sporadic | avengers

By fangirlingarchives

a collection of random avengers one-shots. no main character. no main plot line. just our favorite group of c... More

ONE / when vision was scared of kittens
TWO / when winter's arm was magnetic
THREE / when war machine's legs had a mind of their own
FOUR / when black widow received a portrait
FIVE / when scarlet witch met an anti-witcher
SIX / when the piggy stood up to the wolf
SEVEN / when stan lee was the star
EIGHT / when there was a secret girlfriend meeting
NINE / when the soldiers just couldn't remember
TEN / when black widow had a fear of spiders
ELEVEN / when captain america met wonder woman pt.1
TWELVE / when captain america met wonder woman pt.2
THIRTEEN / when they were sprayed with raid
FOURTEEN / when there was a snowstorm
FIFTEEN / when blind al died
SIXTEEN / when the avengers were royality
SEVENTEEN / when spider-man became an avenger
NINETEEN / when ant man was being robbed
TWENTY / when thor had a date
TWENTY-ONE / when vision's phasing stopped working
TWENTY-TWO / when captain america didn't like fireworks
TWENTY-THREE / when spider-man had his first kiss
TWENTY-FOUR / when winter was a writer
TWENTY-FIVE / when hulk taught yoga
TWENTY-SIX / when black widow had a love interest
TWENTY-SEVEN / when falcon went to a falcon ranch
TWENTY-EIGHT / when captain america had a late-mid-life crisis
TWENTY-NINE / when quicksilver didn't know how to tie his shoes
THIRTY / when scarlet witch and vision were witchin' pt.1
THIRTY-ONE / when black widow was her own hero
THIRTY-TWO / when hulk was a substitute teacher
THIRTY-THREE / when it was december 16 2017
THIRTY-FOUR / when spider-man had midterms
THIRTY-FIVE / when it was christmas
FINAL / when i had to say good-bye

EIGHTEEN / when loki was a sucker for a cat

14 1 0
By fangirlingarchives

it was raining, pouring actually.

loki was dressed in a black trench coat with a black umbrella, trying desperately to keep himself dry for the two blocks from the metro to the tower.

a car came up behind him, kicking up a puddle.

loki turned before the dousing and froze the muddy water solid. it dropped to the sidewalk and shattered. he turned into an alley, a shortcut he hoped.

he had almost gotten to the next street when he heard a low hiss in front of him.

a feline made itself known in front of him. its dark pelt would have camouflaged it well had a neon light not been on just beyond the corner.

the green light shone on the wet cat and loki looked down on it. he approached it carefully and lent down, picking the creature up with his free hand.

"you and i," he whispered, "are one in the same."

he tucked the wet cat into his jacket to keep it warm and held it up by the crook of his elbow. he walked home and took the elevator to the main communal area of the penthouse.

loki folded his umbrella and set it aside, moving toward his room. once inside, he peeled off his jacket and brought the black cat into the attached bathroom.

without the cat's agreement, he cleaned it gingerly in the sink. once finished, he towered it dry and carried her (yes, he found out it was a her) to the kitchen for some food.

bruce banner stood in the kitchen making coffee in his plaid pajama pants and blue tee shirt.

"a tad late for coffee, no?" loki asked, setting the feline on the counter.

"that's a cat."

"indeed, it is a feline." loki went to the fridge and pulled out some tuna cuts. he pulled two and put them on a plate, presenting them to the cat.

"tony's going to let you keep it?" bruce sipped his coffee.

"she's staying."

"so you haven't talked to him-"

"i don't need his approval, doctor. she is my cat and i will feed her and care for her. if he won't allow me to feed her the food in the fridge, i will purchase food through my own doings. if he doesn't want her around the public areas, she can stay in my bed quarters and wander outside my fire escape," loki stated quickly. he took a breath to calm himself down. "i'm sorry for my outburst," he spat out sourly.

loki could put away his pride for it was this doctor who gave him such a terrible beating during the new york attack.

"you're good," bruce said calmly. "i think she's pretty, as pretty as a cat can get. brilliant green eyes," he commented and pat her softly.

loki tightened, worried he'd hurt her.

"i agree."

"do you have a name for her?"

"i fancy the name prudence."

"prudence," bruce repeated. "it fits her." he nodded and said goodbye, taking his leave to his laboratory.

loki lifted the scraggly cat and began to depart to his room.

when he turned around, his eyes landed on the billionaire they'd just been talking about. "evening, loki."

"evening."

"that's a cat."

"indeed it is."

tony looked at prudence. he was a good ten feet away, and scanned over her small body a few times. loki prepared his argument.

"it can stay. what's its name?"

"prudence. why're you letting her stay?" loki relaxed his shoulders.

tony crossed his arms.

"loki, you may not know this, but you don't strike me as a compassionate person. so when you do even a small something in a kind way, i'm obligated to allow it."

loki grinned. "very well. thank you, mister stark."

"don't mention it," tony replied.

loki went off to bed. after closing the door, prudence leapt out of his arms. he peeled off his dirty clothes and pulled on fresh ones. he climbed into bed and just before his mind gave out for the night, he felt prudence settle against his back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308 9 14
"WHAT'S YOUR POISON?" • { disclaimer : I do not own the marvel franchise, the characters, movie/comic/novel plot lines, or rights to any trademark du...
85.8K 1.5K 19
Just some one-shots about your innocent cinnamon roll Peter Parker... REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!! THIS BOOK IS NOW FINISHED!! ALL ONESHOTS ARE MY OWN I DO...
76.9K 1.5K 21
A bunch of random Avengers/Marvel oneshots, based on photos I found on Pinterest and ideas from friends, or my own ideas. Mostly fluff, some angst, N...
42.1K 562 54
You don't have permission to repost, copy, or take credit for my work. If you see my work posted on any other site that isn't here or on Wattpad plea...