Bronze Journey

By Sugarcube66

Story summarizing my journey through the game of Pokemon Brick Bronze (A fan-game on Roblox) and basically po... More

Route 1 and what?!

Mitis Beginning

57 1 0
By Sugarcube66

Waking up is normal, but I absolutely hate being force to wake up due to a stupid alarm clock. I regret buying it now, as it rings through my ears and down my very core. I groaned, reaching my hand from the warm covers and smacking the darn thing off the table. It smashed against the nearby wall, jolting me up.

I grumbled, but sat up and moved so my feet hit the floor with a small clutter. I reached over to my drawer and pulled out my trainer card, it had eight spots running across the bottom for stamping badge logos onto the card. My name was written at the top, it's Zora if you interested in finding out. I pushed myself up and smiled, today's the day I begin my Pokemon journey. I can't wait to obtain my starter and head out.

Soon enough, I was downstairs and out of the door. Suddenly, my childhood friend and neighbor ran over to me. "Zora, Zora! Professor is waiting for us, your parents want you to meet with them and then head to the lab. I'll be waiting for you!" he then ran off, in the direction of the Pokemon lab. That was Jake, he's my good friend and owns a Eevee from his parents. He wants to battle me after I obtain my starter.

Mitis Town, my birth-place and hometown, is a quaint little village in the mountains. We're not far from the location of the first gym in Silvent. But the fact is that Route 1 is right next to us, it's not safe from children to go out without Pokemon. So when we hit 10 years old, we are allowed a starter Pokemon and to be able to leave the town. Ya know, very few residents live here all the time and thus there is very few houses. Besides mine, there is 3 other houses.

But the distinct feature of Mitis Town is it's Archaeology Site, which is more secluded in the mountains. It's not the safest of locations to go, but it's boarded up and only some people can enter, like my parents and the professor. That's where mom and dad told me to meet them today, since they were researching the mines that connected to the town. I walked over to them, they were talking about something but I paid no attention.

They must have heard my foot steps, as they turned and smiled at me. Mom started talking, as if what she was speaking about prior didn't matter now. Oh well, I didn't care. I was more interested in what she said afterwards, which was. "You're 10 now, sweetie. Your journey begins the second you obtain your first Pokemon."

I grinned, excitedly. My journey was about to start, of course I was very excitable. It's completely normal, if you ask me. "Thanks, mom. I can't wait!"

Dad seemed to share in my happiness, as he smiled back. "Well, we should get going to the lab so you can begin. Shouldn't we?"

"Of course!"

My cheer made them began to move down the path back into the main center of the village and then they headed over to the lab, I followed behind. I just couldn't wait for my starter, it was going to be so fun. When I caught up at the lab, I saw Jake and my parents. But there was also someone else, our region's professor: Cypress. Next to him was a stack of 21 poke balls. Yes, in the Roria region, there's no set 3 starters. No, we can have one of the 21 starters from the other 7 regions.

I smiled, listening to Professor Cypress's rambling about being a Pokemon trainer and the bonds between human and Pokemon. It does bug me a little, I know what Pokemon are by now. Everyone does, even 5 year olds. I just wanted to choose my Pokemon and relief filled me when he told me to go ahead and choose. I looked at all the Pokemon I could choose from. Then one caught my eyes.

It was a little axolotl, standing on all fours. It had a massive fin on it's forehead, blue all over with adorable orange star-shaped gills on it's cheeks. It's tail fin was waving nervously as our eyes met one adorable. Awh, it's shy. I'm not gonna let it be scared of me. I gently reached over and petted it's head-fin, it seemed to let that as it smiled and moved into my fingers. I remember reading that Mudkips, yes I know what it is, have very sensitive head-fins that can be used to detect changes in the air and water currents as well as bodies of water.

That's it, I made my mind up. My starter is Mudkip, I pick the little one up and hugged it with a smile. It was then that I realized it's gender: it was a little girl with a Modest nature. She was very shy, but absolutely adorable. I managed to coax her to sit on my shoulder. Gently petting her head-fin, I turned to my parents with a bright smile. "Here's my starter, Mudkip!"

"She's adorable, sweetie," mom said with a smile pasted on her face, but then she asked a question that I was more or less sure of already. I just hadn't thought of it prior to when she asked me it. "What's her name?"

"Name?....Hmm, I wanna call her Kibbles!" the Mudfish Pokemon seemed to like it, as she smiled and moved around on my shoulder excitedly. Turning around, I faced Jake and smiled. His Eevee was by his side, it was a calm little thing with a love for water. Maybe it wished to evolve into Vaporeon, I didn't know though. "So, you wanna do our battle now?"

"Of course, your ready, Eevee?" he grinned at me, as his Eevee hopped in front of him with a bright smile on it's brown face. Jake's confidence was evident, he was very excitable. He was looking forward to our journey more than I was, but he was kind enough to stay behind until I obtained mine since he turned 10 before me.

"E-vee!" it seemed very prepared to fight, answering it's trainer's question. I giggled, smiling down at it. It was so adorable, I love Eevees very much with my favorite Pokemon being the fairy type Sylveon. I plan to obtain one during my journey, so we'd both have Eevees soon enough. I couldn't wait to obtain my own. But for now, Jake's Eevee was adorable.

"Well, lets go, Kibbles," I smiled at my shoulder, gently taking the Mudkip off me and placing her down on the floor opposite Eevee. She seemed nervous, her tail-fin twitching frantically under the eyes of Eevee. But I wanted to build her confidence up, she would be a great Swampert when she fully evolves, I just know it. "Kibbles, use Water Gun!"

"Mud..." she whimpered, opening her mouth to shoot a large gush of water at the Eevee. With the accuracy, it hit and knocked the Eevee back but Jake didn't lose any confidence.

"Eevee, Tackle!" Eevee darted forward, a massive cone of light wrapped around it. Soon enough, the attack hit Kibbles with a force. She was knocked back, before whimpering.

"Kibbles, it's alright. Use Tackle yourself!" I really do need to boost her confidence, but I didn't care at the moment.

"Counter it with Tackle!" Jake suddenly yelled, catching me and Kibbles off guard. But I wasn't about to back down from a challenge and the Mudkip seemed to know how I felt, eh sensitive fin I guess.

"Kip!" "Vee!" our Pokemon cried in unison, darting towards one another and slamming into each other. Both were knocked back, shaking. Me and my friendly rival were forced to watch them, both hoping that the other's Pokemon would faint first. I was very glad when Eevee was the one to faint, but I didn't feel like being a gloating over my childhood friend.

I was about to apologize for hurting his starter, but he spoke before me. "That was awesome, Mudkip's really strong despite her confidence issues. Here, let me heal her up for you," he gently knelt down and sprayed a potion - I wonder where he got that - onto her with a happy smile on his face. "And as another token," he passed me 5 poke balls, grinning. "They'll allow you to catch wild Pokemon, many of them could be helpful for your team but giving your advantages and disadvantages to back up Mudkip."

I smiled, placing the poke balls into my bag that was hung over my left shoulder - the opposite shoulder to the one that my Pokemon liked to rest on when she wasn't battling. "Thanks for the balls, Jake," I grinned, before looking down at his normal-type and saying. "Eevee's powerful too, you could have a powerful evolution from it."

"Well, yeah. He's definitely good, he wants to evolve into Vaporeon when I obtain a Water Stone so his evolution is already determined," my rival said, as Eevee seemed to show pride in his power and knowledge of his evolution.

Giggling, I nodded my head at him. I then turned to my parents, they seemed happy for me and I knew why: I had just won my first battle, with little help and with a newly obtained Mudkip at that. Definitely impressive for a newly turned 10 year old. "Good work, sweetie," my mom said, looking down at my Kibbles. "You choose a powerful Pokemon, be sure to raise her well."

"Thanks, mom!" I smiled, my starter climbed back onto my shoulder and I reached to pet her gentle. I wasn't sure of my plan with the gyms, but she was going to be by my side through it all. Next stop was Cheshma Town, which was the resting spot for trainers heading to Silvent Town and a good training location.

Well, I decided to head out to Route 1 to begin my training with Kibbles by my side. So, I said my goodbyes to my parents and the professor. Little did I know at the time that it would be the last time I would ever see the former...

Continue Reading