HIS Only Weakness

By BettieBurton

HIS Book Series #3: Don't have to read series in order! :) James is a twenty-eight year old ex gang leader. H... More

CHAPTER 1: Do Me A Favor!...You Owe Me!!
CHAPTER 2: The 'Package'
CHAPTER 3: Who The F**k Are You?!
CHAPTER 4: About Last Night
CHAPTER 5: Memories....
CHAPTER 7: So.....Does He Like Me?
CHAPTER 8: Moment Of Truth.....
CHAPTER 9: Bittersweet Revenge?!
CHAPTER 10: The Heart Wants What It Wants!
CHAPTER 11: Blast From The Past!!
CHAPTER 12: Old Habits Die Hard!
CHAPTER 13: Hello Again!!
CHAPTER 14: Today's THE Day!
CHAPTER 15: He's Gone
CHAPTER 16: SOLD!!
CHAPTER 17: I Must Be Dreaming!
EPILOGUE: Five Years Later!

CHAPTER 6: I Don't Need A Babysitter!

8.6K 290 5
By BettieBurton

<<ANGIE>>

       I've been here a couple of weeks already and James and I have been getting along and decided we would start anew with each other. And we have been, so far, doing really good at building a friendship. I couldn't be happier. 

       I won't lie though. I do still get jealous whenever I hear him and a girl come stumbling into the condo, drunk in the middle of the night. However, I just remind myself that him and I are friends and nothing more. 

       It's not like he does it every night. But still, it's a little bit annoying. 

      Anyways, today was the day that my friend, Gavin, was coming to see me and pick up his Abraham Lincoln (zombie) costume. 

      I was so excited and couldn't wait to see him. It's been almost a year. He has been my best friend since elementary and we have always been there for each other. He had moved away for a while once we got to middle school, but we found each other on social media a few years later and have been staying in touch ever since. 

       James had already left for work and I was preparing for Gavin to come. When I heard a knock at the front door. 

       I answered it and saw Gavin. I smiled real big and right away hugged him tightly. While he did the same. 

       "Hey sweetie." He says to me. 

      "Hey. I'm so glad to see you. It's been a while." I told him before inviting him inside. 

       After coming in, I grab us both a beer and we talk for a bit and a couple hours later, we get to fitting him for his costume.

       I have him strip down to nothing but bis boxer briefs.

       "Contain yourself." He teases. 

       "Uh huh." I said, as I began preparing the first piece for him.  "Do you remember when I was crying in third grade cause I asked if you would go out with me and you told me no?"

       "Yes. But then I told you later in class that I couldn't cause I was gay." He winked at me.      

       We both laugh together until we hear the front door open and a girl is giggling. Which I think is new cause it isn't the middle of the night or even dark outside yet for a few more hours. Oh well, I thought. I need to just ignore it. 

        I begin placing the chest piece onto him and then the rest.

       After I was finished, I took a picture of him and was so excited and happy with how it turned out. 

        He then asks me if i would like to go with him and that I could just wear whatever I had that was nice and that would be fine. To which I think about for a minute because I know that Luke said I need to tell James where I'm going and who I'm with if I was to hang out with people. But for the most part, he wanted me to stay around, close to the condo or at least have someone with me to go wherever I want to. And since I didn't want to bother James too much and also since I didn't know anybody else here, I felt that I needed to get out of the house. 

        "Don't think about it too much." Gavin teased while laughing. 

        "Shut up. And yes, I will go with you. Just give me half an hour." I replied. 

        "Alright." He says. Then he walks out of the bedroom. 

        It took me a little bit over half an hour, but I looked amazing. If I do say so myself.

        I was wearing a amethyst purple dress with a cardigan that showed a little cleavage and was a little bit above my knee, but not too short. 

       When I walked out, Gavin whistled at me. 

       "Damn girl. You look hot." He says making me blush. 

       "Thanks. I can't believe I let you talk me into wearing this." I tell him.

       "Well you know me. I like to inspire and encourage." He smiles and winks playfully at me before continuing. "Oh, speaking of encouragement, we need to do a few shots before we leave." He tells me while grabbing my hand and leading me towards the kitchen. 

       He takes out a couple of shot glasses and starts pouring some Jack Daniels into each one. 

       "You know I don't drink." I tell him. 

       "Yes, well. I also know that you need some more confidence in how sexy you are tonight so that you can hook up with some stranger." He teases. 

       "Yeah, that's not gonna happen. You know I'm not the majority of the guy's population's type." I remind him. 

       "OK, I don't know what you are talking about, but girl, you need to take a couple of shots with me." He says while handing me our first shot. 

        "One, Two, Three." He counts down before we both take our shots. 

        Immediately I make a disgusting face cause it was way too strong for me. But then before I could tell him that one was more than enough, he hands me another shot. 

       At first I begin to hesitate and then I hear a female giggling from James' bedroom. So without anymore hesitation, I just shoot it back. Then I pour another shot and take it. 

       "Damn girl. Save some of the drinking for when we get there." Gavin says. 

      "Let's go." I tell him while putting the apartment key, my phone, money and ID in my bra. We then head downstairs and leave for the club in a taxi. 

***********************************************************************************************

         After we arrived and while walking into the place, the music was booming loud, the lights were multi colored and moving all over the place while the club was packed with many people dancing and having a good time. 

       I felt a little nervous, considering that I also don't like going to clubs. Which I know that that probably makes me boring. But I just don't like being around drunk people. However, tonight was different, I was with Gavin. I knew I would be fine. Besides, I deserved to have this night out. 

       We walked up towards the bar and the bartender commented on Gavin's special effects. He pointed to me and told him that I did it. To which the guy complimented me and then told Gavin that he would most likely win the competition. 

       This place was cool. Gavin told me that this club had a theme every Friday. And that tonight's theme was The Walking Dead. 

       We saw a lot of people dressed up as the characters from the show and some people that were dressed in casual clothes. Which was nice cause I didn't feel so out of place. 

       A couple of hours in and Gavin was already making out with some guy that was dressed as Rick and I was dancing all by myself for a while and already had a few drinks in me. I then stop and head towards the bathroom. Which of course, another part of a club that I hate, waiting forever in long lines while girls redo their hair and makeup while the rest of us are trying to think of dry things, so that we don't piss ourselves. 

       While standing in line, I felt a vibrating sensation go off in chest. It was my phone. I take it out and see James' name on my phone. How did he get my number? I thought. 

      "Hello?" I answer, yelling over the music into the phone.

      "Where the hell are you? Who's with you?" I heard James ask. 

      "Oh, I went out with Gavin. We're at some club. Don't worry, I have my key." I assure him. 

      "Angie, I need for you to focus, please. Where the hell are you?" He now sounds a little bit irritated with a hint of worry. "And wait, did you say you were with Gavin? Who the hell is that?" He demanded. Almost sounding jealous. 

       "I told you I don't know what this place is called." I tell him.

       "Oh my god, Angie. Just ask someone there." He demands. 

       "Fine. Mr. Grumpy pants." I started heading towards the bar and got the attention of the bartender that helped Gavin and I when we first arrived. "Hey!" I said trying to get his attention. 

      "Hey there sexy." The bartender smiled. "What can I get for ya?" 

      "What's the name of this place?" I asked him. 

       "The Back Door!" He yells, leaning into me. 

      "The Back Door!" I tell James. 

      "Stay there. I'm coming to get you." He tells me. 

      "I'm fine. Don't worry. I'll be fine. Bye." I tell him then hang up so that he didn't have time to say another word. 

       I then try to get the bartender's attention again and he's busy helping other customers. I know that I should stop. Well, I should've actually stopped three shots and two sex on the beaches later. But, it didn't work out that way. 

       I then hear husky voice next to me ask me if I want to dance. I turn to look at him. He looks pretty cute. Not as hot as James, of course. But then again, I'm not thinking about him. So I accept and take his hand as we go out onto the dance floor and start dancing. 

       We start swaying our hips against each other's with his arms around my waist and my arms around his neck. 

        We're having so much fun that I don't realize right away that the guy's arms are no longer wrapped around my waist. 

        But all of a sudden, I feel another pair of arms wrap around my waist and turn me around. 

        I then see that it's James. He has an irritated look and has his jaw clenched. I have seen that look before. I immediately went from having a good time, to worried about what's going to happen next. 

       He shakes his head and then lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder. I start hitting his back with my hands though it just makes him laugh more and ignores me telling him to put me down. 

**********************************************************************************************

       We get outside and into a cab. It doesn't take long til we get home. Which he helps me out of the cab, grabbing my arm and pulling me up the stairs and inside. 

       After walking inside and him closing the door. I turn to look at him with my arms crossed against my chest. 

      "What the hell were you thinking? You know better than to go out and not tell me. Or to even go out without having someone with you." He yells at me as though he's my father. 

       "I'm sorry, but I don't need a babysitter, alright? Besides, I didn't want to bother you." I tell him. 

       "You could have told me where you were going." He says. 

       "You need to seriously calm down." I tell him while walking into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. 

       I notice that when I turn around, I'm stopped by hitting his hard chest with his eyes dark with anger. 

       "You need to start taking this shit seriously. This isn't some kind of a game." He tells me.

       "You don't think I don't know that? Believe me, I know that this shit is real. That I'm being targeted over something that I had nothing to do with." I try not to cry and hold back my tears but it's too hard not to. I quickly take in a breath and try to not let the tears fall from my eyes. "I'm scared." I blurt out. "I'm so fucking scared. Sometimes I wish that I was never born or that I could just kill myself and do everybody a favor. So that I didn't have to become someone's burden or inconvenience. FUCK!! And now I'm fucking crying." I then push him out of the way without looking at him and run into my room and slam it shut. 

        I lay down on the bed and continue crying and sobbing into my pillow. I close my eyes tightly, hoping that if when I open them up again, that this all turned out to be a nightmare. That my brother is alive. 

        "Please god. Please just kill me. Let me never wake up again so that I can be with my brother. Please." I then cry harder into my pillow so that James doesn't hear me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 13.1K 28
Carolynn is almost eighteen and is a Senior in high school. She has always been the big curvy girl and has never been popular. Since the sixth grade...
449K 15.3K 24
Ever since Liz was born into the world, her parents have always beaten her and made her feel worthless. Then, at the age of eighteen, her parents ha...
1.9M 57.4K 38
Frankie has just become the youngest and only female in a local barbershop after just moving into town. She has no living family or friends back home...
871K 34.9K 50
Mature Content 17+ || Savage Wolves MC Book Two In the wake of tragedy, Callie never fails at staying positive. But, after having her brother and the...