Chemistry | Sebastian Smythe |

By sunnybabe101

"We have chemistry both on and off the stage." More

Playlist
| PART 1 |
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
| PART 2 |
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Final Note

Chapter 12

5.6K 103 12
By sunnybabe101

I arrived back at Dalton High for my senior year, thankfully the principal let me come back that year. I was super excited, I had only gotten to see Sebastian about once or twice a week during the summer, and the thought of getting to see him every day again sent joy throughout my body. Everyone had their bags, and my parents followed me through the dormitories. The first day was spent moving in and touring the classrooms, so my mom and dad were there to help me set up my dorm room. Emily was going to help, but she had Chemo scheduled for that day, and it was pretty routine so my parents didn't have to go.

We arrived at my room, and I pulled out my key, excitedly turning the lock and pushing the door open. The room was completely blank, but on my bedside table sat a vase full of sunflowers with a note. I walked over, picking up the node, smiling as I read it.

Because you're the sunlight in my life, ma chérie. With love, Your Warbler.

"Who are they from?" My dad asked, and I grinned even wider, if that was even possible.

"They're from Sebastian." I told them, and my mother smiled, while my dad chuckled and shook his head. They both liked Sebastian, he had really done a good job at gaining their trust, which was not easily won.

"He's such a romantic." My mother gushed, and my father rolled his eyes.

"He's trouble, Susan. I can see it in his eyes, remember Amelia, if he ever lays a hand on you-" My dad started but was interrupted.

"Come on pops, don't you trust me?" I squealed as Sebastian appeared in the door, and tackled him in a hug. He laughed and held me tightly, pressing a small kiss to my head. My dad just laughed, grinning wildly.

"You know I do, Sebastian. Just looking out for my little girl, like always. Don't think you won't meet my shotgun, son." My dad chastised, and Sebastian released me from a hug, settling for his arm around my waist, and saluted my father jokingly.

"Yes, sir." He said firmly, and I giggled. "I can help Amelia unpack, if you two wanna go see Emily or something." Sebastian and Emily had grown close over the remainder of the school year, driving me to visit her almost once a week. I really appreciated him getting to know my family properly, it meant a lot that he cared.

"Are you sure, darling? We can stay if it's too much?" My mother told him, and he shook his head.

"I've got it. Ames and I are an unstoppable team together." He pulled me closer and I smiled up at him.

"Yeah, mom, you and dad can go see how Em's Chemo went today. We'll be fine." I promised and my Dad nodded.

"Well,if you're sure, good luck you two." My dad pulled me into a hug and I held him tightly, knowing I wouldn't see them for a while. I released my dad and gave my mom a hug too, kissing her on the cheek.

"Be good." My mom told me, then leaned into my ear. "And use protection." A blush covered my cheeks, and I know Sebastian could tell what she said, and he sent me a smirk and a wink. I rolled my eyes at his childishness, and my parents waved as they left the room. Sebastian closed the door behind them, and pulled me into him, pressing a long, sweet kiss to my lips. When he pulled away, he set his forehead on mine.

"I missed you so much ma amour." He mumbled, and I smiled.

"I missed you too Seb." I told him, and he picked me up swiftly, and threw me on the bed. I groaned at his actions, and he started kissing my neck.

"Seb we have to put my room together." I pestered and he let out a long whine, but unlatched himself from me, standing up and grinning widely at my disheveled form. I grabbed a box that read "Bedding" in my dad's sloppy handwriting, and got ready for an hour or two of set up.

><><

I flopped back onto the bed as we finished decorating 2 hours later, exhausted and ready to test the bed. Sebastian laughed at me as he pushed the last of the boxes into the closet for when I moved back out at the end of the year. He came over and sat next to my worn out body, brushing the hair out of my face.

"As much as I wanna sleep, we have a short Warbler meeting in about," He looked at his watch. "20 minutes?" I groaned loudly. "I know, but the principal called it, not me. Must be important."

"Okaaaay." I looked up at him with pleading eyes. "Carry me." He rolled his eyes, but scooped me into his arms, and I squealed at his sudden movement. He carried out the door and into the hall, people staring as he walked me through halls and stairways. Suddenly a memory resurfaced.

"Remember that time we went out and you got me drunk and had to carry me out." I giggled, and he smiled, shaking his head.

"You were so hammered." He laughed.

"And who's fault is that?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, you loved it. I still don't know how you were that coordinated while we danced, but you could barely walk out of the bar." He chuckled.

"What can I say? I'm talented." We finally reached the Choir room, and Sebastian received a glare from the principal.

"Mr. Smythe, please put Miss Blake down." He chastised, and Sebastian sent him one of his signature smirks.

"Awe, come on Mr. A. It's the first day, I haven't seen her in 2 weeks." Sebastian pleaded, but Mr. Applebaum sent him a hard glare, so he, sadly, put me down. He then grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over the the couch, where Nick and Jeff were already sat.

"Hey guys!" I smiled, and them, and they grinned widely.

"Good to see you again Ames." Nick told me, and Jeff nodded.

"Glad you came back for another year." Jeff agreed, and I smiled.

"Like I wouldn't." I teased. Sebastian pulled me closer to him, and I laid my head on his shoulder, as Mr. Applebaum clapped to get our attention.

"Alright, settle down, settle down. Now, this year, I plan to help the Warblers as much as possible in getting to Nationals so we can return the Warbler name to glory." We all cheered, and he waved his arms to silence us again. "So this year, I have brought in someone to help you all, he lead his Military Academy Show Choir to victory and I am appointing him Captain of the Warblers this year. Everyone, please give a warm welcome to Mr. Hunter Clarington." My entire body tensed.

No. It couldn't be.

But it was. He walked out into the center of the room, dressed in a Dalton uniform, and I almost cried right then. His hair had grown since I'd seen him last, and he had a slight stubble gracing his features. He was more buff, more confident, more handsome.

But I saw through all of that.

I looked up at Sebastian, wondering if he noticed that I was uncomfortable, but he was enthralled by the situation in front of us. He didn't look mad, like I'd expected, but intrigued by Hunter. I looked over at Nick and Jeff, and they too looked excited, but Nick looked over at me, seeing my frown and visible lack of comfort.

You okay? He mouthed at me.

Not really. I mouthed back, and he gave me a look that said "We'll talk about this later". I focused my attention back on Hunter, who seemed to notice my presence, sending me a sly grin. Fear ran through my body, I couldn't move, and he seemed entertained by my clear terror.

"It's great, I feel like I already know some of you very well." He chuckled at his clever wordplay. "I'm looking forward to leading the Warblers to victory this year." The principal waved his arms in dismissal, and I was thankful to be able to leave, but to my horror, Sebastian pulled me up and towards Hunter.

"Seb, I don't-"

"I'm Sebastian Smythe, former captain of the Warblers." He reached out his hand for Hunter to shake, and he gladly accepted. "This is my girlfriend, Amelia Blake."

"We've met." I said quietly, and Sebastian finally seemed to notice my discomfort.

"Nice to see you again Amy. How long has it been again?" Hunter taunted.

"3 years."

"That's right, freshman year was it, why'd you leave again?" I had had enough, and I removed Sebastian's arm from my waist and walked out of the room hurriedly.

"Amy! Wait up!" I heard Sebastian calling from down the hall. I stopped, my head dropped, trying to not panic again. He ran up next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Amy what's wrong?"

"It's nothing, I just need to be alone please." I walked out of his grasp, making a beeline for my bedroom, where I could release all the emotions out in peace.

><><

It had been an hour since the meeting ended and I left Sebastian wondering what I was so upset about, and I hadn't stopped shaking yet, when I heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it?"

"Nick."

"Come in."

Nick walked into my dorm, seeing me obviously overwhelmed on my bed, and he looked at me curiously.

"Amy, what's going on?" He asked.

"I can't be a Warbler anymore." I told him, and he shook his head.

"Amy please tell me what's wrong." He begged, and I sighed.

"I've met Hunter before. We used to be friends. He's the reason I switched schools in the first place." Nick looked like he wanted to know more but I shook my head. "I can't be a part of the Warblers if he's there. I just can't."

"Amy, if he hurt you, you owe it to yourself to show him you're more than that now. Show him you're better, you're stronger. The Warblers need you. Don't leave Amy." I sighed at his words.

"I don't know Nicky."

"If it makes you feel better, if he lays a finger on you, I'll end him." I giggled at his words.

"Okay, I'll try."

He gave me a quick hug, and then he left, me finally feeling at peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 241 22
glee au story when best friends rachel berry and santana lopez who became friends after sharing a room at mckinley childrens home. meet two best fri...
175K 3.5K 180
Who knew staying with her cousin would make such a difference
11.3K 161 6
One shots. Sebtana, Hunter&Quinn. (Originally on Fanfiction.Net)