The Savior and the Scourge

By JS_Riggs

Spike comes to Hogwarts to protect the Malfoy heir. He becomes fascinated with the angsty Harry Potter and th... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 10

7.9K 256 20
By JS_Riggs

Spike escorted his adorably sputtering mate back to Gryffindor tower – followed closely by the watch-wolves. By the time he'd made it back to Dumbledore's office and flooed to Diagon Alley, he was grinding his teeth. His demon wanted to reassure itself that Harry and their child were fine – and to reassert his claim on them.

The blonde stalked from the Leaky Cauldron and into Muggle London; he had a phone call to make.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday evening, Spike was heading to the Defense classroom, sans robes, for his first evening session with his mate and his nephew. It was going to be a very short lesson if he had his way. For the most part his lesson plan consisted of booting his nephew from the room and shagging his mate senseless.

It was an excellent plan in his opinion.

"Ah, Professor Aurelias."

Spike stifled his groan.

"You have a visitor in my office."

"I have a class, Sir."

"He assures me it won't take long."

Spike did groan this time and followed Dumbledore to his office. He had a sinking feeling that like all of his best plans, this one was about to be shot to pieces.

"What in Gods name do you think you are doing in a school Spike? Of all the ridiculous, stupid, insane-"

"Hey now! I've got plenty to offer the kiddies-"

"Very funny Spike, I very seriously doubt that a British Wizarding School teaches classes on American soap operas or Crypt Living 101."

"Oh very funny Giles."

"Gentlemen, gentlemen!" Dumbledore broke in, "I was going to excuse myself and allow you two to catch up, but somehow I think that might be a mistake. Why don't you both have a seat," the old man waved to two chairs in front of his desk before taking his own behind it.

"I can't believe you came here Rupert. Was it too hard to UPS a couple of books? You do know about UPS, right Watcher-boy? You know, 'What can brown do for you'?"

"Why you little-"

"Children!" Dumbledore's voice had both of them looking at the shoes just like...schoolboys.

"So Mister Giles, to what do we owe the pleasure of your company?"

Spike buried his head in his hands – Dumbledore's eyes were twinkling like mad.

"Spike called me Friday needing information...let's just say it is a rare and generally apocalyptic situation when Blondie-bear asks for help."

"Indeed," Dumbledore popped a lemon drop in his mouth.

"I needed information on Demons and unfortunately, Hogwarts is a bit light in that subject. I hoped the books would help Mister Potter identify the Demons that tried to snatch him."

"Harry Potter?"

"Yes Rupert."

"Dear Lord!" Giles glared at Dumbledore, "You mean to tell me that you allowed that," the Watcher pointed at the blonde, "...that, that....Spike! You let Spike near Harry-Bloody-Potter!"

"Harry-Bloody-Potter is standing right behind you and he happens to like his classes with Proffessor Aurelias, thank you ever so much."

Spike hid his snicker at Giles' rather interesting expression that alternated back and forth between embarrassment and awe. He was also amused to see his nephew standing nervously behind the irate Gryffindor.

"Mister Potter, this is a private meeting-"

"With my Instructor who was supposed to be in an after hours class with me that you ordered – unless the whole idea was for the pregnant guy to freeze his arse off in a classroom with only a Death Eater's son for company!"

Draco went red and Giles went white.

The Watcher started sputtering, "Pr-pr-p-p..." while Draco exclaimed, "Now see here Potter," indignantly and Dumbledore covered his eyes with his hands.

Spike decided he'd had about enough of this.

"Mister Malfoy, if you would please escort Mister Potter to my quarters. Mister Giles and I will join you both presently."

Draco tried to take Harry's arm only to have the brunette pull away with an annoyed glare.

After the boys left, Spike turned to the still sputtering Watcher, "Pregnant Giles, yes. Harry Potter is pregnant and he's understandably a little touchy about it, so when you've managed to pull yourself together we'll take the books that I really hope you brought and see if the said Mister Potter can identify which Demons came after him."

Giles blinked a couple of times and then flushed in embarrassment.

"Of course I brought the books," he replied, madly cleaning his glasses.

"Your quarters, William? That is highly irregular-"

"Mister Potter is correct about the cold and both Mister Malfoy and Mister Giles will be present."

Dumbledore's eyes regained their twinkle suddenly, making Spike suspicious. The old man was up to something...

"Of course my boy, of course. I'll let you get on with it then – we wouldn't want to try our Bearer's patience much more, now would we."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were waiting for the staircase to move back into position when Spike broke the silence, "So why exactly are you here Giles? Did you and Buffy have another spat?"

"No, no, nothing of the sort. I just decided that this situation needed my attention. Buffy and Faith have things well under control at the Academy."

Spike raised a blonde eyebrow, "Academy?"

"Yes, well, with the Watcher's Council in London destroyed and all the Slayers awakened to their powers, the surviving members thought it prudent to start a school with Buffy and Faith at the helm. Of course the Council tried to start the school in London but Buffy quickly put an end to that."

The stairs had returned and the pair hurried upwards.

"So what, you were feeling unnecessary? Washed up and obsolete?" The blonde smirked.

Giles' face flushed and his back stiffened as they stopped outside of Spike's door.

"I'll have you know that I chose to come here...to escape all the bloody teenage female hormonal insanity! By all that is holy, that many twittering, fighting, whining, overpowered females should never be confined in a single place. It's enough to drive a Slorchak demon to vegetarianism!"

Considering a Shorchak demon's head would melt if it ingested anything other that bloody red meat...that was saying a lot.

"So you ran away," Spike choked out.

Giles straightened his glasses, "I merely made a strategic retreat."

The vampire couldn't hold back his laughter anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly midnight and well after the student's curfew by the time Harry had identified the Demons. Spike had had to stop himself on several occasions from laughing his arse off at all of them.

Giles kept wavering between his upstanding and dignified Wacher persona, and the awe struck fan boy – the later irritating Harry to no end. His nephew reminded him of someone with multiple personalities. One minute the boy would be polite and solicitous of Harry and when he was rebuffed by the brunette he would lash out as he'd done in all the years before. Harry, of course, had no idea why Draco was trying to be nice and was highly suspicious. Spike was still debating on whether or not to enlighten his mate; his nephew was so amusing...

"Alright then. I think we have what we need, I'll check with Mister Lupin in the morning and see if he agrees with Harry's choice. Giles, if you'll be good enough to escort Mister Malfoy back to his dorm and I'll do the same for Mister Potter."

"But I don't - "

Draco rolled his eyes and started down the hall, "I'll show you the way, Sir."

Spike stood behind Harry in the doorway, his hand on the brunette's shoulder watching Giles sputter a moment before the Watcher glared at him and then jogged after Draco.

As soon as the pair turned a corner, Spike pulled his mate back into his quarters and shut the door. Locking the door he then nudged the boy onto the couch. Spike knelt on the floor between Harry's spread knees. He had to fight back his Demon at the scorching look his mate gave him.

Carefully but quickly he pulled Harry's pants and boxers away and pulled the boy farther down on the cushions until his buttocks filled the vampire's hands. The movement bunched Harry's shirt up high on his chest exposing his delectable, smooth white belly.

Spike couldn't stop the growl that escaped his throat at the ever-so-slight bulge in that belly.

"Mine," his demon surfaced this time, "my mate, my child."

"Yesss," Harry hissed as Spike nuzzled him with his ridged face.

Moving down the blonde licked the delicate scar marking the inside of Harry's thigh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Blasted vampire. Of all the ridiculous - "

Giles was lost and he was highly annoyed. The Malfoy boy had given him directions to get back to Spike's quarters, but somehow he'd gotten turned around.

"This is what I get for haring off to Scotland – Oh My Lord! I've been infected by the Americans!"

"What ever will Mother say?"

The silky voice came from behind him. With a gasp Giles spun to face the speaker while putting his back safely against the stone wall of the dungeon hallway.

The man behind him was dressed head to toe in black with only a hint of a white collar peeking out at the neck. His black hair hung in a heavy curtain just past his shoulders and framed a pale face with high cheekbones, piercing eyes and a ...distinctive nose.

"Do you have a reason for wandering my dungeons at such an hour, or are you merely too witless to find other activities."

Giles flushed, "I escorted Mister Malfoy back to his dormitory after a late session with Sp-Professor Aurelias and I seem to have lost my way."

"Indeed."

Giles pulled himself away from the wall and straightened his clothes. Stepping forward he held out his hand.

"Rupert Giles," he gave a nervous smile.

The man considered his hand for a moment before taking it in his own.

"Severus Snape, resident Potion's Master."

"Pleasure to meet you Professor."

Snape cocked his head and looked him up and down. Giles flushed again. His jeans, blue Henley sweater and sneakers were very out of place, now that he thought about it, especially compared to his companion's rather formal Wizarding robes.

"Would you care for a cup of tea?"

Giles blinked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 1.9K 28
My name is Katerina Giles, I am a good witch and demon expert. A perfect edition to the Scooby gang, but am I ready for what the gang holds? Am I rea...
428K 11.6K 93
❝I'll be here whenever you need me. Always and forever.❞ ❝How about now and forevermore? It can be something of ours.❞ Harry Potter x fem!reader GoF...
7.6K 266 18
WARNING!!! MY FIRST STORY EVER!!! The Second Wizarding War has finished with the triumph of light. As eight year begins in Hogwards, Draco Malfoy, a...
56.3K 1.2K 11
This story follows the return to Hogwarts of sixth year Scarlett Hilbrett and her friends- the pure-blood red-haired Weasley family; muggle-born Herm...