a muggleborn wizard," Sirius explained.

I frowned at this information.

Voldemort was growing more and more powerful as the days passed, and it was definitely scary.

I sighed, and looking at the watch on Sirius's wrist, right next to the leather bracelet with the dog paw I gave him. Realizing it was already 6:45, meaning I needed to get ready for Sirius and I's date.

"I've got to go," I claimed, standing up and pulling my legs over the bench.
"Where are you going?" Camellia asked, looking up at me.
"I've got to get ready for the date Sirius owes me," I stated.
"Yes! C'mon Lily, we've got to help her!" Camellia stated, grabbing Lily's hand and pulling her up. Then grabbing my hand, she dragged us out of the Great Hall.

Camellia and Lily sat me down on my bed and started working.

"Girls. You know I could just wear leggings and a sweatshirt?" I asked as they started digging through my trunk for clothes.
"Nonsense! You are going to look fabulous!" Lily claimed.
"Now. Do you know where you're going?" Camellia asked, holding up a purple blouse and then throwing it behind her.
"Um. No? But I know it's going to be cold," I said, watching Lily with wide eyes as she pulled a curling iron out of the cabinet in our bathroom.

Because Hogwarts had no electricity, the curling iron was cordless. Courtesy of Camellia, who had charmed it long ago.

"Um, what are you doing with that?" I questioned.
"I'm curling your hair," Lily answered, rolling her eyes.
"I'VE GOT IT!" Camellia exclaimed, holding up a white shirt, a leather jacket and dark skinny jeans.
"I really hope you don't expect me to wear that," I stated, my eyes widening.
"Of course we expect you to wear this," Camellia laughed, throwing the outfit on the bed.

After a lot of begging, the girls finally convinced me to try it on.

And I will admit.

I kind of liked it.

"Merlin, Claire. You look good in leather jackets," Lily stated and
Camellia nodded in agreement.

I really couldn't deny it.

"I mean. Yeah. I guess I do," I agreed.

As a response, Lily pulled me back over to the bed and started curling my hair.

Camellia started on my makeup, and soon they were placing me in front of the mirror.

"Merlins beard! Red lipstick! Seriously?!" I exclaimed, mentally laughing at the word 'Seriously' and realizing just how insane I am.
"You're wearing black and white! We needed a pop of color! And speaking of which, look at these shoes!" Camellia exclaimed, shoving red heels in my face.
"No! No! And no!"
"Yes!"

I groaned when they finally convinced me to put them on.

I wanted to scowl at them, but then I grinned as I realized something.

"Guys! I'm going to be as tall as Sirius!" I exclaimed.
"That's great, but look at this necklace I found!" Lily squealed, showing Camellia the huge red jeweled necklace.
"It's gorgeous!Claire you should wear this one," Camellia stated, going to take my dog paw necklace off.

My hand instantly went to my necklace, keeping her from removing it.

"No. I want to wear this one," I said, eyeing them so that they knew they weren't going to be able to convince me not to.

Lily shrugged and continued looking, finally finding a bunch of bracelets and a ring.

By the time they were done, I couldn't deny I looked good. But I was worried Sirius wouldn't like it.

However, there was no time to worry about that as the girls pushed me out of the door.

"C'mon Claire, you don't want to keep Sirius waiting," Lily giggled.

We could see the guys on the couch in the common room, but they didn't notice us until we started down the stairs. My heels clicking on the process.

Sirius grinned when he saw me. Walking to the bottom of the stairs to greet me.

I was steps away from him when Lily and Camellia pushed me, causing me to fall into Sirius's arms.

"Lily! Camellia!" I scowled.
"Sorry Claire! We had to do it!" Lily laughed.

I glared at them, straightening myself up.

I turned back to Sirius, who was looking at my jacket.
"I never thought I'd see you in a leather jacket," Sirius muttered, his cheeks tinted pink.

I snorted and started walking towards the door.

"C'mon Sirius. I want to be as far away as possible from those two."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" I asked as Sirius lead me into a secret passage behind the One-Eyed Witch.
"Somewhere."

Eventually we reached the end, avoiding hitting our heads in the process.

Sirius opened what seemed to be a trapdoor that lead into a cellar.

"Where are we?" I questioned.
"Follow me," Sirius replied.

He grabbed my hand, leading me up some stairs.

The familiar smell of sugar hit me and I instantly knew where we were.

"Are we in Honeydukes Sirius?!"
"Yep."
"Are you crazy?!"
"Probably."

Sirius lead me over to the candies, grabbing a chocolate frog as he went.

"Well. Pick some stuff out," Sirius urged.
"What?! I'm not going to steal candy!" I exclaimed, watching as he grabbed a bag of Chocoballs he knew I'd like.
"We're not going to steal anything. I'll pay," Sirius reassured, pointing to some Treacle Fudge and raising an eyebrow at me, as if to ask if I wanted it.

I glared at him for a second before grabbing the fudge myself and walking over to the cash register.

Sirius followed, popping the cash register open and dropping some galleons in.

"Look, I'll even give them a tip," Sirius laughed, dropping a few sickles as well.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a Honeydukes bag, putting the Treacle Fudge, Chocoballs and Sirius's Chocolate Frog in the bag.

"Where too?" I asked as we walked out of the shop.

I took this moment to admire the small village.

All of the lights were out, so it looked like an abandoned village. Except for the one sign of life that came from The Three Broomsticks.

The only place where the lights were on.

"The Three Broomsticks is open day and night. So I thought we could go there," Sirius explained.
"But won't we get caught?" I asked, glancing up at him.

Even with heels he was taller.

"No. They'll notice, but they're required to serve us. Even if we snuck out."

We walked in silence, until Sirius spoke.
"Are you wearing red lipstick?"

I scowled at him and crossed my arms.

"Lily and Camellia made me. Said it was a pop of color," I grumbled.
"It's cute on you," Sirius stated, grabbing my hand.

And then I had an idea.

"Hey Sirius?" I asked, trying to get his attention.
"Yeah?" He replied, turning towards me.

Before he could react, I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his cheek.

"Now you have red lipstick," I giggled.
"I think I'll leave it," Sirius claimed, opening the door for me to enter the small pub.

I grinned at him and walked in. Warmth filling my body as I did so.

Rosmerta came over after we sat ourself at a small booth.

She went to greet us, but grinned when she saw Sirius.

"Hey Sirius, snuck out again I see," She said, pulling her notepad out to take our orders.
"Yep, put not with James. I've got a very special person with me tonight," Sirius stated, nodding his head in my direction.

I rolled my eyes, but blushed when Rosmerta started squealing.

"This is Clairesse isn't it?!" Rosmerta squealed.
"Um, hi?" I said, waving slightly.
"Merlins beard, you are!" She exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow at Sirius, who was just grinning.

"My goodness! I've heard so many good things about you!" Rosmerta said, smiling from ear to ear.
"You have?" I questioned.
"Merlin yes! Every single time I see this boy in here – if it's with his three other friends or just the one friend – he is always talking about you!" She stated.
"Oh does he?" I asked, grinning over at Sirius, who was not grinning anymore.
"Oh yes! I've even sat down with him before so that he could rant about you. Always something about your eyes. I have no idea how one boy could be so attached to eyes!" Rosmerta exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow at Sirius, who's eyes were wide.

"Always talking about how you're eyes are perfectly round. The amount of times I've heard him say the sentence 'I love her big round eyes' is unbelievable," She said.
"Rosmerta, how about some food?" Sirius suggested.

Rosmerta nodded and took our orders before going over to the kitchen, her green heels clicking as she walked off.

"Big round eyes huh?" I giggled, turning back to Sirius.
"What? It's true," He stated.
"I've heard you say a lot of things about me, but I've never heard that one," I admitted.
"What? That's my favorite part about your appearance, you're big round, friendly eyes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we ate, Sirius paid Rosmerta, leaving her a tip, and we left the pub.

It was cold outside, which was expected seeing as its December. Which reminds me.
"What are you doing for the Holidays?" I questioned, remembering that we left to go home for the Holidays in only three days.

Sirius thought for a second before answering.

"Well, I'm going to the Potters house for sure. Lily, Peter, Remus and Camellia will be there for most of the holiday as well," Sirius explained.
"I didn't know that," I stated, furrowing my eyebrows at the information.
"Well, James asked us guys this morning. Remus told Camellia. James told Lily. And I'm telling you now," Sirius stated, and I nodded to show I understood.

I honestly didn't care what I did for the holidays. I just didn't want to see my father.

"I know you're not going to like this, but I do really want to meet your parents. Or at least your mum," Sirius said, tightening his grip on my hand.

I could tell he was worried I'd start yelling at him for suggesting it, as he started looking around the village as we walked to who knows where.

"I, um, I mean if you want to," I mumbled, searching for something to say.
"I don't want to if you don't. But I just want to meet your mum at least," Sirius said.
"Okay. I'll owl my mum and we can both go meet her in Diagon Alley or something for lunch," I suggested. "But I'm staying with you for break," I added quickly.
"That sounds great," He chuckled.

I realized we were back in the castle. But we were definitely not going to the common room.

"Where are we going Sirius?" I asked for what felt like the millionth time today. And he responded with the same word.
"Somewhere."

We walked for another few minutes before we reached the stairs that led to the Astronomy Tower.

I sighed as I saw the stairs, and Sirius seemed to notice.

"Come here," Sirius laughed.

Raising an eyebrow at him, I walked towards him.
He picked me up and put me over his shoulder.

I squealed as he started walking up the stairs, kicking my legs and banging my fists against his back.

"Sirius Orion Black the Third! Put me down!" I yelled.

He just chuckled and continued up the stairs.

Eventually I stopped trying to get him to put me down and relaxed. Taking this moment to realize how scary going up stairs like this was.

The stairs kept going down, and down. Every time we went up a step, we got higher.

I noticed Sirius only had one arm around my legs. The other was in his pocket as he climbed the stairs.

I looked back down at the many stairs. Realizing that if Sirius dropped me, I'd go tumbling down those many stairs.

Nobody could survive that.

"S-Sirius?" I said, trying to get his attention.
"Yeah?" Sirius responded.
"C-Can you please put me down?" I asked, my voice cracking as he came to a stop in the middle of the many stairs, making me lean forwards an inch before stopping completely.
"Are you okay Claire?" Sirius questioned, setting me down on my heels.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, taking a deep breath.
"No you're not. What's wrong?" Sirius asked.
"I-I was just scared you'd drop me. We're really high up," I mumbled.

He frowned at me before reaching out to grab my hand.

"I'd never drop you Claire," Sirius
reassured.
"But you cou-" I was cut off though as I took a step away from him, forgetting we were in the middle of a tall staircase.

Before I could even scream though, Sirius's hand grabbed mine, pulling me up into his chest.
"I'd never drop you," He repeated.

I went to open my mouth, but Sirius led me up the stairs. Still holding my hand.

We reached the top of the tower, and Sirius led me over to the edge.

The stars were out, shining in the night sky.

I watched as the trees blew in the wind, sending the last of the leaves through the air.
The sky showed no sign of clouds, just, stars.

"Sirius, its beautiful," I said, turning towards him to find him staring at me.
"Not as beautiful as you," Sirius mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him, but I still flung my arms around him. Pressing my lips against his.

Sparks went through me as our lips touched, moving in sync.
His arms went around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

I pulled away from him after awhile, him still holding me close.

"I love you, Sirius," I mumbled into his chest.
"I love you too, Claire," Sirius replied, pulling away so that he could pick me up bridal style.

He carried me down the stairs, reminding me that he wasn't going to drop me as we went.

I closed my eyes and nuzzled into his chest.

I wasn't tired, but it was very comfortable.

I thought about what I wanted to do when we graduated.

I want to be an auror. I know for sure I want to help fight in the war.
But I don't know what's going to happen to Sirius and I.

Maybe we'll buy a big house and get married and have a whole Quidditch team of kids.
Maybe we'll get married and have one kid but live in an apartment.
Maybe we'll get married and have no kids.
Or maybe we'll break up, or get divorced.
What if we never get a future together.

Before I could realize I was scrunching my face up at the thought, Sirius pointed it out.

"Claire? Are you okay?" Sirius asked.
"I-I'm fine. Just thinking," I replied.
"About?" Sirius inquired.

I sighed, not knowing how he would react if I told him.

But deciding it was better saying it then not saying it, I spoke, "About our future."
"What about our future?" He asked, his voice soft. Making me feel like he wouldn't mind if I talked about this.
"Whether or not we'll get married, or have kids, or if we get a house," I said.
"Why'd you scrunch your face up?" Sirius questioned.
"Then I thought, less, erm, happy thoughts," I mumbled, carefully choosing my words.

He sighed before speaking.

"What do you want to do?" Sirius asked.
"Well, honestly, I do want to get married. But I don't want to talk about this if you're uncomfortable," I said, allowing him to set me down on the step we were on.

We started walking down together, talking about what we wanted to do.

"I'd like to get married," Sirius said, wrapping his arm around my waist.
"Really?" I asked, smiling up at him.
"Of course. As long as it's you I'm marrying," Sirius replied, smiling down at me.

I had taken my heels off and was carrying them in my hand, so I was a lot shorter than him now.

"When would you want to get married?" Sirius asked.
"Well, I honestly don't care when we get married. I would be fine if we were engaged and still at Hogwarts. Then got married as soon as we left," I said, beaming at the subject of this conversation.
"And what about kids? If I'm being honest, I do really want at least one kid," Sirius mumbled.

I gasped at this.

"Merlins beard. The Sirius Black wants kids! Who would've thought?!" I exclaimed.

Sirius rolled his eyes at me, but chuckled.

"I'll agree though. I do want at least one kid," I admitted.

Eventually we reached the common room, and had to say goodnight.

"Thank you Sirius. I had fun. But I have to ask, you only owed me for not being able to take me out in the rain. That date was probably our best date yet. Why'd you go all out?" I questioned.
"Because I owed you for that, and because we didn't do much for our one year anniversary. I wanted to make up for that," Sirius explained.

I smiled at him.
"Thank you, Sirius."
"Your welcome.....love," He said, hesitating at the last word.
"Love?" I questioned, grinning at my new name.
"I can change it if you don't like it," He added quickly.
"No, I love it," I smiled.

I gave him a quick kiss before running over to the stairs that led to the girls dormitory.

"I love you, Sirius," I called.
"I love you too, love."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter has over 3,000 words in it! That's probably one of the longest chapters I've ever written!
And my reason for it, is because this story has over 3,000 reads!!!
That's crazy!
It's not even finished!
I'm so happy you guys like this story, it's honestly my favorite out of my current stories.
Also, I'm starting to realize that most of my A/N's I guess you could call it, have ended with 'Have a nice day' or something like that.
So, have a nice day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 56 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...
8.7K 133 71
Marauders oneshots and headcannons. A fun book of all of the mischief the Marauders get themselves into, and how they get out. Or don't, and get dete...
3K 182 25
❝I fucking lost control and almost hurt you.❞ She never knew what she would become. She never knew what would happen in her future. She never knew of...
106K 3K 57
In which a group of lions learned from a miserable snake who was searching for the wonderful, while all shapes of love formed. --- Marauders Era - En...