Fantasizing

By TJunell

Zen is not the most known or boldest person, but she never backs down. Coping with the death of her mother, h... More

Fantasizing
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilouge
Reality Just Set In

Chapter 19

13.4K 545 58
By TJunell

Chapter 19

The next day I woke up in a surprisingly good mood. The fact that I haven't been in a good mood for weeks and I don't really have anyone right now is why it's surprising. I get up, head to the bathroom to take care of my business and then to the kitchen to find Tommy and granny sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning" I say with a smile on my face, they both look my way and smile. "Good morning sunshine, go fix you a plate" I nodded and made my way to the island in the middle of the kitchen. I grabbed a plate and filled it with eggs, pancakes, bacon, and a banana, It's been too long since I've had a meal like this.

I sit down in the empty chair and start to eat. "What are you doing today?" my granny asks finishing her last strip of bacon. I thought for a second before answering her. "I don't really know, I was just planning on spending the day with Tommy" I said truthfully. It's been months since I've seen my brother and I just missed him so much. After all it was a nice Saturday.

"Okay, that's good cause I have a few errands to run and I won't be able to spend the day with y'all today." She said. "It's okay, we'll have fun today" I said giving Tommy a smile.

I finished my food up and washed my dish. I was honestly looking forward to today. A day with just my brother and I was rare. It was what I needed to take my mind off of things, and to just let loose.

I made my way to my room and took a shower before searching my suitcase for today's attire. It was hot out so I settled on a pair of off-white shorts, a flowy floral crop-top, a cartigan over it, and sandels. I styled my hair in a bun and put of a necklace that I'd bought a few weeks before.

"Zen!" I heard Tommy call out to me as I was looking at my reflection one more time in the mirror. I opened the door to see him right in front of me dressed and all. "Yes Tommy?"

"I'm ready, and granny went with her friend so we can use the car." he said in his little high pitched voice. I nodded, grabbed my purse, and we headed out.

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked since he probably knew the city alot better than me.

__

After riding for what seemed like hours Tommy and I ended up at a park, that he claimed to be his favorite. I was just glad to see the smile on his face.

"Zen, I miss you. When you leave can I come with you?" Tommy asked as we made our way to the playground of the small park.

I chuckled a bit. "Tommy I'm sorry, but it's not that easy. You don't like it here with granny?"

"I do, but I just wish I could still be with you"

"Yeah, but we all just want what's best for you"

Tommy simply shruggs and runs to the swing set with the other kids. He signals for me to stay put and don't follow him while he plays. I chuckle a bit and sit on the nearby park bench.

I watch as Tommy plays with the other little kids in the playground. If only real life could be that simple. Just makes you want to be a little kid again.

I get up from the bench after a while and head to the ice cream cart. Phoenix is much hotter than Chicago in this time. I don't see how people did it.

I get two bowls of ice cream, one for me and one for Tommy. I go back to the bench noticing Tommy isn't there anymore. I look around for him frantically.

I look all over the playground and nothing. I finally spot his red shirt at the other end of the park talking to someone. I run over almost dropping the bowls of ice cream.

"Tommy! Why did you leave like that boy?" I semi-yell. He simply shrugs and grabs his bowl of ice cream. I roll my eyes at him, I have no idea what has gotten into him.

I notice the person who he was talking to was looking at us with a sly grin. "Um excuse me?" I said with attitude. I had no idea who this boy was and he was almost laughing at me.

He looks up at me and chuckles lightly. Immediately I noticed his pink lips. They looked as soft as pillows. His eyes slightly gleam in the sun light. Every thing about him was just fine.

I shook my head clearing my thoughts and averted my gaze. I could not do this right now. The boy stood up and faced me, keeping his distance.

"My bad ma" he said looking at me with slight amusement still in his voice. I didn't even know what was funny.

I rolled my eyes and sent a sarcastic smile his way. "So you mad now?" He asked laughing again.

He moved a little closer too me, but it was still a safe distant away.

"I'm not mad" I lied. It was apparent in my voice, but I didn't know why I was even mad anymore.

I looked down seeing Tommy look between us. "Can I go back and play?" He pleaded his hands molded together, and ice cream smeared all over his face. I nodded and followed him as he immediately ran away.

Just when I was leaving the boy called me back over. "Aye, come here real quick?" I debated on going over and answering him, or ignore him and walk away.

I decided to go back over, just so I wouldn't be alone. I dragged my feet his way trying not to seem too interested even though I was. "What?" I said when reaching him.

"I don't think we got off to a good start ma, I'm King." He said gesturing to himself.

I nodded. "I'm Zen"

"That's a cute name, just like you" he semi-whispered with a wink.

I could help but blush. I mean here I was with this boy that I just got an attitude with less that five minutes ago. Now I'm sitting here blushing.

I laughed at myself a bit. "What's so funny ma? I ain't hear a joke" he said chuckling as well.

"Nothing, but how do you know my brother?" I asked, suspiciously.

This boy obviously couldn't be any family, and he seemed to be to old to be his friend.

"Aw, lol homie live in the neighborhood" he said nodding his head where Tommy was. "I ain't know he had a sister. You from around here?"

"Um, No just visiting"

He nodded. "Where you from?"

"Chicago."

"I would've never thought that a beauiful girl like you would be from Chicago"

I looked at him like he was dumb, "Umm, what are you trying to say?"

He chuckled and brushed his thick tongue across his plump pink lip. "What I just said ma. You look too good to come from a place like Chicago. I heard about it. Hell I even been there to handle some business before." He said in his deep southern accent. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't attracted to King. He gave me a new feel, something I needed. It was all happening so soon.

"Oh." That was all I could say, really. He had me in trance.

"Well, Zen," he nudged me arm with his elbow, "I got to get out of here. I would love to chill wit'cha sometimes." His voice literally had me melting. I just stared at his face. I was broke out of my daze by his deep chuckle.

"I know I'm fine, but damn." He said with a boyish grin spread across his lips.

"Haha, don't flatter yourself." I tried my best to resist the urge to smile.

"So can I get your number, or na?"

"Na," I stuck my tongue out at him. He bucked his eyes at me, but before he even had a chance to respond, I yelled, "C'mon Tommy! Time to go!" I left King there dumbfounded, and met Tommy halfway, grabbing a hold of his hand.

__

The neat morning I wake up just as energized as yesterday. Since it's Sunday morning and granny and Tommy are already gone to the early service of church I decide to go out for a walk.

I haven't really been around the neighborhood, but I figured this would be a good way to see around more. I mean if I was going to think about living here.

I freshened up, put on my things and headed out.

I ran without music. It helped me clear my mind and think more. I replayed yesterday's events back in my head. After rejecting King I felt good, for all of five minutes.

I mean I still thought about Ian on a daily bases. And it was just getting worse and worse. I had to face the fact that I needed a rebound, but I really just wanted to chill out for a while.

I sped up my pace keeping straight. This was really racking my brain.

King was real cute and all, but he just doesn't seem like my type. And if I do want him to be something I don't want to seem thirsty, but the way he made me feel, just from talking to him, was good.

I decided to just forget about it for the moment. Whatever is suppose happen will happen.

I turned a corner and sped walk for a while to catch my breath.

As I'm walking I catch a black truck with deep tinted windows start to slow down beside me. Oh hell no, I sped up my pace again.

I was not about to be snatched up by anybody. The car mimicked my pace and let the window closest to me down.

The owner of the truck happened to be King. I rolled my eyes and stopped. "What do you want?"

"Damn, I can't stop and talk to you?"

He swiped tongue against his plump lips and leaned back in his seat waiting for my answer. "No" I said with an eye roll. He smacked his lips.

"Damn, why you always so mean? Do you even know where you going?"

He had a point there. I honestly didn't know where I was or where I was going. This was probably a bad idea to run any way. And was I really even being that mean?

"See, but it's obvious you don't want a ride so that's fine" he said preparing to speed off ahead.

"Okay wait, Can you just take me back home?"

He smirked and unlocked the door for me to get in.

As soon as I was in and buckled up he sped up. He drove a little slow since it was just a neighborhood rode.

It wasn't even that far anyway, so it only took minutes for us to get there. Once he was there I thanked him silently and got out the car. "Hold up, ma"

I stopped and turned back around. He gestured for me to come closer back to the car. "Now, usually I don't beg, but imma be honest, I wanna get to know you a lil bit, maybe I can show ya around my city, one of these days." He said, I smiled at his honesty, I wasn't dumb or shit like that, but I guess he deserved a chance.

I reached for his phone, and installed my number. I didn't really think it was a big deal or anything, but King had this smile on his face that I had never seen before.

"Aiight ma" he said.

"Thanks again, for bringing me back."

He nodded and then sped off ahead. I walked in the house, that was still empty.
How long could church actually be down here? I grabbed a bottle of water and headed to my room to take another shower.

As soon as I got out the shower I heard my phone ring. I sighed and made my way over to it. The only person I could think of it being was King, but to my surprise it was Ian.

A dry lump formed in my throat as I answered the call. "Umm Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hello? Aw Hey Zen" Ian said into the phone.

Just hearing his voice brought old feelings rushing back to my mind. The thought of him irritated me, but I still loved him at the same time.

"How are you?" He asked sounding like he was fighting a frown. "I'm good, and you?" I asked trying to be polite.

"Not that good, but I'm getting through shit" he admitted. I hated hearing him like this. It was absolute suffer in his voice.

"Sorry, but um, I'm kind of busy, did you call for something" I lied.

"Uh, yeah I did want to tell you something." He hesitated.

"I just wanted to tell you, uhh ... I ... Never mind" he stuttered. Before I could even reply the line went dead and that was it.

__

A/N: Hey, It's been a while right ? I'm so sorry for the wait! I was editing and I had writers block for a while actually. I just hope you liked the chapter! I will try to update again next weekend, but in other news it's my birthday weekend ! 🎊🎁 I'm so excited to see another year. My birthday is tomorrow 😌.

but What do you think of the new character King?

What do you think Ian was going to say?

Or What do you think Carmen's been doing? Lol

Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 154 5
When two strangers, Xolani Moore and Barry Hale, meet on an airplane, sparks fly. They're each other's fantasy come to life. However, they've both be...
93.7K 2.6K 31
❝ YOUR LOVE CAUSED ME MISERY BUT I LIKE IT WHICH IS A MYSTERY. ❞ ✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* ...
187K 4.8K 61
Everyone knows the stories of the hot popular guy in school who falls in love with the shy girl who is later learnt to be a diamond in the rough. But...
2.3K 184 10
What happens when you throw a rabbit into the wolf's den? That's exactly what happened to Lee Felix but was he able to change the laws of nature? A s...