Caged

By JalizaBurwell

For her entire life, Sang Soreson only knew about violence and the last two years taught her how to survive... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's Message
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 13

8.7K 590 37
By JalizaBurwell

**| Sang's POV |**

The next morning, Silas and I went back to the cabin so I could have space. Meeting most of the pack had left me tired and agitated. They weren't happy about me leaving but Sean decided it was a good idea. Too much had happened in too short amount of time and having six of the nine members of the pack around was overwhelming. I didn't even want to begin to think about what it would feel like to have all nine around me.

I was glad I met most of them. My wolf felt more relaxed and less likely to lash out. I could feel the difference in me, as if meeting them had healed something broken inside of me. I didn't really understand the changes, I just knew I felt lighter.

A couple of days passed before Sean came over for his daily visit and asked me if I wanted to meet the rest.

That meant meeting Nathan, who I tried to tear apart in my craze.

I nodded in agreement but we decided it was best to not meet at the cabin since that was still my domain.

I followed Sean with Silas at my back as we went into the woods and walked to our meeting place. The walk was a long one but I enjoyed the exercise, desperately needing to move my body.

My ears picked up the crashing of water, the air heavy with the smell of fresh water and fish. I picked up my speed, wanting to get there, and Sean and Silas easily adjusted to the change of pace.

When we finally broke out into a clearing, I paused in amazement.

Sean had led me to a waterfall. A beautiful waterfall, with rocks lining the banks to create a barrier from the spray of the crashing water.

"Come on," Silas said. "They're on their way, but it'll take a little bit. Come feel the water."

He grabbed my hand and helped me up onto a massive rock and then closer to the water.

When we got to a smaller rock near the water, he jumped down first before turning around and grabbing me by the waist. He lifted me up and placed me down in front of him.

"Careful," Sean called out, still standing on the grass area, watching us.

Silas just grunted as he sat down and pulled off his shoes and socks. He looked up at me and cocked an eyebrow, smirking.

I finally settled down next to him, taking off the shoes Gabriel had bought me when I first came to their pack lands. Next were the socks before I slowly lowered my feet down the side of the rock and into the cool water.

I gasped in surprised, not expecting the water to feel so cold and refreshing. With how hot South Carolina had been the last few days, I expected it to me warmer. Silas chuckled. With how tall he was, the water went up his calves while the water barely covered my feet.

"This is my favorite spot," Silas said. "I love the water and the privacy here allows me to just be while staying safe. Don't tell my alpha, but sometimes, while on patrol, I would stop by here for a few minutes to enjoy the quiet. It's a good place to think."

"You picked a good spot," I replied, staring down in the crystal clear water. I could see fishes moving around underneath the surface but they left us alone.

"Tell me a little more about your alpha and Nathan."

Silas looked thoughtful for a moment before finally speaking. "Nathan probably gets into the most fights among us."

I snorted at that and his lips twitched. I knew that already, obviously.

"But he's quick to repent too. He's had the most trouble with his wolf. I won't get into too many details, but it has to do with his father. His father was a mean asshole and while Nathan won't really admit it, he struggles with his fear of becoming just like his father. You already know he's our lead enforcer, but he also tends to pick fights with North and even Victor a lot. He doesn't meant to, but his wolf needs an outlet and most of the time, it ends up being fighting."

Silas sighed and kicked his feet in the water briefly.

"He really didn't mean to challenge you. He's still learning to not do that, but it's hard. It usually takes Kota to make him realize he's being an ass. But despite all that, he's a great man. He's probably the most loyal among all of us. He doesn't let anyone push us around and he's the first to jump in a fight to save our asses."

"I never held that fight against him. I knew I lost control. I could admit to that much."

"He felt really bad. Even more when you wouldn't wake up, and then when you nearly went wild. He didn't sleep until you woke up again. I think Alpha Blackbourne was about to have Sean sedate him. He's been punishing himself since hurting you."

I nodded. "And Alpha Blackbourne?"

"Intense."

I giggled and bumped into his arm. "Is that all you have to say?"

He shrugged. "He's intense. But he only has everyone's best interest at heart. Sometimes he has to make hard decisions and when they don't go the way he expected them to, he punishes himself. Being an Alpha is a heavy responsibility."

"How long have you guys been a pack?" I asked. I remembered some of his stories went back to when they were just children.

"North and I joined when we were eleven. North came here from Greece after his uncle hunted him down and then I followed soon after. The others had been together since they were little. Then Alpha Blackbourne and Sean found them at around seven and eight."

"You guys are so close," I said wistfully.

Silas stiffened briefly and I knew a conversation was going on in his head. After a moment, he climbed to his feet, grabbing his shoes but not bothering to put them on.

"Come on, they'll be here shortly. Just remember, no one will ever hurt you."

I nodded and got to my feet too, grabbing my shoes. We made our way carefully back to Sean. Just as we reached him, I could hear two others approaching. My wolf grew alarmed but I tried reassuring her.

They were Silas's pack. They weren't going to hurt me.

Finally, two figures stepped out and I stared at them as they walked toward us.

My eyes were automatically drawn to the most powerful Alpha in the area. He felt like a whirlwind, demanding attention, drawing me in, and risking to drown me with his presence.

Intense did not describe what I felt.

The Alpha wasn't the tallest member of the pack but that didn't seem to be an issue. His steel grey eyes focused on me and I nearly whimpered. I vaguely remembered him when I was nearly wild. About how he tried to force the change but failed. The regret he felt while trying to help me, the way he pleaded for me to shift back into my human form.

My eyes trailed over his body, taking in the dark grey sweater hugging his lean frame, matched with black pants and black shoes. His soft brown hair was cut short and pushed back away from his face to show off the intensity of his eyes underneath perfectly sculpted eyebrows. The scent of spring soap tickled my nose as I forced myself to look away from his intensity to focus on the second man.

Nathan.

His height was just shy of being as tall as his Alpha. He wore a red t-shirt and light brown cargo shorts, hugging a big frame. Blue eyes stared back at me and I could see the regret in his expression. He ran a hand over his short reddish brown hair, looking a little nervous to be seeing me.

"Miss Sorenson," the Alpha said in way of greeting. "My name is Owen Blackbourne. It's a pleasure to meet you."

I nodded in acknowledgement, neither of us even bothering to try to shake hands. That would be too much for me at the moment. His voice was sharp and commanding, and I found myself holding back a whimper.

"Hi, Sang," Nathan said. "I'm Nathan Griffin."

Nathan looked off to the side briefly before stiffening and focusing back on me. I noticed the Alpha sending him a glare and by the wince on Nathan's face, he was probably being berated for something.

"I'm sorry about when we first met. I didn't mean to challenge you like that."

I gave him a weak smile. "It's okay. I understand what happened and I never blamed you."

"You should," Nathan said and then winced. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair again and I got a peek of the man Silas explained to me. He was definitely full of energy and I could feel his need for some kind of outlet but he was trying to be on his best behavior.

"When..." I trailed off, trying to think of what I wanted to say. The four men stayed quiet and politely waited for my response. "When I'm up to it, would you like to spar?" I asked.

Nathan's eyes widened before he glanced at the Alpha. A moment later he nodded in agreement and I grinned at his excitement. I needed to get back into shape. If I stayed as I was, then they would be able to easily capture me. I couldn't let that happen.

"I hope everything is to your satisfaction?" Alpha Blackbourne asked.

I nodded. "You have given more than I have ever expected."

"Then you better prepare yourself and expect more. From the incessant chatter in my head, they aren't going to want to let you go anytime soon. Gabriel has been talking about a shopping trip."

My eyes widened. "I can't let him spend more money on me." They'd already spent enough just to get me the basics. I had more than I ever thought I could ever have.

"It's not problem," Alpha Blackbourne said. "They want to spoil you. I suggest letting them."

"Just go with it," Silas whispered despite knowing everyone would hear him anyways.

"Fine," I huffed out and Silas chuckled.

I swore, for just the briefest moment, the Alpha smiled. It was a tiny flicker of his mouth, but it had to have been a smile.

"I have duties I need to attend to. Miss Sorenson, if you have any problems, please let me know. I want to make sure you're comfortable here.

"Thank you," I whispered, knowing I would probably never do that.

The Alpha turned to leave and only took a couple of steps before stopping to turn and face me. "And please feel free to come to the main house whenever you're up to it. I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you up and about."

Those were his parting words before he disappeared into the woods. A couple seconds later, Nathan winced.

"I need to get back to my patrol duty," Nathan said, looking like he'd rather be anywhere but where I was. "I'll see you later."

And with that I met with rest of the pack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 9K 43
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
405K 8.4K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
366K 11.9K 26
Daisy Swan likes to disappear, even when she was in the same room as other people. Until she meets the most ruthless vampire leader who thinks she's...
151K 6.1K 45
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...