Better With You |Dave Hodgman|

By lionsbby

"I like it better with you. There's nothing that compares to your company. I like it better with you. You com... More

{1} Home Sweet Home
{2} New Neighbors
{3} Tour Guide
{4} Our Little Tradition
{5} Party
{6} Late Night Walk
{7} The Boy Next Door
{8} Hot New Girls
{10} I Wanna Go With You
{11} Sweater Weather
{12} You Dig Me
{13} I Need You
{14} Happy Memory
{15} Day At The Park
{16} So Much Fun
{17} Ah, Fuck It
{18} But It's Worth It
{19} The First Time
{20} Keep Talking To You
{21} The Only One

{9} It's A Date

1.1K 26 3
By lionsbby

3rd Person POV

Dave grabs a pen and writes the number on his hand. Big Corporation ends the call and Simon parked in front of Dave's house. Dave got out of the car after putting the pen back in the cup holder.

Simon told Dave, "Hey, we're gonna see the movie tonight, 7:15, Old Orchard."

"What movie?" Dave asked looking at him

Simon said, "Where the world ends in like 5 days."

"3 days." Big Corporation corrected

Simon continued, "3 days. Not a lot of time."

"Yeah, that movie's gonna suck. I think I'll skip it." Dave said and turned around

Simon called out, "David."

Dave turns back around facing them. Simon said to him, "Look, it goes without saying, leave it a few days before you call this girl. You know, let's give her an illusion that you actually have a life."

"Of course. Of course. I'm happy we got the number, but I don't know. I probably. Hey, I probably won't even call her at all. We'll see how I feel by the end of the week or something. Or in a couple of weeks." Dave responded.

---

Inside his room, he used his house phone to call the number that was written on his hand. The other end answered with a woman greeting saying, "Hello."

"Uh, hi, yes, is this Mrs. Carver?" Dave asked looking at Stella who was sitting on his bed

The woman replied, "Yes it is. May I ask who's calling?"

"Uh, hi, umm, I'm friends with your daughter, Angelina." Dave said nervously

Mrs. Carver asked, "You're a friend of my daughter? I'm surprised that she made friends already."

"Yes, I'm actually your next door neighbor. Ian, Troy, and Angelina came over the other night." Dave said to her

Mrs. Carver chuckled and asked, "Oh, okay. How's the pumpkin pie?"

"Great. My mom enjoyed it, so there's that." Dave said and asked, "Is Angelina there?"

Mrs. Carver said, "No, she's not right now. She's out exploring and probably looking for a job."

"Woah, really?" Dave asked a little surprised yet impressed

Mrs. Carver replied, "Yeah, and she usually leaves her phone off so I wouldn't try calling her."

"Yep." Dave commented looking at her phone on his desk, charging

Dave asked, "Is Ian there?"

"Yes, he is. I didn't get your name.." Mrs. Carver said and Dave replied, "Oh, uh, it's Dave Hodgman."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Dave." Mrs. Carver said and called out, "Ian!"

Mrs. Carver hands the phone over to Ian as Ian asked, "Who's calling?"

"Uh, hey, it's Dave." Dave said awkwardly and looked at Stella who was laughing

Ian replied, "What's up, man? Looking for Angelina, huh?"

"How you'd know?" Dave asked and Ian responded, "Lucky guess. Do you wanna leave a message or something? I'll make sure she knows about it."

"Uh, yes, actually, can you tell her to meet at Old Orchard, it's a movie theater." Dave said to him

Ian said, "Ah, okay. So, you called the house to ask her out on a date?"

Dave quickly responded, "What? No. I mean, to hang out, I guess." He covers Stella's mouth from laughing.

"It's okay, man. Uh, I'm not sure when she gets back though. What time do you wanna meet her?" Ian asked and Dave replied, "7 ish."

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll let her know." Ian said. "Later, Hodgman."

"Later, Carver." Dave said ending the call. He tossed the home phone on his bed. He looks at Stella and said, "I think that went pretty well, right?" Stella shakes her head in reply

---

Angelina's Outfit:

Angelina saw a 'Help Wanted' sign on one of the restaurants' door, 'Harmony's Rose'. She walked inside and went to the front desk and asked, "Hi, I saw the 'Help Wanted' sign, and I was wondering if I could apply for the job?"

"Okay, sweetie, right this way." The girl with the name tag, 'Sally'. Angelina followed Sally as she was looking around the diner, it was modern yet simple interior and was filled with people.

Sally knocks on the Manager's door as Angelina heard, "Come in." Sally opens up the door and said, "This girl is looking for a job, Molly."

Molly looks up at Angelina as she waved, "Hi, I'm Angelina."

"Molly." Molly said as Angelina fully walked into the room and sat on the chair in front of her desk.

Angelina handed her a resume as Molly commented, "Came in prepared, huh?"

"There's nothing wrong with being prepared." Angelina said crossing her legs

Molly chuckled and said, "Outspoken. That's a great quality. Well, I don't really see any problem. You're 18, new in town, have experience. We just need to check your schedule, okay?"

"Okay." Angelina said with a nod. Molly asked, "You sing right?"

"Yes, I do. But may I ask why?" Angelina asked and Molly replied, "Because we sing to the customers, here."

"You do?" Angelina asked and Molly nods her head chuckling, "I thought you came here prepared, Angelina."

"Well, paperwork wise, yes." Angelina said back making Molly laugh

Molly told her, "Don't worry about it, all right? Just sing me a happy birthday song so I know, you got what it takes."

"Okay." Angelina said as sat up straighter. She cleared her throat and started to sing: Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, dear, Molly. Happy birthday to you.

Molly claps her hands and said, "Great vocals, sweetheart."

"Thanks." Angelina said smiling

Molly said to her, "Can you start Monday after school? 4 o'clock, sharp."

"I could start Monday." Angelina said and Molly smiled, "Yes, you can."

Angelina got up and said, "Oh my god, thank you. Thank you so much."

Molly smiled and said, "See you on Monday, okay?"

"Yes, of course. Thank you so much." Angelina said smiling as she left the office, heading out of the diner.

She walked around the neighborhood and went into the park. She got out her camera and started to take pictures of the trees and the park itself.

She looks at her camera and saw how the picture came out. A runner bumps into her as she said, "Woah, pal."

She held onto her camera as the guy removed his shades, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I almost dropped my camera. But it's okay." Angelina said looking at her camera. She looked back up at the guy as he smiled at her.

"I'm really sorry. I'm Brendan Meltzer." Brendan said holding out his hand

"Angelina Carver." Angelina said and shakes his hand. He said letting go of her hand, "So, are you new in town or something? I don't think I've ever seen you before."

"Yeah, I am actually." Angelina responded. "I start going to Humphrey on Monday."

"No way, I go to Humphrey. I'm a senior." Brendan said and Angelina laughed, "I'm a senior too."

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be seeing a lot more of you." Brendan said and asked, "What are you doing later?"

"I don't know. Why are you asking?" Angelina asked and Brendan replied, "Because I'm asking you out on a date."

Angelina said. "I bet you do this to all of the other girls, huh? Bump into them and ask them out on a date."

Brendan chuckled and shakes his head, "Nope. This is my first time bumping into an angel."

"Wow, smooth." Angelina commented and Brendan laughed, "Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying right?"

"Yeah, sure, all right." Angelina said trying to calm her breathing

Brendan asked her, "Well, may I take you on a date?"

Angelina smiles nodding her head, "Okay, sure. It's a date."

"Okay, well, there's this movie theater, Old Orchard. And there's supposed to be this action movie. I heard it was good." Brendan told her

Angelina replied, "Okay, sure. What time?"

"I'll pick you up around 7, maybe?" Brendan asked and Angelina replied, "Okay. See you tonight, Brendan."

"See you tonight, Angelina." Brendan said to her, putting her shades back on, and jogs away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829 54 27
A few years have gone by. Abby's life has been changed forever, she has the perfect boyfriend, an amazing family, amazing friends. Abby is now done w...
51.6K 1.7K 49
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ― her plans were to spend some time with her brother, but what happens when the blue-eyed boy next door changes her plans? 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓...
2.2K 6 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
2.4K 58 4
A group of friends get closer during their weekly game night. What happens when one friend confesses their love for Erik.... All stories belong to Ho...