The Professor

By Ericka_N1

I'm supposed to be attending art school, focusing on studies, making friends, having fun. Instead, I can't ke... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thank You

Seventeen

48K 1K 294
By Ericka_N1

My feet briskly pace me around in a circle as I chew on my thumb nail. My other hand picks at my tank top strap.

What do I say? What do I do? Will they believe me?

My breathing rises while my fingers scatter through my hair impatiently.

It doesn't look obvious, right? Our story seems legit.

The door opens suddenly and unexpectedly, startling me like a gunshot would. I can't make out who's at the door. They're so fuzzy and smudged out from my vision. I slightly squint while my heart races even more, my thighs tingling until they are numb. Before I am aware of it, everything turns black.

* * *

There are quiet mumbles during my awakening, though I cannot make out the words to them.

Briefly, I am completely perplexed and dazed without reason. I cannot remember what happened last.

I open my eyes for an explanation to see a crowd of faces watching me. Their expressions light up when they catch me staring at each of them. It takes me a moment to realize that I am laying down on the floor with a pillow beneath my head. I assume I'm in my hotel room.

Half of these people, I don't recognize at all. Some of them, I am familiar with. Kneeling beside me is Alex. On the other side is one of the major chaperones. They both examine me cautiously.

"We were just about to call the ambulance." Alex grins at me warmly. She exhales a relief while placing her hand on my shoulder.

I slowly blink. "What happened?" My muffled voice asks.

"You fainted." Alex replies while rubbing my shoulder.

"Your roommate opened the door and that's when you collapsed." The chaperone adds sternly, explaining the situation as if this always happens around him.

Gradually, I push myself up from the floor, supporting my hands behind me. I begin to examine all of the stunned faces around me.

Suddenly, I remember everything. I remember last night and this morning and the reason I was fearing for my life.

I fainted because of everyone here. They still don't know why I was gone.

My eyes spot Dean. He stands behind the chaperone with his hands in his pockets. His eyebrows are straightened above his dark eyes and his lips are pressed into a hard line. He seems displeased.

I avoid his look by glancing back at Alex frantically, trying to remember the excuse I have to use.

Crap, what was it again?

"Is that why you were gone this morning?" Alex asks generously.

I tilt my head, signaling for her to explain more.

"Because you weren't feeling well?" She adds.

I freeze, jumbling every excuse I have in mind until my shoulders slouch peacefully.

That's it. There's my excuse.

"Oh, yes." I nod. "I kept getting these awful migraines and my stomach was just sickening. So I went to see a doctor. He said I was fine, to just take some medicine, and I did, but I guess it wasn't enough." I shrug while silently appreciating my fake story. The words just came to me. This has to be believable.

Alex puckers her bottom lip while cupping both of her hands on her chest sympathetically. "Aw, you poor thing!" She opens her arms and hugs me. After she releases, she keeps her hands on my shoulders to search my face. "You need to stay in bed today."

My eyes switch to Dean's, who watches me directly. I then nod at Alex while trying hard to avoid him.

She catiously guides me back onto my feet until she knows that I can stand on my own. I grin at her with appreciation.

Lying to Alex causes me to feel so awful. She's so generous and helpful about this. However, I had to lie, not even she can know about what really happened.

Her eyes catch a glimpse of my right shoulder, her character falling completely. She draws her eyes back to mine before questioning, "What happened to your shoulder?"

I turn my head so that my eyes can lay on my shoulder. I had forgotten about the bruises that were left evident from Dean's agressive intimacy last night.

"Oh, I. . .was just, uh, play-fighting with a friend. Nothing harmful." I smile persuasively while shrugging.

Yes, I definitely play-fought with a friend, alright.

Alex eyes me carefully. She then nods her head as if to tell me she believes me.

"Maybe you should take this." The chaperone suggests while pulling out a small, white bottle of medication. He opens the lid and taps out two pills into his palm. "Sometimes my stomach will do the same thing when my head hurts really bad." He hands me the pills. "These will help with the bruises too."

  While staring at his palm, I gently decline, "Uh, no thanks. I'm feeling better now." I convince, despite my headache from the fall.

  I'd hate to take medicine that I don't actually need. I only fainted because I was panicking.

"It's okay, these work really fast so that it prevents it from coming again. I really think you should take it." He still offers his hand out to me.

  My eyes glance at Dean for help. He still watches me like I've insulted him.

  With a sigh, I pool out the pills from his palm. A woman behind him hands me her water bottle. I toss the pills into my mouth and gulp down a large amount of water to push them down. The pills scratch my throat as they make their way down to their destination swiftly.

"Thank you." I try to hide my irritation from my voice while looking at him.

  He nods his welcome. "I hope you get better. It would be awful to miss some more out of this trip."

  I force a smile and nod once at him.

"Alright, we'll give you some rest. Feel better." Alex grins before walking towards the door. Everyone in the room follows until they are out the door. Dean still remains.

He stares at me with those intimidating eyes as he inches towards me. "Rosie."

"Dean." I reply.

"How are you feeling?" He asks while stopping in front of me.

"Nothing but a headache." I declare while running my fingers up his coat. They crawl around his neck slowly.

  He instinctively catches my wrist and returns it to my side. "I know what you're doing. It won't work." He claims flatly.

  I snicker. "Alright, honey buns." A giggle escapes my throat as I smack his chest. My eyes then widen where my hand struck.

Whoa, his chest is so hard. It's like a rock.

  My hands explore his chest some more. I giggle. It's so funny how he's so fit that it turns him into a rock.

  He removes my hands and frowns at me.

  I mimick his expression until I burst into laughter.

  He rolls his eyes as a grin grows on his lips. He shakes his head, all fury drained from his face.

"Oooo, there's that sexy side grin!" I bounce on my toes and giggle. I then force a pout with puppy eyes, "Aw, are you sure you don't want to fuck?"

  He just looks so damn sexy. Crap, why did I make that stupid bet? I think this medicine is already affecting me.

  He gently places his hands onto my shoulders to guide me backward. My calves run into the edge of my bed, causing me to land on my back. I giggle again.

I knew he couldn't hold off any longer! Ha! I win!

"You are obviously drugged up from that medicine. Get some rest." He turns his back to walk towards the door.

  My lower lips pushes forward as I dramatically frown. "Dean," I carry his name out as a complaint.

  He stops at the door and turns to face me. "Get some rest." He repeats and walks out the door.

I huff while banging my fists on the bed. "Poo-Poo head." I scowl at the door as if he can hear me.

* * *

My throat is dry when I awake. I'm also famished, like I've not eaten in a week. On the plus side, my head feels a lot better, despite a little dizziness. At least that medicine helped with something. Coming to think of it now, it was really strong medicine. It made me feel so odd, like a hollow feeling in my body. I'm glad it's out of my system now.

How long have I been out? Perhaps, an hour, I assume. I check my phone on the night table. It reads 9:47 PM. My jaw drops. There's no way I was asleep for six hours. I then notice a text message. It's from Blake. I open it to read, "Hey, how's Paris?"

I begin to consider on replying. His message was sent about three hours ago. I glance back at the time. 9:48 PM.

After climbing out of bed, I walk towards my window to assure myself that it is actually night time. Outside, the sky is black with glowing city lights beneath them. It really is night time. That medicine really knocked me out.

A knock on my door startles me. I stroll towards the door and open it. Dean's eyes light up at me in disbelief. "You're awake."

I scratch the back of my head. "Yeah, I was out for a bit." I chuckle.

"This is my third time knocking on your door. I was starting to get worried." He grins like he's been relieved of discharge. "I want to show you something."

I smile suspiciously. "Alright. Let me get my shoes on."

* * *

"Now can I open my eyes?" I complain again for the fifth time.

We've been in his car for a while now. He's ordered me to keep my eyes shut until he says so. I'm beginning to think that this may be a prank.

The car slows to a stop. I hear his door shut. Then, mine opens, his hand fetches mine to help me out of the car.

  It's a lot colder out here. My free hand tightens my jacket around me.

When I stand, he still holds my right hand. "Now you can open." He declares gently.

After my eyes open, I about cry. I can't believe he took me here. I smile while gazing at the beautiful sight with disbelief. "Dean," I gasp breathless. "thank you. The Eiffel Tower is much prettier in person than it is from my window." I chuckle gleefully.

He grins down at me. "I was part of the reason that you never got to see it this morning. I thought you deserve to see it." He glances back at the beautiful sculpture. "Let's go check it out."

"Really?" I smile up at him.

He gently tugs on my hand. "Yes." He then guides me forward.

I was definitely not expecting this from him. He's so generous for taking me here. He didn't have to do this at all.

We hike up even further up the structure silently, my eyes observing every inch with disbelief. The ground beneath us expands larger the higher we go.

I know that sometimes Dean can be a bit complicated, but then there is this side of him that I hardly see. It's this whole fun and hysterical side of him. The side of him that is generous and considerate and selfless. Why don't I ever see this part of him ever? I've adapted to his intimidating and demanding attitude he typically is. Why does he keep this side of him hidden?

We stop halfway through the tower so that we can admire the view. "Wow." I whisper.

"Amazing, isn't it?" He hasn't removed his eyes from me this entire time.

"Yes." I breathlessly respond. I then turn to face him. "Thank you. This truly is wonderful."

He grins. "My pleasure." His thumb massages the back of my hand.

I suck my lips in while staring at the ground, considering if I should say what I can't stop thinking about.

"What is it?" He smiles down at me, his fingertips pushing my chin up so that our eyes meet.

"You." I reply softly. "There's this whole side of you that I rarely see. Why is it hidden?"

His expression falls. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, this side is fun and unique, like someone who's passionate and thoughtful." I smile up at him.

He releases my hand. "Like a good side of me?" He snarls.

My lips part as I suddenly notice his offense. Oh no, I didn't mean to offend him.

"No, I mean, you're just typically not like this." I describe slowly while trying to find the correct way of explaining myself.

He frowns. "So, I'm never fun and thoughtful?" He snaps while glaring at me.

I panic while trying hard to search for my defense. How do I make this better? I don't want to argue with him right now. This moment is too beautiful to ruin the mood.

"No, you are, I mean-" I panic as I stare at the ground, my mind scattering up a way to make this better. "You're just typically serious with me. It's always about sex or protecting me from the world. You never show me this fun side of you, the side that's willing to go on dates and be cute." My eyes light up at him as I force a smile.

He tenses while staring blankly in space. He seems hurt.

Oh no, I didn't mean to hurt you, Dean. That's the last thing I want.

Why did I have to bring anything up? I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Tonight was so peaceful and amazing. Why did I have to be the one to ruin it?

"Dean," I shake my head sympathetically, searching for something to say to make him feel better.

"No." He stops me, his eyes meeting mine. "You're right. I've kept this part hidden from you. I was intentionally trying to keep this just sex." He admits.

My mouth opens. He was using me?

I frown at him.

"But," He adds so that I don't interrupt. "it was because I was afraid. I was afraid of. . .losing you." His jaw clenched like he's hit a nerve.

I tilt my head at him. "Dean, I'm not going anywhere."

"No," He slowly blinks as he swallows hard. "I mean losing you, like, forever." His eyebrows straighten.

I cock my head to the side while quizzically observing him for an answer. What does he mean by that? Does he mean death?

"You think I'm going. . .to die?" I ask sharply, my eyebrows raising.

He sucks in his lips. "No, well, yes-not exactly." He shakes his head at the ground. "About a year or two ago, I had this girlfriend, Sarah. She and I had been together for about two years. I was even about to propose."

My chest aches as he talks about his love for another woman.

He stares at the ground painfully. "One day, I was driving her to this location, it was downtown where we first met. I was going to propose." He shuts his eyes and gulps.

My eyebrows begin to furrow as I wonder how this story will end.

"But, there was this car at the stop light." His voice trails off as he shakes his head.

I can feel my eyes burning, threatening tears. My throat dries painfully as I watch him. I stop him from continuing, "Dean, don't blame yourself."

He stares at the ground silently.

"Dean," I snap to get him to look at me.

He glances up until our eyes meet.

I continue. "that wasn't your fault. It was the car that ran into you. Not you."

He watches me painfully. "I don't want to lose you."

"It was one time, Dean. You didn't cause that, it was only fait." I explain carefully.

He shakes his head defensively. "It was the second time." He shuts his eyes.

I silently gasp. "What?"

He gives himself a moment to breathe. "There was a girl before her. We were together for a year. The night before I planned on proposing, she-" He exhales. "She got very ill. Two days later, I lost her." He gulps painfully while avoiding eye contact.

I inhale slowly. "Okay, so maybe it happened twice, but that doesn't mean I'm next. I'm not going anywhere." I smile at him.

"I was afraid of getting close to you, but you're hard to stay away from." His eyes finally glance back up at mine.

My smile grows. "I didn't really lose my wallet that day, did I?" I eye him suspiciously.

His lips grow into a smirk. "I took it from your bag." He admits.

I'm now able to detect his humor. He's back to his fun, delightful self. It's relieving to see. "I'm glad you did." My arms wrap around him, his body heat warming me from the cool air. "I'm not going anywhere." I whisper against him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 82.4K 38
Book 1 of the Wolfe Series ||WARNING|| 18+ This book contains mature content such as sex, abuse, sexual abuse, guns & blood, and language Nobody sai...
232K 2.2K 11
The Hot Series (Book 1) Story Of a Mysterious Professor, a girl full of life and Mr. Stranger. ***** He is not just kissing me, I'm feeling like he's...
163K 5.1K 46
New Substitute professor arrives and you being the biggest playgirl, most popular, beautiful and hot senior of the university decided to make him you...
571K 11.7K 25
" 'I moaned as he pounded into me relentlessly while gently circling his finger around my clit. The hot water from the shower poured down on us and t...