Magi: Lost in Time

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Previously known as Magi: Cinderella's Spell Escapade 1: The Adventures of Sinbad Yrif Kingdom was a prospero... More

Prologue - They Met
Escapade 1
Scroll 1: Tison Village
Scroll 2: Napolia, Reim
Scroll 3: Truth, Stars
Scroll 4: Sinbad and Thais
Scroll 5: Sasan and Artemyra
Scroll 6: Pervert and Her Conviction
Scroll 7: Impending Doom
Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake
Scroll 9: Epiphany
Scroll 10: Strange
Scroll 11: Heliophat
Scroll 12: Unnerved
Scroll 13: Resolution
Scroll 14: Showdown
Scroll 15: Toran and Judal
Scroll 16: Parthevia
Scroll 17: Shadows Within
Scroll 18: Selendine's Will
Scroll 19: Captive
Scroll 20: Dirtied
Scroll 21: Farewell
Escapade 2
Scroll 1: Alibaba
Scroll 2: Niel
Scroll 3: Gamori
Scroll 4: In the Meantime
Scroll 5: Marbas
Scroll 6: Kouen and Thais
Scroll 7: Balbadd
Scroll 8: She
Scroll 9: End
Scroll 10: Arjwani
Scroll 11: Peril in Paradise
Scroll 13: Explanation
Scroll 14: Light in the Darkness
Scroll 15: Precious
Scroll 16: Towards Sindria
Scroll 17: Darkness
Scroll 18: Pain
Scroll 19: Real
Scroll 20: In order
Escapade 3
Scroll 1: Battle of Destiny
Scroll 2: Magic Academy
Scroll 3: Reim
Scroll 4: Morgiana and Kaein
Scroll 5: Luna and Al-Thamen
Scroll 6: In Between
Scroll 7: Sky
Scroll 8: Countdown
Scroll 9: Resound
Scroll 10: Reim versus Magnostadt
Scroll 11: She Comes
Scroll 12: Vessels
Scroll 13: Warriors
Scroll 14: He comes
Scroll 15: Wish
Scroll 16: Invitation and Feud
Scroll 17: Play Your Cards Right
Scroll 18: Signs and Past
Scroll 19: Solomon and Demeus
Scroll 20: Broken Time
Scroll 21: Broken Mirror
Scroll 22: Future that Awaits Us
Scroll 23: Comfort
Scroll 24: Internal
Scroll 25: Hope
Scroll 26: Akil
Escapade 4
Scroll 1: According to Plan
Scroll 2: Sun and Rain
Scroll 3: New Light
Scroll 4: Responsibility
Scroll 5: Irony
Scroll 6: Tower of Feelings
Scroll 7: Ray
Scroll 8: Forgiven
Scroll 9: Rose Garden
Scroll 10: Losing It
Scroll 11: Dungeons and Akil
Scroll 12: Solution
Scroll 13: That Hope
Scroll 14: Shards
Scroll 15: Wishes
Epilogue
Character Profile
Bonus Scroll: Maharagan

Scroll 12: Progress

550 22 3
By AthanasiaKashimashi

Inn
Thais' POV

I was having my tea when a knock on the door brought me back to reality. Trudging towards it, I was met by a kid with brown hair and striking red eyes. Behind him was my Arjwani companion, Kaein. He looked away in shame for bringing the kid.

"Good evening. May I ask who you are?" He looked at me deadly in the eyes.

"I am Sivan, the child of King Leonhart Demeus and Queen Hotaru Levian. I want to talk to you. Based from what I can see, you're this Arjwani's companion." He greeted.

"That he is. Let us discuss everything inside. Come, help yourself with some spare travel food from different countries." He sat opposite from me and never touched the food I laid in front of him. I sighed before allowing Luna and Kaein to rest for the night. They were reluctant but left us, nevertheless.

"So what is it that you want to hear from me, Sivan?" I asked. He let out a heavy sigh before asking who I was, what my goals were and what was my connection with the king. I simply told him that this country was special to me and when I heard  about the rumors, I knew I had to do something. Sivan was silent for a second before giving me a gist of what happened in Yrif. It was unsafe to tell that, sure, but this kid trusted me. I did not know why.

"You know, Sivan, I don't have any problem with you telling me those things but you have to be careful with spouting all those informations. Although you're smart for somebody who's only ten, you're quite naive in some ways. I appreciate every information you've relayed though and I promise to help you the best I can." I commented. He looked at me in disdain, but reasoned out the importance for the matter in hand.

"I am naive, true, but I feel like I could trust you. This country took a huge toll for the past 10 years now and I want to change that. I've heard from people how Yrif was different from today than years ago. I want it to prosper again, filled with trust and courage. Most importantly, I want to see my parents smile." He murmured. I felt great sympathy for the kid so I reached for his head and beamed a smile.

"I'll try to help with the best that I can. I knew you snuck out but you have to return soon. Your parents must be worried. Luna, please escort Sivan back to the castle grounds. I assume that Kaein told you everything." Luna's ears perked from that before stretching up to accompany the young prince. Sivan gave me one last look before bidding me good night. Once they were out, I called out to the person by the window.

"You can come out now, Daw." I smirked. Turning behind, I saw that he only aged a little. His appearance was still the same except for the little trinkets here and there. He bowed down.

"M-Milady. You're back! I-I am so happy to see you alive." I was fairly surprised that he recognized me easily but this was Daw we were talking about. He was very observant even back then. I stood up from my chair and reached for his cheeks.

"It's been 14 and a half years. I can't believe that a long time has passed. You've done well serving Leon, Daw. I've heard everything from Sivan. What happened to the elders I've appointed? Why did they suddenly change?" I asked with a hint of disappointment in my tone. Daw avoided my gaze. Sivan stated that two of the elders were using their power to corrupt the system from inside out. They were doing it behind Leonhart's back. Underground black markets had been created, smuggling was done which decreased the amount of supply in the area, the slum people were forced to leave their homes, the tax was raised horrendously and a rumor of Al-Thamen being involved was highly suspected. Right now, those shunned people were revolting against the government and the King seemed to have lost his cool.

"I have to do something but I can't just suddenly reveal myself. This will cause confusion and anger towards the people. It would be better if I support you from the shadows. Daw, will you aid me once more? I am not the princess of this country anymore. Or so I don't think I am since I was proclaimed dead. I want to be of assistance and see this country shine with light. Are you willing?" My eyes were set on his own. It was mixed with different emotions. Daw was usually in control of his own but with the things that transpired here, it must have stressed him out.

"I will aid you, Lady Thais. King Leonhart and you saved me from the darkness and this time, I want to be of help." I grabbed his hands together and assured him that he will see Yrif at its finest once more. I offered him some food and we enjoyed each other's company. Words were exchanged from time to time and I was glad to hear a bit of good things that happened while I was away.

"Thais?" I heard a voice from behind. Kaein, still in his pup form, trudged over to me and I pulled him to my lap. He looked at Daw and I could feel his immense stare.

"Kaein, this is Daw. He is the household member of King Leonhart." He scoffed at him which resulted to me scolding him.

"Now, now, that's not a good attitude to show, Kaein."

"Like I care! You are the only one important, no one else. I don't even understand why we need to help that king. His incompetence has gone up and those elders are nothing but brats. Elders my ass." I gave him a deadpan stare. It saddened me that he was thinking like this so I carefully chose my words.

"Kaein, every King can be at their lowest at some point, but they only need a little push. Remember when you and Luna never trusted me at first? I gave you one reason, right? That's all that this country need. A reason to strive and change what is happening." The Arjwani was silenced and I could feel the guilt radiate off him. I petted him.

"I'm sorry for my words." He apologized. Daw shot me a grateful look before telling me that he will have to return soon. I bade him farewell. Kaein jumped down from my lap and opened the door for us to see that Luna was approaching.

"Thank you for delivering the young prince, Luna".

"It was no problem! He seemed like a cool kid actually. I'll retire for the night. Will you also be sleeping now, Big Brother?" She inquired. Kaein nodded and I wished them good night.

Sinking back to my chair, I grabbed a pen and paper from my travel bag and thought of the problem carefully. The first one I had to do was list down what happened while I was gone.

'Let's see, I was gone for 14 and half years. The first 4 years still showed that Yrif was bright and rich. Then half of the fourth year, Leon was married to Hotaru. About three years later, the government suddenly changed. The problem rose from there. About five years later, circulation of dark metal vessels started. It was centered to the shunned slums. There were also reports that some middle class people were shunned without any reason? What the hell!? This Hotaru seemed a little suspicious as well. Where was she from? I'll ask Daw to look into these tomorrow. Next would be the elders. I've appointed Cleaudius, Barbarra, Melodius, Edward, and Zenard for they have shown dedication. Sivan told me that there was something suspicious with Cleadius and Zenard. There seemed to be some faction inside the government. Leonhart had been doing his best to resolve everything. Next was the sudden illegal works inside the country. It started the same time as the dark metal vessels. We have to go here tomorrow. I intend to see who owns that black market.' I noted. Scribbles here and there were done.

'Lady Thais, earlier, I sensed something dark inside that Hotaru woman. Another thing was that the sudden feeling of black rukh near here.' Marbas reported. I bit my lip in frustration. It kinda pained me to know that I have no slightest idea yet on how I was going to help them.

'For now, we should retire for the night. It's not good for your health, Lady Thais. We can appoint Daw to investigate about Hotaru, Kaein for the elders and Luna for the slums. This situation is very different from Balbadd and I suggest we take great precautions.' He said. I agreed at every word. All we could do for now was be informative about the events over the years.

"I just hope that Aladdin and the others are doing well wherever they may be. And him as well." My thoughts drifted from the problems to Aladdin and Sinbad. I was happy to see the blue haired magi expanding his circle but it looked like I was stuck with who I was. I could not even face him. I was afraid. Maybe he changed and did not love me anymore. Maybe I was hoping for nothing but disappointment. It hurt.

'Do you still love me, Sinbad? I can't face you. I'm afraid of what your reactions will be. I betrayed you. The scars of the past will always remain. I still fear the feeling of being touched and touching something but I knew that I had to overcome it. All I want is to cry but I have to be strong. I always wonder, is that all that I should think? Be strong? I don't know.' I took off my metal vessel and kept myself awake for a little while. Jumbled thoughts entered my mind that I could not even think straight. Fear and anxiety crept inside me.

'How can I help the others when I can't even bring myself to clarity? I'm so stupid sometimes.' I bitterly thought.

Castle Rooms
Daw's POV

I was still ecstatic after finding out that Lady Thais was here and alive. After we received that letter from King Niel, I tried to check in for her but never found any trace of her existence. It was now that I learned that she was really alive. She changed though but some of her features remained.

"Now that Lady Thais is here then maybe, just maybe, we can have the old Yrif back. I just hope that everything will go well." I was about to sleep when I heard ruckus from outside. The footsteps seemed to be rushing. I discreetly went to see the owner of those steps. What I saw was Lady Hotaru and Elder Zenard. I listened to their conversations. They seemed to be talking about the slum people. My eyes widened at the information.

'Lady Thais will be able to complete the puzzle soon.' I was about to stop eavesdropping when a knife was embedded into my right thigh. I winced before using my magic to hide and force my blood to stop bleeding. They will be able to track me down if that happened. I disappeared from their sight.

'I have to be cautious next time. Tch. This thing was poisoned.' I extracted the poison quite easily with my magic before I injected myself with something that can neutralize it for a while. The poison was still there and I hope that I can find the antidote for this before Lady Thais notice it.

'For now, I'll have a good night's rest after putting a magic outside for safety purposes of course.'

Sindria
Sinbad's POV

We returned from our travels and now, I was off to Kou Kingdom. It will take me about 3-4 months of travel. Sighing, I dropped down the pen I was holding. Her face was still plastered in my mind. Her smile, her appearance, her eyes, I miss them all. If that was really her, then I need to have her by my side. My Thais.

"Sinbad, are you thinking about that lady?" Ja'far asked. I nodded my head but kept my eyes by the window. It was still a puzzle for me why she hesitated on approaching me. There were strange emotions in her eyes and it pained me.

'Thais. Why?' My fist clenched on unconsciously. Letting out a sigh, I knew I had to talk to Aladdin for confirmation. Ja'far told me that the magi was by the docks, watching the boats go and return.

I saw him playing with his flute while clenching on a bracelet. It had a familiar insignia. It was Yrif's special symbol, usually handed down for the king. I approached Aladdin and he gave a small smile.

"Aladdin, that woman back in Balbadd, was he somewhat related to you?" I asked. He shook his head no and told me that she was like a sister to him.

"Nee-chan was brought to my Room of Fortitude 14 years ago. I don't know why but it had to do with her situation. She was depressed for a while because her friends were gone. It took about months before she recovered. Ugo told me to always be by her side but I knew that even if we were separated, she will always be by my side." He admitted. I smiled at him and we both watched the boats go and return. It was calming.

"Her name was Thais Demeus right?" I asked. He nodded.

"You know her, Mister Sinbad?"

"She is a very important person to me. I love her and I wish that I could see her once more." Aladdin assured me that Thais will see me once she was ready. I was surprised that for a 10 year old, he was smart.

'I guess that's what being a magi has rubbed off on his mind. I'll see you soon, my love.' I thought to myself with a smile. I will show her a world where peace will forever reign.

'Are you really sure about that, Sinbad?' It was that voice again that I hated the most. I blocked the voice and hoped for a bright future.

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.1K 60
Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon conqueror? Yes, but not an ordinary one. Wi...
484 0 18
5 years have passed since the events of the Magi: A New Era, everyone has changed as well, Sinbad and Hikari are still the proud rulers of Sindria al...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
291 0 44
Long ago, the Kingdom of Alagil was cursed by a Dragon for their greed and lust for power, the Royal Family having seized the entirety of Gold Thread...