Because You're Mine

By itsshewhowrites

Completed (11.12.17) --------------- It hurts, really, to not have a lasting happiness in your life. Somethi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Special: part 2)
Chapter 33 (Valentine's Day Special: part 3)
Chapter 34 (Valentine's Day Special: part 4)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Acknowledgements

Chapter 43

39 4 0
By itsshewhowrites

"Austin? Jake?"

For some reason, I was happy to see him again. The last time I saw him was when we were together...

I react without thinking: I run up to Austin and give him tight hug. He was caught off guard but catches me with ease and wraps his arms around me.

He's still my best friend, and this hug doesn't really mean anything. It's Chris that I choose now.

"I missed you." He says when he pulls off of the hug, but still holding me in his arms. I notice his eyes were twinkling and he had a huge smile on his face. All I could do was smile back, as my mind became blank because of the gorgeous smile he gave me.

"Ahem." Chris clears his throat. He takes large steps across the room towards me and pulls me away from Austin and into him. He gives Austin a pointed look before wrapping an arm tightly around my waist.

Austin clenches his fists and starts taking little steps towards Chris and I, but Jake stops him before he could beat up Chris.

"What are you even doing here?" Chris asks in an unwelcoming tone, to what I shoot him glare for, but he ignores it.

"I should be the one asking you that," Austin says.

"This is my girlfriend's house," Chris growls.

What? I thought I told him to take things slow.

Austin chuckles a little, "You're saying that as if this is your property."

I sigh, clearly annoyed with their stupid conversation, and say, "Get to the point, will you Austin?"

"Jasmine, do you know why I always disagreed with your choice of hanging out with Chris?" He asks, and I shake my head in response. "Chris, he's-he's a gang leader, Jasmine."

I stare at him in shock.

What did I just hear?

I then look at Chris who's looking at Austin like he's about to murder him. He must have sensed me staring at him because his head turns to me and anger replaces with concern.

"You don't trust him, do you?" Chris asks. I turn to face Jake, who's looking at all of us in confusion, then back at Chris.

"Answer me, baby." Chris gently demands.

"Since when did you give this dickhead the privilege to call you that, Jasmine?" Austin huffs.

"Shut up, Austin." Chris scolds.

"Not this time. I thought you were a good man, Chris. But no. You're the biggest liar I've ever met. How can you think about breaking her heart? How dare you think about that?!" Austin yells.

I'm so confused right now. What's Austin talking about?

"I don't know what you're talking about." Chris defends.

"You didn't tell her the truth yet, did you?" Austin slowly says while Chris stays silent.

What has Chris been lying to me about?

"I think it's time for you to leave." Chris orders, clearly irritated by Austin.

"I don't-"

"STOP!" I shout. I've had enough of their suspense.

If Austin is right about Chris being a gang leader, I need to know why he hid that from me and acknowledge anything that he's hiding. If Austin is wrong, then this proves that he's just jealous of Chris. Jealous that I chose him. That's he's making shit up so that I would hate Chris.

I don't know whether Austin is right or wrong, but the only way to find out is by confronting Chris myself.

"Chris, you're going to answer all my questions with either a "Yes" or "No". I don't want you to question me about anything that I'll ask you." I sternly say, and Chris helplessly nods.

"Are you a gang leader?" I ask.

"Jasmine, why are you believing Austin? Do you trust him more or-"

"I said no questions. That's my job. Just answer me. Are you a gang leader?" I ask once again.

"Yes." He replies.

I cannot believe it.

All this time, I thought I liked a normal person. I thought that by breaking up with Austin, I could get away from this whole gang thing.

Oh, how I was wrong.

This meaning Chris runs an opposing gang because no gang has more than one leader. I wonder if his gang is the one who's under Vole's control?

"See, I told you," Austin spoke up. "Remember when I told you Vole handed his gang to his nephew, and his nephew had gone to Adelaide for some business? I found this out just two days ago that Chris is that nephew."

Oh my god.

Is Chris the nephew of Austin's enemy? The man who's eager to kill Austin for killing his brother?

Wait. This also means that Luke is Chris's uncle because Luke is Vole's little brother.

So many things make sense now.

"Also, remember the time when Vole's gang tried to attack my gang area in Adelaide? That was Chris's gang. Vole told him to throw a surprise attack on us, but luckily, we found out." Austin explained.

"How the hell did you find out?" Chris asks.

"One of my men was sent to work for Vole's gang to provide us information, and to make it easier for us to find him," Austin replied, smirking.

"Jason..." Chris's voice trails off. "F***!"

My mind is all over the place right now.

I was sort of hurt for Chris not trusting me enough to tell me everything. I was sort of disappointed at myself for being the type of girl whom Chris couldn't trust completely. I was sort of glad that Austin had come here to tell me the truth. I'm upset that I had to hear the truth from Austin and not Chris.

"So, Jasmine, do you want to know more about this asshole? If you don't believe me, then ask him anything. I'm sure pretty boy won't mind." Austin says.

I turn to face Chris and look at him questioningly, while he looks at me with regret. "Chris, why didn't you tell me?" Chris avoids eye contact with me and frowns.

Looks like we're going to have to do this the hard way then.

I clear my throat and ask him firmly, "Look, if you want us to be together and have some sort of future, you're going to tell me why you were hiding such a big thing from me. Tell me everything I should know, Chris."

Chris sighs before saying, "I don't think you're ready to know what kind of monster I am, Jasmine. You'll hate me."

"Chris, I don't hate people for no reason. All you need to do is tell me. I can handle it. Right, Austin?" I turn to face him only to see him avoiding eye contact with me.

What? Does he think I'm not capable of handling tough situations?

My own best friend thinks I'm not mentally and emotionally strong?

"Jake?" I look at Jake who just shrugs his shoulders as if he's confused about the whole situation.

"Chris, I swear to god if you don't give me answers, I'll-"

"Fine, I'll tell you, but don't blame me for a broken heart," Chris growls, before sighing loudly.

"It all started when Austin killed Luke that day. He was my uncle. My and Jake's favorite uncle. He used to spoil us with so much love and bought whatever we wanted. We were all happy together until the day of his death. For ten hours, we didn't know about his death. We were worried sick about him when we heard no news about him. Those were the most horrible ten hours of my life, Jasmine. When we found out that he was murdered and who killed him, we were all so devastated and upset. We did some research about uncle Luke's murderer and found out that it was Austin. We looked into his background and found out that he's related to you and your family, Jasmine. We thought that you guys had something to do with his death, so we came up with a plan to avenge my uncle. Jake wasn't involved in anything after knowing our uncle's death." Chris explained. He started walking towards the couch and took a seat. I followed him and sat on the table in front of him while Austin and Jake sat on the love seat couch.

"What-what was your plan?" I asked.

"The plan was to return to your life, as our parents were very close friends. We first bought a house here in Toronto that wasn't too far, but not too close from your house. Then, Jake and I transferred into your school as well. Even though we had no classes together, I did keep my eyes on you. I despised everything about you that time because you were my uncle's killers' girlfriend, and I thought you had to do something with the murder. My family and I planned that eventually, I had to get close to you, get you to think I'm not a bad person, gain your trust and befriend you. So, that's why that day I was purposely walking in your direction and all of that happened. Since that day, though, you just made your way into my mind. I ignored it and focused on my mission."

"I had to befriend you, which I did eventually. I had to...how do I put this?" Chris stammers as he buries his face in his hands.

"Go on," I encouraged.

"I had to make you like me, more than a friend. Whenever I had the chance, I would be with you just so we could get closer. I faked my friendship for you for a while, but soon I forgot what I came here for and actually began to like you as a person. I started to like you more than a friend, and you did the same. I tried my best to push these emotions away, which somehow worked, but they came back. My main goal was to take you away from Austin, as in make you hate him, which would lead to a break-up between you both and end your friendship as well. I was supposed to make you hate Austin, Jasmine. Then, I would tell you about my uncle Luke in an emotional way, which you bring you closer to me and make you hate Austin even more. We both know that Austin loved you more than anything in the world, and he would be upset and in no mood for fighting, so I was to take advantage of that and take down his gang, then kill him. At last, I was to tell you the truth of why I really came to Toronto, and break your heart. But, I wasn't able to complete my mission, because I fell in love with you. We became closer day by day, and it just...happened. I couldn't control it. I didn't want to control it. I let it happen. I let myself fall for you, and fortunately, you also felt the same. All I wanted was you, Jasmine. I wanted you all for myself."

I was completely outraged. I didn't believe my ears at the moment.

How could someone I trusted so much intended to break my heart from the beginning? How could someone whom I thought was the right one for me try to destroy my life? How could someone have thought that I, a young, normal, innocent girl, could have something to do with a ruthless gang leader's murder?

How could he?

All this time I was accusing Austin of not being able to trust Chris because I thought he was a good guy. I thought he had a good heart. I thought he was just a normal, handsome guy.

How I was wrong.

Austin had been trying to warn me for so long, and I kept neglecting him and telling him that everything was going to be alright. I told him that Chris wouldn't dare to break my heart because somewhere inside of me I knew that he was the one for me.

And now, I'm shattered. I'm disconcerted. I'm lost. I'm sad. I'm frustrated. I'm angry.

I fell for someone who wanted to take someone who meant the world to me away from me. For Chris, I left the man I loved with all my heart. For Chris, I fought with my best guy friend. For Chris, I almost forgot my love for Austin. For Chris, I blinded myself in him.

What have I done?

----------------------------------

2125 words! This is probably the longest chapter in this book.

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
1.1M 31.2K 59
TAKEN SERIES: BOOK TWO TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAIN...
430 16 24
Jasmine's life has been full of misfortunes and losses, but nothing compared to the moment her daughter was taken from her right before her eyes. She...
3.1K 92 23
Savannah is your typical teenage girl. She doesn't drink or do drugs. She has friends and a boyfriend who is the shittiest of the all. This all chang...