F R E E ✔ [completed]

By Beasterz02

Where paths cross and 2 lives are thrown into a huge mess called love. A story where trust is your enemy, pro... More

Heads Up
Neighbors:1
You're an idiot:2
Together:3
Simple Sweet Sixteen:4
Beware of Dog:5
Stupid Friends:6
Finally Free:7
Saying goodbye:8
Long Time No See:9
Promise Me No Promises:10
Broken Hurts:11
Talks With Jonah:12
Back to Prison:13
Jealous:14
Full of Surprises:16
Game Changer:17
Voicemail:18
I'm Sorry:19
Strangers: 20
Boys and Babies:21
Cheaters:22
Love:23
Parties:24
Tears:25
Fights:26
Unplanned:27
Pretty Girls:28
Shopping With JackJack:29
Homecoming:30
Homecoming pt.2:31
Pregnant:32
Memory Box:33
Double Trouble:34
Cheater:35
Roses:36
Jayden:37
Words I Didn't Say:38
Voices:39
I Didn't Mean To:40
Forgiveness:41
Loneliness:42
Fairy Lights and Kisses:43
Sharks:44
Just Friends:45
Bench:46
Love At First Convo:47
Triple Date:48
Amnesia:49
Judge Jonah:50
Breaking Point:51
New Years:52
Tired of Waiting:53
Home:54
Um:55
The Wedding:56
More Goodbyes:57
Hiding:58
Chopsticks:59
Lucas:60
Tell Him:61
Death:62
Letters:63
Prom:64
Big Day:65
Competition:66
Birthday:67
Texts:68
Mine:69
School:70
Marriage:71
A Champion:72
Hurry:73
No Show:74
The List:75
Baby:76
Valerie:77
Jayden Lee:78
We Meet Again:79
A Visitor:80
24 Hours:81
Veronica:82
Missing:83
Free:84
!!important announcement!!
!!ANOTHER PROMO!!
hi i miss this book
new book

Change of Plans:15

4.3K 89 78
By Beasterz02

Jonah:

I carefully woke up Daniel and we snuck out of the room to wake up Corbyn and Jack. It was about 2 in the morning, but Daniel and I thought about Deja being in love with some other guy. I softly knocked on their door. Jack opened and looked at us before trying to shut the door again. I grabbed it and we both walked in.

"What do you guys want?" Corbyn asked grumpily.

"We have to talk," I said. Corbyn sat up and we all sat on their bed.

"About what?" Jack asked.

"About Deja."

"She has a thing for someone right?" Daniel asked. We all nodded. "Remember the plan?"

"Zach was supposed to get over Deja, but Deja wasn't supposed to get over Zach. It's all falling apart now because she's in love with someone else," I explained.

"So what are we supposed to do? We can't change a person's feelings," Corbyn said.

"Yeah. And plus, Deja seems really happy and I don't wanna take that away from her. Maybe, if Deja falls in love with someone else and Zach falls in love with someone else, they'll go back to being friends and we don't have to do anything that'll hurt them," Jack said.

"But Zach is in love with her," Daniel argued.

"But Deja isn't. I don't wanna take Jayden away from Deja like that. Sorry guys, I'm out," Jack said.

"Yeah, I don't think it's worth hurting Deja more," Corbyn said.

"But what about Zach?" I asked. "He's apparently still hurting from all that happened. He's still hoping and we can't let Zach stay like that."

"We'll find Zach a different girl," Corbyn said. "I mean, come on guys, it won't be hard. A girl would be crazy if she didn't like Zach."

"Are you calling Deja crazy?" Daniel asked.

"Of course not. Deja liked him, remember? Therefore she's not crazy."

"I don't know, I'm still kinda iffy about the whole Deja likes someone else situation," I said.

"Look, I don't think you're iffy, I think you're just a little worried. You see Deja as a little sister, so it's hard for you to think that she has a thing with someone that you don't know. Honestly, Jayden sounds like a really great guy and he's so sweet to her, so you have nothing to worry about," Jack said.

"You're right. I'm worried, I should just let loose and we should all let things happen on their own."

"Exactly," Corbyn said still grumpy.

"Woah," Daniel said out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked.

"His name is Jayden Miller, right?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah," Jack said. Daniel handed Jack the phone. "No way."

"What is it?" I asked. The four of us huddled around the small phone screen staring at the picture of the guy Deja apparently had a thing with.

(Picture in media section thingamajigger)

"This is him?!" Jack asked shocked.

"Yeah and he's up at 2 in the morning because he approved my follow request within like seconds," Daniel said.

"Forget his approval, why is he so good looking?!"

"Deja's lucky. If I was a girl, I'd die before he even asked me to actually be his girlfriend," I said getting weird looks from the guys. "You guys try living with Deja your whole life! You legit become a girl!" They all laughed at me.

All of our phones began going off.

'@/deja.j21 started a live video! Watch it before it ends!' it read across the screen

"What a coincidence," Daniel said. He clicked on the notification and we watched on his phone. Just as we all suspected Jayden was watching.

"Jayden you annoying! Go to sleep!" She laughed. "I knew you were lying when you said you were going to bed."

@/jay.mill: I saw u were going live

"You're dumb," She said laughing. "I went live to test you and you failed miserably."

@/jay.mill: Oh whale

"Hi, Daniel!" She smiled. We all tried to say hi but remembered that she was live and couldn't hear us.

@/seaveydaniel: Hi Deja

@/jay.mill: hey ur the dude who followed me!

"Hey, you're the dude who followed me," Deja read Jayden's comment. "What the heck, why'd you follow him? Oh, did Jack tell you about him?"

@/seaveydaniel: yeah

@/jay.mill: Awww you talk about me, little donut!?!?

"Don't call me that, you weird little nugget," Deja said.

@/jay.mill: Awww we're too cute. Little donut and little nugget... <3

"Go to sleep, Jayden. Bye boys! I'm going to bed!" She blew a kiss at the camera.

@/jay.mill: I screenshotted

"Goodnight, Jayden!"

We all laughed as Daniel typed the last good night before she ended the live.

"They're so cute together!" Jack squealed. "I wish I had a girlfriend!"

"Hold up, they're not a couple, they're just a thing," I corrected.

"Soon to be a couple," Corbyn corrected.

We heard someone walked next to the door. By the way, the person ran down the stairs, we could tell it was Zach.

"We're gonna go," I said.

"Please!" Corbyn begged. Daniel smacked him and we both carefully crept back to our room and into the bed. Zach walked back into the room and tumbled into his bed.

We both listened as Zach grabbed his phone. He called someone and left a quick voicemail.

"Yeah, David. It's Zach, I was wondering if there was any way I could leave for home earlier. I just need some time off and there's a lot on my mind that I just need to get away from. Thanks," He said.

He stared at his phone screen. "It's time to move on Zach. Deja's over you. Deal with it," He said before shutting off his phone and rolling over on his side.

Daniel and I looked at each other in the darkness realizing Zach wanted to leave Los Angeles because he needed time to get over Deja. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling.

I never realized how much love could change a person...

...

We each got a text from David saying that we had a week to go home and spend with our families. Daniel and I looked at each other and remembered what happened last night. Zach happily smiled and got ready to go home.

I felt bad that he was lying to himself and we were just letting it happen.

Jayden:

I walked into the school. The whole school was already talking about my thing with Deja. I didn't really care though, I liked her and she liked me. That's all that mattered. Deja told me about what Bridget said to her last night and I honestly wanted to be a girl so I could smack her. Sadly, I'm not a girl and I don't disrespect girls like that.

I walked straight to my locker and grabbed the things that I needed for class. I put my stuff in my first period and walked around the school. I found my little group of friends. They didn't really bother me about Deja, they all already knew how I felt about Deja and they were kinda tired of me always talking about her.

I saw Deja walk into the school. I smiled.

"I'll be back," I said to the guys. I got up and walked up to her locker. Bridget was sharing a big locker with one of her friends, so she didn't use the small locker next to Deja's.

"Goodmorning!" I flashed a smile and used the happiest voice I had. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired," She yawned. "And it's your fault."

"I'm sorry," I said. I pulled her in for a hug, but she pulled away from my grip. She wore a pair of gray joggers, a white T-shirt, and white converse. Her hair was tied up in a little messy bun and she wore light makeup. "What's wrong?"

"What?"

"I tried to hug you and you pulled away," I said.

"I'm sorry, it's just people were staring at us and it was making me super uncomfortable."

"Uncomfortable?"

"Yeah, you know. You're Jayden Miller, has 3/4 of the girls at the school chasing after him and then there's me, Deja," She said.

"Really," I said. "Don't be like that Deja. You're perfect even if you're not the most liked girl at the school. I actually like it that way because now I have you all to myself."

"I just-"

"You're embarrassed by me," I said.

"Of course not," She said.

"Yeah, you're scared to be seen with me because of all the rumors about us," I said. "We're not even dating, but I know that I love you and I'm not afraid to be seen with you."

"I'm not afraid."

"Yeah, you are."

"No, it's just because I don't like it when people stare at me."

"People are staring at you?"

"No," I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the cafeteria which is usually busy in the morning. I climbed the nearest table and stood on the top. "Jayden, what are you doing?!"

I pulled her onto the table with me and hugged her close to my body.

"Hey!" I yelled. Everyone turned and stared at us. "This is Deja. She is mine! We're not dating yet, but she is mine. Thank you, I just wanted to make that clear. You may proceed."

"Jayden..." She said before hopping off of the table and immediately taking off. Everyone watched as she made her way through the crowd of people. I hopped off the table and ran after her.

She ran a lot faster than I thought. She took a sharp corner.

"Really, Deja?!" I heard a voice scream. I slowed down hiding at the corner. The hall was empty meaning everyone was either sitting in their classrooms or back at the cafeteria/courtyard talking about what happened just now.

"I didn't tell him to do that!" Deja's voice rang. I hid behind the wall and took a peek at what was going on. Bridget and Deja were standing face to face.

"Stop begging for attention you little attention seeking bxtch!" Bridget yelled.

"Stop calling me that! I didn't tell Jayden to drag me on a table and call me his. You know I hate it when people sit and stare at me!"

"Jayden doesn't like you!" I took that as my signal to fake jog over to Deja. Bridget and her little squad thing smiled at me.

"Deja..." I walked over and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Perfect, you're here," Bridget said. "Stop lying to Deja and tell her that you don't like her."

Deja looked up at me and I looked down at her. I unwrapped my arm from her shoulder.

"Deja, I'm sorry. I don't like you," I said making Bridget laugh. Deja looked away. "I don't like you because I love you."

Deja looked back up at me and smiled. Bridget stood in shock.

"And I know love is a really strong word and we've only known each other for 4 days, but when I talk to you it seems like I've known you forever and I

loved you before I knew you," I said.

"Stop lying!" Bridget yelled.

"I love you, Deja," I said ignoring Bridget and her little squad. I grabbed her face gently and brought my lips down to meet hers. She pulled away and Bridget burst into anger and walked off with her minions.

Deja and I both laughed and watched her storm down the hallway. I brought my attention back to Deja who was still watching her step sister. I gently touched her chin and brought her attention back to me.

"I love you too," She said with a smile. I smiled brightly and kissed her again. Just us in this lonely hallway.

"Miller," A deep voice that I recognized immediately said. I pulled away and turned to face Coach Barnes.

"Hey, Coach!" I waved awkwardly. Deja was lightly giggling and standing behind me. "Did you need anything?"

"I know this hallway is empty, but that doesn't mean you get to kiss your girlfriend here," He said. "Especially in the hallway where I teach." Coach Barnes is also a health teacher.

"Sorry," I said trying not to laugh. I reached for Deja's hand and intertwined our fingers. Coach noticed.

"I need to talk to you later," Coach Barnes said. Coach walked back to his classroom. Deja and I both burst out in laughter.

The bell rang and the lonely hallway was no longer lonely.

"I'll see you later," She said smiling and pulling her hand away from mine.

"Not so fast," I said pulling her back. I kissed her on the forehead. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Jayden."

I watched as she walked off in the direction of her locker to grab the things she needed. She never got the chance to grab everything because I pulled her to the cafeteria and slammed the door shut.

I walked to my first period which was math. I sat down at my desk. I always try to pay attention to lessons in school. Sports is what I'm best at, but school and keeping my grades up are the hardest thing.

My older brother went to college and so did my older sister. Me being the youngest kid has a lot of pressure. My parents expect me to get a scholarship and go to college like my two older siblings. Which is what I want, but it's hard when my grades are constantly dropping. It's not that I don't understand what is being taught, it's I can't keep up with school and sports at the same time. I've thought about quitting sports and focusing on school, but at this rate, sports is the only shot I have of getting a scholarship to go to a decent college.

...

I went to practice after school. We practiced and about 30 minutes into practice, Coach Barnes asked me to step aside with him to talk.

"What's up?" I asked taking off my helmet so that it was easier to talk to him.

"How's school?" He asked.

"Pretty good, why?"

"Jayden, I know that school has been hard for you in the past years. It's been so hard where you're at the edge of getting cut, but I push you because I don't want to cut you. You are one talented player and I knew that from the day you walked onto my field for tryouts during Freshman year. I also knew you had trouble keeping your grades up, but I knew you had a future waiting for you. You never had any distractions, but you still had trouble with your grades. Now you have a girlfriend-"

"She's not my girlfriend," I said. He gave me a confused look before continuing.

"Well, now you have this girl-"

"This girl has a name."

"Whatever, she is now a distraction. I feel like more distracted you are the worst your grades are going to get."

"Coach, Deja's not a distraction, she's a blessing. Deja's really smart and she's an athlete too and she pushes me to do my homework and get enough rest for school. She's more than just a girl or maybe even more than just a girlfriend to me," I said. "Trust me, Coach, I'm going to make you proud this year. I promise."

"You already make me proud Jayden," He said. "Now get back to practice!"

I laughed and jogged back to the field.

...

I walked out of practice slinging my backpack onto my shoulders. The guys were all teasing me about what happened this morning, but I just shrugged it off and ignored them because I love Deja.

I spotted Deja walking around the school campus. She should've been home, but I guess she wasn't.

"Deja!" I called running up to her.

"Oh, hey!" She smiled. I swung my arm around her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was just passing through. I was walking to the store to get milk," She shrugged.

"Why do I find it so flipping cute when you say you're walking to the store," I asked. She laughed and shrugged. "I'll walk with you."

"Oh no, you don't have to. I'm used to walking alone. Plus, I finished my homework and making dinner, I just needed an excuse to leave the house." I laughed.

"I'm stll going to walk with you," I said. I smiled and she rolled her eyes. I held her hand, intertwining our fingers.

We walked all the way to the nearest store and bought milk before I walked her back home.

"My dad's home," She said. There was a silver car parked in her driveway which I'm guessing was her dad's.

"Cool," I said. I walked her to her door.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Text me tonight," I said. I gave her the gallon of milk.

She smiled and got on her tippy toes. She placed a soft kiss on my cheek. I smiled and grabbed her hands before bringing my lips down to hers and placing a kiss on her soft lips.

"Get it, Deja!" A voice called. Multiple voices came after that. She pulled away and looked across the street to 3 guys.

"Shut up, Jack!" That's who Jack is. I smiled. She looked back at me and placed her forehead on mine.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said still laughing a bit. She smiled and opened the door to her house.

"Bye, Jayden." I loved it when she said my name. Her soft and gentle voice was like an angel's.

"Oh, wait!" I said remembering the jersey. She waited. "I almost forgot to give you my jersey."

She smiled. I handed her the jersey and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you," I said. She flushed a reddish color.

"I love you too," She smiled. "Now go home and do your homework."

I laughed and walked off.

"Bye!" She called.

"I love you! Text me!" I called back. She softly shut her door.

I walked home thinking about what we were.

Were we dating? Or were we still a thing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.8K 1.7K 21
All it takes is a miracle to save a life, and love again. ~~~ - Book Two - Completed -
799K 12K 189
thank u for reading this was a fun one to write completed ✔️
515 14 15
Zach Herron finds her on instagram She falls in then out of love with Jonah marais She ends up in a new and abusive relationship She ends up with so...
115K 1.5K 59
A book following the life of young girl Ella as she goes through breakups, anxiety and many of life's difficulties but with Daniel right by her side...