Manhattan Dreams ✅

Od JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of... Více

1. Boys
2. Tipsy
3. Aftermath
4. Girlfriends
5. Morgan
6. Clubbing
7. Break-Up
8. Shock
9. Dating
10. Honesty
11. Skipping
12. Performing
13. Bad
14. Party
15. Preparing
16. Invasion
17. Fighting
18. Desires
19. Frustration
20. Loss
21. Goodbye
22. Overwhelmed
23. Back
24. Drunk
25. Someday
26. Practices
28. Frenemies
29. Chaos
30. Auditions
31. Home
32. Thankful
33. Friday
34. Reality
35. Unplugged
36. Idiots
37. Showcase
38. Worries
39. Alone
40. Showbiz
41. Deal
42. Neglect
43. Celebrate
44. Checking
45. Miscommunications
46. Emotions
47. Executives
48. Philly
49. Laughter
50. Promise
51. Squad
52. Last
53. Distance
54. Three
55. Missing
56. Reunited

27. Scary

2.1K 59 24
Od JoshayaShipper4Ever

"What time do you go on?" I ask Josh while I pin my hair up in a bun. He was dashing around the room trying to make sure he had everything for their performance tonight. I was still holding onto a little sliver of hope that I'd be able to catch the end of their set.

"Nine" he replies as he grabs his ear piece. "You might be able to make it" he smiles as he kisses my cheek. "I really, really want you to make it" he adds, kissing the soft spot below my ear.

"I'm gonna try" I assure him as I lock eyes with him in the mirror. "But if I don't" I add as I spin to face him. "Good luck and I love you" I smile, throwing my arms around his neck.

"I love you too" he says sweetly, ducking down to leave a quick kiss to my lips. "Have a good practice. Break a leg" he adds making me giggle. He lets me go and leaves the room after leaving one last peck on my lips. I grab my duffel bag and head down to the studio where Miss Laine is already leaning against the barre awaiting my arrival.

"Are you ready Miss Hunter?" she asks as I put down my bag and scurry over to the barre.

"Yes ma'am" I reply politely. She nods as she starts the music.

*************************************************************************************

When Miss Laine announces I'm dismissed it feels as if the heavens have opened. I'm exhausted, my feet are killing me but most of all it's a quarter past eight and I still have a chance to make it to the party. I run up to my dorm and throw open my closet. I pull out a black dress and black leggings, slipping into the outfit before walking over to the sink and opening my makeup bag. I apply a darker coat than I usually do and grab a pair of cat ears from Riley's accessory tote. I let my hair down and run a brush through my stubborn locks a few times before calling it good enough. I grab my clutch and rush across campus to the party. Music comes from inside, letting on that they've already started but a look at the clock tells me I'm only two minutes late. I smile as I walk inside, immediately becoming engulfed in a large group of people. I make my way to the stage and spot Josh singing while people in the crowd drink, dance, and sing along. After the song ends Josh's eyes scan the crowd and a smile pulls at his lips when he sees me. "I'm gonna get a drink" I mouth. He nods in understanding before they start on their next song.

I walk into the kitchen and find the keg. I fill a red solo cup and take a long swig. "I didn't think I'd see you here." I quickly turn to find Zay in front of me with a cowboy hat on his head.

"Feeling is mutual" I reply. "Is there something you need?" I ask snippily.

"How have you been?" he asks causing me to scoff with a dramatic roll of my eyes.

"How've I been?" I question. "Fantastic actually. Thank you so much for asking. How are you? And your slutty girlfriend? She finally move on to someone else?" I ask making him sigh.

"You know you don't have to be such a bitch to me" he says making my eyes widen in shock and anger.

"I don't have to be a bitch to you" I exclaim. "That's rich coming from you. You've made my life hell and now you want to sit here and act like you give a shit. Nope. Sorry. Tell it to someone who cares" I add as I brush past him but he catches my wrist. "Let me go" I demand.

"What is it about him that has you so fucking wrapped around his finger? He doesn't give a shit about you Maya" he insists, frustration clear in his voice. "I could make you happy" he says softly, caressing my cheek.

"I'm more than happy" I assure him as I take a step back from him. "Now if you'll excuse me" I add as I successfully brush past him and make my way back into the living room. I watch the rest of Josh's set, leaning against the wall while drinking my beer until finally the last song ends and the band is replaced by a stereo.

"What'd you think?" Josh asks as he walks over to me, grabbing my beer and taking a sip. I laugh, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I think you should've closed with Thriller. It's a crowd favorite" I reply making him roll his eyes in annoyance as he hands me back my drink.

"It was the deal I made with Derek. He got to pick the closing song if we had to play Thriller" he explains making me chuckle. "How was practice? I'm glad you made it" he adds making a smile pull at my lips.

"It was alright. I'm just glad I got to hear you sing" I add as I lean up for a kiss. His lips linger on mine for a few seconds before he pulls away.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. Want a refill?" he asks curiously.

"Of course she does" Sophie smirks as she comes up behind Josh. "It's game time" she adds, her eyes narrowing at me wickedly.

"Planning to reveal some secrets?" I ask Sophie unamused as I push Josh back in order to step away and stand in front of Sophie.

"We'll see" she smirks as she throws her hair over her shoulder and saunters over to the couch.

"Maybe we should just go back to the dorms" Josh suggests but I shake my head. "You wanted to party. Let's party."

*************************************************************************************

"Maya you're actually gonna play?" Sophie exclaims as I settle on Josh's lap after we retrieve our drinks. "The kinda games we play aren't really fun for people such as yourself" she says making me roll my eyes.

"Wow another virgin joke" I reply unamused. "Get a new punchline Soph" I snip as I sip my beer while my fingers tangle in Josh's hair.

"Feisty" she laughs. "Keep that attitude. He likes it in bed" she adds making my blood boil. I had accepted that my boyfriend wasn't a virgin but the fact that he was ever intimate with Sophie makes me sick to my stomach. She seems to think she's shut me up like always but I shrug.

"I don't think you're really one to be giving me advice on what he likes in bed. The sex couldn't have been that great if he went and got it from someone else while you were together" I reply causing Sophie's mouth to drop open. "And let me remind you, I don't have to spread my legs to keep him interested unlike you."

"Damn" Derek laughs as he sips his beer while Natalie hides her face in her hair. I smirk as Sophie's eyes blaze into mine.

"Honey, you're just a rebound" she patronizes me making me scoff.

"Honey, if you truly believe that then you're more delusional than I thought" I reply with a roll of my eyes. "Now are we playing a game or what?" I ask impatiently, playing with the hair at the nape of Josh's neck.

"Fine" she snips. "Never have I ever. You should stay relatively sober so just sit back and let the grownups have some fun."

"I'll go first" I volunteer, ignoring her jab. "Never have I ever cheated on my boyfriend" I say pointedly, locking my gaze on hers.

"Wow. Original sweetheart" she rolls her eyes as she brings her beer to her lips. "Never have I ever had sex in a car" she says making me chuckle.

"Shocking" I mutter.

"What's that?" she questions as people around us take drinks. In reality the game was being played with tons of people but this wasn't a game to Sophie and I. This was personal. I was done with letting her walk all over me.

"I said shocking. I'd think car sex would've been before shower sex" I shrug. As the words leave my lips Zay comes to sit in the circle.

"Never have I ever bragged to my friends about getting a girl in bed" Zay says, locking his gaze onto Josh's. I avert my gaze and run my thumb over the rim of my drink as Josh brings his beer to his lips.

"Never have I ever pretended to like someone" I fire back at Zay, feeling defensive. I knew the kind of person Josh was before we met and while his extensive past wasn't my favorite thing about him, it was a part of his history and I accepted it.

"I never pretended" Zay exclaims. "Or did me kissing you not make that clear?" he asks making Sophie's eyes go wide.

"Excuse me?" she gapes. I stifle a laugh as I come up with another never have I ever.

"Never have I ever wanted to leave Sophie for Maya" I smirk, my eyes burning into Sophie's. Josh brings his beer to his lips, finishing it off while Zay does the same.

"Hm look at that. Seems the naïve, virgin, freshman has all the guys you want" I taunt. "I feel bad Sophie I do. It must have been hard going from most wanted to most dumped" I snip.

"Oh shit" Derek laughs hysterically as the group erupts around me.

"You bitch" she seethes. I smile politely, bringing my beer to my lips and downing it.

"What?" I question. "You expected me to back down from you?" I laugh amusedly. "You messed with the wrong bitch sweetie" I add as I climb off Josh's lap and walk over to her. "Leave us the fuck alone" I say pointedly before turning away and walking out of the party.

*************************************************************************************

"What the fuck was that?" Josh demands, following me out of the house. I laugh, looking up at him in confusion.

"What?" I giggle. "She deserved that."

"Yea she did but you're supposed to be the bigger person" he argues making me stumble back both from his words and the alcohol coursing through my system.

"I'm supposed to be the bigger person?" I gape. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Her and Zay made my life a living hell" I shout angrily. "I'm sick of her fucking with me. She deserved every word of that."

"Maya this isn't you" he argues, "baby you're drunk" he sighs. I shake my head, taking another step back from him.

"I'm not drunk" I insist because I wasn't. I had a pretty strong buzz going but I was nowhere near drunk. "Are you really gonna sit here and defend your ex right now? After she ruined my relationship with my mom" I exclaim.

"For the love of god Maya" he groans. "All Sophie did was tell your mom. You did all the shit she said you did" he reminds me making my jaw drop open.

"So you're really defending her?" I ask in shock as tears sting in the back of my eyes.

"I'm not defending her" he sighs, "I'm just saying-."

"Stop" I insist, putting my hands up to keep him from continuing or stepping towards me. "I don't want to hear another word from you."

"Let me take you home" he says softly but I shake my head adamantly.

"I don't want you anywhere near me" I snap. "I'll find my own ride home."

"Maya-."

"No" I shout angrily. "Goodbye Josh" I say firmly as I brush past him and head back towards the party. I immediately go on the lookout for the last person I know I should be reaching out to but I need a ride home. I find Zay leaning against the wall and a thankful smile pulls at my lips. "Hey Zay" I shout as I move towards him.

"Where's Josh?" he asks unamused.

"Don't care" I reply making his eyes widen in surprise. "I need a ride back to campus. Can you drive me?" I ask hopefully. A broad smile pulls at his lips as he pushes off the wall and reaches into his pocket for his keys.

"Let's go" he insists. I start in front of him and feel his hand on the small of my back. I try to shrug him off but he keeps it there making goosebumps rise on my skin.

"Zay can you move your hand?" I ask nicely as a smirk pulls at his lips.

"Sure" he replies, sliding it down to my ass.

"Zay" I exclaim, turning my body so my back is towards the party and away from him. "I just want a ride."

"I know" he smirks, grabbing my hips and pulling me against him. "Come on" he insists, pulling me further into the party instead of towards the exit. By the time we reach the second floor and he's pushing me towards one of the bedrooms I know I made a huge mistake.

*************************************************************************************

Josh's POV

If my girlfriend really thought that I was going to leave her at a party like this on her own than she was either more intoxicated than I thought or insane. I run back into the party and scan the room for Maya but I don't see her anywhere. I spot Sophie and shake my head. I swallow my pride and head over to her. "Where is Maya?" I demand, taking her by surprise.

"Hell if I know. I thought you both left" she replies. I sigh, shaking my head. I shouldn't have picked a fight with her. I knew I should've just shut my mouth and let her have her turn at taunting Sophie. "What'd you do?" she asks amusedly.

"I defended you" I admit bitterly.

"Ha. That's cute Josh but she didn't hurt my feelings that much. Fucking with her is fun" she laughs. "She gets so worked up. It's adorable. It was fun to see her grow a pair and shove it right back at me. You're rubbing off on her" she compliments making me roll my eyes.

"Great. Glad we've established I'm a dumbass now can you please help me?"

She rolls her eyes but gives in regardless. "Where do you think she may have gone? Or who else does she kn-." Her eyes widen as she comes to the same conclusion as me.

"Where the fuck is Zay?"

*************************************************************************************

Maya's POV

"You know what. I think I'll find my own way home" I say decisively as I try to tug out of his grasp but he only chuckles as he pushes me into a bedroom.

"You know what Maya?" he asks as he locks the door and leans against it. Trapping me. "You keep on putting all the blame on me but in reality you're the tease. You keep coming to me every time pretty boy fucks up. Well I'm sick of it. You don't need him Maya. You have me" he says, walking towards me and caressing my cheek as a tear rolls down my cheek. I'd rather listen to my boyfriend defend his psycho ex on a loop for the rest of my life than have Zay's hands on me.

"Zay I really just want to go home" I say softly, my voice breaking.

"You sure that's what you want?" he asks, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer. "Because I have some other, much more enjoyable ideas" he smirks making my skin crawl.

"Please just let me go" I beg.

"So stubborn" he shakes his head before pushing me onto the bed. I gasp as I hit the mattress. "Just relax Maya. Everything is gonna be okay" he whispers before climbing on top of me.

*************************************************************************************

Josh's POV

"Have you seen Zay?" I ask yet another random student as I sprint around trying to figure out where the hell my girlfriend is.

"Who?" he asks making me groan in frustration as I walk away and move through another large crowd of people before I find Sophie in the middle.

"You get anything?" I shout, trying to communicate with her over the loud music blasting from the speakers.

"Nothing" she replies. "Josh" she sighs. "You don't think he'd take her upstairs do you?" she asks. For the first time ever I hear genuine worry for my girlfriend in my ex's voice and it's enough to scare the hell out of me.

"Come on" I insist, grabbing her arm and pulling her through the party with me. When we reach the second floor I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Josh" she says softly. "We find her and you take her home."

"If he touches her-."

"You don't need to get arrested" she says bluntly. "If we find her up here with him you take her home. Understand?" I sigh, nodding my head reluctantly.

"Fine" I give. She nods and goes off down the hallway. She takes the left and I take the right. I try three doors and all of them give with little effort. Empty.

"Josh" Sophie's small voice calls.

"What?" I ask, turning quickly and finding her attempting to turn the knob on the second door on her side of the hallway. "It's locked?" I question and she nods. "Move" I demand. She takes a few quick steps back and I take a deep breath before kicking the door open.

*************************************************************************************

Maya's POV

"Get off" I shout at the exact moment the door flies open. Josh is standing on the other side and I burst into tears of relief. Zay gets distracted by the sudden intrusion and it's enough to allow me to push him off of me. I climb off the bed hurriedly and throw myself at Josh. "Josh" I sob.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly, brushing my hair down with his hand.

"Josh to the rescue as always" Zay laughs. "I shouldn't even be surprised."

"No you shouldn't" Josh replies bluntly. "You stay the fuck away from her. You understand?"

"You can't make me" he spits angrily causing Josh to let out a small laugh.

"Yea? Get back to me on that when a restraining order shows up on your doorstep" he snips before looking back down at me. "We're going home" he says softly, holding my face in his hands as he wipes my tears. I nod and he turns us around and walks us out of the room. Sophie is standing there and my eyes narrow in confusion.

"What is she doing here?" I demand.

"Calm down" Josh says softly. "She helped me find you" he explains. I look at Sophie who seems to be distraught.

"I'm glad you're okay" she smiles softly before walking off back down to the party. I stand there in shock before Josh ushers me downstairs and out of the party. Josh puts me in his car and closes the door before climbing in beside me. We drive back to campus quietly, pulling up outside the dorms and walking inside.

"Can I take a shower?" I ask Josh as he shuts his dorm room door behind us.

"Of course you can" he nods. "As long as I can come hang out in the bathroom" he adds seriously. I smile softly and nod my head. I had figured he wasn't going to let me out of his sight and that was okay with me after the night I had. I gather up a t-shirt, underwear, and a towel before telling Josh I'm ready to go. We walk quietly side by side and I can tell he's unsure of what to do in this situation, especially after our fight.

"Are we okay?" I ask softly. He turns his gaze to me and smiles.

"We're good baby" he assures me. "I'm sorry I took Sophie's side. I just didn't want you stooping to her level" he explains. I nod in understanding. I knew I shouldn't have gone off on Sophie the way I did but it was enjoyable in the moment.

"Did she really help find me?"

"I've never seen her more terrified. I think you guys are starting to approach the border of frenemy territory" he says making me chuckle. We walk into the bathroom and Josh leans against the door to block anyone else from walking in. I turn towards him and gnaw my lip.

"You were right tonight" I say softly. "About my mom. Sophie exposed me, I did everything she said. I just wasn't ready to own up to it" I sigh.

"I know" he nods. "But it wasn't right of Sophie to expose your secrets" he adds seriously. "And I shouldn't have implied otherwise."

"I think we both did some pretty stupid stuff tonight" I give. "Thank you for not leaving" I add genuinely making a smile pull at his lips.

"I wasn't gonna leave you baby" he says seriously. "Not in a situation like that. You're okay right? He didn't" he takes a long, deep breath. I shake my head as I step towards him.

"You got there before anything happened" I assure him. "I'm just a little shaken up" I admit, wrapping my arms around his neck. "And" I add, sliding one hand from his neck down to his chest. "I really don't want to be alone right now" I whisper, looking up at him through my lashes.

"Are you drunk?" he laughs making me chuckle as I shake my head.

"I have never been more sober" I reply, reaching up to kiss him. His lips are hesitant against mine but when I try to deepen the kiss he gives in and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm not doing more than kissing you" he says breathlessly, pulling back slightly to rest his forehead against mine. "Not tonight."

"Okay" I smile. "I won't touch then" I smirk, grabbing his belt. "Is looking allowed?"

"Maya-."

"What?" I ask softly. "I need you to protect me."

"In the shower?" he laughs, smiling down at me. All remnants of worry and anger subsided.

"Mhm" I giggle, yanking his belt loose. "Please."

"No touching" he says seriously before leaning back in to kiss me. I smile against his lips as he deepens our kiss, reaching behind me to unzip my dress. It pools around my feet and he slides his hands down to my waist, yanking on my leggings. Our kiss breaks while I step out of them and he yanks his shirt off his body. I grab the zipper on his jeans and pull it down before tugging them down his legs. "I think this is good enough" he says breathlessly as he pushes me back into one of the shower stalls. He pulls the curtain before catching my waist and crashing his lips back onto mine. I grab the faucet and turn it on, allowing water to cascade over us. "Shit that's cold" he laughs, breaking away from me.

"Sorry" I giggle, turning it the other direction. He laughs, caressing my cheek before leaning back in for another long, passionate kiss. His thumbs rub circles into my hips as he presses me against the wall, his lips leaving mine and trailing across my jaw and down my neck. I take my bottom lip between my teeth to stifle a moan as I cling to his back. He moves his lips back up towards my own until they're hovering over them again.

"I love you" he whispers, gazing into my eyes lovingly. "If anything happened to you I don't think I could live without you" he says softly. I smile, reaching out to cup his cheek.

"You won't ever have to. I'm right here" I assure him. "And I'm all yours" I add in a whisper.

"Forever" he whispers before closing his lips over mine.

9)}

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

133K 3K 40
COMPLETED Joshua Matthews fell in love in with another girl in NYU and quit playing the long game with Maya Hunter. Soon after Josh graduated, he fo...
183K 4.5K 48
A thunderstorm is all it takes for secrets to be revealed. Usually the truth sets you free but not in this case. The truth is, Josh broke his promise...
38.4K 1K 32
~~~~~Sequel to Dream Big ~~~~~~~~ ○○○•COMPLETED•○○○ Maya & Ellianna are getting ready to dance on one of the biggest shows in Broadwa...
90.1K 2.3K 75
○○○•COMPLETED•○○○ ••• BOOK 2 ••• ○Following Too Young○ Read to follow along Maya and Josh's struggles and adventur...