Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff
Epilogue

34. The Cabin and A Big Question

6.4K 141 59
By veemarc

Chapter 34

"So...where are we going?" I asked.

"Follow me" he said taking the duffel bag and my hand.

..

"OK close your eyes" he said. I frowned in confusion but nodded. I shut my eyes and felt him guide me somewhere. "OK open". I opened my eyes to see the abounded cabin. I frowned at the run down cabin that held back memories and looked up at him.

"Paul why are we here?" I asked with a sigh.

"Go in" he encouraged smirking down at me. I sighed and put my hand to the knob and twisted it. I slowly opened and my eyes widened when I saw inside. It was beautiful and completely renovated. It was nearly empty except for the king sized bed which sat at the back of the room but positioned in the middle. There were candles basically everywhere and it was clean and tidy. Red rose petals littered the floor around the bed.

"The guys helped me while you girls were out," he whispered in my ear. "We even fixed the bathroom up".

"It looks amazing," I turned to him wrapping my arms around his neck. "I didn't think you were so...romantic".

"I have my moments" he smirked placing his hands on the small of my back pushing me closer to him.

"Right" I said dragging the 'i'. I leaned up and kissed him. He kissed me back, the kiss starting slow and passionate. That passion soon turned into lust and desperation. He quickly turned us so I was pushed up against the door. His hands held a tight grip on my hips as he dominated the kiss. I tugged on his shirt desperate from him to take it off. He pulled it off and chucked it to the corner of the room with a smirk. This time I used the band of his shorts to pull him closer. I bit my lip and looked up at him.

"Doing that makes me want you more than I already do" he whispered huskily in my ear. I smirked this time and looked up at him. Lets play a little game shall we?

I brought my lips up to his only brushing them with his. He very quickly and swiftly pulled my top off and threw it in the same corner that his shirt was thrown in. He smirked at my reaction resulting in me narrowing my eyes at him. I knew he was challenging me back.

I began to kiss his jaw line and then down his neck. He growled and ran his hands down to my thighs where he hoisted me up to wrap my legs round his torso. He briefly glanced down at my chest which was practically in his face. Feeling a little embarrassed I decided to distract him by connecting my lips with his. I felt him smirk into the kiss knowing he scored another point. No way was I going to let him win.

"We should take this to the bed" Paul whispered in my ear with a deep voice. He walked over to the bed and placed me down. He began leaving wet kisses down my neck. I arch my back desperate for him to be closer. He teasingly pulled down my pants, leaving me in only my bra and panties. Even though I was embarrassed, I still wanted to win. I guess I could use this as an advantage.

"Paul" I moaned knowing he'd give in. He continues to kiss down my neck and slide his tongue over my collarbone. So far he is winning, and I don't like to lose.

I flipped us so this time I was on top straddling his hips. I put my hands on his chest and leant forward. I bit my lip and ran my hands over his biceps. He leant up to kiss me, but I brought my head back and smirked. I brought my hands back down to the band of his shorts and tugged on them. I continued past the band of his shorts when he quickly flipped us again.

"You're all mine" he growled kissing me possesively. I smirked knowing I'd won.

.......

I woke up and noticed I was sleeping on Paul's chest. The sun peered through the thin material of blinds that shielded the windows.

"Good morning beautiful" Paul said in his morning voice which was deep and husky.

"Good morning" I replied, probably not sounding nothing like his sexy morning voice. He leaned down to kiss me when I covered my mouth. He frowned, but ended up chuckling and attempted to remove my hand.

"Paul no. I have morning breath" I said even though it came up muffled.

"I don't care. I want to kiss my imprint" he pleaded. I removed my hand and he leant down kissing me. I brought my arms around his neck while he brought his leg over my body and hovered above me. My arms ran from around his neck down his biceps and around his waist. He began kissing my jaw then my neck. He began nibbling on my earlobe. A moan escaped my mouth as my head rolled to the side. He left love bites down my neck and continued down to my chest. And, as if on cue, my phone rang. Paul growled angrily and picked it up.

"What!?" He growled into the speaker. "Who are you?" I frowned when he asked that. Who was he talking to? I am honestly annoyed the phone had to ring at that time, I was enjoying Paul's company. That didn't give Paul a right to speak to the person on the receiver like that. Just imagine it was my mother. That'd give her another reason to hate him.

"I'm her boyfriend" he growled. Oh crap. I reached up to grab the phone but he pulled back.

"Paul hand it over please" I asked. He reluctantly handed it over.

"Hello".

"Hey Kira, it's Blake". Oh great.

"Hey, Blake, how are you?" I looked up at Paul whose eyes bore into mine and he did not look happy.

"Good thanks...uh did I interrupt something?" He asked making me look back up at Paul. I knew he could hear everything Blake was saying. Paul nodded, a deep growl growing in his chest. I placed my hand on his chest to help calm him down.

"Uh...kind of. Can I call you back later?"

"Yeah sure. Talk to you later".

"Bye". I hung up and placed my phone back on the bedside table.

"Who's Blake?" Paul asked a slight vibration that corrupted through his body. I put my hand on his bicep to help calm him down.

"He is just a guy I met at the club last night".

"You gave him your number?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

"He gave me his and it's not like it meant anything" I told him with a shrug.

"He seemed surprised to know you had a boyfriend". Oh damn, I walked into that one. True, I hadn't said anything but I was too engrossed in the conversation to say anything. I did try to tell him at the start, but then he started talking and he bought me a drink.

"Paul" I whispered looking away. I see why he is annoyed, but I really just wanted to enjoy this while it lasted because then today we have to pack and be in Australia. I'll just ask Ryder to teleport us there. "Can we just forget about it. I was enjoying that". I bit my lip and looked up at him knowing he'd give in on that action. He sighed and kissed me lightly.

"We can talk about it later". A smirk tugged on my lips, but gasped when I felt him pinch my butt.

"Paul!"

"What?" He smirked. An idea popped in my head to get him back. I allowed my hand to trail down and 'slip over' his 'buddy'. The whole time I was looking in his eyes and chewing on my bottom lip. I enjoyed his reaction which was different than mine.

"Whoops" I smirked.

"Kira" he half growled, half moaned. I bite my lip again.

"Whoops" I repeat. He smirked and leaned down to kiss me.

"I'm going to have a shower, join me?" He asked in the kiss and then pulled back.

"Uh...sure. I just gotta check something first" I told him. He kissed me before getting off me and striding to the bathroom. I lied, I just needed a second to compose myself. Once he was out of view I rolled over and closed my eyes contently. I quickly gave myself a minute to compose myself and reopened them getting out off of the bed and I walked into the bathroom. I covered my breast with my hair slightly embarrassed. I stepped into the shower and was instantly greeted by Paul.

"Hello beautiful" he smiled leaning down and kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him back. He squeezed my waist and I felt a pain run through my waist. I quickly parted and frowned unsure of what it was. I brought one hand to my waist and the other slid from his neck and onto his chest.

"Kira what's wrong?" He asked, resting his hands above my waist.

"N-nothing" I lied.

"C'mon Kira, you and I both know you are lying. Is there something wrong with your waist?" He asked turning me to the side, making my arms fall from around his neck. I looked down as he stared at a purple, blue bruise on my waist.

"It's nothing" I mumbled turning back to face him.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, his voice low.

"No, well only if you put pressure on it" I told him my voice quiet as well.

"Why didn't you tell me this morning?" He asked, bringing me closer to him.

"Because I forgot. You...you didn't touch my waist this morning" I mumbled the last part.

"I'm so sorry" he said hugging me. At this point I felt the water on my back and remembered we were in the shower. I smiled at Paul and pulled him away.

"It's OK" I assured him. I smirked and stepped under the water. I watched as it went through my hair, the droplets falling on my stomach.

"C'mon I want a kiss" I smirked pulling him closer by his hand.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said backing away. I frowned and felt this rejection in me. My chest tightened and I felt my heart ache. "Don't look at me like that, please". I swallowed a gulp in my throat.

"Paul, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I can't hurt you again" he concluded opening the shower door and stepping out. I decided he needed time to cool off.

"Could you please bring the bag into the bathroom" I called and turned my body so I was facing the wall. The shower had been done nicely. It looked modern and clean. I don't know how long those boys were fixing this place up for, but they did a great job.

I sighed remembering I had to be in Australia tonight. I still had to go back to Paul's and pack. I had to ask if he was still coming. Thinking of Australia reminded me of my mum. Imagine my mum found out I had slept with Paul, at the age of 16. I knew she'd be disappointed and I did hate making my mum disappointed. I hope my dad doesn't check up on me and find me in bed with a sweaty, naked Paul on top. That made my cheeks flush. That's all I need, for my dad to peek through the clouds and notice I'm fluffing around with Paul.

I sighed once more and turned off the water. I took a glance at my bruise and it was better. I told him not to worry. I noticed a towel hanging over the top of the shower. Paul must have put that there without me noticing. I took it and began to dry myself. I stepped out and changed into the clothes he'd set out for me. He had just packed grey sweat pants and a black tank top with white angel wings on the back and 'Angel' written on the front. I put it on and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I put the towel back on the rack to dry. I stepped out of the bathroom and noticed Paul sitting on the end of the bed with his head buried in his hands. He wore khaki shorts and a black button up shirt.

"Paul" I whispered walking closer to him. "Where's my cocky, hot tempered wolf? C'mon Paul look at me. Do I look in like I'm in pain? I would call coming back from the underworld painful, being stabbed by Hilary painful, being shot by Hilary painful, my bone being crushed painful. But a little bruise on my waist is nothing. It'll be gone in an hour anyway". He quickly stood up abruptly.

"The difference is I hurt you!" He snapped.

"Paul c'mon. I'm fine" I pleaded.

"Kira" he breathed. I looked down at his fists to see them balled up by his side. I walked forward and put my hand at the nape of his neck pulling him down to kiss me. I pressed my lips against his. It took him a while to respond from the sudden abrupt move. He soon kissed me back, his lips moving in perfect sync with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck twirling his hair through my fingers. His hair wasn't long making it difficult, but I found a way around that. He slowly and carefully placed his hands on my hips kissing me back hungrily.

"I'm so sorry" he mumbled in the kiss.

"It's OK," I smirked parting. "Now. Shut up and kiss me". He smirked and pressed his lips against mine.

"I love you" he said clear in the kiss.

"I love you," I smiled. "Now we have to go pack!" He groaned and I took his hand. "What's gonna happen to this...mess?"

"I'll come back and clean it before we leave" he said leaning down to kiss me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. We'll wash it then bring it back" he shrugged.

"OK, c'mon! Lets go. Oh and keep last night to yourself please. Your scaring Leah" I chuckled as he picked up the duffle bag and followed me outside. He locked the door and took my hand.

"Well I told her not to listen..." He trailed.

"She doesn't get a choice. So stop. Plus I think you might distract the others if you think about it" I said. He growled and pulled me closer.

"This is between you and me" he concluded.

............

"Done". I watched as the sheets went around and around in the washing machine. Today Paul and I had started packing but ended up going to Emily and Sam's for lunch. After lunch Paul went on his shift for patrol and when he got back we took my KTM for a spin and ended up on First Beach. We stayed there for a bit before we went back to Emily's after that and stayed a little longer. Shortly afterwards we went back to Paul's place. We ordered pizza for dinner and finished packing. While I watched some T.V Paul went to the cabin and brought back the sheets which I just put on.

I picked up the empty laundry basket and moved it to the laundry counter. I walked out of the laundry and glanced at the clock. It was 9:30pm. We really had to go soon. I walked into Paul's room and noticed him walk out of the bathroom stuffing something in the the front pocket of his duffle bag. He looked up at me and cleared his throat.

"Uh...ready?" He asked putting the bag by the door. I frowned and crossed my arms across my chest.

"What was that?" I asked with a smirk.

"What? Nothing. Just last minute packing" he said with a shrug. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why are you so nervous then?" I asked.

"You really want to know what it is?" He asked a smirk tugging at his lips. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes" I said reluctantly.

"You absolutely sure?" He asked making me nervous now.

"Paul. What is it?" I asked. He smirked and pulled something from the front pocket and threw it at me. I caught it and glanced at it. "Oh". I threw the foil packet back at him. "Don't get your high hopes up mister". He stuffed the packet in the front pocket.

"Please. You can't get enough of me" he smirked. I chuckled and shook my head, walking out of the room.

"So you ready?!" He called out.

"Almost. I just need to go past a 24 hour Walmart to pick a few things up" I said knowing with his enhanced hearing he heard it led and clear.

"OK, lets go" he said walking out of his room.

We drove to the local Walmart. Once we had found a park, which was easy, we got out of his truck and walked along the cement pathway to the shop. His hand slid into mine and intertwined our fingers. He picked up a basket from the front entrance and we walked down a random aisle though, I guess I wasn't really paying attention to what we had to actually find. My eyes roamed over each product. My eyes stopped at a blue packet. I let go of Paul's hand and stopped at the product known as Sesame Snaps. I picked up a few packets and dropped them in the basket.

"What are they?" Paul asked looking down at the packets.

"They help with upset stomachs" I muttered and continued to walk down the aisle. I felt Paul's arm snake around my waist and pull me closer.

"Are you getting stomachs aches?" He asked.

"Its nothing to worry about. They come and go" I said with a shrug.

"Do you know why they even come?"

"No".

"Are you sure?" He asked. It sounded like he had another suggestion, but didn't say it. We exited the aisle and went to the next aisle. There was a lady that looked to be in her forties that was looking at some products at the top of the aisle.

"Why? What could it be?" I asked as my eyes scanned the crackers. I stopped at the Sakarta original flavoured crackers and put two packs in the basket. I looked at the other flavours and picked up whole meal crackers.

"Are you pregnant?" He whispered in my ear making me drop the packet I was holding. I looked at the lady to see if she had noticed. She must have because she looked at us strangley. It looked like her eyes, though, were fixed on Paul where she looked almost angry at him. I furrowed my brows, but brushed it off. Probably the mother of some tramp he had a one night stand with. I bent down and picked it up putting the packet back on the shelf. I took his hand and quickly dragged him out of the aisle taking a quick glance at the lady to see if she was still looking. She seemed to preoccupied with the product she was reading. I shrugged it off and continued to drag Paul away.

"So are you? Are you pregnant?" He asked again.

"No. I mean I don't know" I answered unsure. It didn't really cross my mind. I thought it might have just been that time of the month or one of those things.

"Have you taken a test?" He asked knitting his brows together. "Did you get...you know...you monthly thing?"

"No I didn't take a test and my period you mean?" I asked raising a brow at him. He grimaced and nodded.

"Yeah that and maybe you should take a test" he advised. I sighed. I should get a test done to be sure and to be honest I am a little late this month.

"Uh...I need to get a few things. Uh...lady stuff. I'll be back" I muttered walking around him. He quickly pulled me by the wrist towards him and placed a soft kiss to my lips.

"It'll be OK" he whispered. I nodded and took the basket before walking off to the women's section.

I walked down the aisle and took my requirements for when I do get my period. I got what I needed and placed them in the basket. I moved on to the pregnancy tests. I picked one up and read the instructions.

"Ah...so I did interrupt something" a deep, masculine voice spoke softly in my ear. I turned around to see Blake grinning at me.

"Hi" I forced a smile and hugged him. He hugged me back and raised a brow.

"Your boyfriend seems like a delight" he teased resting his arm on the shelf and leaning against it, a smile lingering on his lips.

"Well, I kinda left out the part where I gave you my number and I met you altogether" I chuckled looking at the pregnancy test briefly and putting it back on the shelf.

"Are you worried he'd be jealous of me?" I chuckled and shook my head.

"Uh...he can be a bit...possessive".

"They are annoying. Well I find clingy girls annoying" He mumbled with a shrug. I chuckled a smile tugging on my lips.

"Yeah..." I trailed awkwardly looking at more tests. He got off from leaning on the shelf and stood beside me.

"You pregnant?" He asked.

"Uh...no. I don't know. That's why I'm taking a test" I muttered the last part.

"And where's the boyfriend?" He grinned leaning closer.

"He's right here" a gruff voice said from behind Blake. I looked behind to see Paul standing nearly a head taller than Blake with his arms crossed over his chest. His arms looked bigger when he had then crossed the way he had them now. You could tell he was trying to intimidate Blake, but Blake seemed calm and relaxed. I was quite stunned. Usually people that are face to face with Paul, or any of the other pack member, get scared. But Blake seemed unfazed, if anything he looked a little amused.

"Uh...Paul this is Blake, Blake this Paul" I introduced. Blake put his hand forward for Paul to shake, but Paul kept a strong gaze on Blake. He put his hand down awkwardly and scratched the nape of his neck. I narrowed my eyes at Paul and sighed.

"Well um...I gotta go. I'll talk to you go later," Blake said and nodded at Paul. "Paul".

"See ya Blake" I said smiling weakly at him. I turned back to the shelf and picked up another test brand. I sighed deciding I'd just go with that one.

"So that's Blake?" Paul said with a growl.

"Yes and you didn't have to be so rude" I scolded walking around him. I walked to the cash register and put my items on the sliding table. The cashier looked about eighteen, nineteen maybe. It was a girl and she looked bored out of her brain. I read her name tag which read 'Quinn'. She had blonde hair that was pulled up into a bun and a truck load of make up on. Has any of the girls of La Push heard of natural beauty?

"Hi" I said quietly. Paul walked up beside me draping his arm over my shoulders, instinctively I brought my hand up to his and entertwined our fingers. I practically felt Paul smirk down at me feeling smug that I had forgiven him so easily. I then look back up at Quinn and noticed her eyes instantly lit up when she saw Paul.

"Oh, hey Paul. How have your holidays been?" She asked with a smile that looked fake. I narrowed my eyes at her and pressed myself closer to Paul.

"Great" he answered and I felt him pinch my butt. I gasped and slapped his arm. He smirked at me proudly, whereas Quinn rolled her eyes. I rolled my eyes at Paul and watched Quinn scan my items. She came across the pregnancy test and stopped. She frowned and looked at it skeptically. I swallowed a lump in my throat and squeezed Paul's hand.

"Is there a problem?" Paul asked angrily. Quinn shook her head and cleared her throat. She scanned the item and put it in a bag.

"Have a good night" she winked at Paul, irritating me, as he took the bags. He put the two bags in one hand and used the other to hold my hand. He kissed my knuckles and smiled at me.

"We'll be OK" he assured.

This felt like the longest two minutes of my life. I checked the alarm on my phone. I sighed. It's only been fifty seconds. I sat back on the toilet seat. I buried my head in my hands. What if I was pregnant? I'd be one of those teens on that reality show Teen Moms. I'd be sixteen and have a kid, technically seventeen this Thursday. There is no way Paul and I would be able to support it. We'd probably leave it at Emily and Sam's during school hours, or Paul would drop out. Not that I'd let him but he'd probably do it anyway.

I looked at my phone again. Forty seconds to go. I cracked my knuckles impatiently. What if when I went to Australia and told my mum that I was pregnant? She'd be so angry. I can also picture the disappointment on her face. She'd probably look away, disgusted, and leave the room. I can't believe I was so stupid to let this happen. But I really love Paul, I really do. I love his cocky attitude, even though it can be annoying. I love his eyes that always hold so much love. His lips which are full and I love to kiss. It just seemed right. Maybe it was the imprint pull that made me want him so much.

The sound of my phones alarm made me snap out of my thoughts. I slide my finger along the tab that read 'Snooze'. The phone quietened. I hesitantly picked up the stick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
454K 8.9K 77
About a month before her junior year ended, Destiny Young's life was flipped upside down. Being forced to move to the La Push Quileute Reservation fr...
910K 25.5K 30
「𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘」❝ We all made mistakes❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
73.4K 1.3K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...