Friend Zoned

By miaswrittingg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Mackenzie Ziegler and Johnny Orlando have been best friends since they were fo... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Authors Note
New Story!!
New Story pt. 2
Thnak You
PLEASE READ!
Hi

Chapter Seven

4.1K 170 6
By miaswrittingg

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, and then he kissed me..." I tell Brynn. It's been a few days since the date and now I'm back at school, at lunch to be exact.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Did you kiss him back?" She questions eagerly. No one else has arrived to the table yet because they are all buying school lunches, and are waiting in a long line.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, I was going to pull away even, but it was so fast I couldn't." I explain, and Brynn nods along. I eat one of my Doritos that I brought for lunch as we talk.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"See I told you Brandon was an ass." She scoffs taking a sip of her drink. Everyone told me about Brandon, I should have listened.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, I just thought maybe he wasn't, maybe you guys were wrong but..." I trail off pulling on my necklace nervously, I have felt so stupid all weekend. How could I have possibly thought that the biggest player in school could be a 'good' person?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Its not your fault he's all hot and charming  but deep down he's such an asshole." Brynn jokes trying to make me feel a bit better and it works because I smile at her comment.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Who's hot and charming?...Me right?" Johnny suddenly asks jokingly coming up behind us. I look up at him as he sets his tray down on the table.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Brandon actually." Brynn answers for me with a scoff.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh right, how'd your date go, you didn't answer my calls all weekend?" Johnny says as he eats one of the French fries off of his tray. I bite the inside of my lip.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Awful." I answer simply, and I note the small chuckle that Johnny releases as I say that. I raise my eyebrows at him, is he really happy about that?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sorry, it's just...I told you so." He for real laughs this time causing me to hit him on the arm lightly, in a joking way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Shut up, it was actually so bad. Brandon is a compete and total narcissist, and the worst part is after a long date of hearing about rich he was, he kissed me." I exclaim with disgust to both of my best friends. They both are still looking at me in a way that's says 'I told you so'.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wait, was that your first kiss?" Brynn suddenly asks. I bite the inside of my lip and shake my head slowly.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It was her second." Johnny blurts out before I can even say anything. I glare out at him out of the corner of my eye.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It was my third actually." I say putting emphasis on the word 'third'. Johnny raises his eyebrows at me confused, I never told him about the other time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wait, you have kissed two other people and you didn't tell me?" Brynn practically screams and I cringe at how loud that just was.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah." I say kind of softly. I feel a little bad for never telling Brynn, but I just never found the right time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well uh who?" She asks again yelling again. I hear Johnny chuckle and again Im this close to smacking him because he finds this funny.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah Kenz who?" Johnny asks as well but he's still laughing. Sometimes these two can be so annoying, especially when they team up on me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Shut up John!" I say through gritted teeth but I know my checks are bright red from those two embarrassing me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Kenzie, tell me." Brynn whines, and I can see Johnny still smiling like an idiot out of the corner of my eye. He does realize he still doesn't know the other person I kissed right?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'll talk to you later."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀------------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Okay so now can you tell me?" Brynn asks as we sit on her couch in the middle of her living room. I decided to go over her house today after school instead of going home.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, its not a big deal I just didn't want Johnny to know about one of the people." I explain to her and she nods slowly.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well...spill!" She says anxiously, and I laugh lightly at how hyper she always is.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"My first kiss was with Johnny." I say quickly considering I've never told anyone that in my life, not even my sister, who I tell everything.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What? How the hell didn't I know about that?" Brynn screeches and I smile. I twist my necklace in between my fingers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"We were twelve okay? It didn't mean anything anyway." I add the last part quickly. Brynn raises her eyebrows.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sure...well who's the other person?"She asks just as anxious as before. I have to bite the inside of my lips to hold back my laughter.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hayden." I answer quickly looking down. I kissed Hayden three months ago, so I guess now you know why I'm so weird about him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Mackenzie Frances Ziegler why the fuck would you not tell me about that?" Brynn questions again throwing a pillow at me playfully. I laugh, but even talking about this makes me upset.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because it wasn't very romantic." I answer feeling like I could cry replaying that day in my head. It was the worst.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well what happened?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"He...kissed me, and said he liked me. I was so happy, and then a couple hours later I saw him at that end of the school year pool part...Well he told me him and Annie were together. I don't know what happened but I was devastated, I didn't want to talk about it." I tell Brynn and suddenly her happy, silly demeanor fades, and she looks at me sympathetically.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh my gosh." She breathes, and I just look down at my feet. That was literally the worst day of my life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It sucked." I say honestly, and it honestly feels so good to get that off of my chest. I never told anyone what happened that day because I was embarrassed, and I felt foolish for thinking Hayden would ever like me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Do you want me to beat him up, cause I will." Brynn says dead serious, but I crack up laughing. She is 5'3, sixteen years old and probably weighs about 115 pounds if not less. Did she really just ask me if I wanted her to fight Hayden?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I love you Brynn for asking that but please no." I say in between laughter. Soon enough we are both cracking up, and all my sadness slips away.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 1.2K 27
Mackenzie Ziegler's best friend Lauren Orlando's brother is the hottest and most popular guy at their school. All the girls only ever dream he'd pay...
16.6K 617 31
When popular teen singer Mackenzie Ziegler, born and raised in the city, is told to go experience the country for inspiration for a new song, she has...
249K 11.2K 41
Mackenzie Ziegler is a perfectly happy woman, living in sunny Los Angeles with her best friend Lauren Orlando. Her singing career is just getting sta...
53.1K 1.1K 23
Mackenzie Ziegler moves away from her home town of Pittsburg and moves right next door to Johnny Orlando. What will happen when they meet? Will they...