Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

XVII

1.1K 62 24
By W1LDCH1LD

Setting: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department – West Hollywood Station

With this being her second time in jail, Demi actually had another experience to compare it to, so while she sat waiting for someone to bail her out, that was what she did. The West Hollywood Station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department was much nicer than wherever she had been forced to spend the night the last time she got arrested for assaulting her backup dancer. Then again, she was under the influence of cocaine so her surroundings didn't matter that much until her high wore off and she realized that she was in jail. Unfortunately, she wasn't under the influence and she could see everything crystal clear. And what she saw wasn't that bad, or as bad as she thought that jail would be.

She just didn't think that she would have to stay there for so long. She didn't even know what was going on. All she knew was that she hadn't sat down because she didn't want some filthy steel bench to ruin her Tom Ford outfit. It's not everyday that Tom Ford himself sends you an outfit that was specifically made for you. Of course, no one here understood that and after the fifth time, the guard that kept walking past with a cup of coffee every thirty minutes had stopped telling her that it was okay to sit down.

Speaking of said guard, he was on his way back with another coffee in his hand – she liked coffee too but seriously how much could you drink in one day – and this time he actually stopped outside of her cell door and opened it for her.

"Someone posted your bail. You're free to go," he said before taking a sip of his caffeinated beverage.

"Seriously?" Demi questioned, resulting in the bald man nodding his head and going back in the direction he came, so she followed him. Once they made it back upstairs, Demi almost wanted to turn around because it wasn't Trey who had bailed her out and it wasn't her father either. She would've preferred either of them over Kris Jenner. Leaked sex tape? She could handle. Seventy-two-day marriage? She could handle. Jail? That really was not Kris's forte and Demi could already imagine what she was going to say.

"Oh my God, sweetie, are you okay?" Apparently, Kris could be concerned and pissed off at the same time. As soon as Demi was within arm's reach of her, Kris engulfed her in a hug and rubbed her back as if she needed the comforting after spending a few hours rotting away in a steel cell.

"I'm fine, I just want to go home," Demi mumbled once Kris let her go. She rubbed her arms then led the way outside.

Kris didn't say anything to her as they walked outside to her car, basically getting bombarded by paparazzi. Once they finally got in, she still didn't say anything and Demi looked out of the window to avoid making eye contact with Kris. She had her glasses on and she never wore her glasses out in public. Her lips were also pursed. That's how Demi knew she was about to get cussed out.

"Um thanks for-"

"Demi, have you lost your mind? Do you know what time it is? Do you know how worried I was when Trey called me and told me that you had been arrested for fighting a pregnant woman? What the fuck is wrong with you?" Kris ranted as Demi folded her hands in her lap, still trying to find ways not to look at Kris.

"But I-"

"I don't even want to hear your excuses. You wanna know why he called me and asked me to come and get you? Because he knew that if he sent your dad, he wouldn't yell at you because of the relationship you guys have and because of what has happened in the past. But you know what? I don't give a fuck! It's damn near three in the morning and I just had to bail you out of jail because you decided to assault a pregnant woman! Do you know the fucking strings I had to pull to make sure she wouldn't press charges? Do you know how fucking hard it is to get in contact with Robert Shapiro AT ALL, nonetheless three in the morning?" Kris continued, speeding up a little bit more as Demi combed her fingers through her hair. Clearly Kris was not going to let her get a word in. Maybe she shouldn't have fought Elysandra but Kris didn't even know the whole story.

"I'm sorry," she pathetically mumbled as Kris just shook her head.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You need to do some soul searching because I have had it with you. I understand you've been going through a lot and you can blame whatever you want or whoever you want but you need to get your shit together. And I mean it, Demi. If you don't get yourself together, you may not have had to go to rehab the first time but I will personally drop you off at a nice little rehab center myself if you don't get it together. Do you understand me?" Kris threatened as she pulled into Trey's driveway. Demi took her seatbelt off but before she could get out of the car, Kris yanked her back by her wrist.

"I said do you understand me?" She repeated, causing Demi to slowly nod her head. She had never even been this scared of her own mother before, but after this little car ride, Demi knew not to cross Kris again.

"Good. Call me in the morning and let me know what's going on. I'll handle the media and you better stay out of the tabloids for at least the rest of the week. Get out," Kris demanded, finally letting her go.

Demi exited mumbled a "thanks" before exiting the car and walking to Trey's front door. She was about to open it until she realized that she didn't have her phone or purse, which meant she didn't have the code to his garage or the key to his house. So, she just had to take her chances and ring the doorbell.

Surprisingly, a few minutes later the door opened but Trey didn't seem happy to see her at all. Demi didn't blame him but honestly, was what she did that bad? Elysandra was sitting there calling her crazy so how did she think she was going to react? Just sit there and give her the resting bitch face? No.

"Hey," she shyly greeted as she closed the door behind her.

But Trey didn't say anything. Instead he went upstairs and into his room, and since she really wanted to shower she followed him. She hated the silent treatment. Especially from Trey. His silent treatment always made her feel like shit.

"You can sleep and shower in the guest room. I already put your stuff in there," he said before she could even walk into the bathroom.

"Seriously?" she hissed, narrowing her eyes at him as she faced him.

"I'm not about to do this with you."

"Do what? Talk? You not talking to me isn't going to solve shit! I'm sorry for fighting her but she was just sitting there talking shit and-"

"Demi, I don't care what she was saying to you. You are a grown ass woman and she's pregnant. Whether it's my baby or not you crossed a line tonight!"

"Whether it's your baby or not? So, you're saying there's chance it could be your baby meaning you're a fucking liar and you actually did sleep with her!" Demi seethed as Trey threw his hands up.

"That came out wrong. All I'm saying is she's pregnant and you assaulted her. You ripped two of her braids out of her head and twisted her wrist all because of words! That doesn't seem a bit illogical to you?"

"Fuck you, Trey."

"You won't! And you can't because you've been popping your PTSD medicine like tic tacs and now it has you all fucked up. Or should I say even more fucked up than before!"

That caused Demi to take a step back as if the wind had been knocked out of her. "What are you talking about?"

"I was cleaning out the bathroom and I found your prescription. Arnold gave you 60 pills to take once a day and you've had that medicine for less than 30 days yet all of the pills are gone. And I've googled the side effects and it all makes sense now. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on with you and why you won't talk to anyone about any of this! Instead you're lashing out and just...you're not being you anymore!" Trey argued as Demi folded her arms over her chest and suddenly found the hardwood floors in the room very interesting.

She didn't know what to say because he was right. Maybe she hadn't noticed it at first but she gradually started to take the pills more than once a day once she realized that they were actually working. Yeah, she had gotten sick a few times and sometimes she couldn't even drag herself out of bed but she wasn't anxious. She wasn't on edge. She felt...fine...sometimes, and she would take that feeling fine sometimes than going back to how she felt before Arnold had given her the medicine. And why would she think to tell anyone that some stupid pill was the only thing that could calm her down? She could hardly tell Trey about having PTSD in the first place.

"Look, it's been a long night and I think we just need some rest. We'll talk about this in the morning. You can sleep in here or in the guest room. I don't care. I'm just tired," Trey shrugged before breezing past her to go into the bathroom.

Instead of going to the guest bedroom, Demi grabbed her purse, making sure the keys to her car were in there, before grabbing Batman and Robin and just leaving the house. She just needed some space, and clearly Trey did as well. She took the semi familiar route to her house and took a deep breath as she pulled into the driveway. She still had her key so she unlocked her front door, set Batman and Robin down, before setting the key on her side table and closing the door behind her. She locked it and then set her new security system. Max had showed her how to work it even though she wasn't there anymore. Then she went up to her room, kicked off her shoes, and climbed into her bed. She hugged her silky pink "eat, sleep, contour" pillow to her chest as she felt tears starting to fall down her cheeks. She didn't even try to stop crying, she just let it all out.

Unbreakable Performance, West Hollywood, California 90046

Send me your location
Let's focus on communicatin'

Unbreakable Performance was an exclusive training facility in Los Angeles that offered strength and conditioning, mixed martial arts, recovery, and fuel; and it also happened to be home to a few MMA fighters and a handful of celebrities, Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, and Sylvester Stallone being just three to name. After last night's fight and arrest, Demi decided that she was going to be proactive about this whole thing and get her emotions back in check. And if therapy wasn't enough, she was going to go to the gym.

So, Monday morning after letting Batman and Robin play outside, she had thrown on one of the Fabletics outfits that she had designed, slipped on her favorite pair of Nike Free Runs, then got into her car to go to the gym. Trey hadn't texted her or anything, but she texted him and hoped he would at least grace her with a response.

The car ride only lasted about twenty-two minutes. It ended when Demi pulled into her personal parking spot Unbreakable Performance. There were a few spare paparazzi snapping pictures so she slipped her Chanel sunglasses over her eyes and got out of her car. It just so happened that as she was getting out, Trey was pulling up next to her. So, he had read her text. He just didn't respond.

She waited for him to get out before walking towards the entrance. Even though Trey didn't have a personal membership to the gym, he had been there with her a few times so he knew where everything was. She went to the locker room while he went to the front desk to check out a pair of boxing gloves. When he had his gloves on, Demi came out with her pink ones on and they both headed towards the empty ring. He didn't even ask any questions. He knew this is what she did to relieve stress and after last night's fight and her going off on Kourtney (for a not very good reason), she had to be emotionally drained.

"Let's go." He challenged, causing her eyebrow to raise at his request. She was the one who invited him yet he was the one who was challenging her. But apparently, he wasn't kidding because he threw a jab at her and actually punched her in the shoulder.

"What the hell?"

"I said let's go. You're ready to fight any other time but now that we're in the ring, it's a problem?" He questioned as he started to bounce around her as if it was some sort of game. And that pissed her off even more. So, she lifted her gloved hands and turned to face him.

"You really pissed me off last night," she stated, throwing a jab at him only for him to block it by ducking.

"How?"

"Seriously?" She threw two punches his way, one hitting him in the stomach while he dodged the other one.

"Humor me, baby."

"Because you basically defended Elysandra. Maybe I shouldn't have fought her but you know she was in the wrong for talking all that shit about me and speaking about something she doesn't know about," Demi explained as Trey hit her in the stomach, which caused her to wince.

"What else?"

"I don't wanna talk about it anymore." She stopped moving, and Trey hit her in the arm before using his foot to knock her off her feet. She landed on her back with a groan and shook her head when he offered her his hand.

"We're not done. Get up," he demanded but she simply rolled onto her stomach and took a deep breath before standing up again and guarding her face.

"I don't need you fighting my battles for me," Trey said, throwing jabs that Demi blocked left and right.

"What do you mean?"

"The Kourtney thing...the Elysandra thing...Demi, I love that you're always there for me but sometimes you just gotta let me handle these things by myself. You have enough going on and you get so emotional about everything. I don't want you stressing over me," Trey ranted before Demi landed one punch in his stomach and they circled around the ring again.

"It's not about stressing over you. It's about the fact that I feel like we're a team. We're in this together. And I don't like people fucking with you." Demi didn't know how many times she ended up punching him, but it was enough to knock him over. And he didn't stand up again, so instead she stood over him, staring down at him with her arms folded over her chest.

"If we're really a team, then you have to talk to me. You have to communicate with me. I didn't forget about the pill thing either. You just have to be more open with me, and I will try to do the same. We're in this together," Trey suggested before standing up. He started to breeze past her but not before sweeping his leg against her feet, causing her to land on the ground again.

"Sorry. Payback for that stomach punch. That really hurt," Trey said before offering to help her up. Demi giggled as he helped her up then followed her out of the ring and back to the counter to turn in his gloves.

"I think that helped," Demi said after they met back in the front after she packed all of her stuff up.

"Yeah. By the way, where did you stay last night?" Trey questioned as he swung Demi's bag over his shoulder.

"My house. Can't say it was the best sleep I've ever gotten but baby steps," Demi joked as Trey threw her bag in the backseat of her car for her before opening her driver's side door for her.

"Meet me back at home?" There were those stupid butterflies again.

"See you at...home," Demi offered him a smile as he swooped down and planted a loud kiss against her lips before closing her door and going to his own car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.2K 26
I think I can my see my life in your eyes...
14.7K 619 12
I need something different. Something's been missing...
153K 3.9K 22
It ain't nobody's business but mine and my baby's.
84.6K 3.1K 42
you're the best mistake I ever made...