The Elementals

By silversnowleopard

My name is Tide. I'd love to say hi and all, but if I tell you my location two very bad things could happen... More

Another Orphanage Bites the Dust
I Am Attacked for No Reason
I Meet The Bane Of My Existence
Radioactivity
I Try To Drown The Bane Of My Existence
I Become An Instant Battle Genius
Confessions
Enter Popsicle Man
We Are Not Alone
I Push Coal Off A Cliff
I Show Proficiency in Burglary
I Show Less Proficiency in Driving
Breeze
Trapped
Steel
Breeze
Steel
Enter Oh'Rian
Practice
Steel
Nightmares Come True
Wake Up Call
I Get Impatient
It Appears I Have A Continuing Love Of Taking Life Threatening Risks
I Eavesdrop
The Madness Begins
Amnesia
Steel
Third Rail
We Are Still Not Alone
Stage Two Insanity: I Make The Worst Decison Of My Life
I Meet the Second Bane of My Existence
Breeze
Death, Cliffs, And Jealousy Oh My
Progress
Oh'Rian Has A Plan
Terra
Psychic
Rules Were Made to Be Broken
We "Borrow" A Helicopter
The Bitter Taste Of Freedom
Video
Trust
S.O.S
Mission
Training
Have I Mentioned How Much I Hate Trust Exercises?
Treachery
DNA
We Take A Ride In The Death Mobile
Doppelgangers And Handcuffs
Experiment #23
Brownies
Switch It Up
Replaced
#23
Avalanches Cause Hypothermia
No Kidding
The File Room
Finish The Story
Try Not To Break The Airport
Flipper Flipper Faster Than Lightning
Steel
Audrey
Stella
I Am Princess Leia
Noah
And Yet Another Knife Is Stabbed In My Back
Broken Heart, Broken Rib, Same Thing
Promise
Fire-cane-earth-nado
Sixteen Pizzas and a Body
The Deadly Virus Goes Round and Round...
Russia, Location Disclosed
Sequel

Maple

13.1K 906 34
By silversnowleopard

Maple surveyed the building with a disgusted confusion. She didn’t understand why fancy government officials chose to meet in such a run-down place. If it was to keep it a secret, then it didn’t work, because Audrey had said that the environmentalist people would be coming to protest.

She looked out at the fields in front of her. They were marshy and the grass was unevenly cut, if at all. Terra was sculpting random things in the mud, and Steel was helping Sparky build a lightning rod. Maple squinted at the clouds forming in the distance, promising rain.

She glanced back at the building. Coal was there, leaning against the graffiti covered brick walls, deep in thought. Maple felt safe with him around, even if he did kind of scare her a little bit. Audrey and Oh’Rian were inside the building at the meeting, and Stella too, but in secret.

Audrey had seemed tense the entire ride there, which was unusual. Audrey was a pretty laid-back person. Maple had a disturbing feeling something bad was going to happen, or even worse, had already happened, and Audrey knew it.

She was safe though, with the others. It worried her that Tide was not here, and it obviously bothered Coal too. Everyone else was, so why not Tide? Again, Maple had an unsettling, unexpected assurance that Tide was special, and that’s why she wasn’t here.

Eventually, Maple saw Coal shift restlessly, and she looked up at the sky. Through the clouds, she could see the sun and deduced that it was at least a couple hours after when the meeting was supposed to end. The gnawing feeling in her gut grew stronger.

She heard the low droning of an aircraft engine and looked up quickly. She shielded her eyes and saw a familiar plane circling the fields. It landed, and Maple started running towards it as Tide jumped out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359 59 22
Unbeknownst to humans, there is an invisible world just beyond their own where Mother Nature and Father Time work together to keep the earth in balan...
1.4M 54.5K 62
Credits: 'MsChallenjour' for the amazing yet beautiful book cover and 'Daring2BeMe' for trying to edit the first few chapters of the book. Also, the...
3.8K 562 65
NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON. Action, Romance, Bad Weather & Broken Crayons! ** Elemental beings struggle over the fate & heart of a 2-souled artist as s...
22.1K 1.7K 53
Evette lives in a medieval society and is in an abusive relationship. She has a flower shop and one day her assistant, Cameron saves her from an inju...