Better. [e.d]

By euphoricdolan

Elena moves into a house with a group of people for university. What happens when she falls in love with the... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
continue writing?
Shall I come back?

f i f t e e n

17K 462 860
By euphoricdolan

Chapter 15:

Elena's POV:

I walk into the living room and sit back in my seat and Ethan sits back next to Bree.

"So, Ethan, how old are you?" Bree asks and rests her hand on his knee. Ethan looks over at me and smiles. "I'm nineteen," he responds looking back at Bree. I roll my eyes and watch Bree flirt with Ethan for the next few minutes. Ethan and I would exchange looks every time she would flirt and I would just laugh.

*

5:45 P.M.

I went up to my room and looked through my closet for something nice to wear.

After 15 minutes of searching, I decided on wearing a baby pink v-neck dress. I went and confirmed with Ethan how fancy I should dress earlier and he said casual fancy which is what the dress is.

I did a bronze smokey eye and applied nude lipstick onto my lips once I had done the basic part to my makeup. I put on dangly, silver, glittery earrings and decided to leave on my charm bracelet. I then pulled out my curling iron from my drawer and plugged it in. I know this isn't a date, but it's just been awhile since I got dressed up and even gone out anywhere, I justed wanted to look good.

After curling my hair, I put on my mascara and strapped silver heels. I take a look in the mirror, happy with my appearance and smile. I then slip on my white small side bag. I put my painkillers inside and my phone before heading out of my room. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom, Grayson, and Evan were.

I explained to my mom earlier about how I haven't been out in awhile and how Ethan offered to take me out. She understood and was fine with me leaving her for a bit. She said she would get to know Evan and Grayson more.

"Hi," I say and they all turn around from the counter to look at me. "My oh my, you look gorgeous, Elena!" My mom says smiling at me. "Yeah, you look amazing!" Grayson says and I couldn't help but smile. I feel like I haven't talked to him in so long, I miss him. "Where are you going?" Grayson asks. "Ethan and I are going for dinner," I say and walk towards them. "Like... a date?" Evan asks. "Right? That's what I thought," my mom says. "No not as a date, he has a girlfriend. He just wants to take me out of the house because I was complaining about how bored I've been here not doing anything," I say. "He couldn't have taken you to the mall or something?" Evan asks and I roll my eyes. "Whatever, it's not a date. He's doing me a favour," I say.

"Hey," I hear Ethan say from behind me. I turn around to see him standing at the entrance of the kitchen dressed in black skinny jeans and a white short sleeved dressed shirt with black diamonds on it and his long hair was pushed up nicely to the side. Damn. 

"Ready to go?" He asked once I was finished secretly checking him out. "Yup," I say and walk towards him. "Well, have fun," Grayson says. Ethan and I leave the kitchen and head to the front door. We leave the house and get into Ethan's BMW.

He pulls out of the driveway and heads to the restaurant.

"You look good," he said glancing at me. "Thank you, so do you," I say. I look over at him and I noticed he was chewing gum as he was focused on the road which was really hot. Not again. 

"So where are we going?" I ask after a few minutes. "Madeo," he says. "Huh?" I ask and he smiles at me. "It's an Italian restaurant," he says. "Madeo?" I ask confirming I heard him right and he nods. "Sounds familiar," I say. "Celebrities are always spotted there," he says. "Really? Do you think we'll see someone?" I ask excitedly. "It's possible," he says smiling. "Who would you wanna see?" He asks. "Zac Efron!" I say. "Troy Bolton?" He asks and I let out a laugh. "Yes, I love Troy," I say. "Who else?" "Uhh... Justin Bieber," I say. "You like, Justin?" He asks me. "Yeah, Bree is obsessed with him and she would always be blasting his music so I kinda got into him," I say. "What about you? Who would you want to meet?" I ask. "Kid Cudi or Kyle," Ethan says. "Are they your favourite artists?" I ask. "Yup." "Have you seen either of them live?" I ask. "Gray and I saw Cudi a few months ago but we've never Kyle," Ethan says and pulls into the parking lot.

"We're here," Ethan says once he parks his car. I get out of the car and walk up next to Ethan towards the building. Just the front of the restaurant looked very fancy.

We walk in stopping at the entrance and it was a beautiful place. It had round tables covered in white tablecloths with the lights slightly dimmed down.

"Woah," I mumble. "Nice, huh?" Ethan says. "Yeah," I say and we walk towards the hostess. "Reservation for Dolan," Ethan says to him. "Right this way," the hostess says as he grabs two menus. He leads us to a table at the back corner and sets down our menus.

"Are you okay with sitting here? I requested for us to sit here because it's usually busier here and I thought sitting in the corner wouldn't be so loud," Ethan says to me. "Yeah, I'm fine here," I say and the hostess takes off. We take a seat in our chairs and look through the menu. After spending a few minutes of debating what to get and ordering our food and drinks, we started talking.

I really hope this doesn't get awkward... Ethan and I are alone a lot, but that's only when were sitting on the couch watching T.V where we were able to make conversation based off of what we were watching. 

"So how are you feeling so far?" He asks. I give him a confused look and he elaborates. "Your ribs, this is the most movement you've done in awhile, how do they feel?" He asks. "Oh, they're fine. They don't really hurt much," I say. "That's good," he says and it goes quiet for a few seconds.

"So, how would Palmer feel about you doing me a favour and taking me out of the house?" I ask trying to start a conversation. "She wouldn't be too happy about that, but let's just make sure she doesn't," Ethan says. "Speaking of, where has she been? I haven't seen her since the cottage," I say. "Oh, uh, she's been busy and hasn't been feeling too well lately," Ethan says and I nod and it goes quiet.

"Oh, so, you think you're a better flirt than your sister?" Ethan asks after a few seconds, leaning towards me with his arms on the table. "Yup," I say popping the 'p' and leaning in as well. "Alright, prove it," he says. "Alright, I will," I say and lean back into my chair.

"Well?" He asks after a few seconds and raises his brows. "What?" I ask. "Are you gonna flirt or not?" He asks. "Not right away! I have to catch you off guard," I explain and he smiles widely. "Okay, okay, let's switch the topic then," he says and I nod. "Let's get to know more about the Elena Martinez," Ethan says and I laugh. "Where are you from?" "Italy," I say. "And you were born in Anaheim?" Ethan asks. "Yeah," I say. "You have any other siblings than the flirt?" Ethan asks and I laugh. "No, I don't," I say. "Hey, why didn't your dad come with your mom and sister?" Ethan asks. "He's probably out on a business trip," I say. "Is he out on business trips a lot?" "Yeah, I don't really get to see him much," I say. "That must be hard," Ethan says. "I'm used to it," I say shrugging and the waiter comes over with our drinks. "Let's talk about you now," I say leaning over to be closer so I can start flirting. "Alright," Ethan says. "So, you're part Italian as well?" I ask remembering that Grayson mentioned his Italian heritage before. "Yeah," he says. "Have you ever been to Italy?" "I went once, but I didn't get to do anything there, I was only there for a day," he says. "Are you planning on going back?" I ask. "Yeah, Grayson and I really want to," Ethan says and I hum. "Do you have any other siblings?" I ask. "I have an older sister named Cameron." "Are you guys close," I ask. "Yeah, I guess," he says and looks away from me. Bingo. "You guess?" I ask. "She's closer with Grayson," he says and looks back over to me. "Does that bother you?" I ask and rest my hand on top of his. "It's just, I can't help but feel a bit jealous when I see them talking alone about problems they're having or laughing at inside jokes I don't get," he says and I hum in response as I began to rub my thumb against the top of his hand. "Like, I know I have Grayson but Cameron's my sister too and- OHHH I KNOW THAT TRICK!" He says smiling and removing his hand causing me to laugh. "Even though I've used that before, you still had me going," he says still smiling. "See, I'm a pro," I say before taking a sip from my drink. "Still don't know if that beats your sister though," Ethan says. "The night is still young, I still got a lot more," I say and the waiter then comes over with the food. We thank him before he leaves and then start eating.

"Has your hair always been that long?" I ask. (A/N: ethan has his long hair still in this okay bye) "Not really, I just started to keep it this long this year but Grayson and Evan hate it and bother me about it all the time so I might cut it soon," Ethan says and takes a bite from his salad looking down at the plate. "It's sexy," I say confidently and he looks up at me making eye contact as he chews on his food. "You like it?" He asks once he was done. "I really do," I say smiling before taking a bite of my food. "That was good too. But, complimenting is the most basic way to flirt," Ethan says. "Hey, but a girl using 'sexy' as a compliment with confidence is pretty out there. Girls usually go like, 'Oh my, you look handsome,'" I say in a high pitched voice with a loud giggle at the end. He smiles and lets out a laugh. "I guess your technique was better," he says and I hum agreeing with him.

About an hour later, Ethan and I decided to head back. We argued over who got to pay but Ethan won in the end. We got up and head to his car.

I pull out my phone to check the time to see it was almost 9:00. I then get into the car and so does Ethan. 

"How was the food?" Ethan asks me. "It was amazing! I'm just pretty bummed out that we didn't get to meet Justin," I say jokingly. "Mm, maybe next time," Ethan says and starts the car. 

We drive for a few minutes in silence until Ethan's phone starts to ring which then connects to the car stereo.

"Hello?" Ethan says.

"Yoooo, are you still on your date or whatever?" Evan asks through the phone.

"Shut up, Evan," Ethan says and I let out a quiet laugh.

"Can you go pick up the pizza's we just ordered?"

"I'm only a couple minutes away from home why can't you go get it?"

"Because I'm drunk Grant! Jeez, are you stupid?" 

"You got drunk while Elena's mom's visiting?" Ethan says angrily. "Ethan it's fine," I say softly.

"Yo, chill the fuck down, she was cool with it re-lax," Evan says and Ethan lets out a deep.

"Okay, whatever I'll go pick them up," Ethan says.

"It's under the name cheese," Evan says.

"Do you mean the order is cheese pizzas?"

"No man, cheese."

"Whatever, okay," Ethan says.

"Alright, see you bae kiss kiss," Evan says before hanging up and I laugh.

Ethan turns the car around and heads to the pizza place where we always order pizza. 

"Grant?" I ask. "What?" Ethan asks. "Evan called you, Grant," I say. "Oh, yeah that's my middle name." "Cute," I say and smile.

"You wanna wait in here?" Ethan asks when he parks the car in the parking lot. "No, I'll come," I  say and we get out of the car. We walk into the shop and to the cash register. I look around and see only a couple sitting a table.

"Welcome to Blaze Pizza, how may I help you?" The cashier greets. "I'm here to pick up an order for cheese," Ethan says awkwardly. "Like... for a cheese pizza?" She asks and I let out a giggle. "No, my dumbass friend drunkenly ordered a pizza under the name cheese I think," Ethan says and I laugh even harder. "Ohhh, yes I took that call. It'll be ready within five minutes. Would you like to pay now?" she asks and Ethan nods.

Once Ethan paid, we moved a bit over to the side in case anyone comes in and needs to order.

"Is there like a special occasion going on tonight for you two?" She asks us. "Oh, no we're just friends. We actually just came back from dinner," I say and she nods. "That is a very pretty dress," she says smiling and I thank her with a smile. "And you are very handsome," she says looking Ethan up and down. "You work out a lot I see," she says and starts to play with her hair. "I gu-" Ethan starts before I cut him off. "I thought employees weren't allowed to flirt with customers," I say. "I wasn't flirting," she says sternly and stops playing with her hair. "Oh, yeah, I bet you weren't," I say sarcastically. "Order for cheese!" A man then yells on the other end of the counter. Ethan and I walk towards him and grab the three boxes that he handed us. We then walk out and into Ethan's car. He places the pizzas on the ground in the back and gets in the driver's seat.

"What was that all about?" Ethan asks smiling. "What was what all about?" I ask. "The whole, 'I thought employees weren't allowed to flirt with costumes,'" Ethan says. "I just didn't want anyone to take over my number one flirting spot," I say and he pulls out of the parking lot. "Yeah... Okay," Ethan says and it was obvious that he didn't believe me. "Oh shut up, you thought I was jealous?" I ask and he smiles. "You wish," I say. "Plus, I also thought it was kinda weird how she was checking you out while you watched her," I say. "You did that too," He says. "What? When?" I ask. "When I walked into the kitchen earlier you turned around and checked me out," Ethan says smiling. "Hey, I was just simply looking at your outfit and I didn't even make it so obvious like she did! There's a difference between looking at what you're wearing and checking you out," I say. "Is there really though?" Ethan asks smiling. "I wasn't looking at your muscles or thighs or anything," I say and he just nods while still smiling. "Oh, whatever," I say and hit his arm causing him to gently laugh.

Once we get home, we walk and hear music playing and people singing from the kitchen. We walk to the kitchen with the pizza's in Ethan's hands and we see everyone in the kitchen dancing and yelling with alcohol in their hands. I even see my mom jumping around with a bottle in her hand.

"WHAT THE HELL MOM!" I yell. "Oh, hey sweetie," she says smiling at me. I look over and see my underaged sister with a can of beer in her hand. "MOM HOW COULD YOU LET BREE DRINK?" I ask as she turns down the music a bit and everyone stops dancing. "Well, I realized in a couple years she's going to be on her own and probably going to parties so I thought I would let her have one sip for the first time with me!" My mom explains. "She has the whole can in her hand and you really think this is her first drink?!" I exclaim. "Bree!" My mom yells and grabs the can from her hand. "Everyone here but Savannah and Evan are underage, how could you let them drink?" I ask more calmly than how I was before. "They said they didn't drink much so I thought it would be okay," my mom says. "Ava is my age mom and you let her drink," I say and look over at Ava. "Well she's from Canada and it's legal there. It should be legal here too." "Mom, you're a nurse I can't believe you!" I say before barging off to my room.

(A/N: I apologize for if there are any mistakes, I wanted to update fast for you guys so I didn't read over for any mistakes oops...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.4K 412 29
[inspired by to all the boys ive loved before] Ethans girlfriend broke up with him , Ethan was so devasted so he turned to his girl bestfriend and as...
160K 2.6K 48
You and the twins had been best friends ever since high school, when they get bullied, you always stand up for them, you hate seeing them sad. Later...
211K 2.8K 21
When you send someone's nudes to the entire school, you're bound to start a war. - Ethan and Heaven get on each other's nerves. A lot. They push each...
170K 3.1K 38
We were Just friends Who spoke like lovers And that seemed to be enough for Two teenagers who were scared to love one another. k.a.t Highest Ranking...