[1] YOU FOUND ME ( gilbert bl...

By sameezyy

โAS LONG AS YOU'RE WITH ME NOBODY CAN HURT YOUโž in which a young girl with a unspeaka... More

ACT ONE โ–น
01 | AVONLEA
02 | MEETING ANNE
03 | NEW SCHOOL
04 | DUMB BLONDE
05 | NEARLY KILLED
06 | THE SPELLING BEE
07 | FORBIDDEN
08 | DON'T GET TOO CLOSE
09 | STANDING UP
10 | DRUNK PROBLEMS
11 | BACK TO YOU
13 | WAKING UP
14 | BROKEN HEARTS
15 | YOU FOUND ME
16 | BYE, BYE, BILLY
17 | ANOTHER FAMILY
18 | GOODBYE, AVONLEA
ACT TWO โ–น
19 | TAKING RISKS
20 | THE PARTY
21 | YOU'RE MY FAMILY
22 | DON'T LEAVE ME
23 | I HAVE A BAD IDEA
24 | THE BRITISH BOY
25 | ONE WAY TICKET TO HOME
26 | BACK TO YOU
27 | PROMISE
28 | AN INVITATION
29 | RETURN TO THE MANOR
AN | 100k!!
30 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART ONE
31 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART TWO
SEQUEL!

12 | HORRIBLE MEMORIES

28.8K 999 362
By sameezyy

12 | HORRIBLE MEMORIES

TONIGHT WAS ONE OF the most terrifying  nights I have had in a while. My heart was beating out of my chest and sweat was beading on my forehead as if I were having a bad dream about losing someone important to me.

But the thing was, it wasn't a dream. I was staring at poor Minnie May who was dying right in front of me. I didn't know what to do. I've never seen or experienced anything like what she had, so I didn't know how to help her.

The only disease I am familiar with is Cholera—the sickness my father and brother had before they passed away. Awful disease, it was. But this? I've never seen anything like it.

"Samantha!" Diana called, cradling Minnie May in her arms. "Go get Anne! You're faster than me, and we don't have much time!"

I was about to protest, to say that I could watch Minnie May while Diana could go get Anne, but I knew that I could run fast and by the conditions of Minnie May, every second counts. Like Diana said, we didn't know how much longer Minnie May could hold on.

"I'll be right back," I said, throwing on my coat and picking up the lantern waiting on the table. "But, while I'm gone, make sure she gets fresh air. It helps with any sickness."

And with that, I flew out the door, running as fast as I could to the Cuthberts'. Walking in the snow, it would take about eight minutes. I arrived at the Cuthberts' home in four.

I burst through the door, immediately running through the dining hall and up the stairs to Anne's room.

"Anne! Help me!" I cried, causing her to jolt up in alert. "It's Minnie May, she's coughing real bad and she's starting to not be able to breathe. It's like something is blocking her airway and we need someone to help!"

Anne sprung up out of bed, "I think I know what it is. I've seen it before."

"We need to find Ms. Cuthbert," I said, looking out into the silent hallway.

"She went to go see the premiere," Anne said as she put on her boots and tied them in tight knots. "Did your aunt and uncle go as well?"

"Yes," I said quickly. "It's just Diana, Minnie May, Great Aunt Josefine, and I."

"Matthew!" shouted Anne. "Matthew! Come quick!"

"I've never seen anything like this. I didn't know what to do," I said, my heart racing.

"I have," Anne muttered.

Soon enough, Matthew came rushing into the room.

"Matthew, go fetch the doctor. I'll go home with Samantha and see if I can help." Anne said.

"I'll see you there," Matthew said, blowing out his candle and quickly moving to his room.

"Matthew wont be back for hours, but I will do everything I can until then." Anne said, throwing on her coat.

"Diana is a wreck," I said as we rushed out of the room. "That's why I got here as fast as I could. Minnie May—she can't breathe."

"Thankfully she sent you," Anne said, rushing out the door with me on her tail. "The quicker the better."

I couldn't handle seeing Minnie May at such a horrid state. It reminded me of my little brother being sick, making this moment even harder to bare. Every cough, every cry—it reminded me of those terrifying moments.

"Please, help her!" Diana cried as Anne desperately tried to find anything that would help.

"Take her to the window," Anne ordered, Diana immediately obeying.

Diana held Minnie May in her arms, sitting on the windowsill, "Look at the moon, isn't she beautiful?"

I covered my face with my hands—that was what I had told my brother when he was dying. The sounds of the cries reminding me of that one terrible night. It was the night of my little brother's death. A few days after my father's, and one of the most horrible nights of my life.

"Samantha! Bring him water!" My mother cried, holding tightly onto my little brother's hand.

I desperately tried to fill up the bucket of water, but my hands were shaking too badly. I dropped the water on the floor and watched as the liquid disappeared into the wooden cracks.

"Hold on!" I shouted as I began to fill up another.

"Hurry, child!" My mother yelled, her sobs echoing throughout the small house.

I scurried over to the bed, where my sick, distraught brother was dying. I quickly put a wet rag onto his head, desperately trying to cool him down while my mother filled up a glass of water and gave it to him.

His coughs rang in my ears and I knew he was getting weaker. My poor little brother was miserable, and there was nothing we could do to help him.

"Open the window," My mother ordered.

I quickly ran over to the window and opened it, letting the fresh breeze fill my lungs. The moonlight shone brightly over our home, and its view was indescribable.

"Look, James," I said, pointing out the window. "Isn't she beautiful?"

My little brother weakly smiled and nodded, moving his hand signaling me to come closer.

"Sammy, promise me something?" James said, looking up at me.

"Anything," I said, holding onto his hand.

"Promise me that you will continue to adventure. Explore the world for me. I'll always be with you, right here." He said, pointing to my heart.

"I promise," I said, tears dripping down my face.

Suddenly, he stopped coughing. His chest stopped rising. He stopped breathing.

"James! James! Wake up!" I cried, shaking his body.

But he didn't move. He didn't speak. He lay there, motionless. He was dead. His once lively, bright face, was now restless and soft.

I couldn't breathe. It was almost as if someone had taken every last breath I had. Tears streamed down my face as I watched my mother scream in agony. My heart was torn into pieces, and I realized, in that moment, I would never be happy again. That night was the night I had lost my baby brother.

"Samantha!" Anne shouted, waking me up out of my thoughts. "Come help! We need you!"

Minnie May continued to cough, gasping onto every breath of air she could—then stopped. Diana cried and I knew that Minnie May could not breathe.

I watched as Anne laid Minnie May on the table, and Diana held onto her legs. She was slipping, and they needed my help. It took me a moment for realization to hit me, but when it did, I bolted up and held onto her legs.

"Come on Minnie May, cough!" Anne shouted repeatedly.

For a moment, I thought I would lose her. Just as I had lost my family. More tears were rushing down my face than I could possibly imagine. But, just as all hope was lost, I heard a cough. And then another.

"Good," Anne said, setting her back on the table.

Diana consumed Minnie May into a hug and kissed her forehead. In that moment, I knew she was going to be okay.

I collapsed onto the ground, my head pounding from everything that was going on around me. My ears were ringing and my vision was blurring. Then, all of a sudden, everything went black.

she just passed out on the floor what

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 12K 56
โDo you love her Gil?โž โžThat's the thing, I don't love ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ. I'm not sure the girl I do love loves me back.โž [Anne with an E- Season 1-3] {Gilbert...
34.8K 782 21
โ isn't it romantical, how we fell in love twice? โž [ gilbert x my fem!oc ] [ completed || 11/19/23 #1 rubygillis 1/23/22 #1 dianabarry 5/17/22 #1 lu...
246K 9.6K 47
"Come home some day." Gilbert Blythe has been away for almost two years. Upon his return to Avonlea, he finds that things have changed and there is a...
19K 991 30
"I'm sorry Gilbert I simply don't feel the same way." "Yes she does!" Added Diana. "Yes you do." Added everyone else.