Is this Love? ~DISCONTINUED~

By EricaDegreat

This story takes place in Los Angeles where a young girl named Katelyn is attending a high school far from ho... More

My Encounter
Friends?
Video games
Late
Having Fun
Ive been tagged!!!
Tagged again?!?
Bad Memories
Having Fun
Might discontinue...
PLANNING FOR FUTURE

Explanations

0 0 0
By EricaDegreat

Sam's POV

Once Katelyn caught a glimpse of Aleta, she started to dash off. Aleta tried to call her name, but it was no use since she was a fast runner.

I jog back to Aleta to see her with watery eyes and her hand covering her mouth to choke back sobs. I place my hands on her shoulders and ask why Katelyn ran off. Yet the only response I got was Aleta murmuring "I'm so sorry..." over and over.

Katelyn's POV

I thought that I was going to have a good time spending Saturday afternoon with Sam, but it all came crashing down once I saw her...

All my memories back from my past came back haunting me in a split second. I couldn't take the pain so I ran...

I ran and ran till my legs felt numb, my heart feeling heavy and my lungs burning. Halfway through my route back to the dorms, it started to rain lightly.

A few minutes later, it was raining like crazy but it helped to drown out my sobs and cries. Once I came to the dorms, I quickly got to my room, and slammed the door. I quickly changed to a plain pink shirt and grey sweatpants.

I scurried into my bed, and snuggled myself into my navy blue blankets while hugging one of my fluffy big pillows. I clung onto my pillow tightly like my life depended on it.

I kept trying to suppress my cries by covering my face in the pillow, but it was no use. I couldn't stop thinking about all the hurtful words people would say to me back then. The memories were all too agonizing.

After about a few minutes, I got a phone call from my brother, Erik. (A/N- I made this name on the spot XD)
I wiped back my tears before answering the phone. "H-hello?", Dammit, I can't stutter like this...he'll think something's wrong...

"Katelyn? Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine! How are you?", I made my tone of voice into a happy and quirky tone.
"I'm good! Anyways, I need to ask you something...", his voice sounded sincere.
"I saw her too, do you want to talk about it?"
I froze...shit...

But at the same time, I really needed his company at the moment. He always help me get through things whenever we were in a tough situation. I breathe in before speaking.

"P-please come to my dorm...I d-don't feel comfortable talking about it o-on the phone..."
"Ill be right there, what number again?"
"Dorm 107"

We hung up. I sigh and rest my head into the pillow I was previously hugging on. I felt a pretty drowsy and exhausted after crying for some time. Then, I slowly felt my eyelids closing and the next thing I knew, I fell asleep.

Erik's POV
(A/N- I'll try and add more POV's other than Katelyn's and Sam's)

Once I hung up, I just remembered that I was going to ask her about the boy with her, but that's not important right now. I got up from my couch, and hastily got my coat and an umbrella.

The dorms were only a 5 minute walk from my apartment building, in case Mom tried to do one of her devious plans again. But since my dear little baby sister was upset, I got to the dorms in 2 minutes.

I rushed around the hallways trying to find her dorm, until it hit me. I have a tracker on her phone! I can just find her that way easily! I got my phone out, and followed the tracker.

Once I finally located dorm 107, I knock on the door, but got no reply. I knocked again a few times, but still no response. Then I got an idea. I hope I still remember how to do it...I ask a few girls for bobby pins, and immediately started to work.

I was taught how to unlock doors from a friend of mine back in high school. Once I hear a click, I knew that I had opened the door in mere seconds. I burst through the door, only to find light snores coming from my sweet little sister.

I took off my shoes, and made my way to her bed. I tuck her in bed like I used to back when we were young, and place a little kiss on her forehead. I grab a pillow from her bed, and a small blanket kept in the closet.

I make myself a little bed on the couch, and let slumber consume me. Tomorrow will be a box full of questions from me for Katelyn.

~Morning~

I wake up from the Sunday sun blinding me from the small balcony. I groan and rolled over to get away from the sunlight. Though instead I fell onto the floor and made a loud thud.

Seconds later, I hear a little thud coming from the bed as well. Well, what a coincidence that my younger sister and I fell almost the exact same time...I stand up, and pick up my pillow and blanket off the ground.

I walk closer to the bed, to find my sis rubbing her head a few times, wincing from the fall. I chuckle as her eyes widen and gaze at my way. "ERIK?!? How'd you get in here?!?", she spoke in her raspy morning voice.

"Through the front door, duh", I spoke in a funny way. "No, seriously! The door was locked, and I fell aslee-", she froze and covered her mouth. "OMG ERIK IM SO SORRY I LOCKED YOU OUT!", she looks shocked, but I just snicker from her reaction.

"It's fine, and I lock picked to get in here. Learned it from a friend of mine back in my old days. Wow...now I feel so archaic...", I talked to myself on the last bit, but Katelyn just burst out laughing. "That did make you sound old!" "HEY!"

Half an hour later of catching up on each other's lives, we talk about why I really came here...

~time skip~ (you know about the situation so I won't talk about it again)

"Wait, let me get this straight...so she's the bully you've been talking about back in your old school?", I ask. She nods and looks away with watery eyes. "Erik...I'm scared...", she spoke in a hushed voice, but loud enough for me to hear.

I develop her into a comforting hug and rub her back. She hugs back, tightly around my neck as she cries on my shoulder. At that moment, it felt so tangible to feel all her sorrows.

We were in this position for a few minutes, her tears were now just a few sniffles here and there. At first I felt jaunty, but hearing Katelyn's problems made me have sympathy for her. She just looked so lugubrious.

Katelyn's POV

The next thing you know, my big bro called my friends to brighten up my day. At first I declined, but he somehow persuaded me to agree. Now, we're standing in front of their dorms, waiting for them to answer the door.

I groan in defeat, "Do we have to do this? I don't feel like going out...again." "Yes, you're going out with your friends whether you like it or not", my brother smirks mischievously. "What are you guys up to?", I ask.

"What do you mean?", my brother gives me a questioning look while smiling innocently. "Well, you usually only look like that when you're trying to hide something from m-" "COME IN~!", I was cut off by Jeanna yelling from outside of the room.

Once we enter the room, I was tackled to the ground. "KATELYN I MISS YOU SO MUCH! WE HAVEN'T SEEN EACH OTHER IN FOREVER! HOW'VE YOU BEEN?!?", Jeanna starts screaming questions at me. "Calm down Jeanna! Besides, we haven't seen each other in just a few days!", I reply.

"Jeanna? Oh, no I'm Esther! Jeanna is my baby sister", she explains. "Oh, well you guys look very alike!", I compliment as she lightly giggles."People say that all the time! Anyways, Krastina, come here!", Jeanna says in a hyper voice as Krastina lazily comes to us.

"What?", she asks in a tired tone. "Up for shopping?" "N-" "I'll buy you those chicken nuggets that you love on the way back~" "Let's go!!!", Krastina went from somewhat moody to happy in an instant. Now, we're all heading to Krastina and Esther's car.

"I call driv-" "No. You're. Not.", Krastina immediately cuts her off. "Remember the last time you drove? You almost hit a car!", she harshly spoke. "Right...well, it wasn't my fault! It was favorite song on the radio! I couldn't help it!", she explains while flailing her arms in the air.

"Right. Whatever, get in the car. I'M driving, end of story.", Krastina quickly gets into the car before Esther could say anything. She sighs as she hops into shotgun (idk what the seat that is beside the drivers' is called). My brother and I exchange glances before giggling. We get into the car, and head to the mall.

Sam's POV

I woke up with a small headache and a visible line indicating small baggy eyes. I was disturbed from my nap by my phone vibrating that someone is calling me. Suddenly I remembered that I played video games with Aleta last night.

I groggily took my phone off the charger from my nightstand, I bring my hand to the screen and answer the caller, not even glancing at the ID.
"Hello?", I asked in my morning voice.
"Sam, open the damn door, I left the keys in my compacted luggage and I'm too lazy to repackage all my luggage AGAIN in the middle of the hallway"
"Oka-...wait..."

I pause in the middle of my sentence as I fling the door open with excitement slowly coming into my veins. I pull my phone away from my ear, and lift my arms wide in the air, ready to come in for a bear hug.

"GEO!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!", I tackle him into a tight hug, but quickly regain my composure after he harshly pushes me off of him. "Hey, sorry for not telling you about the trip by the way. I thought it would be short but turns out we stayed there for a few days", he says as he awkwardly chuckles.

"It's okay. Have you told the others that you're back yet?", I say. "N-" "LETS GOOOOO!", I grab his hand, and runout the door with a surprised Geo behind me. I call the others on the way down the elevator, and we just about make it on the bus that leads to our usual hang out spot.

Half an hour past, and we made it to McD's. I wave at a demonic looking Carflo, a grinning Deryl, a cheerful Kai, and a sleeping Leon. I hesitantly sat right across from Carflo, as he just kept staring at me with his evil smile.

Though I was quickly distracted by the others chatter. "How've you been Geo?!? Feels like I haven't seen you in forever!!!" "I've only been gone for a few days..." "Have you gotten my favourite chocolate while you were there?" "N-" " What did you see while you were there? Did you take any good pictures? What was the food like th-" "Dude, stop asking so many questions when he can't even answer one"

I watch as their chatter dies down before hearing Carflo's voice coming towards my direction. "So Sam....", my body tenses before hesitantly looking over his way. "Y-yes?", I begin to slightly tremble when I meet his dark-like orbs.

The feeling of mischief and revenge that he gave off in the room felt so tangible. "How much money do you have in your wallet?", he asks. Wait, how come he didn't use past tense? Does that mean he hasn't bought anything yet? Oh thank god...Before I could mutter another word, the others see their order on top of the screen and quickly dash out of the seats. They ran as if their life depended on getting the food.

Leon, Geo and I were the only ones in the seats left since we just got here and that one of us are sleeping. Since we didn't talk much, I began to hear cars passing by, pedestrians babbling near our table, and the faint sound of a snoring coming from Leon.

It was starting to get awkward, so I turn my head to the direction of my other friends. I froze as I saw that Carflo used MY cash to pay for ALL their food. I just prayed in my seat that he didn't spend too much just their order. (Just imagine that you have to pay for your food AFTER, instead of paying it when you order)

When they all happily came back with their order, Carflo gave me the receipt. I take in a few deep breaths before looking at the long receipt. "F-fifty dollars?!?", I utter out as I see Carflo happily eating his burger and fries.

"Yup! It's called revenge after all! And besides, now we're even", he spoke in such a cheerful voice. I sigh before looking out the window. Wait...was that Aleta?

Krastina's POV

I park our car far away from the mall since Esther loves walking and that the parking spots close to the mall were either already taken or too small to park the car.

I sigh as we head out of the car..I just want to go back home and sleep...I glance over at Katelyn to see that she's having a little but funny argument with her brother. "But I think cats are better!", she puffs out her chest and crosses her arms.

"Nah, dogs are way more cooler. They can protect your house from intruders", her brother nonchalantly says as he slides his hands into the front pockets. I slightly chuckle at the sight before looking at what my best bestie was up to.

As always, she was being as energetic as ever, and constantly trying to make the atmosphere as cheerful as possible. Honestly I don't know how she always keeps her energy levels high, while I'm here always trying to make things as dark yet cool feeling.

Once we reach the mall entrance, I see Esther somewhat jogging and sprinting to the food aisle. "Esther! Here, now!", I call out. She sadly puts and walks back to our small group. "Esther, let's shop first and then eat later", I sternly say since she's usually a child to deal with.

She sadly nods, before being happy again, glancing at all the stores that she saw in her perspective. Aish...how is this girl always happy? I shake my head, before seeing Katelyn and Erik heading to some store, while Esther is running to a store beside them.

~Time skip~

"I call it!", Esther quickly lunges for the last slice of chicken nugget, but I smack her hand away before she could even reach into the small bag. "Nope, you already had your poutine from New York Fries!", I slightly raise my voice to show irritation.

She starts to pout and shimmy her arms. "Oh great, now I made the child mad...", I roll my eyes. "Hey! I'm not a chi-oooh~ a butterfly!", she quickly runs to the window. I sigh and bite into my remaining chicken nugget.

Esther and I had to go back to the dorms since she accidentally forgot closing AND locking the door. Honestly, I have no idea how she's so forgetful most of the time. We checked if everything was still in place like we left it, and thankfully it was.

Anyways, now Esther and I are watching some zombie movie. At first, the movie was slightly calming, cause nothing exciting happened. But later on, it escalated somewhat quickly. At the end though, Esther was bursting in tears.

"OMG WHY DID THE DAD HAVE TO SACRIFICE HIS LIFE LIKE THAT! AHHH WHAT HAPPENS TO HIS DAUGHTER AND THE PREGNANT WOMEN'S LIFE NOW!", she cries even more from her questioning. I, on the other hand shed a tear.

Literally, just one, single, tear. Esther can be so dramatic sometimes. "AHHH! TRAIN TO BUSAN IS NOW MY FAVOURITE MOVIE!" all the movies we watched are your favourite movies...

Erik's POV

Once Katelyn's friends left, we went to go buy ice cream. There was this women vender that was willing to give something called Get Better IceCream. So, Katelyn and I came up with an idea...

We both go behind a tree, and watch a really sad video. Katelyn started balling her eyes out and walked across the vender. I quickly hid in the bushes and eavesdropped on their conversation. "Awww, are you okay there dear? What seems to be the trouble?", she lightly pats her back. "M-my b-b-boyfriend broke u-up with meeeeee!", she cries a little harder.

"Awww, well I have just the right thing to make you feel better!", she claps her hands and heads back to her stand. She grabs a few small containers of ice cream and asks, "What one would you like?", she shows her a small tray of various flavours. "C-can I have t-t-two containers o-of vanilla?", she shakily points at them.

The lady smiles and heads back to the cart bringing back two containers and a spoon. "Here you go, hope you feel better dear", she pats her back again before walking away. Katelyn smiles at her before quickly heading back to the tree.

I quickly get out of the bush, and causally walk to the tree like nothing suspicious is happening aaaaat all. Once I get behind the tree, Katelyn bursts out laughing which surprised me. It was like an air horn suddenly blasted into my ear.

I ask her why she was laughing and answered in fits and giggles, "Y-you looked so-stupid with a- branch sticking out-of your hair!" I brush my hand through my hair, and pull out a 12 inch stick out of my hair. What the hell?

To be continued~!

A/N

I am very sorry that I haven't been updating this book!
Tbh it's really hard to focus on these chapters and my studies at the same time.
Sadly from now on, I'll be doing random updates.
I'll try and get a chapter up every month, and maybe even two if I feel very inspired at that time.

But as for now...I'll see you later my fellow readers/amis/ amigos/친굿~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 1.2K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
3.9K 54 14
⚠️TW B4 YOU READ THIS INCLUDES: mature topics,mentions of sex(jokes),dark humor,mentions of child neglect and abuse,mentions Of alcohol and drugs,oth...
2.3M 54.7K 55
This was one of the first stories I wrote, read at your own risk :') "Oh don't act so innocent. I know you did this" I snap at him. "Yea so? You got...
8.4K 562 42
**** ONGOING **** This book centers around a woman in her mid 20's trying her best to make it through life after not having the best luck, with anyt...