The Fates (Book I) - 2014 Wat...

By _Ahna_

They walk among us. All three, living normal mortal lives. Cloe is graduating college; Lacey is getting marri... More

Author's Note
1.1 - The Way
1.2 - Commencement
1.3 - In the Cave
1.5 - The Doll
1.6 - Victory
1.7 - Thread of Gold
1.8 - Mr. Campion
1.9 - Shadow
1.10 - Trophies and Pastries
1.11 - The Fiancée
1.12 - No Time
1.13 - Not Anymore
2.1 - The Rider
2.2 - Looks
2.3 - Sorry
2.4 - The Faults of Men
2.5 - Floater Fate
2.6 - Living Death
2.7 - Entwined
2.8 - In Vain
2.9 - The Parting Gift
2.10 - Like Home
2.11 - Ishy
2.12 - The Damned Earth
3.1 - Hunger
3.2 - Once Olympus
3.3 - Almost
3.4 - Fleeting Yet Infinite
3.5 - Primordial
3.6 - Scholar and Journeyer
3.7 - The Source
3.8 - Finish Line
3.9 - Life to Be Written
3.10 - The Attic
3.11 - Virtue
3.12 - To Cut
3.13 - Vengeance Vowed
3.14 - Reflection
4.1 - The Sacrifice
4.2 - In Hell
4.3 - The Waking Dream
4.4 - No End on Earth
4.5 - The Avatar
4.6 - Sweet
4.7 - So Distant
4.8 - The Champion
4.9 - Legends
4.10 - Wait
4.11 - Shades of Blue
4.12 - Imagine Nothing
5.1 - Call It Fate
5.2 - Two Paths
5.3 - Sleepless
5.4 - Justice
5.5 - Why
5.6 - The Future
5.7 - Power
5.8 - The Reason
5.9 - Awakened
5.10 - The Lord and His Kind
5.11 - No Words
5.12 - Fated
About Book II, and Other News :)
SNEAK PEEK at Book II :D
Coming Soon... The Fates Book II :)

1.4 - The Dark Rose

97.9K 5.4K 1K
By _Ahna_

Dear Readers: Introducing Atropos - in her modern human form, and with a different name of course... love her, hate her, judge her as you will ;)

________________________

Scene 4: The Dark Rose

A.D. 2015

Darkness. She had always shone most brightly in the darkness. There was no time or place that Atria Shearer was not the star, but darkness was her home. She’d known so much of it throughout her life. She drew her strength, her beauty, from the shadows. For shadow was her only source. And she had needed to, in order to survive.

The darkness here was thick and hot, heavy from lost minds and liquor-laced lust. This was the sort of place where Atria had always done much more than just survive.

She thrived. And everybody watched her thrive, and none could look away. The dark rose dancing on the bar. The deathly blossom, each glance from her pine green eyes a thorn that pricked the heart and watched it bleed.

One heart here tonight was bleeding most profusely. The blood was beautiful to him, though. For the rose was his.

Or so he thought, at least.

“Just look at her, Axel,” the boy told his brother.

Axel gazed at the rose over the rim of his glass. “How could I not.”

“She’s unreal,” Ronan gushed, his breathless voice drawling from too many drinks. “Sometimes I stand here… and I wonder… how I occupy… the same universe she does.”

“Get a grip, Ro.”

“Let alone the same bed,” Ronan added proudly, slamming his nearly drained drink on the nearest surface. “Fuck. I am the luckiest little dog that ever lived. I, Ronan Golde…”

“Get a fucking grip,” Axel ordered him again.

The club was loud enough for Ronan to pretend he’d not heard his big brother’s orders. At any rate, he wasn’t about to heed them.

They both watched as a buff, shirtless man with a buzz cut climbed up on the bar behind Atria. He’d had enough of pawing at her feet from down below, like everybody else.

Axel’s lip began curling back into a snarl. He caught himself and curbed it. “Get a grip. Like that guy who’s gripping her thighs.”

Ronan shrugged, waved his hand dismissively. “Doesn’t bother me. They can look, they can touch…”

And the man with the buzz cut most certainly was.

“…but they can’t kiss…”

The man swept Atria’s dark silk hair out of his way, baring her sensuous neck just inches from his open mouth.

“…they can’t fuck,” Ronan finished. “No one fucks her but me.”

Axel shifted uncomfortably.

“Look at that…” Ronan marveled, “…the grace with which she picks them off like flies, just when they start to get too close… just watch…”

As if she’d heard her little lover from this distance, even over the deafening din of the club, Atria’s emerald eyes locked intensely on his.

His bleeding heart jumped to his throat. As happened every time.

She reached stealthily down behind her, to where the man’s hips were grinding hard against her shapely derriere. Her deft hand disappeared for a second. The man’s eyes went wide; inflamed, he dove in to devour her.

And then Atria’s arm jerked, in a sudden sharp but graceful twisting motion.

Her short-lived dancing partner doubled over instantly.

He crawled down from the bar, a swatted fly.

Ronan was positively glowing. More radiant than a pregnant mom. The look of triumph on his little brother’s face broke Axel’s heart.

“She loves me, Axe,” Ronan asserted. “How else, why else would she do that? Why not share her gifts—why save them all for me, the way she does?”

Axel sighed bitterly, gritted his teeth.

The song currently playing reached its pounding climax.

“Because you’re watching, Ronan,” he replied. “And she can’t afford to do that while you’re watching. You’re her sugar daddy.”

The music had been quite conveniently loud. So Ronan hadn’t heard that part. Or if he had, he hadn’t been listening.

“She loves me,” he blindly insisted again. “But not as much as I…”

His drunken voice trailed off, his dazed eyes lowered for a moment. He was turning something over in his fingers.

Axel caught a glimpse of gold and diamond, glinting beneath the pulsing strobe lights. It promptly vanished into Ronan’s pocket.

The muscles of Axel’s jaw tensed in dismay. “Ronan… what…”

“It’s nothing. You weren’t supposed to see.”

Axel set down his glass, reached urgently out toward his brother.

“Back off, Axe,” Ronan snapped, recoiling from the touch, glaring fiercely at his would-be protector. “Atria’s mine. Not yours.”

“She’s—”

“You all think she’s a fucking slut, and I don’t blame you for a second, but I…” Ronan’s voice cracked in his ever-thirsting throat, “…I’ve seen her heart. And I know love when I see it.”

Axel swallowed the million objections that he could’ve made to that statement. Settled on something less harsh. “It’s too soon, Ro…”

“What—just because you couldn’t win her heart, you think I can’t?”

Axel’s dark eyes narrowed dangerously.

Ronan drew in close again, his face afire with indignation. “Ever think maybe I get the girl this time, Axel?”

Atria was so much more than a girl, Axel knew. And she was never to be gotten. Not by anyone.

Ronan read nothing of the knowledge in his brother’s firm stare. He pressed on. “That maybe just this once, your little brother wins without you letting him?”

With those last words, he turned and left.

Axel knew better than to follow. He stayed and seethed. He would not stand for this. With that diamond, he knew there was nothing for Ronan to win. And everything to lose.

Atria watched as Ronan left the room. As soon as he was gone, a sultry smile crept onto her lips. She slinked down from the bar, grabbed the man with the buzz cut by the back of his head—he’d remained at her feet, even after the brutal twist.

Such was her allure that even the wounded could not keep away.

She pulled him into her, let his mouth worship her neck, then wander downward as he wished. Allowed him all he’d been denied.

And all she had denied herself. She’d noticed earlier that this man had very luscious-looking lips. Been hoping that Ronan would leave soon enough for her to get a taste.

Now that she’d joined the throng below, a thousand pairs of hands explored her bare bronze skin. Her sorry excuse for a dress covered quite little of it.

One hand suddenly gripped her arm more harshly than the others. Started to forcibly pull her away.

Atria knew this grip too well; she’d felt it many times upon her. Though more often elsewhere than her arm.

“You could’ve just asked,” she breathed as Axel Golde pushed her into a private corner, up against the wall.

She smiled at him like she owned him. Reached to twine her fingers in his tousled copper hair.

Pressed her glossy lips close to his ear. “Though it is hotter when you take me.”

He resisted, shoved her back to an arm’s length away. “Not now.”

Atria arched her raven brows. “That’s a first.”

“Well, here’s what’s not,” he spat. “Tonight you’re gonna bring another young boy to his knees.”

“Mmm, my favorite position,” she purred, placing her hands on his broad shoulders, pushing down as if to make him kneel in front of her.

Axel glowered, no part of him amused. “Ronan’s got a ring.”

The pressure on his shoulders stopped. The passion vanished from her voice, the roses wilted in her cheeks as all the blood drained from her flawless face. “Oh, fuck,” she murmured. “Poor thing.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Readers: What'dya think of the dark rose? I'd love it if you let me know in comments! And if you liked the scene, please don't forget to vote! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 10.4K 62
ETERNAL SORROWS SERIES, BOOK 2!!!! If you are new to this story, read Death's Awakening first!! It's completed here on Wattpad! https://www.wattpad...
369 42 21
Cera has finally settled for her life, although she is rebelling against it deep within her. Left alone most of her life, she has decided to take on...
495K 21.1K 34
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* Ellie is just like every other normal e...
1.8K 134 22
*Book 3 of the Fated Four Series* *Inspired by the Three Fates (the Moirai) of Greek Mythology* ~*~ "Designate your true self to find the answers yo...