Six of Crows AU

Από Magic_of_Juniper

Join the whole crew, villains and all, in a story about them if they went to high school in the modern world... Περισσότερα

Chapter One: Nina
Chapter Two: Jesper
Chapter 3: Kaz
Chapter Four: Inej
Chapter Five: Matthias
Chapter Six: Kaz
Chapter Seven: Wylan
Chapter Eight: Kaz
Chapter Nine: Inej
Chapter Ten: Nina
Chapter Eleven: Wylan
Chapter Twelve: Kaz
Not an actual update, sorry! Just an announcement...
Chapter Thirteen: Jesper
Chapter Fourteen: Matthias
Woohoo!
Chapter Sixteen: Nina
Chapter Seventeen: Jesper
Chapter Eighteen: Wylan
Chapter Nineteen: Kaz
Chapter Twenty: Inej
Yay!!!
Update

Chapter Fifteen: Inej

4.7K 123 222
Από Magic_of_Juniper

I like this song, and think it sort of applies to what's happening.

(Seventh day of being taken) (I changed a couple of dates)

Inej lay flat on her back, staring up at the plain ceiling, in total pain.  She couldn't register the full extent of it though past the infection and fever.  She had to distract herself, so she started to list her injuries.
1. Broken leg
2. Broken arm
3. Dislocated shoulder
4. Beaten to pulp
5.Her ulna was sticking out of her arm
6. She had been shot in the foot

Inej groaned, it was worse than she thought.  She would probably die here.  She heard a key inserted in the lock and raised her head slightly.  When she saw W she made to stand, but her knees buckled and she fell onto them.  He shut the door and walked over to her quickly, grabbing her arm.  Inej barked in pain, and he shook her.

"Quiet, we're leaving.  Your friends are here," he growled, dragging her towards the door.  As the words sank in determination clanged through Inej.  She would not be taken again.  She was not some wilting flower, she was strong.  Inej waited until he had her out of the room and the door closed before she lifted her non-broken arm and punched him in the jaw.  He looked down at her.  Then he threw her into the wall.  Inej hit the wall hard, her teeth clattering in her skull, black dots flashing across her vision.  She pushed off the wall, limping backwards, away from him.  He stalked over to her and Inej rolled, barreling into him.  She heard his head hit the ground, which was marble outside the room.  She jumped up, well, shakily stood, and staggered away, but he got up, shouting at her.  Inej couldn't really hear him though over the relief that flossed her veins as she heard gun shots. 
She knew that sound, the slightest straining noise before the bullet was shot, those were Avele and Maren, Jesper's revolvers. The man lunged, Inej tried to dodge but he grabbed her feet from underneath her and she fell to the ground. Her bad arm fell beneath her and she screamed as pain made her arm go numb and the sickening sound of cracking bones filled the hallway. She rolled onto her back, and W stood over her. Two of his men came running around the corner.

"Boss! He's coming!" one of them shouted.

"Don't leave! I hired you to help!" W bellowed.

"I didn't sign up to die!" They left him and W glared down at her, gently putting a foot on her throat. This was it. She was going to be dead. At least he never got what he wanted from Kaz.  She guessed it from the time he'd come storming in the night Kaz was supposed to pay him for talking to Inej.  That was one of the nights he'd beaten her with his bare hands instead of his knife or one of his goons doing it for him. W pressed down on her throat, harder and harder, until she couldn't breath. Black was crawling in over her vision and her air had run out. She closed her eyes, welcoming Death, she wanted to be strong until the end.  No more screaming.  Her friends hadn't made it in time.  As she slipped away she heard a familiar rasp, and her eyes slowly opened.

"Hello, Mr. Berge. Lovely day, isn't it?" Kaz had Matthias holding his throaty, and Jesper had his guns pointed at him, Nina lounging against the wall, and Wylan... was nowhere to be seen. Inej looked at them and Kaz looked down at her.

"Kill me if you want," shrugged the man.

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to kill you. I'm going to send you home, to your wife, and then I want you both to go check on your son. He's... hanging out," Kaz said, an evil smile curling his lips. Inej breathed in a shuttering breath and Kaz said,

"Night." Then Jesper hit him with one of the revolvers, knocking him out. Kaz immediately dropped to his knees beside her, his blue-black eyes full of sorrow.  Inej felt his strong arms slide under her and he lifted her up, holding her close to his chest.  Inej grimaced, and he shifted her arm so that it hung limply by her side. Inej turned her face into his chest, and then he started walking.

"It's okay now, Inej, we've got you," Jesper soothed.

"What happened to Wylan?" she asked, her voice scratchy and hard to hear as it was pressed against Kaz.

"He's in the car, waiting to drive us to safety," Nina replied.  Inej turned her face away from Kaz's chest to look at them all.

"You came for me," she choked out.  Tears threatened to come spilling out.

"We'll always come for you, you're one of us," Matthias said, taking her by surprise, as he was holding W on the other side of Kaz where she couldn't see him. Kaz said nothing, and Inej looked up at him. He was still the handsomest boy she'd ever known, she could recognize that even with pain lapping at her like a mother cat tending to its little one.

"Kaz?" He looked down at at her for a moment, then his eyes went back ahead. As they turned a corner she breathed a heavy sigh.

"We'll get you to the hospital soon Inej, don't worry," he rasped. She closed her eyes and re-buried her face in his chest. The pain lulled her eyes closed and soon she felt fresh air slide across her face and she breathed in deeply, turning her face away from his chest. The air was so fresh.

"Matthias, in the back, Jesper and Nina up front, Inej and I will be in the back."

"Kaz. I think as the Heart-"

"Are we going to have a problem, Zenik?" he growled, and Inej watched Nina back up. Kaz slipped into the backseat, and once everyone was in the car Wylan started to drive away. Kaz helped her sit more comfortably in his arms, he didn't seem to want to let go. Inej leaned her head against his shoulder and he kissed her temple.

"I was so worried about you," he breathed quietly into her ear. Inej huddled closer to him. The clothes she had been wearing were ripped and she was cold in the cool car.

"I was worried that he would hurt you beyond repair." Kaz looked down at her arm and Inej winced as she saw for herself the open wound, with her bone sticking out. She looked up at him.

"I'll be fine." Then she fainted.

(At the hospital, Wylan has contacted Inej's parents, and Kaz is signing her in)

Inej looked over at Kaz from her place in her wheelchair. Her head ached and so did her body. Wylan sat beside her in a chair, holding her hand. Matthias and Jesper weren't there, they were dropping W at his house, then coming back. Inej looked over at Nina, who was coming back over with a small paper cup of water. Inej took it in shaking hands and poured the crisp water down her parched throat. Nina looked down at her in sympathy.

"I'm so sorry Inej. This shouldn't have happened." Inej rested her head on her friends shoulder as Nina sat down. Inej looked around the waiting room, it had sliding glass doors as the entrance and exit, and marble floors and walls, with comfortable seats. A white counter held nurses behind it, checking people in. Suddenly Inej saw her parents rush into the hospital, and over to her.

"Oh! My baby, my sweet darling," cried her mother, peppering her with kisses. Inej started crying then, everything coming out.

"It's okay, you're safe now," whispered her father, kissing her brow. Inej's body shook with the force of her sobbing.

"Mr. Ghafa? Can you fill these out?" called out Kaz, beckoning the tearful father over to the white counter. Kaz and her father leaned over a piece of paper, and Inej looked up at her mom.

"They saved me mom. Kaz, Nina, Jesper, Wylan, Matthias. They came for me." Tears slipped down her cheeks, not as fierce as earlier though.

"They went alone? Without the police?" gasped her mother, eyes widening.

"Once they saved me Wylan called you and the authorities. They should be here soon." At that moment two officers strode into the hospital. They found her in a moment and walked over.

"Miss Ghafa. Can you tell us in detail what happened? From the beginning?" Do she did. They wrote every word down, one of them stopping to say,

"Kaz Brekker saved you?" With a raised brow. Inej nodded, and finished her story. Kaz had come over during the story, and he told about what she hadn't seen.

"Miss Ghafa, we are very sorry about this. We have one last question. Could you tell us the names of your captors?" Kaz had already told them where she'd been placed.

"Walter Burge as Kaz told you, and that's all I know." The police nodded and Kaz told them where he lived.

"I'm sure he's there," Kaz smirked. As the police strolled off an ambulance sounded, swerving into the parking lot.

"I wonder who that is," Nina mused, standing and going over to one of the many windows on the wall. A gurney rolled through quickly, and Inej recognized the hurt person's companion before the person. Jesper rushed over to them.

"Saints, no," gasped Nina, rushing over to the gurney, only to be shoved away by the response team. Matthias' parents came in behind them. As they wheeled him out of view Nina slumped into a chair.

"What happened?" asked Kaz. Jesper was looking blankly at where the gurney had disappeared down a hall.

"We thought he was out cold. But right before the door closed her shot at us, I didn't know one hit Matthias until I saw the blood coating his hand. Matthias didn't even make a noise. He just told me to call his parents. I called the ambulance first, then his parents. He didn't complain as I drove quickly away from Walter's house. It was bumpy, but I told the paramedics where we were and soon they were there, loading him up." Inej felt her heart drop. Someone had been hurt because of her.

"You boys should have let the authorities handled it," chided Mrs. Ghafa, she wad still holding Inej's hand. A nurse came out.

"Inej Ghafa?" she called out, her blonde hair glinting in the harsh fluorescent lights.

"Right here!" called her mother as her father walked over.

"We're ready for you."

Hello peoples! So, I'm driving in the car home from where my family went to go see the eclipse, which was totally amazing. Also, I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I just wanted you all to know that on my phone I can't do bold and italics and all that stuff, so sorry. And since I'm on my phone I'll have even worse mistakes. Please pardon any mistakes and the boringness of this chapter and the whole book. It's almost over, your torment is almost over. Hope you've liked it okay though! Don't forget to vote and comment!

-MOJ

P.S. I changed it so Inej was gone for a week.

P.P.S. LONGEST CHAPTER YET!

P.P.P.S I don't know if Nina believes in Gods or Saints or no one.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

33.6K 1.1K 30
Nyssa Verbeck knew who Vanoss Crew were, who doesn't? They're the most popular guys in school! It's impossible for them not to be talked about. It w...
41 0 6
What if maleficent had 2 other daughters? What if they mals twins? What if they all look different? What if 5 kids from the isle were chosen to go to...
1.1K 96 4
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘒𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘮 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳...
42.4K 482 33
*YOU ARE THE GIRL IN THE STORY* You and Connor had the perfect relationship until Jc starts.. liking you?? Do you have mixed feelings? But things get...