Sin City (SAMPLE)

By justcallmesavage

Welcome to Sin city. A city filled with dreams only money can buy, and in order to make it to great heights o... More

✟ Copyrights
✟ Prologue
✟ What led them back to the Hood
✟ 1. Product of my Enviroment
✟ 2.| Stubborn
✟ 3.| Power
✟ 4.| Chosen

✟ 5.| Changes

9.6K 533 305
By justcallmesavage

"Always go through with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that's going to help you grow." - Caroline Myss

D R E A M casually walked throughout Macy's, casually skimming through the baby section while pushing a stroller. Her neatly arched eyebrows furrowed together, as she continued to search for name brand items as her mind went in overdrive.

After staying in the baby section for so long, she decided to go over to where the women's department was and picked up a few things. Dream grabbed about five items she planned to try on and properly laid them on the stroller before heading to the dressing room.

"How many?" The ditsy white girl asked with a bright smile.

"Just five." Dream smiled in return looking around the store locking eyes with her sister before placing her attention back on the employee who handed her a door hanger with a number five on it.

Dream could tell the employee was about to tell her she wouldn't be able to take the stroller in the back, so for dramatic effect, she hit a button causing a baby's cries to erupt from behind the blanket covering the stroller. It was a high end, fancy stroller with a place that zipped up behind where the baby sat.

The perfect place to store stolen items.

"I'm so sorry. He's cranky today, teething I believe." Dream sighed, "I'll just have to put all this back and-"

"No it's fine, just take the stroller with you and get him settled then try on the clothes." The employee spoke causing Dream to smile and thank her.

When she got to her dressing room, she waited a few seconds before she shut off the crying and changed it to noises of a baby sucking on a bottle. In the midst of the invisible baby sucking on a bottle, she pulled out her sensor remover and began to remove the sensors on the baby items she stuffed inside the secret department on the stroller.

As soon as she was done, she placed all her stolen items back in the secret department and walked out of the dressing room. She tossed the sensors in a garbage can and headed back to meet the employee giving her back four outfits and the door hanger before making her way to the register.

The only reason she was buying an outfit, was to make things less suspicious.

After she paid for that one outfit, she left out of Macy's and headed out to the car storing away the items in the trunk of her sister's car. The two had traveled all the way to Houston just to hit a lick, along with her friend Monroe.

Monroe was already at the car, and now the two were just waiting on Dream's sister Danielle. Not long after Danielle came out, and the three left the scene like never ever happened.

Danielle had a boyfriend that lived in the Houston area, so Dream and Monroe dropped her off. Dream didn't understand why she dealt with someone that couldn't do anything but give her a wet ass, but she didn't care because it was Danielle's life.

After dropping Danielle off, Monroe and Dream decided to grab some food from Timmy Chan's. Monroe having general chicken with shrimp fried rice and an egg roll, while Dream opted for buffalo wings and fries.

"I gotta pay this damn light bill when we get back," Monroe sighed pushing her pink curls out her face, "Styles getting on my damn nerves, I wish he would find him a damn job."

Monroe wasn't your typical female. She came from a family that knew struggle like no other, but it taught all the women how to hustle.

She had been hustling since she was thirteen, periodically nickel and diming. She eventually graduated to stealing, which was something she was good at and it was easy for her to get out of trouble due to her good looks.

Her tawny yellowish-brown skin tone was blemish-free and covered with exquisite tattoos with color that would pop. She stood a solid 5'3 with slim thighs, and round butt that she bought and didn't mind telling you that she paid for it.

Monroe's stomach was flat and toned, decorated with a pink Cannabis belly button ring. Her facial features were just right!

Her lips were full, not too big or slim bringing out her round-tipped nose. Monroe's dull brown eyes were complimented by long mink lashes bringing out the natural sparkle in her eyes.

When Rick Ross said "Got a bad bitch she a masterpiece", in not so many words he was speaking of Monroe.

"I thought he found a job." Dream mumbled nibbling on a fry.

"Quit the next day, talking about he didn't like the way his boss was talking to him." Monroe frowned rolling her eyes.

Monroe had been with her man Styles for a total of five years. With her being a girl who didn't have that love growing up, when Styles came into the picture he showed her exactly what love was.

The two had never cheated on each other, even had a handsome two-year-old son. The only problem in the relationship, Styles didn't have a job or hustle.

He was a stay at home father. Funny how the roles were reversed in society.

Dream giggled, "Which is worse? The way his boss talks to him or the way you talk to him?"

"Right! Don't get me wrong I love my man, I just need him to do better. I'm out here hustling and busting my ass, meanwhile he at home cooking and cleaning and kicking his feet up. Do you know how much I pay in rent? $2400, and he can't help with a dime. Not to mention any other bill for that matter. I'm taking care of him, me, and our son. I gotta spoil his ass when it should be the other way around, he should feel like less of a man." Monroe complained picking at her food, "God forbid I go to jail, who the hell gon' make sure my baby taken care of?"

Dream nodded in understanding. Although her friend's man couldn't provide, she should be happy she had a man that wasn't lazy.

He cooked, cleaned, listened to her talk about her day, and fucked her good till her eyes rolled in the back of her head. And he didn't cheat!

So because he lacked this one thing, she was almost ready to throw the whole man away.

"Well you know we'll make sure lil man good, but don't give up so quick on y'all. He just has to find something he loves, at least you living with your man." Dream spoke her soft voice filled with disappointment.

"It might be a lil too early for you and Ro to move in, y'all only two months in." Monroe reasoned with Dream, "Nightcaps are nice though."

"I don't have time for that, and I also don't have time to be sneaking and having sex." Dream reasoned while Monroe stuck her bottom lip out and nodded agreeing, "I don't even go over his house no more because for one his brother don't like me, and for number two I don't think his mama like me either."

"Niggas mamas don't never like the girlfriend, especially when you trying to get him to do better," Monroe mumbled filling her mouth with food.

"She just don't want them boys to move out cause her lazy ass don't pay no bills." Dream said rolling her eyes, "Plus I need my own place, cause Danielle badass kids get on my nerves and every time I turn around she got her hand out. If I'ma give her all this money, I might as well have my own shit. Ro giving her money for setting up his credit card scamming business and for me, I'm giving her money. This bitch getting over."

"Agreed, and then she just leave her kids off on you." Monroe reminded Dream, whose eyes grew wide.

"Right! If I wanted to watch some damn kids, I'd have my own. I talked to Ro, told him I found us a place and he like nah we ain't ready for all that. He just, he can't focus on hisself cause he gotta take care of everybody in America. He got his mama, dumb ass brother-"

"Lauren." Monroe giggled as Dream kissed her teeth, "I'm just teasing. Do y'all ever talk about her?"

"For what?" Dream asked with attitude.

"Don't get all hostile with me, that may be the problem. He can't move on with you, cause he stuck on her. You don't get over somebody in two months when y'all been joined at the hip since y'all could breathe." Monroe explained as Dream rolled her eyes and waved it off.

"I honestly doubt he's stuck on her. Nobody has time for a bitch with insecurities." Dream proposed while Monroe just pursed her lips together.

Dream felt a little uneasy but decided to brush it off after she convinced herself that Romeo didn't want Lauren anymore. At least she hoped so.

❄️❄️❄️

"So I was thinking, we can go to Razoo's tonight," Marissa spoke as she walked across the parking garage to her cocaine white four-door Audi sedan.

"I can't baby, I got business to handle." Fetty spoke into the phone causing Marissa to instantly kiss her teeth, "Come on, don't act like that. Take your girls out, everything on me."

"I don't wanna go eat with them. I was trying to eat with you, and go home and fuck." Marissa huffed hitting the locks on her car, before snatching the door open and throwing her purse in the passenger seat.

"Yo mouth so reckless man," Fetty chuckled, "I'll be through after I finish what I'm doing."

"Sure, whatever," Marissa answered and hung up the phone.

She finally climbed in her car and shut the door as she started the engine. Marissa turned on the heat and began to take off her coat, gloves, and hat as the heat kicked in.

Once she was settled, she pulled out of her parking space and then headed out of the parking garage in the direction of her mother's house. On the way, she decided to give Lauren a call to see if she wanted to link up with their friend Natalia.

"Hello?" Lauren mumbled into the phone.

"Get up, what you doing tonight?" Marissa asked tapping her thumb against the steering wheel.

"I gotta work," Lauren mumbled into the phone, trying to get comfortable in bed for a nap.

"Work? Where? When did you get a job?" Marissa asked lifting an eyebrow.

"Strip Club, Mirage. Not long ago," Lauren yawned into the phone.

"WHAT?!" Marissa yelled into the phone almost slamming on breaks, which made Lauren laugh at the reaction.

"Why are you yelling?" Lauren asked curiously.

"Because you about to die. You have more morals than any female I know, and the strip club was your last result?!" Marissa asked in disbelief, "Oh my God the twins gonna kill you. I don't know who'll be madder and do it first, Ro or Raphael."

"Probably Raphael, but everybody can take a chill pill I'm not stripping. I'm a bottle girl." Lauren assured her.

"Whose bright ass idea was this?" Marissa asked with attitude.

"It was just a suggestion that came at the perfect time. I'm nervous, I know how catty females can be about their money. I watched Player's Club." Lauren said causing Marissa to burst into laughter.

"You're so silly, I wanna come. I had plans with Fetty, but he has business." Marissa mimicked making Lauren laugh, "Plus, I'll be there to Sharkeisha a bitch in case she act up."

"That's big of you, I guess you're feeling like Suge Knight." Lauren laughed making Marissa laugh.

"Shut up, should I invite Talia?" Marissa questioned.

"God no, Glock might come in the club and beat her ass," Lauren said while Marissa nodded agreeing.

"True, he shocked the hell out of me when he came in Applebee's a couple of weeks ago while we was all in there eating and dragged her out," Marissa said shaking her head at the vivid memory.

"Snatched her whole sew-in out," Lauren replied sadly.

"Well, that's a no. Ooh, let me come do your hair and makeup." Marissa smiled excitedly.

"Just pick me up whenever I gotta be at the club at nine," Lauren informed her.

"Cool, when I leave my mom's house, I'll come get you," Marissa replied to her.

"Tell her I said hello." Lauren yawned.

"Will do," Marissa said before hanging up the phone.

It wasn't long before she arrived at her mother's house, which was a three-bedroom house in a nice, black middle-class neighborhood. Her mother, Sydnee was a Juvenile Probation officer and in her spare time, she was a nail tech.

Sydnee was thirty-seven, with a golden skin tone that paired well with her hazel eyes. She had a narrow nose, which broadcasted her small lips that were always twisted into a pout while her round cheeks were so poised.

She stood a solid 5'6, with a small torso and the perfect set of hips that stuck out. Her backside wasn't the biggest, but it was enough to grab and notice.

She was beautiful all together so it didn't matter.

Marissa parked her car and shut it off putting back on her winter wear. Once she was situated she got out and headed inside her mother's house using her key.

Upon her entering, the scent of food being cooked touched her nose and instantly made her stomach growl. You could hear bleeping noises coming from the TV, as Marissa moved further into the house to see her mom standing in the kitchen babysitting a glass of white wine while watching Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Per usual, she was dressed in white with her curly hair pushed back due to the Gucci silk scarf she wore.

"Hey ma," Marissa spoke pulling off her entire again.

"Hey," Sydnee's eyes beamed with excitement as her lips twisted into a smirk, "How was work?"

"Work was work, what you cooking?" Marissa asked walking over to the sink to wash her hands.

"Chili." Sydnee admitted, "God I can't stand Kenya."

"Really? I like her." Marissa said glancing over into the living room that held the 80" TV.

"She does too much, and her hair always looks nappy." Sydnee mumbled taking a sip of her drink, "Staying over and watching movies with me?"

"I'd love to but, I have to go babysit Lauren at her new job just to make sure nobody tries her," Marissa said now drying her hands.

"Where does she work now? A fight club?" Sydnee asked causing Marissa to laugh and look into the pot on the stove, "Put that on low."

"No," Marissa laughed, "She got a job at Mirage, I told you what happened at Walmart."

"Isn't that a strip club?" Sydnee asked lifting one of her thin brows.

"Mhm, but she's just a bottle girl." Marissa informed her, "She better get in and out."

"Right, I used to be a bottle girl when I was in school." Sydnee smiled thinking back to her younger days.

"And you also did a little photo shoot for Maxim." Marissa reminded her, picking up her phone to see a text from Fetty.

Fetty 🤤

Don't be mad at me bae. I promise I'll make it up to you.

Marissa didn't even bother to respond, her mood for him was killed for the rest of the night. She was thinking about entertaining this other guy she was seeing, but she was weighing her options.

He still lived at home and had a small hustle but the nigga had an amazing dick game. He even cooked breakfast!

"Still seeing that guy?" Sydnee asked her daughter.

She met Fetty a few times, and from the conversations they had she really liked him for her daughter. Not being one to be naive or turn a blind eye, she was aware of what Fetty did but besides his hustle, he was highly intelligent and he had a plan.

The question was would he make it to see his plan?

"Somewhat," Marissa said ignoring Fetty's text, to send a text to her other side nigga.

🍆💦

I want dick later.

"What is somewhat?" Sydnee questioned her.

"Somewhat as in," Marissa said touching her chin, "When I feel like it."

🍆💦

Our usual spot?

Sydnee let out a sigh and shook her head. "Do you ever plan on settling down? There's nothing wrong with that."

"Eventually, one day, maybe..." Marissa said thinking and shaking her head at the thought, "I'm focusing more on gaining maybe three more incomes."

"Nothing wrong with that, but money can't buy happiness." Sydnee tried to reason.

"Sure did buy my California king bed, that's all the happiness a girl needs." Marissa smiled and bit down on her bottom lip as she replied back to her text.

🍆💦

Yes. Two sounds good.

"I can't wait for the day you meet a man to humble your mean ass," Sydnee said shaking her head at her daughter.

"Hell will freeze over then," Marissa responded locking her phone, ready for the rest of this day to pan out so she could eventually enjoy her dick appointment.

❄️❄️❄️

"I want some gumbo, with just enough spice in it," Mylah said as she and Raphael walked through the mall.

As promised, he did take her shopping since school would be starting back from break in a couple of weeks and he wanted his sister to be comfortable. Romeo left home early that morning, claiming he had something important to do.

"Lets make that when we get back," Raphael suggested as the two ended up in a pet store, without him even realizing because he was on his phone.

It wasn't until he heard a puppy barking, he looked up and instantly frowned.

"Oh hell nah!" He said reaching for Mylah.

"I want a fish!" Mylah complained as he shook his head no.

"No, cause then you'll get bored with it and next thing you know the lil bitch floating at the top of the water." He complained as his phone rang, noticing it was a call from Lauren.

"I'm not!" Mylah argued quickly walking off, so Raphael wouldn't drag her out the store.

"Hello?" Raphael frowned looking around.

"Why the attitude?" Lauren asked packing up a bag.

"Mylah don' dragged me in a damn pet store," Raphael complained walking around.

"My baby here for the holidays?" Lauren asked with excitement.

"Nah, for good. A story for another time. Wassup?" Raphael asked changing the subject.

"Have you guys seen Snake?" Lauren asked zipping her bag.

"Nah, why?" Raphael asked playing it off picking up a bottle of fish food.

"Well, he hasn't been here or called in days. You know my mom is worried about him." Lauren said shrugging her shoulders.

"That's tragic, I ain't seen his dusty ass though." Raphael said, "What you got going on tonight?"

"I'm going to Rissa's, girl time. Why? You miss me big head?" Lauren teased him.

"Not really, I'm going out anyway. It's been a minute." Raphael said giving her half the truth.

"Well don't overdo it. We can link up tomorrow." Lauren suggested.

"Bet. Be easy, love you." Raphael said.

"I love you too Raphey," Lauren said before hanging up the phone.

"They don't have the fish I want," Mylah complained popping up on Raphael.

"That's what you get, that was God telling you that you don't need it. Let's go, we gotta go by the seafood market and all that shit." Raphael complained as the two left the store.

Even though he had business to handle later, he always made sure his family life was straight first. Romeo on the other hand, that was something he lacked with.

He would make sure everybody was good at the end of the day, but sometimes he put the wrong things first.

After shopping and getting things they needed, the two headed home after picking up what they needed to make gumbo. Raphael helped Mylah put her things away before the two began to prepare to cook.

Ariane walked out of her room carrying two bags.

"I'm going over to Gino house for a few days." She said speaking of a guy she had been seeing for a few months, "Raphael, don't bring none of them freak hoes in my house."

Mylah giggled, as she began to get the things they would need to cook.

"Whatever," Raphael mumbled as Ariane walked over and kissed the two before leaving.

"I need you to take me to get my licenses transferred," Mylah announced to Raphael.

"What licenses?" He asked with a frown.

"Driver's license, and my childcare license. I applied at a few daycares, and since I don't have any classes the last three periods of the day that would be the perfect time for me to work and get away from you and Romeo." Mylah said as Raphael playfully pushed her.

"I'll help you scrub. Speaking of license, they supposed to be sending me another bank card." Raphael said cleaning his hands off, so he could go look through the mail.

"You use a bank card? I thought you credit card scammed and sold drugs. I don't know too many criminals using credit cards." Mylah teased him as Raphael flicked her off. "And that doesn't have anything to do with a license."

"I'm trying to build my credit, I'm actually smarter than y'all think." He said walking outside to the mailbox.

When he opened the mailbox and realized there was nothing in there. Raphael made his way back to the house, and checked the bar which was the normal place mail was kept but unfortunately, the mail wasn't there.

Raphael went in his mother's room and did some snooping around for the mail. His patience was running thin because he couldn't find what he was looking for until he was snooping through his mother's nightstand drawers and ended up accidentally knocked a pillow on her bed down which resulted in some envelopes falling out of the pillowcase.

"What kind of shit?" Raphael said to hisself gathering the envelopes.

One envelope stood out, due to the red stamp that read important notice. From what Raphael could see, it was from the mortgage company so he quickly opened it.

It was a notice that they were behind $8,000 on their mortgage and they had exactly thirty days to pay the amount in full or their house would be up for foreclosure. Now Raphael was confused because he gave his mother the money for the mortgage every single month.

Question was, where was the money going?

❄️❄️❄️

"I look! I no see him!" Ae Sook yelled into the phone, as Lauren held her ear trying to hear her but it was proven to be hard being that she was in a locker room with a ton of strippers and music was playing.

"Ma he'll be home, stop worrying about him. I gotta go." Lauren said trying to end the call.

"But-" Before Ae Sook could finish, Lauren hung up the phone.

The locker room was in a frenzy, as the girls tried to look their best due to celebrities coming in the club tonight along with some legends in the drug game who had large amounts of money. A mix of perfume and sweat filled the locker room as Lauren looked at herself making sure she looked good.

She wore a red bodysuit, with Mirage written in gold writing. Her hair was in big curls, and Marissa took her time on her makeup complimenting her lips with red lipstick to match her attire.

It was a requirement for all bottle girls to wear flat boots, so they wouldn't run the risk of dropping drinks.

Lauren let out a sigh and put all her things in her locker. A few of the strippers had introduced themselves and complimented Lauren but they were just trying to be friends with her because she was a bottle girl.

With the bottle girls, it was easy for the strippers to gain access to the celebs which is why they tried to make friends with Lauren. She had a gorgeous face and a nice frame, so they were more than sure she would be serving the best seats in the club.

Though she was nervous, she had to suck it up and give herself a pep talk. Even though it wasn't her ideal job, she was driven by the hustle and at the end of the day, she was going to make something shake.

It was game time.

Meanwhile, on the floor of the club, Rayne Douglas stood in his section faking a smile he had learned to fake too long. His teammates surrounding him had a girl or a bottle, while he just looked around the club keeping in mind what his publicist said about him engaging in conversation with any stripper or how having a drink could cause him to hit blogs on how he wasn't the Christian he portrayed to be.

It was bad enough he was in a strip club anyway, however, he was in there for an appearance.

Rayne Douglas was the hottest thing on the map right now. He was a running back for the Dallas Cowboys and dominating the field.

He was like the American sweetheart because that was the image that was painted of him. Rayne didn't drink, didn't smoke, and he was a man that was faithful to his religion.

Rayne gave back to the community, donated to charity, not to mention he visited kids in the hospital. He even went above and beyond for his fans, meet and greets and sending things to fans who couldn't attend his games or meet and greets.

At only twenty-three years old, his net worth was five million and he had graced covers all over the world.

Although the club was rocking, Rayne was ready for the night to end. He would have much rathered been at home in bed, reading his bible or playing video games.

Rayne leaned over to his teammate, to tell him he was going to the bathroom before disappearing downstairs with his bodyguard. He was also weighing his options on whether to dip out early, but he couldn't or else he wouldn't get paid.

Plus, he didn't wanna be known as the guy that didn't do what he said he was going to do. Gas Pedal by Sage The Gemini was playing in the club, the bass from the speakers shaking the floors.

Some of the skimpy lingerie the strippers wore, glowed in the dark due to the neon lights in the club. There were even a few strippers wearing clear heels, that lit up at the bottom every time there was movement.

"Who the hell comes to the club and takes a shit in the bathroom?" Marissa complained storming out the bathroom, running a hand down her Roberto Cavalli dress without bothering to watch where she was going.

Which was funny, because she ended up bumping into Rayne's security guard who was trying to clear a path for him to walk through.

"Umm, excuse you!" Marissa spat at the big man who was sweating with each step he took.

"Sorry about that," Rayne spoke quickly trying to diffuse the situation, and his mouth instantly grew dry at the sight of Marissa.

She was beautiful to him!

"You should teach your workers to watch where they're walking, that's how people file lawsuits." Marissa frowned eyeing the two, causing Rayne to laugh, "This a joke to you?"

"No, not at all. You have a valid point," Rayne assured her, "Can I make this up to you? A drink? Dinner?"

"No," Marissa said looking him over, "I don't have time, and it was just a little bump."

With that being said, she stepped around him and sashayed through the crowd with her head held high. The way she carried herself and the way she talked did something to Rayne.

He didn't know who she was, but something deep down told him that he needed to find out.

Soon enough, he would.

Meanwhile, Fetty sat in the back of the club, in a VIP section with Kane. Kane was the reason Fetty was the man he was today.

Kane Santiago was his name, standing 6'2 and a solid 203lbs. He was light in complexion, with dark eyes that told you in not so many words he had witnessed somethings a lot of rappers rapped about.

There were tattoos covering his arms, hands, and he even had a couple of tear drops on his face. He had at least $150,000 worth of diamonds in his mouth and at least $30,000 worth of gold and diamonds resting on his chest.

If you looked closely at his curls that were cut low on his head, you would be able to tell he was mixed with something. Puerto Rican to be exact, most mistaken him for black.

Kane was a powerful man. He was next in line to follow in his father's footsteps, and next to have his own cartel.

Not only did he have plans to just run a cartel, but he also had some other things in mind as well.

Kane sat slightly aggravated, staring at the brown Henny sitting in his glass. The information that Fetty provided him with about Knots and Ro's crew was giving him a headache because this is some shit that could've been taken care of on their end.

Fetty had given a full description of everything that was going on, and just as he finished Knots and his crew arrived. Fetty just so happened to see Marissa and do a double-take, before he excused hisself from the table.

Fetty walked over, as Marissa stood at the bar patiently waiting to order a drink. She wanted to be good and tipsy before she met up with her other side nigga to get some dick.

When she felt a hard smack on her ass, she was about to grab a bottle off the bar out of instinct but when she smelled that familiar cologne her body instantly locked up. How ironic was it the two would run into each other here?

Marissa turned around, attitude written on her face as she stared up at Fetty.

"So you just let niggas slap you on the ass?" He asked looking down at her.

"I knew it was you, I know that damn Balmain cologne anywhere. What are you doing here?" Marissa asked lifting a brow, as the bartender tapped her shoulder, "Give me Henney on ice."

"Give her a virgin daiquiri." Fetty interrupted causing Marissa to look at him as if he lost his mind.

"Boy if you don't get that weak ass shit out of here, I said Henney on ice." Marissa clarified again, "What are you doing here?"

"Business, why you here? Looking for a treat for me?" Fetty smirked looking at the naked women prancing around the club.

"You don't deserve one of those right now, so no. It could be for myself." Marissa said just talking shit but Fetty frowned because he thought she was serious.

"Whatever, listen you need to go home," Fetty said as Marissa picked up her drink now and took a sip.

"Mhm, I just got here and I haven't had any fun yet. And since you said everything was on you, run me those bands." Marissa said eyeing him with her hand out.

"Rissa I'm serious, go home and I'll be there shortly," Fetty said in all seriousness.

With the way business was set up tonight having Knots and Romeo's crew in the club, there was no telling how things would end tonight. The last thing he needed was his girl in the line of fire.

"Lauren is working tonight, and I'm watching her," Marissa said in a matter of fact tone.

"What kind of family affair shit is this?" Fetty mumbled to hisself, aware that Romeo and Lauren used to date due to Marissa, "She a stripper now?"

"No, a bottle girl. I'm not leaving, so go handle your business." Marissa said stepping around him, walking away with her drink turned up to her lips but not without getting some money from Fetty first because he said that everything was on him tonight.

As bad as Fetty wanted to snatch Marissa up, he knew better. She had the tendency to act up in public sometimes.

He would just have to keep his eyes on her for the rest of the night.

Meanwhile, Lauren was making her way out on the floor with Mo.

"I'm trusting you with my loyal clients tonight. Very demanding, but they spend a good deal of money here." Mo said pointing over to where Fetty, Kane, and Knots were sitting.

Lauren quickly nodded and walked over to the table. When she finally got to the table, all eyes were on her.

She felt like a deer surrounded by wolves.

"Hi, my name is La I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you guys?" She asked as the men sat trying not to drool on their selves.

"Wassup La?" Fetty spoke to her.

"Hi Fetty, how are you?" Lauren spoke with a smile.

"Get us a bottle of that uh Ace of Spades," Kane spoke eyeing her.

"I'm a Belaire type of nigga." Knots smiled as Kane frowned.

"Well, I guess you better buy it yourself," Kane said causing Lauren to giggle a little before walking off.

While Lauren was off getting their drinks, they decided to jump straight into business.

"So I heard you having a lil problem," Kane said staring at Knots, whose heart was about to leap out his chest due to the dark eyes he was getting from Kane.

"Yeah, I got these lil niggas who ran up in my spots when I got my product." Knots informed Kane who downed the rest of his drink and eyed Knots while rubbing the side of his beard.

"And explain what the fuck that got to do with me," Kane said carelessly.

Knots looked over at Fetty, who was too busy staring at Marissa who was throwing money on stage.

"Like I was telling Fetty, it causes a problem for all us. If they hit me, I can't pay Fetty. If I can't pay Fetty, Fetty can't pay you. So you see how the cycle goes?" Knots explained to Kane as Lauren came over with the bottles on ice and glasses.

"Can I get y'all anything else?" She asked looking between the three.

"No, but thank you, sweetheart." Kane smiled at her as his eyes ran over her frame.

"No problem." Lauren smiled at him before walking off to tend to a few other tables.

"My friend, this sound like a problem on your end," Kane explained to Knots.

"I know, but what I'm trying to stress to you is that these niggas gon' keep hitting me." Knots explained to Kane.

"And you can't handle that?" Kane asked him in disbelief, "You gon' let some lil boys turn you pussy?"

Knots sat there and tapped his foot against the floor. He could see a street war brewing and though he had the muscle for it, he didn't have the brains.

Romeo and his crew were smart, they moved differently. It wasn't shit for them to get rid of you if they really wanted to.

"If you let these lil niggas trick you out your position, you was never made for the position anyway." Kane said, "I just better have my money, and that's that."

With that being said, Kane dismissed Knots with his hand. Knots stood and snatched his bottle off ice before storming away with his crew hot on his heels.

"I don't fucking like him, I hope them young niggas knock his head off. He in the game for the wrong reasons and can't even die bout his respect." Kane said just as Romeo and his crew walked into the club.

"Raphael and Menace just shut the fuck up and don't say nothing to this man out of line," Romeo warned the two.

"Don't tell me to shut the fuck up, you shut the fuck up. If a nigga get out of line, I'ma get on his ass I don't give a fuck who he is." Raphael assured him as Spook just shook his head and kept quiet.

The group made their way over to the table, causing Fetty to stand and they all slapped palms before taking a seat on the couch. Kane looked at the young men, and instantly had a respect for them.

It was the way they carried themselves. The way they walked in the room demanding respect, of had plans to take it if they didn't receive it.

"Knots told me what happened," Fetty said causing Romeo to glance at Raphael who invited hisself to a glass of Ace of Spades.

"Which version did he tell you?" Romeo questioned Fetty.

"He told me that you hit his spots. You know when you hit him, that's kind of like hitting me. Cause he doesn't have my money, and I don't have his money," Fetty said nodding over to Kane who was just watching closely.

"It ain't no disrespect to you Fetty, but Knots don' tried me one too many times. I stepped to him politely and gave him the option to work with me, he chose not to. It's either you with me or against me. He definitely not bout to run nothing through my hood and not pay me and my niggas a toll. You the distributor, this ain't got nothing to do with you. That hood still ours, belonged to my father and Uncle and what Knots not bout to do is disrespect us." Romeo said eyeing Fetty.

Spook sat there watching because that was the type of nigga he was. He watched and observed, and the slightest bit of movement would cause everything to go left.

Menace just sat war-ready, he came in with the intentions to fuck somebody up. Raphael, well he was just being his usual self and ready to show out as well.

He'd just gotten a brand new gun, and tonight would be the night on some Betty Wright shit.

"We got his shit," Raphael said taking a sip of his drink, "But he gotta buy it back."

"And pay a toll." Menace added in, while Romeo nodded agreeing.

Meanwhile, across the club, Knots sat watching the scene unfold. His jaw clenched at the sight of Ro and his crew, making conversation with Kane and Fetty.

He felt played. Maybe that's why Fetty wasn't trying to hear what he had to say, cause he was too busy trying to get in good with the crew.

"I told you to handle them." Deuce chuckled throwing a few ones on a stripper who was dancing on him, with a tattoo going down her spine of a clock that was halfway disappearing with dust flying. "Now they over there plotting on how they bout to knock you out the game. Kane feel like you not made for your position, now he bout to just hand it over to them."

Knots just sat there with a clenched jaw, fuming at the sight.

"What you gon' do?" Deuce taunted him.

Back at the table, the conversation was still going.

"So he gotta buy back his own drugs?" Fetty asked with a laugh glancing over at Kane who was laughing hisself.

"Yup, and if he feel like he wanna shoot it out we can do that too. Probably won't end in his favor, but the ball in his court and any more product he gets we gon' continue to take from him until he run us our money." Raphael said.

"I know y'all said y'all didn't want anything else but," Lauren said sitting a plate of wings down, "I brought this over just so y'all can soak up some of that liquor."

When she looked up at the faces, all the color in her face drained when she saw the twins. Romeo frowned at the sight of her trying to keep calm, but Raphael had already beat him to the punch jumping up and grabbing her.

"You lost your damn mind?" Raphael asked dragging her away from the table as Romeo sat there at a loss for words.

What was going so wrong in her life, she was in the strip club serving drinks? This life wasn't for her.

"Sister?" Kane asked watching Romeo while grabbing one of the wings.

In that one moment, he knew that Lauren was his weakness.

"Friend." Romeo cleared his throat, "Back to business."

In a split second, that made Kane lose just a little respect for him and gain more for Raphael. Raphael was taking care of family, while Ro was focused on business.

Not too many people knew it, but Kane was a family man. Married, with a daughter.

"Girl do you know I will break yo damn neck?" Raphael asked Lauren holding on to her wrist, "The fuck is you doing in here?"

"I'm working," Lauren said sliding her wrist out of his hand.

"Like hell you are, you better go pack up ya bag and meet me out here in five or I'm bout to shoot the club up." He said in all seriousness.

"Raphael stop, you blocking my money." Lauren practically whined, "I need this money, I owe the school."

"And you couldn't come to me or Ro?" Raphael asked lifting a brow looking her over, shaking his head while getting mad all over again.

"Fuck Ro!" Lauren said, "This situation right here is a clear indication that he only cares about hisself. Why are you here, and he's over there but he loves me so much?"

Raphael stilled at her words and shrugged. Maybe he loved her more than Ro did, sometimes.

"I can't depend on you all the time Raphey, I hate to say it but I don't know when I'll lose you to jail or the streets and this isn't a permanent thing. This is me getting in and out." Lauren stressed to him.

"No, this is you getting a taste of fast money and you bout to fall in love. As long as I got breath in my body, I'll be damned if you walking around half-naked serving drinks. Go put ya clothes on and get your bag, so we can go. If you not out here in the next five minutes, I'm coming in the back. That's on your head, and yo daddy's." He emphasized just to let her know he was serious.

Lauren walked away, blinking rapidly. When it came to Ro and Raphael, the girl would never have a life.

"What did you do?" Marissa asked finally making it over to where they were, but she missed Lauren.

"Handled business, what kind of friend are you to let her come in here? You know she bigger than this shit here, she trying to be somebody." Raphael argued with Marissa.

He never did like her and recognized her for what she was. A snake, and man-eater.

"The same friend that was there for her when your brother left her outside of her job because he was too busy getting his dick wet, and the same friend that was there for her when she had a miscarriage with his baby," Marissa said looking him up and down, before walking away.

She didn't have time for this shit tonight, she was going to link up with her side nigga. Lauren would be in good hands with crazy, and crazier.

"A miscarriage?" Raphael mumbled to hisself.

He ran a hand down his face and looked around the room only to spot Knots looking at him. Raphael jumped at him, causing Knots to quickly turn his head.

"Bitch ass," Raphael said looking at his watch because he was not playing with Lauren tonight.

Back at the table, Romeo was going over negotiations.

"So if Knots pay you to run product through the hood, y'all gon' be cool?" Fetty asked trying to diffuse a situation that already had a dim flame.

However, he was up to something, which was why he was having this conversation with Kane. He needed him to see Romeo in action.

"I wouldn't say cool, but business is business." Romeo shrugged while Fetty nodded agreeing.

Romeo looked around for his twin, and when the two locked eyes Raphael nodded letting him know that he had Lauren. It wasn't long before Lauren came out the back.

"I gotta at least let Rissa know I'm leaving," Lauren said looking around for her friend.

"The whore is gone." Raphael said, "You coming home with me ugly. We gon' swing by....no we not cause I cooked for I left. Better eat what's at home or don't eat at all."

Lauren laughed at him and shook her head. Fetty waved the two over, and of course, they made their way back over.

"You did a good job tonight," Kane said giving Lauren two stacks of neatly wrapped hundreds with labels that read $10,000 on each one.

"Yup," Fetty said only handing her over one with the label reading $5,000 on it.

"Thank you." Lauren gushed grabbing the money, trying not to be a groupie.

"Hope y'all enjoyed the service, this the last time you'll see her in here," Romeo announced as Lauren looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Pleasure doing business with y'all."

Romeo shook hands with Fetty, giving him his word that if Knots paid him he wouldn't keep fucking with him. In Knots' eyes, they were sealing a deal to knock him off the map.

In a matter of seconds, he pulled his nine from his jeans, causing Spook to pull his and Menace to follow Spook. Knots let off the first shot causing screams to erupt in the club, as Raphael quickly grabbed Lauren while pulling out his gun with the red dot beginning to spray the entire area while holding on to Lauren until they managed to slip out the exit.

"Run to the car!" Raphael said pointing in the direction of the rented Jeep that Menace was driving.

"I can't!" Lauren cried, "I have on heels!"

Raphael picked her up tossing her over his shoulder, as the exit door swung open. Just as he was about to hit the trigger he noticed it was the crew following behind him.

"Go, we got you covered." Menace assured him.

Raphael ran to the Jeep carrying Lauren, and once they arrived they got in and he started the engine. Shots were still being fired from Knots' people, along with Romeo's crew, Fetty and Kane's.

The boys managed to make it to the car in peace, causing Raphael to quickly pull out of the parking lot, not giving a fuck he ran over somebody's foot.

"See why you don't need to be in a damn strip club," Romeo said staring at Lauren from the backseat.

"You're the last person that needs to be telling anybody where they should and should not be." Lauren spat wiping her face.

"You good La?" Raphael asked glancing over at her as his eyes scanned her making sure she hadn't got hit.

Lauren nodded, although she was shaking. Raphael reached over and grabbed her hand, telling her to calm down and that everything would be alright.

She managed to calm down, as their audience in the backseat just watched.

Spook chuckled to hisself, while Menace shook his head wondering why Raphael didn't tell Lauren he had feelings for her yet. Romeo just sat there, not really thinking anything of it because he knew how close they were.

This was a night that would change their life, for better and for worse.

_____________

You can continue reading the series by clicking the link in my bio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 110 21
In the heart of Memphis anything is bound to go. 18 year old Crys is a sweet girl with a heart from hell. Every one knows Crys she would never hurt a...
387K 11.8K 53
Some of the chapters are private so press follow. Sequel to broken promises. To show somebody tough love today will save them a heartache in the fu...
47.3K 147 8
With a new life and no stress, Maia allows herself to experience life the way she wants, with no regrets and a desire to let go of all of her trauma...
3.8K 173 49
WARNING: HIGHLY MATURE LANGUAGE! READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! Diamond King is average, maybe even less than that. Arabia, Mississippi might be the m...