Never Destined To Be Weak

By StressCompany

Sylvia was never one to gain much attention. Sure she is very nice to look at but all the attention is turned... More

Amber 27th Street
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eighth
Notice
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thriteen
Chapter Forteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Short conversation
Special Chapter
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Notice
Chapter Twenty
Chapter 21
Notice
Special Chapter
No Title just some random Ranting!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23
Chapter 23(2nd Part)
Chapter 24
Notice
Chapter 25
Help
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter
A quick suggestion
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Special Chapter
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Short message
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Final Chapter
Notice
Update
Notice
Another Notice
Update must read
Chapter 37 A
Final Chapter A
Just Checking Up

Chapter 35

8.1K 306 8
By StressCompany

Sylvia's Pov

Ok.. Don't let him get to you. He was just one boy, nothing significant. Maybe aside from being a great friend, or being the most adorable companion, and the time when he cares about you.. I gotta stop... I don't need to show that little angel that she can't rill me up by just that. Even though it hurts like hell, I need to be composed and think that she is just messing with you. I crumble and something worse will happen. I need to stay strong.

As I walked into my afternoon class, I immediately saw him on his usual seat, sadly next to me again.

"Hey Sissy.. Sup?" he greeted nonchalantly. I so wanted to slap him but I know he is just being controlled by that little sly bitch.

"Nothing much..." I replied as I sat down my own seat. "who's the chick earlier?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and smiled sheepishly as he blushed. Fluck! I wanted to kick him straight to his jaws!

"I met her yesterday.." he smiled dreamily and I felt pain in my chest. I should not feel this way.. Focus! "I don't know but I feel like I know her for a long time. It's like.. I don't know."

"Hmmm.. Is she a nice person at all?" I asked having a double meaning on it.

"Why of course! She is just ama.." before he can finish his amazing description, the teacher came inside and seem pissed.

"Mr. Valero, Sadly you can't sit in this class. Someone is in need of the slot in this class." he said and then glared at me.

What's his problem?

"Yes sir of course." He said sounding not sad at all. I don't know what that stranger did to him. It frustrates me but I don't know how long I can hold on.

Seeing someone that you recently realize that he is someone you wanted to be yours and yet you can't reach him even though he's just beside you. Hurts... I don't even want to describe it anymore..

The class went on and the teacher seem pissed at me. Matching my foul mood, he continued to pick on me and finally I snapped and left the room. I know I seem to be disrespectful but I just don't have the stomach to be picked on as of now.

While on the silent hallways since classes were still on going, I bumped into someone or someone purposely bumped into me. I didn't pay attention and just continued but before I could turn left towards the library, someone called. And I really hate that someone.

"How do you like my present?" she said and I turned my head towards her direction. She was smirking and her eyes held a triumphant glint. "Was the teacher able to piss you off?"

I don't have the time for her. I didn't say anything and just continued to where I was heading. I needed that silent sanctuary of mine.

As cliché as this sound, an arm stopped me. I glared and saw that the angel was pissed and seem murderous despite being the winner of her schemes.

"How imprudent you little mortal." she hissed. "I guess this much is not enough to break you.."

"Do what you can. Just inflict any harm on anyone and I'll be sure to sent you back where you came from." I said and I leaned my face closer to her trying to be intimidating "Or I can send you to a better place I can think of.."

I saw her flinch a little but quickly recomposed. "The likes of you would dare to lay a hand on me?"

I smirked and yanked my arms off from her clutches. I walked away not saying anything and smiled to myself.

As if I wouldn't dare. I continued to my way and stayed on the library for the rest of the day. The last lesson I attended was angry at me again and I know it has to do with that bitch so I skipped all my lessons.

When the bell rang and students came out of the classrooms, I also got out joining the sea of students. Some of them were heading to their own clubs and some were going home just like me.

When I arrived home, Dad was already by the door. He look serious and looking straight at me.

"What are you doing outside Dad?"

"I need to go and do something." he said and I felt another pain. I need him the most now.. Why does he need to go now of all times?

"Why? Where?" I asked and some tears fell from my eyes. "For how long? Why now?"

Instead of replying, he just stepped closer and pulled me into a warm embrace. "I needed to do this."

I just cried in his arms and he remained embracing me. We continued just like that without uttering words. I know my Dad. This must be important for him to leave in times like this. Specially since we had an annoying angel playing queen.

Dad and I had our dinner early and we just enjoyed it. I didn't asked further and he seem grateful. I'm hurting that he has to leave. We watched TV and laughed into the comedy show together. Our laughs filled our house but soon it is time for me to sleep. I kissed his cheek and said goodbye and went to my room.

The next day I woke up and can't feel my Dad anymore. He must have left while I am asleep. I yawned and stretched my tired arms. If only I don't have any problem in mind, this day would be a perfect start. The sky is bright despite my gloomy mood. Perhaps I can skip today..

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to do my routine and then pulled some baggy clothes and went down the living room. I looked at y watch, 9:00 am. Not too early but not too late.. What to do...

"Come here boy" I called and soon Tiny jumped in my lap. "How's your day?"

I asked and seem like Tiny would respond. He just purred and settled on my lap to sleep. Peaceful times.. Should savor while I still have them. The last two days were such a mess.

After some time, Tiny fell asleep and I places him on the couch.. Boy.. He's getting fatter. I went back to my room and grabbed my guitar. I learned to play this one on my second year in high school so I am not that good. Just enough that I can play songs and sing along with it.

I strummed the strings and found it was not in tune at all. It's been a while since I play and maybe forgot to tune it up.

"Let's tighten you here... And a bit here.." I continued to tweak and some strings were badly mistuned.. "Wee this thing is hard sometimes."

When it's on tune, I smiled to myself. Yep.. I still have it.. I strummed it to test and the tune is good. I begun strumming with random chords just to see if I really did well or my hearing is just deceiving me. When I am satisfied, I played some jolly songs and some were just plain ridiculous if you actually listen to every lyrics.

I played some more music avoiding the mellow and emotional ones I know. It would give me no satisfaction to play them now. I played but somehow my mood is not lifting up. I guess you can't pretend to yourself..

I put on the Capo and the placed my fingers on the chords. I felt stupid using songs to lessen the pain I feel.

"You better not fail me.." I muttered before strumming the chords for intro.

Don't stray
Don't ever go away
I should be much too smart for this
You know it gets the better of me
Sometimes
When you and I collide
I fall into an ocean of you
Pull me out in time
Don't let me drown
Let me down
I say it's all because of you
And here I go
Losing my control
I'm practicing your name
So I can say it
To your face it doesn't
Seem right
To look you in the eye
Let all the things
You mean to me
Come tumbling out my mouth
Indeed it's time
Tell you why
I say it's
Infinitely true

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

And there's no cure
And no way to be sure
Why everything's turned inside out
Instilling so much doubt
It makes me so tired
I feel so uninspired
My head is battling with my heart
My logic has been torn apart
And now
It all turns sour
Come sweeten
Every afternoon

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

It's all because of you

Now it all turns sour
Come sweeten
Every afternoon
It's time
Tell you why
I say it's
Infinitely true

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

It's all because of you

When I finished, I still feel stupid but somehow I feel like crying. I covered my face with my palms and sobbed silently. Its so early and I am crying already..

After a while, my sobs died down and I placed my guitar back to its place. I went out heading to where my shoes were. I need some fresh air..

I went out and did things I usually don't do. I went to the arcades and got myself beaten by a ten year old kid on Teken. Then played bowling, I even played ping pong while I'm at it. The continued me doing things I don't usually do.

Time sure flies when you enjoy it and before I know it, it was already six pm. I feel hungry now.. I walked some more looking for a decent place to eat but then again something caught my eyes again. It's a fair! Yahoo!

I quickly went inside and payed for the entrance fee. There were a lot of rides and there's a lot of people too. Maybe this day is not too bad. I rode many awesome rides, especially the haunted train ride. It was so amusing while the people around me screams like their soul is being dragged to hell.

Finally, I saw a hot dog stand and some more good stuffs. I bought some and eat quietly on the stalls. Many were giving me some weird looks because I was eating not so very ladylike.

When I am done, I stood and and begin to walk towards my final ride. The ferris wheel! When I got to the line, I noticed that everyone around me were in pairs. Couples... I don't have any interest about those back then but as of now..... I don't know at all. This liking someone thing is complicated.

I just line up there awkwardly as couples around me were talking about mushy things as they advance and have a seat. When it is my turn, the operator gave me weird look.

"Only you miss?" he asked and I frowned.

"Yeah?" I answered more like asked too.

"Haven't you seen the sign right there? It's a couple's ferris wheel." I face palmed myself due to embarrassment. why did I miss that huge sign?

"Can't I go alone?" I asked hopefully but he gave me a shook of his head sadly.

Then the couple that I would be replacing finally stopped and I felt disappointed. Just my luck when it is my turn.

I am about to leave but then someone called me. I just hope that I am wrong this time... Not here too please.

"Oh hey Sissy. Why are you here?" Rico asked surprised. Then my eyes landed on that little imp that is clinging to his arm. I remained composed but deep inside I wanted to cry already.. It should have been me! "Where's your pair?"

I was about to reply but then someone interrupted. "Right here"

I glance to my side and saw a guy maybe the same age as me. He was dressed to impress and his eyes seems cocky. I don't know this guy.

Either way it's better than to look like an idiot right now. I hesitantly went to his side and smiled to Rico and The bitch. I refuse to call her to her name!

"uhhh.. Have a nice night" I said and pulled the stranger beside me inside the vacant seat.

I didn't spare any glance and just placed a plastic smile on my lips. I wanted to cry so badly right now.

"I suppose you know that guy." the guy opposite of me said and nodded to the now retreating back of Rico. "Your ex?"

"Not at all.. We were never something like that." I said still looking at Rico's back as the ferris wheel rose higher. "Just friends..."

We remained silent. No one was willing to talk and when I glance to his direction, he had a sympathetic smile. "I can relate on being just a friend." he said.

"So what's your story?" I asked.

"Nothing special I guess. I was about to ask someone on a date here but then again she refused and laughed when I confessed my true feelings." He sighed. "I guess being a funny friend for a long time really has its own consequences. She thought I was still joking.. How humiliating.."

"At least you still have a chance to try again."

"None at all. Apparently, a senior asked her out and they got exclusive just tonight. Their on the next carriage above us right now."

"I'm sorry."

"Not sorry as I am.." he said and gave me a forced smile. "So what's your story?"

Even though I don't know him at all, I feel like opening up tonight. "He has been a friend of mine for a while. I don't know when but along the way I think I saw him differently. I thought I was special too.."

"He's a prick for not looking in your direction." he muttered silently.

"I am at fault too.." I said softly for some reason. "If only I noticed it sooner. Besides, it couldn't be helped. There's a reason why he is clinging to that lying fox as of now."

"You're right.. Maybe we just have been too late to say what we feel. Perhaps if we were more courageous." he said and he has a distant look in his eyes.

"Perhaps.."

We continued some small talks and he pointed out the lady he likes apparently. I feel weird though because the carriage in front of us were kissing and seem intimate. He just shrugged it off and we continued to ignore them. Somehow the night seem lighter after our talk.

When our seat stopped, we got out laughing and kept on pointing out silly things.

"You should totally change the way you dress too flashy." I joked.

"You should dress more casually." he said and we both laughed.

"I don't dress like this most of the time." we both said and laughed once again.

The night continued and we had a great time. It was nothing but just having a great time.

"So I guess this is goodnight?" I said as we exited the fair. It is almost nine already and dark enough.

"Yeah. I really had a great time." he said and his mood seem better than when we were on the ferris wheel.

"I hope for the best for you." he said smiling mischievously. "Even though I still don't know your name."

"I had a great time too. " I said and somehow, the matter about Rico slipped my mind for a while. "Here's a gift for you before we part ways."

I handed him a small box I bought earlier. Inside was a ring for a lady. It was a cheap metal stainless but being me, I added some sparks and made something special.

"What's this? A ring?" he said amused. "You know this won't fit on me right?"

"Yep" I said popping the p. "Give that to the next someone you fall in love with. This time be braver for the both of us. Perhaps the next one will be your last."

"Perhaps" he said and we parted ways.

I hope things for him get better.. And things for me becomes better too.

I walked back towards my house and just jumped on my bed due to exhaustion. I had a very long and dreamless sleep.

AN: five more chapters to go and this one will be done! Thanx for the support as always!

Cya all and have a gold day ahead.

StressCompany

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
7.4K 246 35
Life isn't easy when you're a teenage girl living in a house full guys. Throw in a controlling father, an overprotective brother and a jackass of a w...
8.6K 362 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...
8.2K 478 33
BOOK 2 Of Sold to the Alpha - SUBMITTED TO THE 2023 WATTY AWARDS My world stopped, it froze and broke like the axis it had been spinning on had tilte...