Memories of Azura

By CarnelianCrownedLady

When a simple popularity bulletin becomes a murder list, an ex Queen Bee becomes the heroin she never thought... More

Prologue
The Human
The Proposal
Sneaky Paparazzi's Discovery
Status Quo
Body Found
Interrogation
Undercover Under Cover
The murder List
Stabbed
The Infirmary
The Fortune Teller
His Siblings
Treasure in the Treasury
Waiting
Things I shouldn't have Done
The Blood Vampires' Arrival
Troy of Druada
Beneath the Mandrakes
Lies
Crown Princess of Rosso
Surprises, Secrets and Threats
Absence of Leverage
Safe (Bloody/ Gory Scenes- Not for Children)
The Run
Fragments
Confessions of a Serial Killer
Unaccountable Evidences & Unknown Living Proofs
My Sacrifice

Crowned Heads

431 20 7
By CarnelianCrownedLady

Chapter 11: Crowned Heads

“You will stay in this room with me whether you like it or you really like it.” He said, taking off his shirt.

Eyes away from the packs. Eyes away from the packs.

“You live in a ridiculously huge castle, Dragomir! How can you not have any spare rooms for me? I can manage sleeping in the infirmary you know.” I suggested, looking at the cast on my left ankle instead.

“You should stop calling me with my last name. You sound like you’re mocking the king and queen.” He said and closed the bathroom door behind him, leaving me alone in his white marbled room, in his soft, shiny, royal blue quilted bed. Oh, that’s right. He’s a prince.

Blue, white, silver, blue, white, silver, oh at last, something of different color; gray! Nah, it’s still somehow the same with silver. Out of boredom, I entertained myself with my newly invented game called ‘Blue, white, silver, other’. The main concept of this game is to find an entirely different color in Reece’s room. I’ve been noticing this since I was in the infirmary and while walking in the corridors before we got here. What’s taking him too long in the shower?

“Bored?” Speaking of the devil. He asked, stepping out of the bathroom with only a thick white towel hanging low on his waist. Eyes away from the packs. Eyes away from the packs. I peeled my eyes off his heavenly sculptured body and stared at my cast again.

“Nah,” I lied, looking out the window. “Why is you’re castle so trichromatic?” I opened a conversation, having my eyes plastered on the arched window; seeing nothing but blue skies.

“It’s the ascribed color for our kingdom.” He answered shortly. I can see him buckling his belt in the corner of my eye. He took my silence as a cue for continuation so he went on.

“Lucy, what’s the color of Dracula’s cape?” He asked.

“Red and black. Red in the inside and black on the outside.” I answered excitedly feeling the trivia and turning back to him because of the incongruous question. He was already fixing his tie. I’m safe to look.

“Correct, so that means the Sanguine’s ascribed color is red and black. The Life- feeder’s color on the other hand is green and gold, while ours is blue and silver.” He said, opening a closet and showing me the same blue and silver cape like the one worn by his brother Prince Caleb and King Nicolae. He took it out and flipped it over his back.

“Fuck. Dracula’s real?” I wouldn’t be shocked if he said yes.

“Yes he is, but he’s not a Vampire.” He said.

“That’s somehow disappointing.” I murmured. He laughed, hearing it.

“You’re so cute. But let me tell you something not everyone knows.” I knew my face lit up with this.

“His name was Vlad. My great grandfather told dad and then dad told Gold and I once, that Vlad used to come to Carpatia when the ‘Red Castle of the North’ was still being constructed. He was the Prince of Walachia from 1447 to 1462, seeing his father the King brutally murdered and his mother die in depression; he was left to be taken care of by a family friend who claimed to be his Aunt- who happened to be a Sanguine. He ruled Walachia by terror, collecting the blood of all he kills, to be fed to his Aunt and the increasing number of his Aunt’s blood-sucking girlfriends. That’s why people feared him more, thinking that he was the one consuming it. Dad also told us he has psychiatric needs too.” He said, combing his hair and twisting in his….. crown.

So he was just protecting and taking care of his Aunt, and the increasing number of his Aunt’s blood-sucking girlfriends. Who would’ve thought he was just a psychotic trauma victim who loves his fake Aunt. I was too absorbed by the whole Prince Vlad Dracula revelation that I didn’t notice the three maids getting in.

“I’ll leave you with them, baby.” He said, winking before he closed his bedroom door behind him. I looked at the maids. One has a thick white towel on her hand, the other has a heavy looking silver dress, neatly folded on her arms and the last one is carrying a black velvet box the size of her head; jewelry box maybe.

“We will help you bathe, miss.” The black girl said.

“Bathe? Oh I think I can manage.” I said, not entirely believing in my own words. I can already walk, but it’s the cast that makes it hard to move. They were too persistent, so I ended up in Reece’s majestic bath tub. I was expecting the ‘Harry Potter’ looking bathroom but I just ended up finding myself in an all white, blue and silver Swedish looking spa. Not to mention the vast collection of loofa, bath salts and shampoo.

“Can…May I ask some questions?” I finally spoke, breaking the deafening silence.

“Why, of course miss.” The same black girl answered.

“Why am I not allowed to take this ring off?” I asked, looking at the ring.

“That serves as your protection miss. It will mask your soul and no one can feed on you if you’re wearing it.” She said.

“Why don’t you have one. You need protection too right?” The servants are Dreamscapes and I’m sure they also have souls ready to be sucked by the soul-suckers anytime. This statement of mine has halted all three of them from scrubbing my limbs. They exchanged shocked glances and then continued scrubbing.

“No miss but we thank you for the thoughtfulness. The rings are only for the crowned heads.”

“Crowned heads? Like … the royal…family?” I still find it uncomfortable saying ‘fantasy’ words.

“Yes miss.”

“But I’m just visiting. I’m not a crowned he…” I stopped, blabbering in sight of the blonde maid, showing me a crown just smaller than Reece’s, and the other maid, showing me the silver gown.

“You need to get dressed, miss.” The black maid wrapped a thick white towel around me as I stood up the tub, keeping water splashes away from my cast. They helped me into the silver gown which was surprisingly very figure flattering. The black maid fixed my hair into bohemian waterfalls, making it wavier. The blonde one tucked the crown secure, surrounded by the braids and clasped a diamond choker on my neck.

I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing on the mirror. I haven’t been this pretty, ever. From her pocket, the black one took out a set of makeup. I didn’t know they had makeup in… Carpatia. And it’s ‘Max Factor’. They might have brought this from the ‘human world’. Now I can’t believe myself from thinking these things.

We went out of the bathroom finding an old man in a lab gown. “A pleasant evening, Miss.” He greeted as my eyes darted out of the arched window. It was already dark.

“Good evening, sir.” I smiled and his face lit up.

“I will be removing your cast.” He lifted a chair and gestured to me to sit on it. I did and he bent down, producing stuff out from his satchel. “Yes please.”

Walking around in this blue velvet ballet flats felt weird. I can feel the cold marble floor and the sharp wind entering the gap between the floor and the front hem of my long flowing gown. Ana, Ebony and Ella would stretch out the back part of my gown and make sure it stays sweeping the floor from time to time. I find them very amusing, telling me stories of their kingdom. I remember Kendra, Kathy, Nicole, Poppy, Barbie and Avery, now only three of us are alive.

“Remember what we told you, miss. Never say no to their offers.” Ebony patted the small of my back before Ana and Ella opened the dining room door. Seeing the brightly lit white marbled room with the long table lined with exquisite china and fresh lilies, I didn’t have words to answer Ebony. I nodded instead.

Entering the room, I hear a faint sound of violin played in crescendo; a Romanian Rhapsody maybe. It stopped, the moment she noticed my presence. “You play beautifully.” I commented as Gold hid the violin behind an ivory statue. She shook her head.

“You look even more beautiful Lucy.” She said, taking my hand and pulling a chair for me to sit. She sat beside me, nearest to the corner of the long table. She changed the topic even before I could ask how she was. She looked sad.

“You too,” I smiled in courtesy as the double door were opened for the King and Queen to enter. Are these their home clothes? Or is it just like this because they have a visitor… from the human world.

“Oh Luucy, very beautiful.” Queen Farra stroked my hair, sniffing its ends. This queen’s starting to get creepy. She seemed like she wanted to eat me, anyway, I admired her pearl necklace.

“Farra, stop scaring Lucy.” King Nicolae sat on the end of the long table and Farra sat in front of Gold.

“Good evening, King Nicolae, Queen Farra,” I greeted.

“Call me dad.” The king said leaving me wide eyed again. Why?

“Now look who’s scaring her.” Farra scolded her husband.

“I am but being serious, my Queen.”

“I know. Let’z just not rush our dear Lucy.” She said. I can see Gold nodding at the corner of my eye. What’s to rush about?

The door opened once again, and Reece entered with Caleb. Caleb had his hair combed back, making him look much of a vampire that he already is. Reece on the other hand just looked like my regular cuddly Reece in prince costume.

“Smitten?” He asked, kissing me below the ear. “Really?” I spat sarcastically as he sat beside me. My answer brought darker colors to their eyes so I decided to change it. What’s their problem?

“I mean: Really.” Making it sound real. At least it brought their smiles back. The dinner started after the maids left us with too much food for six persons. The silence of clattering forks and slicing knives was broken by Caleb.

“I want to say sorry to Lucy.” All eyes darted to him. “I needed you unconscious so I’m sorry for stabbing you.” It was a really weird thing to say but he did.

“And for strangling me,” I added.

“And for breaking your ankle,” He added

“And for smashing my head on the mirror,” I continued.

“And for throwing you in the floor,”

“And for saying my tits are big.” I added, making them all gasp.

That, baby sister, was a sincere compliment.” He said.

“Apology accepted.” I said as they all clapped… okay how do I put this…royally. Wait. What did he just say? Baby sister?

“Was your brother’s behavior well dealt with, Reece?” The king asked. Reece waved a hand to Caleb.

“I didn’t even know he could beat me up this bad. I haven’t been beaten up this bad actually.” Caleb smirked and shook his head in disbelief. The king nodded contentedly.

Reece held my hand and I held his above mine. I mouthed him a ‘thank you’. He winked, and I practically just melted. “And… And I want to thank you for taking care of me while I was out… unconscious.” I finally found the courage.

“Oh Lucy, you are practically family to us.” The King said as the Queen beamed a dazzling smile.

“Family?” I whispered, but the room was too silent for anything not to be heard.

“Yes.” Caleb and Gold chorused enthusiastically. I felt Reece’s grip tighten as he sank in his seat. “Oh come on, baby sister. You think that ring and that crown means nothing?” Caleb added.

What? What does that mean?

“Children, let’s noot rush dear Lucy.” Farra whipped her full lips and folded the napkin.

“Your mother’s right kids, let’s not embarrass your brother Reece.” The king added, making all of them laugh.

“Dad, you’re the one embarrassing me!” Reece retorted, making them laugh even more. They sound like a regular family now.

“Lucy, I want to give this to you.” The queen spoke out of the blue, and a maid handed me a larger black velvet box. Opening it, I found the diamond choker that she’s been wearing when I first saw her in the infirmary.

“Queen Farra, I can’t accept this. This is too much.” I almost squinted due to it’s too much luster. I looked at Queen Farra to hand her back the box but her expression stopped whatever I was about to do. Her head was cocked to the left, her bright brown eyes went black and open wide, her lips pressed into a thin narrow line. Everyone seems to have taken my act of humility as an insult. Shit.

“Remember what we told you, miss. Never say no to their offers.” Ebony’s words rang on my ears. Reece elbowed me, giving me a what-are-you-waiting-for?-Take-it! kind of look. So I said, “Thank you Queen Farra. It’s… beautiful.”

Instantly, it brought her back to the ethereal beauty that she really was. I could’ve sworn I saw veins crawl out of her smile lines and frown lines, but looking at her beautiful face now, I doubt I ever saw those.

“Not a problem deary, you can make it up to me by coming with me to my fortune teller tomorrow. It would be so much fun.” She beamed and clapped her hands excitedly.

Never say no to their offers. I nodded.

“But mother, I made plans for her to come with me to my dressmaker. You’re coming with me, right Lucy?” Gold interjected.

“We will try to be home early, so you can go with Gold.” The queen informed me.

Never say no to their offers. I nodded. “Yey!” Gold clapped exitedly.

“And, and before I forget. I made reservations to the heads of the stables and the armory, to introduce baby sister. Our people need to know how to address her other than food or threat right?” Caleb said, gaining consents from everyone.

“Thanks Caleb.” Reece gave him a grateful bow. Did I just see that? Oh! I knew it! Why haven’t I noticed? I’m like in ‘Once Upon A Time’.

“It’s the least I can do, brother.” He bowed in courtesy.

“Caleb, after you are done with touring Lucy around the castle, bring her to throne room. I will show her the treasury and the map.” The King said and Caleb nodded. “Would that be fine with you Lucy?”

Never say no to their offers. “Yes, King Nicolae.”

“Dad” he corrected.

“Yes, Dad.” I repeated.

“That sounds better.” He commented. I liked how they made me feel at home inside this humongous architecture. Though calling anyone ‘Dad’ for such a long time needs so much getting to use to, I think I’ll manage. The King really seemed to be so kind. Question is; why ‘dad’?  

The dinner ended with the delicious crème brûlée for dessert and sibling’s rants about bringing me to the treasury while they never got to go there.

I changed in to a knee length night gown Ebony gave me and jumped in the blue mass of comfort. I tucked myself under the covers, leaving enough space and pillow barricade for Reece if he decides to become a creep.

I was almost asleep when I felt his part of the bed depress in his weight. I remember this happening before. Right, it was when I thought Reece was Tyler. So to make sure I know who I’m sleeping with, I opened my eyes.

“Lucy, you need to know something.” Reece said as he helped me into a sitting position. I blinked, ingesting the delicious sight of this prince sitting on his silken robes beside me in bed. His baby blue eyes sparkled in the pale moonlight, sincerely looking at me, absorbing every detail of my face.

“What is it?” I honestly didn’t want to know but, seeing him so distressed made me want to know its cause.

“Lucy, I love you.” He spoke, caressing my face.

“That’s it?” I rolled my eyes.

“The king is dying, Lucy.” He said after a few moments of silence.

“How can he be dying? I thought you guys are immortal. I mean, aren’t you people dead already?” I asked.

“No, were not like the blood-suckers. We age slowly. We’re not immortal. When our life time reaches a millennium or so, we start to deteriorate. Frequent feedings doesn’t make his life longer anymore. The whole kingdom is starting to worry.”

“I think Caleb could lead your kingdom well.” I said, trying to ease the troubled sea of thoughts that is washing over his expressions.

“That’s the problem Lucy. That’s why they forced me to come back home.”

“Why did you run away, anyway?” I asked, remembering the King, thanking me for bringing him back. Which I actually didn’t because I just woke up this morning and I’m here- believing things I never thought was true, talking to people I never knew existed.

“Responsibility and you. I didn’t want to be king because it comes with tons of responsibilities. When Caleb married Clarissa, I thought I was free from obligation ‘cause at last, we have our future king and queen. But then, she died.

Right then and there I knew Caleb’s never going to find his next mate, but I waited. I waited for two human lifetimes but he didn’t find his mate. He became too attached to Clarissa that her death took away his ability to love again. He didn’t even feel his next mate being born, instead, I found you. You were the reason why I came to live in your world. I looked for you for seventeen years and now that I’ve found you. I couldn’t be any happier.” He said.

In the back of my head was a conclusion to his statement- a conclusion that I didn’t want to hear. Within less than four days I was bombarded with the most information and happenings one can ever normally have.

1. I got proposed to by Tyler. 2. I saw my friend Kendra’s soul get sucked. 3. I got a love confession from her murderer. 4. I was informed that my schoolmates’ suicides and accidents were actually murders. 5. I became a murder suspect. 6. My two girl friends are bisexual and making out. 7. I slept with a murder suspect whom I thought was my boyfriend. 8. I accidentally broke up with Tyler. 9. I started working with the police officer’s son to spy on an inhuman soul-sucking monster. 10. I discovered that the popularity list was the murder’s pattern. 11. I was next to be killed by the serial murderer on the loose. 12. My new reporter Stacy Danes was the new suspect. 13. Mom and Officer slash Detective De Mente are on first name basis. 14. I got stabbed, slammed on the wall, scraped on the floor, banged on the mirror. 15. I woke up in a castle’s infirmary. 16. Reece’s soul-sucker parents were the King and Queen of a whole soul-sucking kingdom. 17. They can cure a fracture in one day using magic. 18. Count Dracula was a psychotic prince. 19. I just had dinner with the royal soul-sucking family. What’s for number 20? I don’t think I can’t take this much anymore.

“I don’t think I could take another shocker at the moment.” I answered falling back to the sheets.

“We’ll talk about this tomorrow night, if that’s fine with you.” He bended over and kissed my cheek, sending electric signals on my spine and butterfly wings on my stomach. I nodded, hiding the stupid grin on my face.

“Sleep well, baby.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24 0 8
She wasn't a normal girl to start off with; her parents never treated her like a child but as a weapon. She grew up being a fighter and her parents w...
2K 1.2K 58
It's like any other fairy tail except it happen in real life girl who thought she made couple of friends who we're guys they end up kid...
881K 21.3K 20
(SLOWLY EDITING) *Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was alwa...
170K 3.3K 19
Lucy Heartfillia who is just an average girl decides to go to a club with her best friend Levy. Who she meets at the club will rock her world. When s...